HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Josh Gorges Comparables

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2012, 01:06 PM
  #151
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Ryan Callahan?

Oh look, your elitist attitude strikes again when a staggering second person in this thread agreed with you.
Haha, you just compared Gorges to a forward! Wow, I don't even know why I'm debating with you when you think Callahan is a defenceman. Says alot about your hockey iq.

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:15 PM
  #152
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Haha, you just compared Gorges to a forward! Wow, I don't even know why I'm debating with you when you think Callahan is a defenceman. Says alot about your hockey iq.
How old are you? I'm curious.

If you think I was calling Callahan a defenceman you have basic comprehension skills.

Callahan is a heart and soul guy(much like Gorges), he's not going to lead his team in points, he's not going to take over a game like Crosby, he's just going to be a great leader.

Official last, last post in this thread.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:20 PM
  #153
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
How old are you? I'm curious.

If you think I was calling Callahan a defenceman you have basic comprehension skills.

Callahan is a heart and soul guy(much like Gorges), he's not going to lead his team in points, he's not going to take over a game like Crosby, he's just going to be a great leader.

Official last, last post in this thread.
Callahan is a gritty great 2 way forward. I've watched many games where he singlehandedly changed the pace to the game by scoring a big goal or making a big play.

How old are you? I'm guessing 15-16. You got alot to learn about life, let alone hockey.

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:24 PM
  #154
EllertoKostitsynGoal
Registered User
 
EllertoKostitsynGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mtl
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Since when is blocked shots I criteria for captain? Lol!!

If blocked shots are so important to you guys, then go back to my original post when I compared him to the top 30 shot blockers in the league. Out of curiosity, was there a captain on that list anywhere?
I didn't mention blocked shots there, I mentionned quality of opposition.
Not the same thing at all.

And Gorges comparables aren't the top 30 shot blockers in the league, his comparables are the D playing the same kind of opposition (1rst lines, not 2nd or 3rd), have a +50% D zone start and are on the ice for more scoring chances for than scoring chances against.

Those are who you should be looking for when making a list of Gorges comparables.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:30 PM
  #155
ProMath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
I didn't mention blocked shots there, I mentionned quality of opposition.
Not the same thing at all.

And Gorges comparables aren't the top 30 shot blockers in the league, his comparables are the D playing the same kind of opposition (1rst lines, not 2nd or 3rd), have a +50% D zone start and are on the ice for more scoring chances for than scoring chances against.

Those are who you should be looking for when making a list of Gorges comparables.
Too much logic in this post.

I'm pretty sure he will just ignore it...

ProMath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:32 PM
  #156
EllertoKostitsynGoal
Registered User
 
EllertoKostitsynGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mtl
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMath View Post
Too much logic in this post.

I'm pretty sure he will just ignore it...
Seeing as he has ignored every single other posts I have made or completely misread them, you're probably right.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:34 PM
  #157
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
How old are you? I'm curious.

If you think I was calling Callahan a defenceman you have basic comprehension skills.

Callahan is a heart and soul guy(much like Gorges), he's not going to lead his team in points, he's not going to take over a game like Crosby, he's just going to be a great leader.

Official last, last post in this thread.
Callahan leads rangers in PP goals this season and has 4 game winning goals and lead the team in PP goals last season and had the most game winning goals for the team last season-- he leads but also produces wins and a good PP

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:41 PM
  #158
EllertoKostitsynGoal
Registered User
 
EllertoKostitsynGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mtl
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
Callahan leads rangers in PP goals this season and has 4 game winning goals and lead the team in PP goals last season and had the most game winning goals for the team last season-- he leads but also produces wins and a good PP
First the Ranger's powerplay suck, second happy to know (going by your logic) that you're a big fan of the guy who lead our team in game winning goals last year and is tied for it this year, I'm a fan too.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:48 PM
  #159
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
Seeing as he has ignored every single other posts I have made or completely misread them, you're probably right.
Nice one Less Habitats! Seems to me you had to change your name cause you lost all credibility on this board. And then you make another hf account to try and solidify your point.

What more do you want, I've tried to reply to all your idiotic comments! I'm still lol @ Callahan=Gorges, good one buddy.

Edit: I was looking at protest the hero's profile, those comments are for him. I just looked at ellerkostitsyngoal's profile, and it's a chick! What level of hockey did you play again? Lollll


Last edited by Habs Junkie: 02-06-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:50 PM
  #160
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Nice one Less Habitats! Seems to me you had to change your name cause you lost all credibility on this board. And then you make another hf account to try and solidify your point.

What more do you want, I've tried to reply to all your idiotic comments! I'm still lol @ Callahan=Gorges, good one buddy.
You sound like a guy that got all his arguments destroyed and now uses some childish attacks and name calling, you've been schooled, you are wrong, play again

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:54 PM
  #161
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
First the Ranger's powerplay suck, second happy to know (going by your logic) that you're a big fan of the guy who lead our team in game winning goals last year and is tied for it this year, I'm a fan too.
LOL- whats wrong with people!! takes all kinds i guess- thast what makes it funny and interesting

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:00 PM
  #162
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
You sound like a guy that got all his arguments destroyed and now uses some childish attacks and name calling, you've been schooled, you are wrong, play again
Schooled by whom? Gorges' mother? Lol, go read the thread, no one has given a valid argument.

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:27 PM
  #163
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Schooled by whom? Gorges' mother? Lol, go read the thread, no one has given a valid argument.
Even a half valid argument would be better than the nonarguments you are spewing

1st: you are reducing the contribution of gorges, comparing him to a shot blocking only defenseman

2nd: you bring up that he's overpaid, while current indications on the market (contracts like gleason who we're signed in the current state of the market for a ufa to be) indicates the opposite

3rd: you bring up komisarek, who is not only a worst defenseman than gorges, but is also grossly overpaid in the state of the market that he was paid in

But you still claim you are right

Well I am the queen of nigeria

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:30 PM
  #164
EmelinBOOM74
NHL Managerial Guru
 
EmelinBOOM74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
3.9 million is slightly overpaid for Gorges, however he was slated to become a UFA and he would have recieved 3.9/year or more from another team. He competes hard and does his job night in and night out. So I have no qualms with him getting 3.9/year.

EmelinBOOM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:38 PM
  #165
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Even a half valid argument would be better than the nonarguments you are spewing

1st: you are reducing the contribution of gorges, comparing him to a shot blocking only defenseman

2nd: you bring up that he's overpaid, while current indications on the market (contracts like gleason who we're signed in the current state of the market for a ufa to be) indicates the opposite

3rd: you bring up komisarek, who is not only a worst defenseman than gorges, but is also grossly overpaid in the state of the market that he was paid in

But you still claim you are right

Well I am the queen of nigeria
As I said before Gleason got 8 million less in the total contract in freakin Carolina I must add. You want to compare him fine I just did. Carolina is a cap floor team too, so yes it's not unreasonable that they overpay role players.

What other stat of Gorges do you want to talk about? His word per minute ratio in front of a camera? Or his buddy buddy ness with Price?

And as for Komisarek, I never used him as a comparable in my initial post. There's many players on there that we can compare him to, but you want to stick with Komisarek just to try and discredit what I'm saying only because you know the majority of people here hate him with a passion.

Stick to making sandwiches, hockey is not for you.

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:41 PM
  #166
EllertoKostitsynGoal
Registered User
 
EllertoKostitsynGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mtl
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Schooled by whom? Gorges' mother? Lol, go read the thread, no one has given a valid argument.
You've received tons of argument but you haven't listened to any of them.
But I'll stop now, thank you.
Also WTF is so funny about about a girl who knows a **** or two about hockey.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:46 PM
  #167
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
As I said before Gleason got 8 million less in the total contract in freakin Carolina I must add. You want to compare him fine I just did. Carolina is a cap floor team too, so yes it's not unreasonable that they overpay role players.

What other stat of Gorges do you want to talk about? His word per minute ratio in front of a camera? Or his buddy buddy ness with Price?

And as for Komisarek, I never used him as a comparable in my initial post. There's many players on there that we can compare him to, but you want to stick with Komisarek just to try and discredit what I'm saying only because you know the majority of people here hate him with a passion.

Stick to making sandwiches, hockey is not for you.
so, lets recap, you say that you are a supremely talented ex hockey player that played the game bla bla bla and attack people because they obviously never played hockey in their lives and bla bla bla hater words, but when we say to you that gorges bring more than stats, you persist on sticking to the stats

explain the logic

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:48 PM
  #168
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pointe-Claire, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,112
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Fair value. The market has gone up since a lot of those guys have signed. Additionally, he is a great team player and that cant be judged by stats.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:48 PM
  #169
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 5,703
vCash: 500
lol at blocking shots ( one of the most overrated stats ever )

can't create offense, weak first pass , don't hit , can't clear the net, can't fight , can't play PP , will never reach 25 points , average vision, awful shot ....ect.


and nothing is more annoying than having a marginally talented player as a captain

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 03:03 PM
  #170
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
lol at blocking shots ( one of the most overrated stats ever )

can't create offense, weak first pass , don't hit , can't clear the net, can't fight , can't play PP , will never reach 25 points , average vision, awful shot ....ect.


and nothing is more annoying than having a marginally talented player as a captain

great to separate the forward from the puck, great at clearing rebound, great at battling behind the net and coming out with the puck, flearless shot blocker, durable defenseman, great skater, great at keeping the puck away from the defensive zone

the caracteristics you depicted are those of other defenseman, but they are far from being the only ones, this guy is paid to be a low maintenance shutdown defenseman. He does not need a single of the skillsets you mention because hes got his own. Not all defenseman got the same skillset. And if it wasn't of the collective hysteria this board is affected by, this kind of thread would never had existed, we lose, idiots look for a scapegoat, any one, and when the idiots have a certain pre-conception of a Dman well, it gives threads like thoses

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 03:04 PM
  #171
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best
 
Aspirine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Nice one Less Habitats! Seems to me you had to change your name cause you lost all credibility on this board. And then you make another hf account to try and solidify your point.

What more do you want, I've tried to reply to all your idiotic comments! I'm still lol @ Callahan=Gorges, good one buddy.

Edit: I was looking at protest the hero's profile, those comments are for him. I just looked at ellerkostitsyngoal's profile, and it's a chick! What level of hockey did you play again? Lollll
Not like you had any before, but you just lost any credibility you had left right there. I guess your high level hockey playing years stunted your learning of proper manners.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 03:10 PM
  #172
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
great to separate the forward from the puck, great at clearing rebound, great at battling behind the net and coming out with the puck, flearless shot blocker, durable defenseman, great skater, great at keeping the puck away from the defensive zone

the caracteristics you depicted are those of other defenseman, but they are far from being the only ones, this guy is paid to be a low maintenance shutdown defenseman. He does not need a single of the skillsets you mention because hes got his own. Not all defenseman got the same skillset. And if it wasn't of the collective hysteria this board is affected by, this kind of thread would never had existed, we lose, idiots look for a scapegoat, any one, and when the idiots have a certain pre-conception of a Dman well, it gives threads like thoses
while Gorges has some pluses to his game- he also is very very average- lets not try to paint him as a chelios - more like a smaller engblom thats about it- nothing wrong with that engblom was a good 4th 5th dman--

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 03:17 PM
  #173
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
while Gorges has some pluses to his game- he also is very very average- lets not try to paint him as a chelios - more like a smaller engblom thats about it- nothing wrong with that engblom was a good 4th 5th dman--
never tried to paint him as a chelios, but saying he is a risk free defensemen that you can insert on 5 on 5 without being scared, coupled with a defensive stalwart that can man a pk, its not outerworldy to say that he is a no 3-4 defensive defenseman and that he is paid as such

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 03:18 PM
  #174
ProMath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
As I said before Gleason got 8 million less in the total contract in freakin Carolina I must add. You want to compare him fine I just did. Carolina is a cap floor team too, so yes it's not unreasonable that they overpay role players.
Cap hit is one Thing.

Term is another.

Of course Gorges got 8 millions more ... he signed for 2 more years.

Gorges is certainly not worse then Gleason and he is two years younger. Include the last 2 years of Gleason salary ... and you will notice is average salary for the same exact lenght of the contract that Gorges just signed = 3,75 millions

And lol trying to justify Gleason salary because he is on Cap floor team. Let's assume for 1 second that its why he got 4 millions. What would be is market value ? 3,5 millions (his actual salary) ? Gorges is better then him... 400k/years for an upgrade, I can leave with that.

You completly ignored every single post that explained to you that Gorges isnt madly overpaid like you suggest.


Now if you want to discuss the term of the contract ... whats the problem with 6 years ?
You have a crystall ball ?
There is no reason to think that Gorges play will decrease during the next 6 years.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
And as for Komisarek, I never used him as a comparable in my initial post. There's many players on there that we can compare him to, but you want to stick with Komisarek just to try and discredit what I'm saying only because you know the majority of people here hate him with a passion.
Of course you did'nt. Just Like you didnt Gleason. It would make too much sense to actually include real comparable.

How many player in your ''accurate list'' signed a deal just before hitting UFA ? Gleason did, Komisarek did.

You do understand the difference between RFA and UFA contract ? Sorry I have to ask ... it could explain a lots.

ProMath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 03:20 PM
  #175
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
Not like you had any before, but you just lost any credibility you had left right there. I guess your high level hockey playing years stunted your learning of proper manners.
Says the guy with #firecunneyworth in his avatar

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.