HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

League reviewing Sestito-Prust fight (Hair-pulling)

Old
02-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
Just remember, the season means almost nothing. You guys have had 1 golden year since 1940. Call me when the Rags start having success in the playoffs.
Playoff success?

Your hair-pulling flygirls haven't raised the cup since 75.

Maybe your team should focus on finally, getting a quality netminder, instead of mastering the various stages of goonery.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:06 AM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
It looks like Sestito was trying to pull Prust's face out of his chest so he could punch him in the face. It wasn't as bad as Burrows, but Sestito has a lot of anger.
Thats how I see it. I don't think it defines the guys carreer but it was definitely a cheap play. No question. Im amazed people can defend it. Especially on a guy that's 5'11 when you're 6'4

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Uhhhh, when you're in a fight and trying to grab a guy's jersey or arm, it's pretty tough to see where you're grabbing. Sometimes the guy ducks and you get a handful of hair. Just like you throw a body shot, the guy turns and you hit him in the balls. You guys act like Sestito skated up to Prust, grabbed his hair and yelled, "nana nana boo boo!"
Pretty obvious Sestito wasn't trying to grab anything except Prust's head. It was dumb, it wasn't the dirtiest thing ever or anything, but there's no doubt he grabbed Prust's head and pulled and it wasn't an accident. There was literally nothing else he could have been grabbing and pulling

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:10 AM
RyK15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Playoff success?

Maybe your team should focus on finally, getting a quality netminder, instead of mastering the various stages of goonery.
More than the Rags have since expansion Playoff success isn't simply Cups won. A 7 seed getting into the playoffs on the last day and then going to the Cup after a 3-0 comeback. Wouldn't you call that playoff success? What've the Rangers done since '94? They haven't even been close.

But anyway, I'm sure Shanahan will have a talk with Sestito and if he believes that Sestito didn't intentionally grab hair, no fine.

RyK15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:19 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
That was laughable. You've got to be kidding. Dubinsky = "Let me drop the gloves and then completely puss it up by hugging and not throwing one punch." Dubinsky's a coward? OK message received.

Just remember, the season means almost nothing. You guys have had 1 golden year since 1940. Call me when the Rags start having success in the playoffs.
A coward doesn't initiate the fight. Dubinsky is not the greatest fighter in the league, or on the Rangers, but the fact that he initiated the one sided affair leads me to believe he's anything BUT a coward. However in your warped sense of thought, because he didn;t stick his chin out there to get hit he's a coward. That's funny.

The message was clear

"you scare nobody."

"you intimidate nobody and even our non-goon types are not afraid to drop the gloves, hugging or not is irrelevant"

Losing a fight? who hasn't. No big deal. Anyone tells me they have never lost a fight is full of ****.

And all of your PO success has got you what exactly? At least we can say we have a Cup in the last 20 years. When was your last Cup?

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:23 AM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Pretty obvious Sestito wasn't trying to grab anything except Prust's head. It was dumb, it wasn't the dirtiest thing ever or anything, but there's no doubt he grabbed Prust's head and pulled and it wasn't an accident. There was literally nothing else he could have been grabbing and pulling
It happened in a mere second, instincs do pull over at times. It's not like he pulled hair as a way of fighting (instead of punching).

I think it's a minor fighting incident and not even worth this 5 page thread.

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
what a homer announcer.

"Prust is such a great fighter, I dont think he's even been hit yet" as he's being fed left and right hooks.
Really!!

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
it happened in a mere second, instincs do pull over at times. It's not like he pulled hair as a way of fighting (instead of punching).

I think it's a minor fighting incident and not even worth this 5 page thread.
amen

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:40 AM
RyK15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
And all of your PO success has got you what exactly? At least we can say we have a Cup in the last 20 years. When was your last Cup?
2 > 1

And it's not like Dubinsky is Marian Gaborik. He's dropped the gloves many times before and isn't he supposed to be one of the "tough guys"? His card does have a few decent names on it. Challenging and then basically turtling is a disgrace.

Old
02-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Complete gutless coward.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:51 AM
SomE

Quote:
2 > 1

And it's not like Dubinsky is Marian Gaborik. He's dropped the gloves many times before and isn't he supposed to be one of the "tough guys"? His card does have a few decent names on it. Challenging and then basically turtling is a disgrace.
No, he's not one of the tough guys. He's a core player

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:00 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
2 > 1

Didn't say he wasn't a fighter, just not a good one and he's not a good fighter. He can beat other non fighter types like Mike Richards, but actual fighters, not so much.

Knowing he's not a good fighter, he did the smart thing and didn't allow Sestito to extend.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryb View Post
2 > 1

and it's not like dubinsky is marian gaborik. He's dropped the gloves many times before and isn't he supposed to be one of the "tough guys"? His card does have a few decent names on it. Challenging and then basically turtling is a disgrace.
4 is more than 2, last time I checked

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:12 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Playoff success?

I think we should start a thread about how your wimpy players all pushed Simmonds & Sestito into the boards or curiously lost their balance when they were getting owned.

I couldn't stop laughing at the cowardly tactics your team used. If you can't handle yourself in a fight, don't drop the gloves in the first place. To resort to takedowns or pushing into the boards when you are getting owned is cowardly.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:24 PM
RyK15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
4 is more than 2, last time I checked
4?

How was the parade back in 1940? Was it on the same day that France fell to the Nazis? Talking about championships won when there were 6 teams in the league is laughable unless the other team in question is an O6 team. The fact that all they had was THREE is laughable as well.

Anyhow, Dubinsky is a fighter, whether he's good or not is irrelevent. He challenged Sestito, then turtled. Also, Sestito did "handle" Prust in the fight, he grabbed some hair unfortunately, but there's no denying that Sestito did win all 3 of his fights. The hair pulling incident is really not a huge deal and if he gets suspended fine. It's done, it's over, Sestito is a fourth line energy guy, why do you guys care so much about him?

Old
02-06-2012, 12:29 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
4?

How was the parade back in 1940? Was it on the same day that France fell to the Nazis? Talking about championships won when there were 6 teams in the league is laughable unless the other team in question is an O6 team. The fact that all they had was THREE is laughable as well.

Anyhow, Dubinsky is a fighter, whether he's good or not is irrelevent. He challenged Sestito, then turtled. Also, Sestito did "handle" Prust in the fight, he grabbed some hair unfortunately, but there's no denying that Sestito did win all 3 of his fights. The hair pulling incident is really not a huge deal and if he gets suspended fine. It's done, it's over, Sestito is a fourth line energy guy, why do you guys care so much about him?
Didn't think he beat Bickell yesterday but he did in the preseason so those dudes are at a draw.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwaybro86 View Post
your wimpy players
cowardly tactics your team used.
If you can't handle yourself in a fight, don't drop the gloves in the first place.
You might be confused, grasshopper. This thread is about Sestito pulling Prusts hair in a fight. Two men going at it, and your homeslice purposely grabs his oppositions scalp. In my 22 years watching hockey, I can confidently say it's rare to see that.

Wimpy? Cowardly? Handling yourself in a fight?

Prust leads the league in fighting majors. He constantly fights men twice his size, and does a hell of a job scrapping with them. Nobody has ever pulled his hair. I don't see what's so difficult about admitting the obvious here, and that is "Sestito is a ***** who fights like a *****".

Old
02-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
So 1940 was so long ago it shouldn't count.

But 1975 was soooooo yesterday, it should.

Last edited by hototogisu: 02-06-2012 at 01:14 PM. Reason: qdp
Old
02-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
The whole thing was about Rinaldo skating around headhunting and than refusing to stand up for himself when he was challenged by everyone on the ice basically. Simmonds stepped in for him once and Sesisto three times lol.

Obviously Prust wanted Sesisto tossed by making him fight a third time. After he was tossed it was absolutely ridiculos to watch Rinaldo fle to the bench after every shift he took.

It was just a odd situation and it definitely effected the Flyers team as a whole. It seemed like the air went out of them completely when Rinaldo's escape from the MSG started.
Yep. Rinaldo never fights. Never. Just accrues 300+ PIM from stick infractions.

Rinaldo is a lunatic, and does cross the line. Although he's been in more control this year than I expected. Still, he does not back down from fights. I'm sure if someone really wanted a piece of him he'd oblige.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McIlrathsWrath View Post
This discussion is about an NHL fight between a player named sestito and a player named prust. The guy named sestito pulled the guy named prusts hair. During an NHL game. Welcome to the discussion. I'm sure there are street fighting forums somewhere on the Internet if that is what you were looking for
Pulling someone's hair is way worse then punching them in face. I'm sure if someone said "hey dude I'm either gonna punch you dead in the face, or pull your hair, its your choice" you'd choose the punch to the face.

I can't believe the league is investigating hair pulling...seriously hair pulling? If someone ***** slaps someone during a fight are they going to investigate that too because it wasn't a fist?

You are in a fight. Trying to punch someone in the face. Hair pulling is the least of your worries. If someone grabs some hair in the middle of a fight, chances are they didn't even mean to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
1) It's not that rare.

2) The reason is isn't an everyday occurrence (and no, the statements don't contradict each other) is because it's accidental.

I'm talking hockey fights, not some random bar brawl. If you're on skates grappling with an opponent you might accidentally grab a fistful of hair. Your helmet is pushed down into your eyes, fists are in your face and you can't often see as well as you'd like. You try to grab something for purchase and you grab a guy's hair. If you watch just about every clip where this happens the guy releases after a second or two once they realize what they've done.

Do you guys really believe that a player decides to grab an opponent's hair? That it's intentional?

Again, too many people commenting about this with absolutely no real world experience.
Thank you. And yes they do. Because they'd rather ***** and whine about something then actually take a second to think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by APuckHog View Post
Complete gutless coward.
Obviously.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:54 PM
BlackNgold 84

This is the one thing that popped into my head whenever I hear about Rinaldo.

Can't say I hate the kid but it still makes me laugh :

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post

LOL nice

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:23 PM
egelband

someone made the point earlier...but i think sestito will get his punishment from the rest of the league.

if he wasnt already a laughingstock, he surely will be now.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 03:03 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
so an ahl callup does that and al of a sudden hes representative of the entire flyers orginization? Lol
Rinaldo slew-foot the previous day...

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 03:48 PM
ponder

He should get a game or two. Wasn't a huge deal, but hair pulling is not OK in the NHL.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Breeze 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post

Thats the oldest line out there, it's like saying " come up from the basement your mom said it's time for bed" on hfboards. If you haven't heard another player say that to another you need to watch more !

Breeze 44 is offline   Reply With Quote