HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Atmosphere in Ottawa

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2012, 11:19 PM
The Lollipop King
4th Line = all heart

vCash: 500
Atmosphere in Ottawa

Anyone else find it sad that we have a louder Leafs presence in Ottawa's arena then we do at home?

The atmosphere seems so fake at the ACC sometimes, you got the corporate sushi eaters who leave the platinum seats empty for 70% of the game, and then you have numerous cues from the management at ACC to make noise, not natural excitement.

Plus that stupid guy in the cowboy hat doing a dance every single game is just lame.

There is a lack of passion at the ACC, and I hope that the Leafs making the play offs will change that.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Cheaper tickets = more fans at the game. Plus, it's always fun to have home game away from home.

I couldn't stop laughing when Cole said "The fans wanted a penalty but didn't get one"

Old
02-04-2012, 11:20 PM
IWD
Playoff-hardened

I'm not against the idea of amplifying the sound at the ACC to make it appear louder than it actually is.

Could make it more intimidating for road teams.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Eb
TML

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
I'm not against the idea of amplifying the sound at the ACC to make it appear louder than it actually is.

Could make it more intimidating for road teams.
Watching the Winnipeg game on New Year's eve when the leafs played them it seemed like the crowd was right above the players. Add a crowd that was yelling the whole game, it had to be intimidating.

But whatever, these "business men" who are at every leaf game helps makes the leafs one of the richest sport franchises.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:25 PM
mstew

what are you talking about! If you go to a good game the crowd is great! Its just during the boring games no ones loud.

Seriously, the ACC will be CRAZY playoff time - no doubt.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Hmm, half an arena of Leaf fans, and half of Sens fans. I can't figure out why it's louder........

Old
02-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Sundinftw

The ACC isn't very loud at all.. Keep in mind though that this was a rival game and if it was played in TO it probably would have been just as loud if not louder bc ppl woulda naturally been more pumped for it than for other games

Old
02-04-2012, 11:33 PM
4evaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Hmm, half an arena of Leaf fans, and half of Sens fans. I can't figure out why it's louder........
10k Leafs fans make more noise in Ottawa than the 20k do in TO (Sens fans didn't have much to cheer about tonight)? Yeah, I can figure it out. Seats are taken by fans, not stiffs.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
10k Leafs fans make more noise in Ottawa than the 20k do in TO (Sens fans didn't have much to cheer about tonight)? Yeah, I can figure it out. Seats are taken by fans, not stiffs.
Really that's what you came up with? It's clearly the competitiveness between the two large groups of fans that brings out the volume.

Fill the ACC with 50% sens fans like it was tonight and it would be the same thing.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:42 PM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Simple. The Sens fans are there to watch a hockey game. The Leaf fans are there to make as much noise as possible inorder to show that they are deserving of the admiration of the true Leaf fans in Toronto. I honestly think that half of the people in Leafs jersey are more attention seekers than actual Leaf fans.

I don't even go anymore because it ain't fun. I trade them in for another gold ticket game like the Penguins because I just want to watch and cheer for my team. Same with Montreal games...no fun.

Well deserved two points by the Leafs who were more desparate and had stellar goaltending.

By the way, kudos to the "Leaf fans" who burned a Sens jersey and prance around it like a tribe of losers...this is why people in Ottawa hate Leaf fans. You guys in T.O? Not at all because you should be passionate fans of your home team. This is what we have to put up with. I know that true fans would cringe at that type of behaviour.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
Cheaper tickets. More real fans.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Eamonn*

It seems like there are more 'Go Leafs Go' chants in other teams arenas than there are at the ACC.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Melrose Munch

Eh, it is what it is . Sad though.

Old
02-04-2012, 11:48 PM
93gilmour93

I was at the game tonight. I go see the leafs three times a year in ottawa and tonight was insane for the amount of leaf fans there tonight. If I gave it a number 70 percent leaf fans in a crowd of over twenty thousand people. Leaf nation absolutely took over scotiabank place tonight with chants of "This is our house"

Old
02-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Clark4Ever

The same can be said of the thousands of Leaf fans that amplify the atmosphere in Montreal and Buffalo as well. I have been to Ottawa, Montreal, and Buffalo to watch Leaf games and there is no comparison in the overall level of passion of the Leaf fans in those rinks compared to the hometown faithful at the ACC. It has always been the case, and it always will be.

That being said, the playoffs are a different animal altogether, and fans at the ACC will bring it when it matters most, as always.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
Simple. The Sens fans are there to watch a hockey game. The Leaf fans are there to make as much noise as possible inorder to show that they are deserving of the admiration of the true Leaf fans in Toronto. I honestly think that half of the people in Leafs jersey are more attention seekers than actual Leaf fans.

I don't even go anymore because it ain't fun. I trade them in for another gold ticket game like the Penguins because I just want to watch and cheer for my team. Same with Montreal games...no fun.

Well deserved two points by the Leafs who were more desparate and had stellar goaltending.

By the way, kudos to the "Leaf fans" who burned a Sens jersey and prance around it like a tribe of losers...this is why people in Ottawa hate Leaf fans. You guys in T.O? Not at all because you should be passionate fans of your home team. This is what we have to put up with. I know that true fans would cringe at that type of behaviour.
Cry a river. It's Leaf NATION not city. Being a fan isn't limited by the geographical location. And honestly, after how disrespectful some Senator fans were putting pictures of Dion and Phil in urinals, no one cares that your silly little jersey got burned or you got drowned out in your home arena. Must feel bad having Krusty getting booed at home huh?

Old
02-05-2012, 12:00 AM
showtime8

It makes me sick to see the crowd in the lower bowl on most nights.

There's no way that it will change because if you are going to ask MLSE if they would prefer a couple more decibals in the arena or a couple millions in the bank, its an easy response.

Only way that things change is if noone shows up for games in protest of tickets. Not gonna happen.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:04 AM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
It makes me sick to see the crowd in the lower bowl on most nights.

There's no way that it will change because if you are going to ask MLSE if they would prefer a couple more decibals in the arena or a couple millions in the bank, its an easy response.

Only way that things change is if noone shows up for games in protest of tickets. Not gonna happen.
Get a job and buy some tickets

Old
02-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Garbs
HFBoards Sponsor

There's really nothing wrong with sushi.

02-05-2012, 12:07 AM
thehockeysong
BJ elitist

Cheaper tickets have nothing to do with it. People say that it's not real fans in the seats, but the coke zero game isn't exactly amped either (part of that is the fact it's an exhibition). If you go to the platinum seats its the same noise level as the upper seats. I've been in both and the people around me in the upper bowl weren't screaming their hearts out. I have to reference the photos of people after the leafs score, usually jumping and screaming behind the glass. Weird though, arent they in the platinums??

Old
02-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Deebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbs View Post
There's really nothing wrong with sushi.
It's delicious.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Right? I love sushi

Old
02-05-2012, 12:11 AM
thehockeysong
BJ elitist

Quote:
Really that's what you came up with? It's clearly the competitiveness between the two large groups of fans that brings out the volume.

Fill the ACC with 50% sens fans like it was tonight and it would be the same thing.
I have to agree that being on the road is the reason the fans are screaming. At home, you sorta just wanna watch the game but on the road its an element of the fun. Look at university sports for instance. Anyone that has been to a game knows that its the times when rival fans show up that the game takes on its signature noisy nature.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:12 AM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Cry a river. It's Leaf NATION not city. Being a fan isn't limited by the geographical location. And honestly, after how disrespectful some Senator fans were putting pictures of Dion and Phil in urinals, no one cares that your silly little jersey got burned or you got drowned out in your home arena. Must feel bad having Krusty getting booed at home huh?
Krusty has great stats against the Leafs so...no. Great players are usually treated this way.

The funny thing is you don't see Bruin fans act like that, and they are Champions. Champions. Same with Penguins fans as there are thousands of fans there from these teams. Just a dignity to their fanbase and class that you would expect from champs. What is the Leafs fans excuse? Do you honestly believe it is passion, or living in the past glorious 1st round victories?

I don't think that true Leaf fans from Toronto would act that way. They are typically knowledgeable and fatalistic about their team because of the past decades. When the Leafs win the fans are sky high, when the Leafs lose they are incredibly despondent, almost bi-polar. I know a lot of Leaf fans in T.O which I respect but I have a hard time believing that the fans in Ottawa of the Leafs are more passionate than the fans in Toronto .

Old
02-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Everlong
JoeyBats

People really need to relax. I've been to Chicago, Detroit and Ottawa to see games that did not involve the leafs, and it's really not that different, in terms of volume, than a mid-week leaf game at the ACC.

However, when the game means something, like the game against Buffalo late last season, there's no arena louder.

Closed Thread