HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Richards playing injured ? [All Posts re: the Mike Richards Debate Go in Here]

Old
02-05-2012, 05:27 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
You guys are just evil ********. No mention of pancakes?
...or looking like Penncakes skating in syrup most of the time...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I do think Richards uninspired play of late may be because of his frustration with his line mates. Im sure it isnt fun not being able to contribute like you know you could.

however I've also noticed that Richards the past few years breaks down in the middle of the year and his production slows down considerably. I think he needs a more intense conditioning program than he is currently accustomed to.
Great. So he and Kopi go through the same thing mid season....

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 06:33 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
I do think Richards uninspired play of late may be because of his frustration with his line mates. Im sure it isnt fun not being able to contribute like you know you could.

however I've also noticed that Richards the past few years breaks down in the middle of the year and his production slows down considerably. I think he needs a more intense conditioning program than he is currently accustomed to.
During the Olympic year he played better after January and only slowed down in June. Last year everyone started to suck as the season went on, just like what we're seeing this year. I bet the concussion is the problem, he wouldn't be the first to play hesitantly after coming off one, especially in a year when they're in the news so much.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Fangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
The way Simmonds has been playing and Schenn is starting to play is making Lombardi look like the complete failure that he is. Of course, the fact that Richards is playing horribly doesn't help.
Schenn is showing that big potential of heart, grit, offense and leadership skills, and has potted 5 goals in his last 16 games since getting over his concussion and broken foot, and Simmonds is playing better than anyone than the Kings' bottom 9.

Admittedly I applauded Lombardi for taking a risk by acquiring an in-his-prime player in Richards but, there was one linger of doubt in my mind throughout the summer: It was that Lombardi gave up two exceptional forward assets, when he could have kept one of 'em and trade off a defenseman instead, afterall the defense was an organizational strength..

..shortly after the trade we saw Smyth, Moller, Handzus and Holloway bolt. So not only were the kings offensively challenged to begin with, there was even more question marks heading into the season. I sure as hell wasn't going to rely on Gagne staying healthy, Penner breaking out of his "passenger" role, Parse being a competent NHLer, or the bottom half of the lineup becoming anywhere near as good as previous editions that included variations Fro-Zeus-Simm-Poni-Modin, and so on.

With all the uncertainty there now and the future, something needs to be done. Another coach was fired for this, the team is struggling to score goals, and the Kings have to fight for another bottom seed.

Last edited by Fangio: 02-06-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 07:21 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Mike Richards will pick it up again.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Richards is the longest signed King. No need to get dramatic and doomsday over it, there is a lot of hockey left to play.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Kingurentai

People implying hurr philly won trade are hilarious. If you cant see the clearcut dropoff point for MR (concussion) I don't know what you're watching.

Mark my words. Come playoffs, Schenn and Simmer will be afterthoguhts just like when MR was playing "normal". No matter how good Simmer plays (dont get me wrong. i'm happy for Simmer but he's no MR)

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 10:02 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
Still feelin' the effects from that concussion one can assume.

I'm of the notion that having Pennercakes coupled with Old Man Stoll on the wings is making his head spin.
An article from Web MD where athletes were warned of 2 new contagious diseases in sports.
Namely:

- Pancakes Syndrome - where an athlete looses strength, motivation & consistency.And you feel and play like... you guessed it. Like a "pancake."

- Stoll-cer - it's a type of ulcer where you just can't focus and do the things you normally do. No doctors can figure it out.

These 2 new diseases have no "vaccine" found yet. It's still on R & D.

To help the program, you are encouraged to donate anything whatever you can afford. It's greatly appreciated.

The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Don't forget THIS is how the guy plays when he's completely healthy.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 10:25 PM
moosehead81

Not to worry- its a long season; make the play-offs and you'll see an MR who'll do anything to win. When you play both ends of the ice like Mike does, it's a chore to hurry back to the offensive zone to try and create something when the transition occurs from defense to offence. Check Mike's average shift length and it's among the lowest of the LA forwards (46 seconds as compared to Kopitar's 51 seconds and Penner's 45 seconds- Penner's a low ball likely because he's gassed just being out there). Secondly, LA has nowhere near the kind of scoring punch Philly had and currently has, nor do they play the kind of upbeat, high tempo game Philly plays which creates scoring chances for players like Richards. Obviously, a player in the latter kind of game will get more quality chances and more points and a player in the former won't. Lastly, pretty hard to score when you and Kopitar are likely your only offensive threats on each of the first 2 lines and the opposition can key on those two. Richards was brought in as a second line defensive minded center who can contribute up to 70 points with PP time and could take some heat off Kopitar. Unfortunately LA has few offensive weapons to support him and Kopitar, and the few they have just aren't cutting it.

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:27 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead81 View Post
Not to worry- its a long season; make the play-offs and you'll see an MR who'll do anything to win. When you play both ends of the ice like Mike does, it's a chore to hurry back to the offensive zone to try and create something when the transition occurs from defense to offence. Check Mike's average shift length and it's among the lowest of the LA forwards (46 seconds as compared to Kopitar's 51 seconds and Penner's 45 seconds- Penner's a low ball likely because he's gassed just being out there). Secondly, LA has nowhere near the kind of scoring punch Philly had and currently has, nor do they play the kind of upbeat, high tempo game Philly plays which creates scoring chances for players like Richards. Obviously, a player in the latter kind of game will get more quality chances and more points and a player in the former won't. Lastly, pretty hard to score when you and Kopitar are likely your only offensive threats on each of the first 2 lines and the opposition can key on those two. Richards was brought in as a second line defensive minded center who can contribute up to 70 points with PP time and could take some heat off Kopitar. Unfortunately LA has few offensive weapons to support him and Kopitar, and the few they have just aren't cutting it.
Thank you....you just made the perfect case for why Lombardi should NOT have made the Richards trade.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 11:59 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Thank you....you just made the perfect case for why Lombardi should NOT have made the Richards trade.
Players like Mike Richards aren't available all the time. It was a steep price, but a good trade.

Incidentally, if Lombardi didn't make the trade, and the Kings were struggling this season with Schenn and Simmonds, you'd be wailing about how Lombardi is hoarding all of these prospects and doesn't make a trade to improve the team NOW.

So how about you save your rhetoric for when you can actually be objective, as opposed to just pissing and moaning about every move that is made and not made, because it's boring.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:15 AM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Players like Mike Richards aren't available all the time. It was a steep price, but a good trade.

Incidentally, if Lombardi didn't make the trade, and the Kings were struggling this season with Schenn and Simmonds, you'd be wailing about how Lombardi is hoarding all of these prospects and doesn't make a trade to improve the team NOW.

So how about you save your rhetoric for when you can actually be objective, as opposed to just pissing and moaning about every move that is made and not made, because it's boring.
No you are wrong....100% wrong. With Schenn and Simmonds, the Kings would have two players under 24 who are stars in the making and would form part of the core of this team for the next 10 years.

I have NEVER been a "win now" fan...in fact I have nothing but contempt for the fans who begged and whined for the Anson Carters, Dustin Penners, and other assorted trash over the years.

RIght now, it doesn't look like a good trade and in 2-3 years it will look even worse.

Old
02-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Kingurentai

Quote:
I have NEVER been a "win now" fan...
Well then, tomd, you let us know when would be a good time. Because we've been waiting for a few decades now.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn;43668261[B
]Players like Mike Richards aren't available all the time. It was a steep price, but a good trade.
[/B]

30 NHL Gm's make that trade 100 percent of the time.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:32 AM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
Well then, tomd, you let us know when would be a good time. Because we've been waiting for a few decades now.

and guess what...under Lombardi's disastrous leadership you'll be waiting a few years more...

Old
02-06-2012, 12:33 AM
tomd

Quote:
30 NHL Gm's make that trade 100 percent of the time.
If you mean to get Schenn and Simmonds then I agree...

Old
02-06-2012, 12:40 AM
SFKingshomer

Schenn would be in the AHL and Simmonds would have 15 pts on this team

SFKingshomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:47 AM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Schenn would be in the AHL and Simmonds would have 15 pts on this team
If so, then you are just confirming the incompetence of this organization.

Old
02-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
It's very possible that Schenn would be in the AHL right now. I mean Penner and Stoll are on the second line...that says a lot about the current situation. Neither of these guys have been demoted, they've been allowed to hold their positions like they aren't doing anything wrong.

The Richards trade would look much better with a coach and GM who builds their team from a more offensive oriented perspective. More offensive meaning balanced in the Kings case. Balance needs to be found or this team will be stuck in 7th and 8th position forever.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:53 AM
SFKingshomer

The Kings are not the run and gun Flyers

Old
02-06-2012, 12:54 AM
tomd

Quote:
The Kings are not the run and gun Flyers
boy is that an understatement.

Old
02-06-2012, 12:59 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
boy is that an understatement.
So Simmonds and Schenn wouldn't be doing squat on this team. Glad you agree,,,,

Old
02-06-2012, 01:01 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
You are not seeing his underlined message bro.

The message is "of course we are not the flyers" "We have Dean Lombardi as a GM and he sucks at building offense".

I don't even give Lombardi credit for Richards. The Flyers called Dean. Most GM's (rumored) didn't even know Mike was availiable. I give Dean zero credit for it.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:04 AM
tomd

Quote:
we'll never know will we? we do know, however, that Richards has 6 points since December 1st (21 games) and none in his last 8 games. Pretty impressive if he was a 3rd pairing defensive defenseman...not so much for a 2nd line center.