HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD Chat Room V (all non-ATD topics here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2012, 03:20 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 500
Don Cherry is just a caricature.I wouldn't ''hang on every word'' of a guy like that.In quebec Michel Bergeron is probably the equivalent.They have charisma and people love them , but you really have to take what they say with a grain of salt.Sometimes out of nowhere , they'll say something that matters , but a lot of time it's not really credible and they're outdated.

It's probably a mix of both , you are now in your 30s and probably understand better what to take and what to leave on the table.And Cherry is indeed getting outdated.

Last edited by BenchBrawl: 02-06-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old
02-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
... In quebec Michel Bergeron is probably the equivalent. ...
Who do you guys consider the "King" of NHL players. I'll take Lemieux, because a King has to have the Royal French Canadian bloodlines.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:22 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

hate my life , I played hockey and 2 of my toes (middle ones) hit the wall very strongly and now they are a little bit blue and while I can walk it's painful.I have a game friday night , am I screwed? Anybody had that before , im sure I did but dont remember how long it last until I can freely move.

I put some ice on it so they are not getting too big but still...

Old
02-07-2012, 11:23 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Made Me View Post
Who do you guys consider the "King" of NHL players. I'll take Lemieux, because a King has to have the Royal French Canadian bloodlines.
what is your fetish with french canadian players?

While Lemieux is very respected here for his talent and people are proud he comes from MTL , it's a bit of a love/hate relationship with the quebecois and Lemieux , because franckly Lemieux is an ass with us like he is with everybody else.He doesn't seem very proud to be a french-canadian , that's why normally we have a lot more love for a guy like Roy , who came back home and is very present for his people , and very proud of where he come from.Where was it that he gave his speech in french? The HHOF? Normally 95% of french players , retired or active will give a interview here and there just to ''talk'' to his french canadian people once in a while , but Lemieux is just an annoying jerk to be honest.But he was so good he gets away with it.And for the extremely rare time where he gives an interview , he really does look like he has a enormous ego.Granted , he deserves it , but still.He's not an humble guy by any mean , I can respect that , and he's one of my facvorite for sure , but you have to take him for what he is.The day Lemieux started giving interview was the day he needed publicity before he bought Pittsburgh or when they were on the edge of getting out of pittsburgh , once these problems were behind , Lemieux never re-appeared unless absolutely necessary.

My father used to go see him play in Laval , the ticket was like 6,5$ and the first time my father was like: ''6,5$?! what the hell , it's expensive for a junior game'' then Lemieux scored 6 goals and 1 assist , 1$ per goal 0,50 cents for the assist

I think he spent a good amount of 6,5$ after that going to watch Lemieux with my uncle.

As for your question , it depends , but Lemieux is probably the guy even after all what I just said.The king of my generation is Roy though.

Last edited by BenchBrawl: 02-07-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old
02-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Hawkman

Quote:
what is your fetish with french canadian players? ...
You may be too young to remember, but Les Habitants used to rule the NHL with mostly French Canadian players so I have a soft spot in my heart for them. Also, I used to live in Paris and my Dad was a French History professor.

Old
02-08-2012, 08:55 AM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

I just saw a goaltending clinic like I haven't seen since... well, the nineties.

A 36 year old off of waivers just stoned the Flyers time and again (45 shots officially I think) in a game from last night I just saw on nhl.com. I started it on "condensed Flyers version" which is 10 minutes long, but switched to full game mode and saw the entire third period and OT after Nabokov made save after tremndous save to put it 0-0 going into the third period in a game that should have been 6-1 or 7-1 by that point!

The NYI won 1-0 officially in the shootout, with Nabbie stopping even the shootout shots to claim his 52nd NHL career shutout. I had given up on Nabokov when he displayed Cujo-like lack of clutch play in San Jose, but the veteran has some dang fine play left in him!!

If you've got an nhl.com subscription I highly recommend you watch a condensed version (10 minutes long) of last night's Philly-NYI game, as Nabokov was other worldly in net, Hasek like!

(And here I expected to be watching the Caps take on hot rival divisional leading Panthers (ICGAFF now!).

Old
02-08-2012, 11:05 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

my toes are not looking good , they are dark blue and I can't walk today had to jump on one feet to reach the computer , worst of all it is my right foot so I'm not sure if I can drive.

Old
02-08-2012, 09:30 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

nevgermind

Last edited by BenchBrawl: 02-08-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old
02-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Hawkman

I saw a guy's Top 100 Canadiens list today. Chelios made the list, but not the top 40. I guess 24 playoffs is not Top 40 Canadien material.

Last edited by Hawkman: 02-08-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: added apostrophe
Old
02-08-2012, 09:44 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Made Me View Post
I saw a guys Top 100 Canadiens list today. Chelios made the list, but not the top 40. I guess 24 playoffs is not Top 40 Canadien material.
Chelios should make the list because of his Norris and a couple of other good season with the Canadiens , but his 24 playoffs doesn't mean anything as far as his montreal career. ( would like to see the list )

It's like saying Gretzky should be in the top 10 blues because he scored over 2000 pts.

Old
02-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Hawkman

Quote:
Chelios should make the list because of his Norris and a couple of other good season with the Canadiens , but his 24 playoffs doesn't mean anything as far as his montreal career. ( would like to see the list ) It's like saying Gretzky should be in the top 10 blues because he scored over 2000 pts.
I did send it to Reen and he confirmed receipt.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:37 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Lol. Domakc is so trolling Bugg.

(I'm drunk. Free whiskey tasting = my posts tonight will be awesome)

Old
02-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Leafs Forever

Ya, you can't really count any accomplishments achieved on other teams in a list of "Best Players for Team X". Makes for some interesting rankings.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Nalyd Psycho

Free whiskey tasting makes everything awesome.

02-08-2012, 10:51 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

alcohol is bad for the brain , the heart and the liver brah

Old
02-08-2012, 10:54 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

chelios still deserves to be on the list EASILY just by his montreal performances

Old
02-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Nalyd Psycho

Quote:
alcohol is bad for the brain , the heart and the liver brah
But good for the soul,

Old
02-08-2012, 11:11 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
But good for the soul,
hardly

Old
02-08-2012, 11:14 PM
EagleBelfour

Quote:
hardly
If you think that, you either drink too little or too much.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:26 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
I drank too much , now drink too little if I play your game.

I still strongly disagree that alcohol is good for the soul and have yet to hear a logical argument that isn't easy to destroy.
A couple of glasses of wine per night is definitely good for the soul. I wouldn't lump all types of alchoholic drinks into one type.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:32 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
A couple of glasses of wine per night is definitely good for the soul. I wouldn't lump all types of alchoholic drinks into one type.
what you call ''good for the soul'' is just the anti-stress effect alcohol has , which just means your soul needs less stress , not more alcohol.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:33 PM
vecens24

Alright boys, I'm moving the booze talk over to the chat thread...

Old
02-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Nalyd Psycho

Good call. I didn't reply again because I realized it belonged here.

I understand how alcohol can be very damaging. But I also find that in the right context, it makes things better. It highlights the good and dims the bad in social situations. (I have never been, nor will I ever be a particularly social person.) And it makes relaxation so much more relaxing. Nothing beats a glass of tequila and a good show to end a week.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:28 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
Good call. I didn't reply again because I realized it belonged here.

I understand how alcohol can be very damaging. But I also find that in the right context, it makes things better. It highlights the good and dims the bad in social situations. (I have never been, nor will I ever be a particularly social person.) And it makes relaxation so much more relaxing. Nothing beats a glass of tequila and a good show to end a week.
precisely what I just said.

Two important things in your posts:

1) You are not a social person (by choice? or by the force because of some issues no matter how small you think they are?)

It is very likely it is option B , since on alcohol you actually like being social.So the issue is deeper and therefore since alcohol won't ever makes you a really socially better person , what you need is something else that would require more effort than drinking if you would like to feel better socially even without alcohol.Real anti-social people are not more social on alcohol.

2) Relaxation ( why are you so stressed? why choose alcohol for relaxation? )
Alcohol is just like benzodiapines like ativan , rivotril and pills like that.They are actually very very similar even in the way they affect the brain.They are very effective against immediate stress , unfortunately , they also has a rebound effect , and the more you'll drink , the more stress you'll have.If your stress level is very high therefore is caused by something you need to fix in order to ''have a more peaceful soul".

Of course , I'm just saying all of this for the sake of the debate , because clearly I drank a lot myself even knowing all of this but the more I thought about it the more convinced I was to stop so I did but everyone makes their choices and I respect that.

I also respect the real alcohol drinker , so please stop with the tequila , it's a women drink

Last edited by BenchBrawl: 02-09-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old
02-09-2012, 03:20 AM
MadArcand
We do not sow

North Americans... real alcohol drinkers... doesn't compute.

Closed Thread