HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Richards playing injured ? [All Posts re: the Mike Richards Debate Go in Here]

Old
02-06-2012, 03:01 PM
moosehead81

vCash: 500
Yes you got it Johnny Utah- a player in his fourth year of downside who literally almost single-handedly carried the Flyers to the SCF just 19 months ago. Telos and Deeshamrock actually have got it- different system, different players and maybe a little injury are likely the root causes for a MR fall-off. My sense is that the trade was made on the premise that the supporting cast including Gagne would provide some offensive spark so that MR and Kopitar would have less pressure to carry the load. Can you imagine the results if Richards was heading for 70-80 points and Kopitar for 90 or more and the background cast was doing their "normal" expected load? This discussion wouldn't be happening.

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 03:10 PM
MsWoof

It's taken Reimer weeks to get over his concussion, as in several weeks. Giroux had one and has been terrible in January, so if Richards is tentative because of his concussion, it's natural. But I agree with others who say the style of play the Kings have is a huge factor, it's the complete opposite of Philly where it's all offense, no defence.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Johnny Utah

Excuses, excuses. The argument is in the stats and how the teams are doing and in this game it favors the Flyers. They didn't fire there coach, they can score goals, they are 4th in there division.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 03:25 PM
SuperAlmeida

Hopefully it works!
Quote:
MRichie_10 Michael Richards
New Nexus stick is in, could be the thing I need to get the ball rolling #bauer #needagoal
He should do the same as O. Jokinen. Eat a Big Mac: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=nhl-rxl-twt

Quote:
theroyalhalf The Royal Half
If it takes a Big Mac for Olli Jokinen to get a goal, then the LA Kings are going to need the entire Southern U.S. McDonald's franchises.

Last edited by SuperAlmeida: 02-06-2012 at 03:36 PM.
SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 03:53 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Excuses, excuses. The argument is in the stats and how the teams are doing and in this game it favors the Flyers. They didn't fire there coach, they can score goals, they are 4th in there division
THey also give up alot of goals, 11 in 2 games this weekend i n 2 losses to teams in their division that they needed to beat, they lost 4 points and are averaging giving up over 3 goals a game.
The Flyers do not have solid goaltending or defense, they have forwards who create turnovers and for the most part are not defensively responsible.
You can't go deep in the playoffs when you have to score 4 goals per game to win, not 4 times in a 7 games series to NYR or Bruins or Pens, all of whom are better defensively and have better goaltending.

Solid Defense and top notch goaltending are the most important things in a Cup run.
Currently, the Flyers don't have either

They have to play bck to back this weekend againt the Rangers again and the Redwings.
Given that Crosby is coming back, that will put hte Pens past them in the division.
They will most likely finish 6th in the Conference and will be lucky to win a single round

It's not about high scoring teams, its' about balance, and keeping the puck out of the net.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 05:09 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Excuses, excuses. The argument is in the stats and how the teams are doing and in this game it favors the Flyers. They didn't fire there coach, they can score goals, they are 4th in there division.
Flyers can't stop anyone from scoring either which is a far greater concern. Like I said, Simmonds would have about 15 pts. for LA while Schenn would be playing for the Monarchs...

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Then set your sights on Lombardi and his impending exodus, not Mike Richards. I'll say it again, this guy is going to be beloved in LA for a very long time. Not to mention how early it is to be *****ing about this now, Schenn & Simmonds have a long road ahead of them as well...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

I ignored JU...but I wonder how he feels knowing that in terms of even strength points...Simmonds is almost EXACTLY on pace what he had with us.

He is still between a 30 and 40 even strength player...who is now getting extra minutes on the PP and extra points.

he has 31 points.

11 of those are POWERPLAY POINTS. 7 goals 4 assists.

So his even strength totals?

10 goals 10 assists. 20 points. and a -5. On pace for yup 31. and roughly a -7 or 8. Those aren't very good even strength totals. AT ALL.

Know what he had his last year here? 30 points and a -2.

I like how people act like they wouldn't trade Richards for Simmonds again. Such a good trade for us. People want to talk about statistically how much better Simmonds is playing. Dude, Simmonds even strength numbers...they kind of suck really. People throwing a fit over a 30 point, 3rd ****ing winger.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 06:45 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I ignored JU...but I wonder how he feels knowing that in terms of even strength points...Simmonds is almost EXACTLY on pace what he had with us.

He is still between a 30 and 40 even strength player...who is now getting extra minutes on the PP and extra points.

he has 31 points.

11 of those are POWERPLAY POINTS. 7 goals 4 assists.

So his even strength totals?

10 goals 10 assists. 20 points. and a -5. On pace for yup 31. and roughly a -7 or 8. Those aren't very good even strength totals. AT ALL.

Know what he had his last year here? 30 points and a -2.

I like how people act like they wouldn't trade Richards for Simmonds again. Such a good trade for us. People want to talk about statistically how much better Simmonds is playing. Dude, Simmonds even strength numbers...they kind of suck really. People throwing a fit over a 30 point, 3rd ****ing winger.
And Richards has 16 even strength points in 45 games...that is HORRIBLE for a guy making over $5 million a year!!

And throw in Schenn and his future development and it looks even worse.

And before you start complaining that Richards doesn't have any wingers, ask yourself a question...Does Richards make other players better or does he need good players himself to succeed? If the latter, then we are in deep trouble. If the former, then he is failing

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
And Richards has 16 even strength points in 45 games...that is HORRIBLE for a guy making over $5 million a year!!

And throw in Schenn and his future development and it looks even worse.

And before you start complaining that Richards doesn't have any wingers, ask yourself a question...Does Richards make other players better or does he need good players himself to succeed? If the latter, then we are in deep trouble. If the former, then he is failing
Same was said of Kopitar after his deal... There is a lot more things to be worried about on this team over Mike Richards.

Old
02-06-2012, 07:01 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Same was said of Kopitar after his deal... There is a lot more things to be worried about on this team over Mike Richards.
I don't remember Kopitar costing two important assets.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Johnny Utah

Everyone is complaining about his wingers, so pathetic. Go over to the Flyers board and asked who he played with the past 2-3 years over there...Carcillo, Nodl, Powe, Gagne, etc....no one that will blow you away and he still produced....but yet in LA, he is now entering his 9th game WITHOUT a point.

Kopitar has gone through goal scoring droughts before but at least he is throwing the body, generating assists or back checking....I didn't even notice Richards in the past 2 games.

Old
02-06-2012, 07:02 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Wanna play that game? Last year at this time, Philly was FIRST in the LEAGUE with Richards on the team.

You lose.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
I don't remember Kopitar costing two important assets.
Potentially only one asset. Schenn's upside is Richards, we paid Simmonds to get a guaranteed player, signed cheaply long term. Losing Simmonds isn't reason enough to go nuts over, we are Kings fans, we've been through worse.

Old
02-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Johnny Utah

Actually, I will make this easy for everyone.

Here is Kopitar's game log.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/...JbNasO1sxivLYF

Here is Richards game log.

Here is Wayne Simmonds game log.

The longest Simmonds went without a point was 6 games. The most Kopitar had was 3.

Richards is about to play his 9th game, and 8 before that were WITHOUT a point.

Old
02-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Everyone is complaining about his wingers, so pathetic. Go over to the Flyers board and asked who he played with the past 2-3 years over there...Carcillo, Nodl, Powe, Gagne, etc....no one that will blow you away and he still produced....but yet in LA, he is now entering his 9th game WITHOUT a point.

Kopitar has gone through goal scoring droughts before but at least he is throwing the body, generating assists or back checking....I didn't even notice Richards in the past 2 games.
Kopitar has suffered similar slumps as well as many others, Niklas Backstrom's career pointless streak is 12 games. Perhaps the Capitals should trade him for Simmonds straight up?

Old
02-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Johnny Utah

Even when Simmonds was struggling he was cycling the puck, standing in the front of the net or standing up for his team mates...what the heck has Richards done besides getting smoked by Morrow, he should've let Greene have that fight.

Richards is one of the most over rated players I have seen in awhile. Penner is a just a flat out disapointment and Stoll is just not that good anymore or has his head up his actress girlfriends ass.

I am so sick of seeing guys with big contracts and big expectations come here and stink and it seems to happen over and over again.

Old
02-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Actually, I will make this easy for everyone.

Here is Kopitar's game log.

Here is Richards game log.

Here is Wayne Simmonds game log.

The longest Simmonds went without a point was 6 games. The most Kopitar had was 3.

Richards is about to play his 9th game, and 8 before that were WITHOUT a point.
You are ridiculous. You realize this proves nothing. Litereally nothing. Come off it.

The list of elite talent that has endured such a streak is endless. You are focusing all your hate in the absolute wrong direction, it is almost funny.

Do me a favor. Look up Simmonds' pointless streak record while playing for the Kings...

Old
02-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Even when Simmonds was struggling he was cycling the puck, standing in the front of the net or standing up for his team mates...what the heck has Richards done besides getting smoked by Morrow, he should've let Greene have that fight.

Richards is one of the most over rated players I have seen in awhile. Penner is a just a flat out disapointment and Stoll is just not that good anymore or has his head up his actress girlfriends ass.

I am so sick of seeing guys with big contracts and big expectations come here and stink and it seems to happen over and over again.
Are you ****ing kidding me? "This guy needs to stand up for his teammates" He goes and gets into a fight and you reply with "He should've let someone else do it"!?!?!? What the **** are you talking about?

You need to take a step back and ask yourself WHY none of our acquisitions are working out. WHY they are all 20+ goal scorers on other teams and laughable here. Yeah, our players can be doing a lot of things better, but you are delusional if you think they are failing us because they "suck" or some other copout. There are much bigger problems with this team than Mike Richards.

Old
02-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

For the last time. Richards did not play with Carcillo, Powe and Nodl majority of the time. I don't know where the **** that information comes from. Are you saying that Richards centered the 4th line cause that is where those players played on Philly. and Nodl is a center.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Johnny Utah

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nhl/...arcillo/969475

http://*******************/articles/...ent-the-answer

http://flyersfaithful.com/2011/02/05...off-detweiler/

"Since being put on Richards’ wing on November 6th, Nodl has played 35 of 39 games with Mike Richards."

You can zip it now buddy.

So that's Carcillo in the playoffs and Nodl and Zherdev during the regular season.

Old
02-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Ollie Weeks

JU, wtf is going on with you man? You're a pretty sensible guy, I can't believe how much this Richards trade is messing with you.

Ollie Weeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

It's called jungle fever. Once you go black, you never go back.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
If the Richards trade is that big a deal to you, it's probably for the best to find a different team. If you're going to be that bothered by watching him for a decade, I mean...it's really up to you I guess.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 07:47 PM
SFKingshomer

If the Richards trade was proposed on the board this time last year, it would have been laughed at. "3rd liner and 2nd line prospect for a top 15, 2 way center, LOL "

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote