HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Which enforcers have the highest trade value?

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2004, 09:25 PM
YellHockey*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
How many enforcers ahd nearly 9 minutes of icetime per game and 1/2 minute on the PP?

Oliwa for the Flames was played quite a bit for an enforcer and he still ONLY played 4.92 per game with 0.06 minutes on the PP. Neil had more points basically because he played nearly 2X more time than a regular enforcer and had some special teams icetime as well. If I doubled Oliwas icetime he would have 6 goals and in 17 fewer games. SO I am unsure what your point is?
Neil didn't have a 1/2 minute on the PP. He had 0.15 minutes on the PP.

If Oliwa is comparable to Neil why didn't he get as much ice time as Neil? Neil had to take time away from Alfredsson, Hossa and Havlat. Who did Oliwa have to take time away from? The only player comprable on the Flames is Iginla.

On a weaker team, Neil would probably have gotten a lot more ice time. He may not be the biggest toughest guy in the league but he has far more upside then most of the enforcers in the league. He's closer to a Chris Simon in ability then a Wade Belak. He justs needs an opportunity like Simon got.

Old
10-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
You and I don't agree on this player. But, as always, I find your arguments to be reasonable and informed.
I think I usually agree with you on these things. But it's definitely not the first time we've disagreed on Laraque, and I have a feeling it won't be the last!

Old
10-28-2004, 10:01 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
how about views on a couple of enforcers who were severly injured(missed a lot of time) last year:

scott parker
peter worrell

Old
10-31-2004, 08:48 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismellofhockey
Dingman
All are reliable skaters and hold their own against anybody.
Uhhh? :lol Are you serious?

Old
10-31-2004, 09:12 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRedGold
Neil didn't have a 1/2 minute on the PP. He had 0.15 minutes on the PP.
What areyou taking about? According to NHLPA, Neil averaged 0.26 minutes per game on the PP last regular season. What is 0.26 minutes closer to, 0.15 or 1/2 minute. Should I break out the calculator for you?

Old
10-31-2004, 09:37 PM
YellHockey*

Quote:
What areyou taking about? According to NHLPA, Neil averaged 0.26 minutes per game on the PP last regular season. What is 0.26 minutes closer to, 0.15 or 1/2 minute. Should I break out the calculator for you?
Wrong symbol in that statement. According to NHL.com here are Neil's ice time stats last year:

18 CHRIS NEIL OTT R 82 725:33 8:50 0:49 0:00 21:11 0:15 703:33 8:34 13.3

The 0:15 is his average PP time per game. That's a quarter of a minute, not a half minute like you stated.

And 0.26 is closer to 0.15 (0.11 difference) then one half or 0.5 (0.24 difference). Maybe you should break out the calculator, although I may have confused you using a "." instead of a ":".

Old
10-31-2004, 09:52 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Wrong symbol in that statement. According to NHL.com here are Neil's ice time stats last year:

18 CHRIS NEIL OTT R 82 725:33 8:50 0:49 0:00 21:11 0:15 703:33 8:34 13.3

The 0:15 is his average PP time per game. That's a quarter of a minute, not a half minute like you stated.

And 0.26 is closer to 0.15 (0.11 difference) then one half or 0.5 (0.24 difference). Maybe you should break out the calculator, although I may have confused you using a "." instead of a ":".
THAT MAKEs much more sense. The : and your use of a . instead of it is something completely different. Hopefully next time you use the correct sumbol before trying to make a point.

Old
11-01-2004, 06:42 AM
YellHockey*

Quote:
THAT MAKEs much more sense. The : and your use of a . instead of it is something completely different. Hopefully next time you use the correct sumbol before trying to make a point.
Be that as it may, you were still wrong either way.

Old
11-01-2004, 07:55 AM
wedge

I really like Andrew Peters. He's young and can still improves his skills. But, most importantly, he's huge and get a fight in almost each game he plays.

I don't care about a goon who can scores. Ok We got Langdon who scored a HUGE goal for us in his two years, but that was the only one. The great thing is that he was almost a hero because of his goal. I don't really care about a goon who will score 8-10 goals a year because that's not his job. These guys start thinking they can play hockey and don'T fight anymore (Laraque). That's why I love Peters so much. He will fight anyone, score 1 or 2 goals a year, protect he stars of the team.

I love this guy.

Old
11-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Blackshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryderama
I really like Andrew Peters. He's young and can still improves his skills. But, most importantly, he's huge and get a fight in almost each game he plays.

I don't care about a goon who can scores. Ok We got Langdon who scored a HUGE goal for us in his two years, but that was the only one. The great thing is that he was almost a hero because of his goal. I don't really care about a goon who will score 8-10 goals a year because that's not his job. These guys start thinking they can play hockey and don'T fight anymore (Laraque). That's why I love Peters so much. He will fight anyone, score 1 or 2 goals a year, protect he stars of the team.

I love this guy.
Yeah, same opinion here. I really like Andrew Peters.

Old
11-04-2004, 07:32 AM
felixd

No love for Darcy Hordichuk? I was on his website yesterday, www.darcyhordichuk.com and checking out some of the clips he has on there, this can guy fight, he basically KOed Worrell. Wow. What's cool about Hordichuk too is that he isn't super huge around 6'1 215 I think, I might be a little off, yet he fights super big guys, Worrell, Shelley, etc.

Old
11-05-2004, 12:20 AM
No Quarter

I would guess Eric Cairns.

Old
11-05-2004, 05:34 AM
kolanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieDoobieDo
As much as everyone hates him, Matt Johnson might have some potential. He still has a few years in him, he throws down a lot, is intimidating but he is a very loose cannon...*sighs*
That would be my pick also, in terms of sheer workload, him and Oliwa take the cake.

Old
11-05-2004, 07:49 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Only a Leaf fan could have an opinion this far from reality.

How many enforcers in the league had 8 goals last year?
Are you disagreing with me that whining to the press during a semi final playoff series against the New Jersey Devils showed his lack of character. Now I understand if they didn't dress him and lost but they won game 5 and he whined LOUDER about not dressing for game 6.

Are you disagreeing with me that while skating with a junior team it might not have been particularly smart to slash a kids arm hard enough to cause a break? I thought Neil was an enforcer, not a cheap shot artist?

An enforcer's job is not to score goals but to lay the fear of god in other players. I'm happy that Chris found a way to score 8 goals. Tie scored 7 last year and 10+ the year before and I find him completely useless as well.

To make an argument that Chris Neil should be mentioned in the same breath as Chris Simon is just silliness.

But if we consider whining as part of an enforcers code, well Neil has my vote then

Old
11-05-2004, 07:56 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
No love for Darcy Hordichuk? I was on his website yesterday, www.darcyhordichuk.com and checking out some of the clips he has on there, this can guy fight, he basically KOed Worrell. Wow. What's cool about Hordichuk too is that he isn't super huge around 6'1 215 I think, I might be a little off, yet he fights super big guys, Worrell, Shelley, etc.
Jesus thats a nice website by him. He really does take all comers. I liked the one in whice he beat Chara the best though

Old
11-05-2004, 08:36 AM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSatan666
Jesus thats a nice website by him. He really does take all comers. I liked the one in whice he beat Chara the best though
It's a decent website. I haven't seen Simon fight too much so I decided to click on the 2 fights of Simon vs Hord and OMG does Simon throw hard punches. He easily works Hord both fights.

Old
11-15-2004, 06:15 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Simon , the guy can play second or third line minutes.He is a ver good player can fight, protect and even put up 20 goals a season.What else could you ask for.

Old
11-15-2004, 06:24 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
Well an enforcer is someone who will go around and protect the team. There someone who other people know they will have to deal with if they start getting chippy with the goalie or something. An enforcer is someone who isnt afraid to fight ANYONE.

Thats Matthew Baranaby.
respect due to Barnaby, the guy balls are huge and has NO FEAR, HE SHOULD STILL BE A NYR

Old
11-15-2004, 06:31 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Uhhh? :lol Are you serious?
I find nothing funny Dingmazn can handle his own, the guy is like 6'2" 240-25. and is an OK skater, so I dont know whats so funny KID

Old
11-15-2004, 10:29 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSatan666
Chris Neil is valueless. He can't play hockey, he can't fight worth a damn, he isn't a team player (his whining when they dressed Spezza in the conference finals over him). Actually I don't think Chris Neil can do anything other than take cheap shot at junior players and break their arms.
Funny you should say that when Domi has done things 10x worse than Neil ever has. The difference between them? Neil can actually play and has been steadily improving. Domi basically accepted the fact he sucked several years ago and is only getting worse.

Old
11-16-2004, 01:43 AM
yintin

-Niedermayer Elbow(which effectively woke up NJ who went on to win the series )
-Telling fans to "stay home"
-Using Kaberle as his protector from Luke Richardson :lol
-Taking on the all-time heavy: Arvedson
-Taking on the second all time heavy: Van Allen(with jaw brace on)
....just a few ways Domi has shown his "heart".
(Oh, and humping Reichel after his goal is another way he expresses it )

Old
11-16-2004, 01:46 AM
Bileur

I'd say Chris Simon is up there, he's still not a power-forward though.

Old
11-16-2004, 01:49 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
i agree, i used to like domi, but he really has turned into a *****.. can't wait till he's gone

Old
11-16-2004, 01:57 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by yintin
-Niedermayer Elbow(which effectively woke up NJ who went on to win the series )
-Telling fans to "stay home"
-Using Kaberle as his protector from Luke Richardson :lol
-Taking on the all-time heavy: Arvedson
-Taking on the second all time heavy: Van Allen(with jaw brace on)
....just a few ways Domi has shown his "heart".
(Oh, and humping Reichel after his goal is another way he expresses it )

Going after Van Allen was horrible IMO worse than going after Arvedson, according to V-A he tried to jam his fingers into his mouth. WTF is that?

Old
11-16-2004, 02:06 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur
Going after Van Allen was horrible IMO worse than going after Arvedson, according to V-A he tried to jam his fingers into his mouth. WTF is that?

look like an ape, act like an ape?

maybe domi was trying to communicate with van allen

Closed Thread