HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Atmosphere in Ottawa

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2012, 06:42 AM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

vCash: 500
Cheap to me just means any ******* w/ 30 bucks in his pocket can get in. I'm sure the genius' who decided to put pictures of Dion and Kessel in the urinals didn't pay big bucks for their seats.

Old
02-05-2012, 07:05 AM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 208
What is sad is that an ownership with such an incredibly loyal and wide spread fan base and unlimited resources couldn't find their way into the playoffs for nearly 8 years.

I know I know....but maybe this is the year. I am happy and optimistic this year.

Old
02-05-2012, 07:43 AM
juuj*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crump View Post
What is sad is that an ownership with such an incredibly loyal and wide spread fan base and unlimited resources couldn't find their way into the playoffs for nearly 8 years.

I know I know....but maybe this is the year. I am happy and optimistic this year.
Way to go Scrooge Mcduck

Old
02-05-2012, 07:53 AM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

vCash: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
Simple. The Sens fans are there to watch a hockey game. The Leaf fans are there to make as much noise as possible inorder to show that they are deserving of the admiration of the true Leaf fans in Toronto. I honestly think that half of the people in Leafs jersey are more attention seekers than actual Leaf fans.

I don't even go anymore because it ain't fun. I trade them in for another gold ticket game like the Penguins because I just want to watch and cheer for my team. Same with Montreal games...no fun.

Well deserved two points by the Leafs who were more desparate and had stellar goaltending.

By the way, kudos to the "Leaf fans" who burned a Sens jersey and prance around it like a tribe of losers...this is why people in Ottawa hate Leaf fans. You guys in T.O? Not at all because you should be passionate fans of your home team. This is what we have to put up with. I know that true fans would cringe at that type of behaviour.
Are you really whining about that? After the urinal thing with Phaneuf and Kessel's pictures? Not to mention the general obsessiveness Sens fans seem to have with the Leafs. I've seen plenty that seem to hate the Leafs more than they support their own team.

Old
02-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Myke

It was hilarious being at the game; I went with my father and law who is a Sens fan and when we went to the washroom mid season there were probably 15 people in there and he was the only sens jersey, urinals were lined with Phaneufs and Kessels.

Not to mention the arena itself had a 3 for 1 ratio of Leaf fans to Sens fans. It looked like a home game!

Old
02-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Clark4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse1280 View Post
Oh just suck it up and accept your loss already. If you guys had of won instead of us, we would be reading a litany of Senaturds troll posts proclaiming you to be the "ZOMG We're the best!","LOL Laffs Sux LOLOLOL", "We have the bestest prospectz derp!"

So stop being a Sally about the abuse and just take it on the chin why don't cha. And where did that elusive post of "Filatov is gonna have more points than Kessel" go?

Also thanks for motivating both Kessel and Lupul by showering them with boos last weekend. I'm sure they appreciated the extra motivation coming into tonight's game.
This.

Nothing is more satisfying than watching the Leafs destroy the Sens yet again when the games matter most, except for listening to their whiny fans ***** and complain as usual.

Then again, it must be tough cheerleading for the most irrelevant team in the country, so cut them some slack.

Old
02-05-2012, 08:51 AM
donkeyy0

I'm confused as to how it's "disrespectful" for Leafs fans to be cheering in Scotiabank Place. This isn't a movie. Silence is not golden. You buy tickets to watch a hockey game and to take an active role in the game, however insignificant cheering may be. Otherwise we'd just watch the game at home. If you can't enjoy and take part in the atmosphere then why bother?

Ok, burning the jersey and pictures in the urinal is ridiculous, but there's nothing wrong with Leafs fans cheering for their home team while in Ottawa. If the Sens fans don't like being drowned out, get louder.

That's not a question of "class" or "passion"...it's just what you do when you're watching your team.

BTW...I boo Alfie every time I see him Suck it up buttercup. Next time don't put Tucks head first into the boards like a rat. I have no problem with a Sens fan booing Phaneuf or Kessel, I'll just cheer louder and/or boo louder than them.

Old
02-05-2012, 09:01 AM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

The atmosphere at the ACC is so generic corporate bull**** these days

Old
02-05-2012, 09:05 AM
ryno23

I live in Ottawa and for us we have 3 chances to see the Leafs play and afford to go to a game. So we are the real hockey fans who are the ones sitting up in the 300 level in Toronto but can afford a ticket in the 100 level in Ottawa so its louder

What suggestion I have for the ACC is those fans in the upper bowl cheer your ass off and start the go Leafs go chant all day long and force the business dudes to get involved and make them cheer.

I don't blame the suits in the lower bowl as some are probably just there with a client and do not want to look like a moron and jeopardize a deal.

Its up the fans in the higher sections to make the ACC loud and make it feel like a home game that means there are still 10 000 fans in the upper bowl who can cheer loud and proud.

The ACC is what it is nothing will change so I challenge the upper bowl fans to lead the charge to a noisier ACC

Old
02-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Earth Rocker

it's amazing how quiet the ACC is most of time, but I remember it being very loud during the playoffs...still a bit disappointing to watch games that we are winning and you could hear a pin drop.

Old
02-05-2012, 09:13 AM
GrizzLeaf

lol at pissed off Sen's fans.

As someone who frequently goes to Leaf games when they play the Sens, in Ottawa, maybe I can shed some perspective. I live about a 3.5 hour drive from Ottawa, and about a 5 hour drive from Toronto. While I would love to watch the Leafs in Toronto, and see them play someone other than the Sens, it makes more sense to see them in Ottawa.

It's a shorter drive, I can spend the night at a family member's house in Ottawa after the game. In T.O. it would have to be a hotel, since I don't know anyone there well enough to impose. Tickets for Toronto games are hard to come by, specially for good seats. So far, I've had little to no trouble getting tickets for games in Ottawa, and they're always good seats.

And the big bonus for going to Ottawa to cheer for Toronto? We Leaf fans often outnumber the home team crowd!!!

As for "real fans" in Toronto vs us Toronto fans who go to road games.... really!? Some of us travel far enough, and spend a decent amount on gas, food, lodging, as well as tickets for the wife and kids, as well as ourselves to cheer our team. That makes us as true as any other fans.

Old
02-05-2012, 09:13 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
It's simple.. It's way funner to go to Ottawa and be loud for the Leafs then to be in Toronto and be loud for the Leafs..

I have a lot of fun chirping Sens fans whenever we play in Toronto and we beat em.

Old
02-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Brymas McCaberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno23 View Post
I don't blame the suits in the lower bowl as some are probably just there with a client and do not want to look like a moron and jeopardize a deal.
I think another problem is that the majority of them miss the beginning half of each period. Just weird seeing all those empty seats in an arena that is supposedly sold out.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:12 AM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsandSharksfan View Post
The atmosphere at the ACC is so generic corporate bull**** these days
I've been to two Leaf games in my existence (not including preseason games)

one was in Toronto, where I was rather quiet and respectful

the other was in Vancouver, where I made as MUCH noise as possible. Leaf fans are more noticeable mainly because the arena is split between Leaf fans and Canucks (the game I went to was probably about 35/65 Leafs to Canucks fans - December 2010).

You rarely see visiting fans make an impact in Toronto. The Habs represent the best, the Wings do OK, and I noticed Canucks bring quite a few, however, their portion in the ACC at best times is 10-15%, not the 30 - 60% leaf fans can travel as on the road in some buildings.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:28 AM
The Lollipop King
4th Line = all heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbs View Post
There's really nothing wrong with sushi.
At a hockey game there is

Old
02-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

I don't know who said it in this topic (far too lazy to go find it) but it was so true. Sens fans saying they think it's disrespectful that Leafs fans cheer in Scotiabank Place and it makes them not want to go to those games and trade them in for 'marquee' games. Lol.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Darylman

I was pushed quite hard by the Sens fan sitting next to me last night for cheering so loud when Bozak scored.

My girlfriend was beside me so I just laughed right in the guys face. He started swearing and whatnot, I kept laughing as everyone around him was a Leaf fan. Few minutes later he got up with his lady and left, everyone chanted and waved goodbye.

Classy Sens fans! Most fun game I've been to.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:49 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

ACC crowds, for the most part, suck

Old
02-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylman View Post
I was pushed quite hard by the Sens fan sitting next to me last night for cheering so loud when Bozak scored.

My girlfriend was beside me so I just laughed right in the guys face. He started swearing and whatnot, I kept laughing as everyone around him was a Leaf fan. Few minutes later he got up with his lady and left, everyone chanted and waved goodbye.

Classy Sens fans! Most fun game I've been to.
Really? Good on you for not decking him and making sure your lady was alright.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:52 AM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

vCash: 588
Hilarious. When some Leaf fans were butt hurt over Lupul getting booed at the All star draft, it was "it's a sporting event, people boo"...now that the shoe is on the other foot, it's a different story.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelsmustache View Post
Hilarious. When some Leaf fans were butt hurt over Lupul getting booed at the All star draft, it was "it's a sporting event, people boo"...now that the shoe is on the other foot, it's a different story.
Funny thing is.. They were booing Lupul just for being a Leaf. He's been a Leaf for what? A year? Not even? He has no history. Then they cry about this. So brutal.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:57 AM
blueNwhite89

Quote:
By the way, kudos to the "Leaf fans" who burned a Sens jersey and prance around it like a tribe of losers...this is why people in Ottawa hate Leaf fans. You guys in T.O? Not at all because you should be passionate fans of your home team. This is what we have to put up with. I know that true fans would cringe at that type of behaviour.
hahah did we really do that?

you sens fans stay

Old
02-05-2012, 11:59 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelsmustache View Post
And it's only one week later.

Look how much passion they put into a worthless exhibition game in booing Kessel and Lupul.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:18 PM
gatineau john

Quote:
I don't think that true Leaf fans from Toronto would act that way. They are typically knowledgeable and fatalistic about their team because of the past decades. When the Leafs win the fans are sky high, when the Leafs lose they are incredibly despondent, almost bi-polar. I know a lot of Leaf fans in T.O which I respect but I have a hard time believing that the fans in Ottawa of the Leafs are more passionate than the fans in Toronto .
So to be considered an actual Leafs fan by your standards, I need to live in Toronto? ****ing baby, lol. Pull your skirt down and take your loss like a man.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:37 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Leaf fans cuckolded the hell out of Sens fans.

Closed Thread