HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Atmosphere in Ottawa

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2012, 12:14 AM
TrueBlue86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
By the way, kudos to the "Leaf fans" who burned a Sens jersey and prance around it like a tribe of losers...this is why people in Ottawa hate Leaf fans. You guys in T.O? Not at all because you should be passionate fans of your home team. This is what we have to put up with. I know that true fans would cringe at that type of behaviour.
leafs are a special, historic team

people are not going to switch allegiances just because you have the new show in town

no need for a backhanded insult for leaf nation in ottawa

Old
02-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Ari91

Quote:
Simple. The Sens fans are there to watch a hockey game. The Leaf fans are there to make as much noise as possible inorder to show that they are deserving of the admiration of the true Leaf fans in Toronto. I honestly think that half of the people in Leafs jersey are more attention seekers than actual Leaf fans.

I don't even go anymore because it ain't fun. I trade them in for another gold ticket game like the Penguins because I just want to watch and cheer for my team. Same with Montreal games...no fun.

Well deserved two points by the Leafs who were more desparate and had stellar goaltending.

By the way, kudos to the "Leaf fans" who burned a Sens jersey and prance around it like a tribe of losers...this is why people in Ottawa hate Leaf fans. You guys in T.O? Not at all because you should be passionate fans of your home team. This is what we have to put up with. I know that true fans would cringe at that type of behaviour.
And kudos to the 'Sens fan' who wished death on the Leafs. Go back to your own forum and you guys can pretend all you like that your **** don't stink.

I've never been to a Saturday home game at the ACC but I find that the crowd is pretty loud, especially if it's an exciting game and even moreso when it's a team like Detroit in our building. Of the games I've gone to, I wouldn't say that the building is quiet. It might take a bit to get a chant started but honestly, when the team is playing well and especially as the clock winds down and they're close to closing out the game with a win, everyone seems loud to me. I've left every game I've been to with the sound of ringing in my ears. I would like to think that a playoff appearance would lighten up some of the conservative attitudes you see in the ACC.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:20 AM
4evaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Really that's what you came up with? It's clearly the competitiveness between the two large groups of fans that brings out the volume.

Fill the ACC with 50% sens fans like it was tonight and it would be the same thing.
One flaw with that reasoning. There was not much competition between the fans tonight. It was all Leafs, all night. A lot of the Sens fans were gone by half way through of the 3rd, yet the noise level just kept rising as the game went on.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:22 AM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Two wrongs don't make a right. I would rather a person say " I wouldn;t do that personally " instead of condoning silliness. I don;t condone that Sens fans behaviour and I don't think Leafs fans should condone poor behaviour either. That is how it should be.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:23 AM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
leafs are a special, historic team

people are not going to switch allegiances just because you have the new show in town

no need for a backhanded insult for leaf nation in ottawa
You are right. It is just too bad that fans of hockey and of their team condone this behaviour.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:23 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lollipop King View Post
Anyone else find it sad that we have a louder Leafs presence in Ottawa's arena then we do at home?

The atmosphere seems so fake at the ACC sometimes, you got the corporate sushi eaters who leave the platinum seats empty for 70% of the game, and then you have numerous cues from the management at ACC to make noise, not natural excitement.

Plus that stupid guy in the cowboy hat doing a dance every single game is just lame.

There is a lack of passion at the ACC, and I hope that the Leafs making the play offs will change that.
Sad for Toronto. Even more sad for Ottawa.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Ari91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
People really need to relax. I've been to Chicago, Detroit and Ottawa to see games that did not involve the leafs, and it's really not that different, in terms of volume, than a mid-week leaf game at the ACC.

However, when the game means something, like the game against Buffalo late last season, there's no arena louder.
I've never been to a game in another arena but I think people overrate the volume in other arenas because they compare the peak volume in other arenas with the in between noise in the ACC. I don't recall seeing many regular season games where the crowd is loud and reacts to everything going on on the ice for the entire duration of the game. It's typical to react to goals, hits, fights and missed calls by the refs. Everything in between that is relatively quiet.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Thrillingbroom

Quote:
Two wrongs don't make a right. I would rather a person say " I wouldn;t do that personally " instead of condoning silliness. I don;t condone that Sens fans behaviour and I don't think Leafs fans should condone poor behaviour either. That is how it should be.
The Sens board had a: 'Is Kessel developmentally delayed?' thread this week, so I don't see have any of you can take the high road here.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Eames

Quote:
Simple. The Sens fans are there to watch a hockey game. The Leaf fans are there to make as much noise as possible inorder to show that they are deserving of the admiration of the true Leaf fans in Toronto. I honestly think that half of the people in Leafs jersey are more attention seekers than actual Leaf fans.

I don't even go anymore because it ain't fun. I trade them in for another gold ticket game like the Penguins because I just want to watch and cheer for my team. Same with Montreal games...no fun.

Well deserved two points by the Leafs who were more desparate and had stellar goaltending.

Well i was at the game. and i witnessed the video montage the sens organization put together during the first commercial break. Pretty classless if you ask me. 3min solid of "losers since 67" and x's threw leaf jerseys, you don't see that ever happening at the ACC. Also this is the same organization that forced leaf fans to bring canned food to the arena if they wore a leaf jersey in their arena, back before the lockout.

Like i said, never see that from the toronto organization

Old
02-05-2012, 12:40 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
did you happen to miss the all star game?

Old
02-05-2012, 12:45 AM
coladin

So you would burn a jersey and prance around it? I guess you all don't get it. My point is two wrongs, i.e. idiots on both sides don't proive anyone's point other than there are losers cheering for both teams. You hide behind the stupidity and classlessness of others to justify your point or the actions of fans of your team.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:47 AM
LeafsTFC

Not to mention the times I've been to Sens games where the Leafs weren't playing and:

A) They will only show the Leafs game on the out of town scoreboard if they are losing (obviously everyone cheers)
B) The arena staff regularly starts up "Leafs Suck" chants even when we're not there and other related video things (like the Losers since 67 jersey type thing)

Now those things don't really bother me that much because it's part of the rivalry. But to hear Sens fans come tell us that we are the classless ones and that we focus on hating the Sens (we really only display that emotion when we're playing them) is pretty rich IMO

Old
02-05-2012, 12:48 AM
coladin

I was there. I didn't boo anyone. They are all-stars. Of course when you have the actions of fans tonight you can see why most others jumped on the chance to boo them mercilessly. YOu have to live here to understand it.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:49 AM
LeafsTFC

^ I don't agree with their actions but your whole point on "these must be Leafs fans who live in Ottawa and are not from Toronto": Well you have no way of knowing that unless you asked them yourself haha

Face it, many Leafs fans from the Toronto area drive up to Ottawa because it's cheaper to do so than see the Leafs in Toronto!

Edit: By the way is there a clip or something of this alleged jersey burning?

Old
02-05-2012, 12:56 AM
Darkhorse1280

Oh just suck it up and accept your loss already. If you guys had of won instead of us, we would be reading a litany of Senaturds troll posts proclaiming you to be the "ZOMG We're the best!","LOL Laffs Sux LOLOLOL", "We have the bestest prospectz derp!"

So stop being a Sally about the abuse and just take it on the chin why don't cha. And where did that elusive post of "Filatov is gonna have more points than Kessel" go?

Also thanks for motivating both Kessel and Lupul by showering them with boos last weekend. I'm sure they appreciated the extra motivation coming into tonight's game.

Old
02-05-2012, 01:00 AM
NUXNATION*
NUXNATION

This is quite a big problem for Ottawa...I mean seriously...the guys over at SBP try ENOOOUGGH to get the Sens fans to cheer and what not...but apparently, there just aren't many. I heard tonight Leafs fans were around 12,000 in number!

That's just embarrassing Ottawa...seriously.

Old
02-05-2012, 01:02 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

sens would've been relocated by now if it wasn't for leaf and habs fans supporting that ****** franchise

Old
02-05-2012, 01:03 AM
NUXNATION*
NUXNATION

Quote:
A) They will only show the Leafs game on the out of town scoreboard if they are losing (obviously everyone cheers)
B) The arena staff regularly starts up "Leafs Suck" chants even when we're not there and other related video things (like the Losers since 67 jersey type thing)
Yeah I remember this all began in the 2002 Playoffs, they even made a song and played it whenever the Leafs came onto the ice. LOL.

You all should have tuned into Team 1200...Sens fans were absolulty IRATE at the fact Leafs fans had invaded. One of them even said:

"Montreal fans have more class than Toronto fans...because they don't boo Alfie".

That quite possibly could be the dumbest comment of the century!

Old
02-05-2012, 01:03 AM
Quarter
Exploding Knees

Quote:
I was there. I didn't boo anyone. They are all-stars. Of course when you have the actions of fans tonight you can see why most others jumped on the chance to boo them mercilessly. YOu have to live here to understand it.
Easy, buddy. Go for a walk and take a breather.

Old
02-05-2012, 01:31 AM
NUXNATION*
NUXNATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lollipop King View Post
Anyone else find it sad that we have a louder Leafs presence in Ottawa's arena then we do at home?

The atmosphere seems so fake at the ACC sometimes, you got the corporate sushi eaters who leave the platinum seats empty for 70% of the game, and then you have numerous cues from the management at ACC to make noise, not natural excitement.

Plus that stupid guy in the cowboy hat doing a dance every single game is just lame.

There is a lack of passion at the ACC, and I hope that the Leafs making the play offs will change that.
I heard it may have something to do with the design and the acoustics of the ACC, though I might be wrong. The suits are usually quiet...it's been like this since the ACC opened......but when the playoffs come around...the ACC is the loudest in the league hands down...even the suits are up cheering.

Old
02-05-2012, 02:12 AM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

If Sens fans are so butt hurt by Leafs fans filling their building, maybe they should pony up, and make sure they out number us for once. Don't blame us for actually giving a ****.

Old
02-05-2012, 02:55 AM
Duke Silver
Truce?

vCash: 450
I lived in Ottawa for four months back in fall 2008 and, coming from a part of the country that rarely sees NHL games, made it a point to go to as many Ottawa games as possible (cheering for the opposition, of course!).

I saw the Sens play the Wings, Ducks, Capitals, Penguins, Bruins and Leafs in those four months. Tickets were very easy to buy for all of the games, save the Leafs (undoubtedly because of competition between Leafs fans for tickets). But I had to laugh when Capital Tickets (Scotiabank's ticketing company) had to package a free Big Mac meal with the Ducks tickets just to try and sell more seats. That's the sort of stuff I expect in Florida, not a Canadian hockey market.

The fans were far more timid than what I expected, as well. Perhaps that's the reason their goal horn is so obnoxiously shrill and loud.

So it doesn't surprise me that Leafs fans have relative ease drowning out and outnumbering Sens fans in their own barn. It also doesn't help that their arena is a 40-minute bus ride away, and don't even get me started on how dreadful it is to park there.

I've since seen another Leafs game at ScotiaBank place and it was by far the most fun I've had at a Leafs game. It really does feel like one big party in there, especially in the upper bowl.

Old
02-05-2012, 03:50 AM
Terrence
Registered Slacker

Quote:
Hi there. U MAD? I'm a Leaf fan who goes to school Ottawa and SBP makes constant jabs at the Leafs team. I go to multiple Sens game in a year, cause I like watching hockey. I imagine there are other Leaf fans who do the same.

And everything that was said about the arena staff and the stuff that gets put up on the SBP video board is entirely true, even when the Leafs aren't playing. So obviously, it feels good when the Leafs kick the Sens ass in their own building. Clearly were gonna be fired up and cheer loudly when the Leafs come to Ottawa because we take constant **** from Sens fans and SBP when the Leafs aren't playing.

Hypothetically, if you lived in Toronto, and went to multiple Leaf games a year even against non-Leaf teams, wouldn't you be fired up to see the Sens kick the Leafs ass in their own building?

Bottom line, there are Leaf fans in Ottawa who like watching going to games because the prices are fairly good. And obviously we show up in bunches when the Leafs come to town, and your season ticket holders sell them to us and make a little profit. If you don't like the Leaf fans, tell your season ticket holders to keep their tickets and not sell them to us.

Old
02-05-2012, 03:54 AM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Buff View Post
If Sens fans are so butt hurt by Leafs fans filling their building, maybe they should pony up, and make sure they out number us for once. Don't blame us for actually giving a ****.
Checkmate

Old
02-05-2012, 06:37 AM
The Messenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Cheaper tickets. More real fans.
Do you want to explain the economic theory behind that brilliant statement?

Closed Thread