Notices

HF's Gladiators preview

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2004, 01:37 AM
Holly Gunning

vCash: 500
HF's Gladiators preview

Naturally it focuses on Thrasher prospects, because that's what we do here.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7289

Old
10-22-2004, 02:18 AM
cws
...in the drink

Got a question, Holly. With your resources, it's easier to ask you than to look up the info myself.

It's about contract status within the three teams (Thrashers, Wolves, Gladiators). I know the status of those signed with the Thrashers, but I was wondering about those signed by the Wolves and even the Gladiators. Given the stoppage I'm reaching for any info I can get, which is actually a good thing. I've wanted to know but the NHL games always get me too distracted.

So any info about the Wolves and/or Gladiators contracts would be highly appreciated. I assume with your knowledge you can, at the very least, obtain some info. I don't assume much (given the obvious joke embedded in the word), but I think it's a safe bet here.

Old
10-22-2004, 06:31 AM
ATLThrashers15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Pyle
..."there’s a time you’re a playmaker, there’s times you’re a shooter, there’s times when you’re a fighter, that’s the game.”
To everything turn turn turn...

Good article Holly! Nice to see Manson has improved by leaps and bounds!

Old
10-22-2004, 08:24 AM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw7
So any info about the Wolves and/or Gladiators contracts would be highly appreciated.
I'm not sure what you're asking -- player contracts or contracts between the organizations? Even then, what specifically are you wondering about?

Old
10-22-2004, 03:19 PM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
I'm not sure what you're asking -- player contracts or contracts between the organizations? Even then, what specifically are you wondering about?
I'm simply wondering what players have signed a contract specifically with the Wolves, and what players have signed a contract specifically with the Gladiators. I know all the players who are under contract with the Thrashers. And other than that, I don't want to know any specifics about the contracts. A fairly simply curiosity, that's all. Which I know I made as clear as mud before, apologies.

Old
10-22-2004, 03:28 PM
Holly Gunning

Stathopoulos was signed by the Wolves, all others are signed by the Gladiators.

This is something that I think the ECHL should do a better job tracking and reporting, frankly. In their transactions, they sometimes list a guy on an NHL contract as being reassigned there by the NHL team, other times by the AHL team, and in both cases was just on the roster of the AHL affiliate. It's inconsistent and therefore meaningless. Not to mention that teams' own media notes often never mention who the contract is with, or worse, have it wrong.

Old
10-23-2004, 01:54 AM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
Stathopoulos was signed by the Wolves, all others are signed by the Gladiators.

This is something that I think the ECHL should do a better job tracking and reporting, frankly. In their transactions, they sometimes list a guy on an NHL contract as being reassigned there by the NHL team, other times by the AHL team, and in both cases was just on the roster of the AHL affiliate. It's inconsistent and therefore meaningless. Not to mention that teams' own media notes often never mention who the contract is with, or worse, have it wrong.
Thanks, that's what I was wondering.

I got zero clarity when I made an attempt to look for it, that's why I asked someone who I knew had better info. And now I understand why I came up with next to nothing earlier. I would have thought that someone along the line would keep accurate track, but I'm not completely surprised by that.

Old
10-23-2004, 05:38 AM
deathbear

i could have sworn i replied to this thread...

anyway, my friend kevin harris is on the team and made a good impression in his first game! hopefully things work out for him.

Old
10-28-2004, 12:04 PM
Holly Gunning

Just wanted to remind everyone that tomorrow night (Friday) is the Gladiators home opener. It starts at 7:35 and tickets are still available.

They also play Sunday at 4:05 for those who don't want to drive up 85 on a Friday night (I don't blame you).

Closed Thread