Quote:
Originally Posted by OpRedDawn View Post
Processor, the silicon valley native

Foxlockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Wild33

vCash: 500
Good for Nate he's a good guy. Lots of good things going on for him. This should only give him more confidence out there too.

Wild33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 07:37 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Really? Prosser took a bomb on the PP last game and I thought it was Zidlicky. Honestly, first thought was "nobody on the Wild's blue line shoots like that, has to be Zids" but it was Prosser. Kid did good drawing a penalty from Ott. And he has the ability to skate and move the puck. He's a very good defensive prospect yet, and he hasn't been up all year either. Still improving.
I missed the first two periods (and subsequently all Wild PPs), so I must have missed his first hard shot all season.

Watch him in the defensive zone. Same guy as most Wild defensemen. Have the puck and are under pressure? Throw it off the boards and out of the zone, even if it means a loss of possession. Not a puck mover at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
You guys do realize you're arguing with someone who just, completely straight faced, made the claim that Prosser's 0.26 PPG is exactly equal to Zanon's 0.21 PPG (24% difference), Falk's 0.19 PPG (37% difference), and Lundin's 0.13 PPG (100% difference), while implying that Scandella is terrible right?
Something isn't right here. I think you're confusing my first post about defensive numbers with my second about offensive numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
I mean, I point out the ridiculous inaccuracies of his posts all the time, but this one's a little over the top don't you think? He digs in so far as to say "they've only played a difference of 52 minutes" as if that were some tiny amount (rather than just shy of 3 full games played) but conveniently ignores the fact that Zanon has faced the weakest competition of our entire D (by a lot, and Prosser's in the top half) while being paired with the best players on the team (Prosser's in the middle of the pack).
Not want to respond directly or something? Talk to me, not the crowd.

There was no inaccuracies with the numbers, only your misunderstanding.

The 52 minutes and the power play time shows how practically even Zanon and Prosser's raw offensive numbers are. You can take it farther (which I didn't look into - NOT the same as intentionally ignoring), but I have to remind you that the Wild is defying the advanced numbers this season.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:19 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
There was no inaccuracies with the numbers, only your misunderstanding.

The 52 minutes and the power play time shows how practically even Zanon and Prosser's raw offensive numbers are. You can take it farther (which I didn't look into - NOT the same as intentionally ignoring), but I have to remind you that the Wild is defying the advanced numbers this season.
Repeating the stat doesn't make it suddenly meaningful or accurate. It's still just as wrong as before for the reasons stated before.

Take your own advice for once. We all know how incredibly blindly ignorant you are about these things. Either address the criticism or drop the point. No one here is dumb enough to continue listening to your false "stats."

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote