HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

League reviewing Sestito-Prust fight (Hair-pulling)

Old
02-06-2012, 01:55 AM
Jtown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McIlrathsWrath View Post
You can't be serious... If it's that simple why is it so rare? I'm not blaming the entire flyers club but I can't stand when fans are so blind just because of the jersey they are wearing. I have never once pulled anyones hair in a fist fight. And I have never gotten my hair pulled. I can't see how anyone can defend this neanderthal.
look in a fight there are no rules. You fight to win

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:59 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Or you guys are just better right now? Its still pretty remarkable they're at the level they are now considering everything. Wouldn't get too comfy being at the top of the Atlantic Division cause that could change FAST with most of those teams having nowhere to go but up.
It's true, both Pennsylvania teams have suffered a fair amount of injuries, and while NY hasn't been injury free, they've had a few less pieces go missing.

I've always seen Philly as an agitating, physical team. Guys like Pronger and Hartnell who aren't only skilled, but get under a teams skin (or in Pronger's case, the skin of anyone he talks to, press included). A big part of this is physical play, as was advertised in the Winter Classic. Against smaller teams, or teams more suited toward skill and speed, this is a very effective style.

Against physical, grinding teams (NYR, Boston, St. Louis), your guys seem to struggle, I think partly because against teams that a style that can both slow down the game of your top line and go toe to toe with the bottom 2, there's alot of trouble scoring, and Bryz hasn't been strong enough to keep the lid on what COULD be physical, low scoring games. When there's also enough physical play going both ways, the agitating "bully factor" your guys are known for gets dialed down.

Plus your defense looks a bit depleted, but you were probably expecting to have Pronger in for most/all of the season.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:00 AM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Go find a book called the code. See what players who have made a career out of fighting in the NHL think about that nonsensical statement... But you will probably just say that the guys who have actually been there and done it are wrong and YOU know better, right?

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:06 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Go find a book called the code. See what players who have made a career out of fighting in the NHL think about that nonsensical statement... But you will probably just say that the guys who have actually been there and done it are wrong and YOU know better, right?
Im talking about fighting in general. hockey fights in sure there are different circumstances since you are all doing this for a livelihood and there is a code of conduct associated with it. But fighting in general has no codes of conduct.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:06 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
That isn't a fight for someone's life, or to escape a mugger. It's a hockey fight, which is pretty much considered part of the game. There is most certainly a code of conduct when in a fight like this, otherwise you'd have players stomping the **** out of each others feet, trying to chop toes off.

You want to lift someone's head so you can get off a Sunday punch? There's half a dozen ways to do it that don't involve hair pulling. You throw a few uppercuts, you go forearm to throat or chin, which is uncomfortable enough that they WILL pull up. Hell, if you know what you're doing, you can pull down on their head, and when they fight to lift it up, you let them and you've got 'em dead to rights. All of these are acceptable in a sports fight.

For a comparison, if you want to wind somebody, you go to the gut, you don't knee them in the groin, which I'm sure you can agree with.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:07 AM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Your right... No rules...

75.2 Minor Penalty - A minor penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct shall be assessed under this rule for the following infractions:
(i)* Any identifiable player who uses obscene, profane or abusive language or gestures directed at any person.
(ii) *Any player who is guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct including, but not limited to hair-pulling, biting, grabbing hold of a face mask, etc. If warranted, and specifically when injury results, the referee may apply Rule 21 Match Penalties.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:10 AM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Im talking about fighting in general. hockey fights in sure there are different circumstances since you are all doing this for a livelihood and there is a code of conduct associated with it. But fighting in general has no codes of conduct.
This discussion is about an NHL fight between a player named sestito and a player named prust. The guy named sestito pulled the guy named prusts hair. During an NHL game. Welcome to the discussion. I'm sure there are street fighting forums somewhere on the Internet if that is what you were looking for

Old
02-06-2012, 02:18 AM
Jtown

Quote:
This discussion is about an NHL fight between a player named sestito and a player named prust. The guy named sestito pulled the guy named prusts hair. During an NHL game. Welcome to the discussion. I'm sure there are street fighting forums somewhere on the Internet if that is what you were looking for
lol well i asked if hair pulling was against the rules. No one answered me. So it was against the rule he should be fined. End of discussion.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:19 AM
McIlrathsWrath

Deleted

Old
02-06-2012, 02:24 AM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
lol well i asked if hair pulling was against the rules. No one answered me. So it was against the rule he should be fined. End of discussion.
That's all I'm saying. I hate Rinaldo but He isn't dirty he just agitated well. If any ranger commits a dirty play I am the first to admit it's dirty.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:26 AM
Jtown

Quote:
That's all I'm saying. I hate Rinaldo but He isn't dirty he just agitated well. If any ranger commits a dirty play I am the first to admit it's dirty.
I wouldnt say sesito's play was dirty. It was against the rules. Dirty is like Cooke's hit on savard. Clear intent to injure a player. Sestito was just in the heat of battle looking for something to grab ahold of.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:40 AM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
I wouldnt say sesito's play was dirty. It was against the rules. Dirty is like Cooke's hit on savard. Clear intent to injure a player. Sestito was just in the heat of battle looking for something to grab ahold of.
I guess we will disagree on the terminology. Sestito reminds me of dale purinton.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:48 AM
Jtown

Sestito had 40 goals in junior, something purninton could only dream of. Sestito is not a great fighter honestly. He is just massive, but he had some skill and i really hope the flyers develop him to be a net presence.

Old
02-06-2012, 06:24 AM
Diamonddog01

Quote:
You can't be serious... If it's that simple why is it so rare? I'm not blaming the entire flyers club but I can't stand when fans are so blind just because of the jersey they are wearing. I have never once pulled anyones hair in a fist fight. And I have never gotten my hair pulled. I can't see how anyone can defend this neanderthal.
1) It's not that rare.

2) The reason is isn't an everyday occurrence (and no, the statements don't contradict each other) is because it's accidental.

I'm talking hockey fights, not some random bar brawl. If you're on skates grappling with an opponent you might accidentally grab a fistful of hair. Your helmet is pushed down into your eyes, fists are in your face and you can't often see as well as you'd like. You try to grab something for purchase and you grab a guy's hair. If you watch just about every clip where this happens the guy releases after a second or two once they realize what they've done.

Do you guys really believe that a player decides to grab an opponent's hair? That it's intentional?

Again, too many people commenting about this with absolutely no real world experience.

Diamonddog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 06:57 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
It's just the weekly "Let's all cry about the Flyers" thread. Nothing new here.

Mod's leave it open for a day or so and then it gets closed because its, yet again, pure Flyers bashing. You know, "classless, goons," etc etc.
That weekly flyers bashing was usually directed at the bruins for awhile. Although I'm not a big fan of Sessito I don't think grabbing someones hear is a punishable offense. I mean he already pretty much lost his dignity for grabbing someone hair. Maybe a fine but no suspension.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 07:52 AM
RyK15*

If you've never been in a hockey fight, your opinion really should be ignored. Things happen in the moment, this is hockey. It's insane how bitter some Rags fans are.

RyK15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 07:53 AM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Flyers hatefest in this thread.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 08:01 AM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
If you've never been in a hockey fight, your opinion really should be ignored. Things happen in the moment, this is hockey. It's insane how bitter some Rags fans are.
No one is bitter. I can't remember ever seeing someone pull another mans hair in my life let alone the NHL. On YouTube the only thing I found from recent games was burrows, so at least sestito is in good company. But what does anyone else know about anything right? No one on this board has ever been in a hockey fight besides you.

Old
02-06-2012, 08:08 AM
McIlrathsWrath

This is not a hate fest. I thought yesterday's game was great as far as physicality goes. We are simply discussing one dirty play. I look forward to flyers-rangers.

Old
02-06-2012, 08:08 AM
RyK15*

Quote:
No one is bitter. I can't remember ever seeing someone pull another mans hair in my life let alone the NHL. On YouTube the only thing I found from recent games was burrows, so at least sestito is in good company. But what does anyone else know about anything right? No one on this board has ever been in a hockey fight besides you.
Uhhhh, when you're in a fight and trying to grab a guy's jersey or arm, it's pretty tough to see where you're grabbing. Sometimes the guy ducks and you get a handful of hair. Just like you throw a body shot, the guy turns and you hit him in the balls. You guys act like Sestito skated up to Prust, grabbed his hair and yelled, "nana nana boo boo!"

Old
02-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Wait you cant pull hair in a fight, is that an NHL Rule? Last time i checked the only rule for fighting was "whatever it takes to win"
So next time Prust should just gouge his eyes out? Anything goes amiright?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 08:37 AM
RyK15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
And lost the most important fight of the day by the score of 5-2

Let me add, Brandon Dubinsky dropped the gloves with your biggest and baddest dude and while he may have lost the fight, BRANDON DUBINSKY sent more of a message than Sestitio did.
That was laughable. You've got to be kidding. Dubinsky = "Let me drop the gloves and then completely puss it up by hugging and not throwing one punch." Dubinsky's a coward? OK message received.

Just remember, the season means almost nothing. You guys have had 1 golden year since 1940. Call me when the Rags start having success in the playoffs.

Old
02-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

It looks like Sestito was trying to pull Prust's face out of his chest so he could punch him in the face. It wasn't as bad as Burrows, but Sestito has a lot of anger.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 08:48 AM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
That was laughable. You've got to be kidding. Dubinsky = "Let me drop the gloves and then completely puss it up by hugging and not throwing one punch." Dubinsky's a coward? OK message received.

Just remember, the season means almost nothing. You guys have had 1 golden year since 1940. Call me when the Rags start having success in the playoffs.
Again you sound very bitter. It was a dirty play and he will probably get fined. I don't see why it's so hard to admit. Maybe you can't admit because you are too bitter.

Old
02-06-2012, 08:50 AM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
So next time Prust should just gouge his eyes out? Anything goes amiright?
LoL jtown already realized he was wrong and waved the white flag