HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Atmosphere in Ottawa

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

vCash: 500
I'm pretty sure they "hate us" and we "hate them" A mutual udnerstanding.

Always a pleasure seeing the fans go at it... nothing like a friendly rivalry.

Old
02-05-2012, 02:38 PM
eyeball11

I don't know if ACC has bad audio (in terms of how it comes across on tv) or what but I know several games where those in attendance have said it was great yet watching on tv you could hear a pin drop. Conversely, as the OP pointed out, I regularly notice more volume from Leaf fans around the league.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:36 PM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatineau john View Post
So to be considered an actual Leafs fan by your standards, I need to live in Toronto? ****ing baby, lol. Pull your skirt down and take your loss like a man.
Now that's funny, a person in Gatinueau who like the Leafs? I bet you were a Nordiques fan before that.

Leaf fans in Toronto are classier that the sorry lot in Ottawa who try so, so hard to show people in Toronto on national TV how much they love the leafs. I'll take my loss like a man if you take the last 45 years like a man...deal?

Old
02-05-2012, 11:41 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
Now that's funny, a person in Gatinueau who like the Leafs? I bet you were a Nordiques fan before that.

Leaf fans in Toronto are classier that the sorry lot in Ottawa who try so, so hard to show people in Toronto on national TV how much they love the leafs. I'll take my loss like a man if you take the last 45 years like a man...deal?
TBH.. he has 24 posts and just seems like a complete troll. Just ignore him.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:41 PM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
I don't know if ACC has bad audio (in terms of how it comes across on tv) or what but I know several games where those in attendance have said it was great yet watching on tv you could hear a pin drop. Conversely, as the OP pointed out, I regularly notice more volume from Leaf fans around the league.
Nothing wrong with the audio, most arenas are like that. The fans are usually immersed in the game, as I am when I watch my team. I am not looking at the scoreboard waiting for instructions to make noise. It is like that with every die hard hockey fan, except the yahoos dressed in blue and white there just to annoy and irritate. That is what I am getting at. Native Torontonians who are die hards don't care about all the silly fan crap. You can spot them a mile away at the Ottawa games. The others that crave attention are more posers that true diehards.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:

The sad part is that's still the halfway point of Ottawa's last Stanley Cup win.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:47 PM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse1280 View Post
The sad part is that's still the halfway point of Ottawa's last Stanley Cup win.
...and we'll see where ottawa is after we get back the 60 years we missed compared to Toronto who had a team from, oh 1934 to 1992. For real, is that the best you can do?

Old
02-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
...and we'll see where ottawa is after we get back the 60 years we missed compared to Toronto who had a team from, oh 1934 to 1992. For real, is that the best you can do?
No, your football team also drafted a dead guy.

Old
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
I understand you coming here and giving your opinion.. But just try to ignore this stuff. This is what makes your whole fan base look bad. Share your opinion and get out. You know you're going to get responses like this.. So why do it? Honestly.. Just makes you guys look worse and worse.. I was on your side at first, but now you just keep trolling..

Old
LeafsTFC

Quote:
Leaf fans in Toronto are classier that the sorry lot in Ottawa who try so, so hard to show people in Toronto on national TV how much they love the leafs.
Yeah I'm sure that's exactly what they're trying to do

The Leafs fans in Ottawa aren't the ones with the confidence issues/inferiority complex, it's the "Leafs Suck" division of Sens fans that fit that bill.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:50 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Quote:
13 cups.

Now go back to your board.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:50 PM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse1280 View Post
No, your football team also drafted a dead guy.
Okay, that's better!

Old
02-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Captain Clutch 13

Leaf fans hate Sens fans.
Sens fans hate Leafs fans.

It is a rivalry, this is how rivalry works. Argueing about it solves nothing.

Old
02-06-2012, 07:34 AM
eyeball11

Quote:
Nothing wrong with the audio, most arenas are like that. The fans are usually immersed in the game, as I am when I watch my team. I am not looking at the scoreboard waiting for instructions to make noise. It is like that with every die hard hockey fan, except the yahoos dressed in blue and white there just to annoy and irritate. That is what I am getting at. Native Torontonians who are die hards don't care about all the silly fan crap. You can spot them a mile away at the Ottawa games. The others that crave attention are more posers that true diehards.
I'm not sure it makes any sense that cheering for your team equates to being an "attention craving poser". Are you aware that many players come out and say how much they enjoy and appreciate the volume? In fact, I've heard many Leafs over the years talk about how much they enjoy that on the road. I'm also not sure why you'd need directions on a screen to understand when to cheer? Not really difficult concepts.

Old
02-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

I've been to a couple of Leafs games in Buffalo, and the atmosphere there was fun as well.

The fans of both teams seemed to be competing, and as a result it was a much more entertaining game than going to a leafs game in T.O.

Old
02-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Darylman

Well I just learned going to an Ottawa game and cheering really loud means I am, in fact, NOT a true fan.

/themoreyouknow

Old
02-06-2012, 08:55 AM
BarryMikokinner

Quote:
Okay, that's better!
straw men, straw men everywhere.

Old
02-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
I understand you coming here and giving your opinion.. But just try to ignore this stuff. This is what makes your whole fan base look bad. Share your opinion and get out. You know you're going to get responses like this.. So why do it? Honestly.. Just makes you guys look worse and worse.. I was on your side at first, but now you just keep trolling..
Or stay the **** out completely. Jerks like him are not welcome to troll OUR fans. Don't know why the mods have allowed it since Saturday night.

Old
02-06-2012, 09:10 AM
blue82
BELEAF (win or lose)

im not sure if it was mentioned but the reason 10K leaf fans in ottawa are louder is because 98% of them are true hockey fans..most of them drove from all over ontario... sudbury, north bay, toronto...etc, you better believe they will make some noise..at the ACC 35% are true leaf fans..just like the games in buffalo, we are loud there because we are all dedicated fans that drove 90 min to the game..saturday night was the most fun ive ever had at a game ..it was just priceless..the last 10 min of the game it was 90% leaf fans as all the ottawa fans left

Old
02-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Flip_4

First off, the Leafs deserved the win against Ottawa, no question. They played great and the Sens didn't seem to show up.

Now...on to the "fans" discussion that seems to have taken over here. I have season tickets to the Sens and have had them for years now. I haven't missed a game yet this year.

it's annoying that the Leafs and Habs fans invade our rink, but really, that's been happening since Ottawa got the franchise so there really isn't any surprise there...at least not for me.

I used to have more fun at the Leafs and Habs game than other ones because the atmosphere was INSANE!! Even the playoff series we lost. There was always so much good natured ribbing and insulting. You couldn't help but laugh and enjoy yourself.

It seems that things have changed in recent years and I really can't pinpoint what has. I have NO PROBLEM with the fans cheering for their team as loudly as they can, and make as much noise as they can (it's annoying, but more in the sense of WHERE ARE THE SENS FANS AT??!!) The Alfie booing is fine - it just bugs more because of the Leaf fan invasion...other than that, why not? (Personally I don't ever boo, but that's just my opinion and wouldn't project that on anyone else. I'd cheer as loud as I possibly can if I was at another arena...that's just the fun of it all.

What does annoy me more than anything is the obnoxious Leaf fans. They are certainly not all like that and I'd even say it's a minority. By obnoxious, I mean the whole "spilling" beer on people and the "over the top" swearing. I bring my young nieces to games and others bring their children as well, but some of the stuff that is said is WAY over the top and those fans don't care if anyone asks them to stop. Makes them even more obnoxious. In my experience, a lot of those fans even piss off fellow Leaf fans because of the over the top behavior. There just seems to be so much for of the obnoxiousness that before.

I really couldn't say what has caused this...maybe it's as simple as my being stone cold sober for those games now (allergic to alcohol, diagnosed the last time the Leafs played a playoff game in Ottawa...sad, but true). Maybe it's just that these fans are trying to "prove" something...I don't know.

I have to say that a lot of the fans I meet are really nice, no problem. It's just the others ones that tend to give a bad...feeling and then the rest get painted by the same brush.

Now, one more thing. Those Leaf pictures in the urinals...is there proof that it was actually Sens fans that did this? As far as I know, as loved as the Leafs are...they are very much hated by pretty much every fanbase out there. There were fans of each and every team at the all-star game. Sure there were more Sens fans, but they weren't the only ones.

One last thing. I do NOT condone some Sens fans behavior either. We have our fair share of idiots in our fanbase and it pisses me off as much, if not more than the ones in other fanbases. Over the top booing of Leafs players (ie, the all-star game) just pisses me off. Also, the chanting (by what seems like one group of fans that sit to my right in the arena) of "Leafs Suck" during games where the Leafs aren't playing, just drives me UP THE WALL. The Leafs aren't there - get over it.

Now, someone mentioned videos and stuff that is shown against the Leafs when there Leafs aren't playing? I'm confused by this. As I've said above, I go to EVERY Sens game and don't see that. Honestly, it would PISS me off if I did. They do show the Leafs score when they are losing, but what can you do. It gets a reaction out of the crowd I suppose...but I don't see any other thing on the video board...unless the Leafs are playing.

That video they showed was all in fun...it was made over the years and it's just ribbing the fans that are there. Come on - we need to do SOMETHING with the invasion

Anyway...I don't plan on ever painting all Leaf fans or even the majority of Leaf fans with the "idiot" brush. It's a minority only. I would only ask that the same be done with Sens fans. We're not all complete jerks.

Again, congrats on the win on Saturday. Can't wait til the next game and hopefully both teams will show up and give ALL the fans something to cheer about.

Old
02-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Rocket Richard
Proud Canadian!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
13 cups.

Now go back to your board.
Toronto has 13 cups

Senators have 11 cups, and have been out of the NHL for 58 years, do the math!

Old
02-06-2012, 09:34 AM
The Big Swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Richard View Post
Toronto has 13 cups

Senators have 11 cups, and have been out of the NHL for 58 years, do the math!
Leaf fans>Sens fans

/end thread

Old
02-06-2012, 09:43 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

senators don't have a single cup. that team moved to st louis.

Old
02-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Darcy Tucker

it really is messed up that I would rather go the extra effort to attend a Leaf game in Buffalo or Ottawa than the ACC. but thats what it looks like I will be doing.

Old
02-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

Alright, we're done.

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Closed Thread