HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD Chat Room V (all non-ATD topics here)

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2012, 10:56 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
lol, Kesler has a Selke and two nominations under his belt and has also outscored Richards each of the past three seasons.
I still would take Richards over him if I wanted to win.

But yeah , I exagerrated.

Richards probably faced tougher defensemen in his career though , unless Kesler was playing with the Sedins at some point? In both cases Kesler's numbers are inflated because of both possible scenarios.

I think you guys should trade the Sedins right away while they still have some value.Trying to add character and heart to heartless/characterless superstars in a line-up is rarely going to work , because ultimately you need those superstars to win and they need heart and character to win. (most of the time)

Taking the Sedins at statistical or on-paper value is just giving you guys false hope at this point.Best of 7 is a mental thing , all NHL superstars have skills , the mental aspect is the most important in the playoffs.You guys almost did it , but you didn't , and either way none of the Sedins was going to win a conn smythe.

Last edited by BenchBrawl: 04-14-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old
04-14-2012, 11:30 PM
Velociraptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
''switch kesler for richards'' ... sure , except for that fact Kesler was always incredibly overrated as a player.Richards is a far superior player than Ryan Kesler.
That's questionable at best.

Old
04-14-2012, 11:53 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
That's questionable at best.
yes it is.

but the fact remains , vancouver are done if they keep this core.

Old
04-15-2012, 02:44 AM
jarek

Haha.. Ryan Kesler is a better player than Mike Richards in just about any possible way you can compare them. Especially, ESPECIALLY in the way that matters most when you're counted on to play against the top players of other teams: faceoffs.

Also, Kesler's numbers are inflated by the PP.

Old
04-15-2012, 04:02 AM
Hawkman
Maddon MLB 15

The Canucks and the Penguins each have to win 4 of 5 against a good team. I doubt they can do it. The Red Wings are tied, but if all 3 lose it just proves that the most talented team offensively doesn't always win in the playoffs. I picked the Predators and the Blues. The Hawks have their hands full with a big, strong, good defensive team with good goal tending. It could go either way.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:43 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
As I reflect back on the first 2 games of the Flyers-Pens series, I'm thinking more and more than vecens was right about Bylsma last ATD. As a Pens fans, I thought he would have really liked that pick, but he criticized it heavily. He said Bylsma was incapable of making any adjustments whatsoever, despite how badly things were obviously not working. I think we saw some of that in the first two games. I'm interested to see how this next game pans out, and if his job may be in jeopardy if things don't improve.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:24 PM
vancityluongo

Kesler has been far better than Richards over the last few years, but right now when it counts that isn't the case soo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
No of course he wasn't supposed to fight Thomas in retaliation.

If you aren't sure about that example then you need to take the homer glasses off occasionally. He was going for the Oscar there, seriously.

I can admit the Leafs are horrible and gutless, and I am a Leaf fan.

I see your Sedins and raise you a Kessel. He makes me wince every time the Leafs play Boston too.

Henrik had his head down, and most goalies don't typically charge out to attack a player with half a skate in the crease so I imagine he can't have been too prepared to take the hit. Assuming Thomas actually hit him with some force and didn't try and pull a sell job somehow himself to play up to the Boston crowd, I don't think there's much that's Oscar worthy about that play.

I'll admit when my team dives.

Kesler:

Henrik:

I wonder if Gillis will tell them to stop flopping to try and draw penalties and just focus on playing 5-on-5 hockey, cause they've actually been better than LA at even strength.

Finally, am I the only one that thinks Fleury being awful is the reason the Pens are down? Bryzgalov has been sketchy at times, but when needed he has been great. I know the Pens haven't been playing anything really resembling a defense either, but still.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
Henrik had his head down, and most goalies don't typically charge out to attack a player with half a skate in the crease so I imagine he can't have been too prepared to take the hit. Assuming Thomas actually hit him with some force and didn't try and pull a sell job somehow himself to play up to the Boston crowd, I don't think there's much that's Oscar worthy about that play.
He didn't dive on the hit, but once he was down, he kicked his feet way up in the air to try to draw a penalty.

Old
04-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Noel of the Jets is an insider!

So what do you guys think. Could be fabricated but what makes it believable is that its an inexperienced coach. If true its quite intresting. Nothing he said really shocks me tho.

Old
04-15-2012, 01:28 PM
vancityluongo

What a ****** move by the fan to publicize all that stuff. Post it anonymously on a message board or something if you really have to get it out. Noel should've picked his spot better, but nothing wrong with a coach talking to a season ticket holder about the team. Although, stuff like this will discourage that from happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
He didn't dive on the hit, but once he was down, he kicked his feet way up in the air to try to draw a penalty.
Ha, I actually didn't even notice that. Okay, that's an embellishment then, but they've had worse...at least there was some actual contact there.

Old
04-15-2012, 01:41 PM
vancityluongo

Oh, and I actually predicted something for once.

Quote:
Even someone like Luc Robitaille who is a francophone, but has no ties to the franchise would be a decent choice (I know he's in Kings management, but not sure if he's potential GM material specifically.) Someone like that though.?
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392870

What what. I may or may not be Randy Cunneyworth.

Old
04-15-2012, 02:19 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Luc Robitaille is such a great guy , very funny also.He looks like a smart guy , I would be happy to give him a chance to be honest.

He is also an excellant communicator and extremely loved in quebec.

Old
04-15-2012, 02:20 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Does Robitaille have any experience in player management?

"President of Business Operations"

Old
04-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Quote:
Kesler has been far better than Richards over the last few years, but right now when it counts that isn't the case soo...

I'll admit when my team dives.

Kesler:

Henrik:

I wonder if Gillis will tell them to stop flopping to try and draw penalties and just focus on playing 5-on-5 hockey, cause they've actually been better than LA at even strength.

Finally, am I the only one that thinks Fleury being awful is the reason the Pens are down? Bryzgalov has been sketchy at times, but when needed he has been great. I know the Pens haven't been playing anything really resembling a defense either, but still.
Im sorry but I hope both your team and the Pens is getting kicked out of the playoffs. I just cant stand the way those two teams play.

Old
04-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Velociraptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobnobs View Post
Im sorry but I hope both your team and the Pens is getting kicked out of the playoffs. I just cant stand the way those two teams play.

The Rangers are the new Canucks in Sweden, I remember when there was a lot of young prospects who wanted to play for the Canucks when they were drafted, now it's a thing of the past and the Rangers are pretty popular over there.

Old
04-15-2012, 02:31 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Does Robitaille have any experience in player management?

"President of Business Operations"
I don't know , but sometimes it depends what kind of relation he has with the GMs in LA.He might have learned a lot just by talking to them everyday , and maybe he simply is good at evaluating hockey talents.Is it possible the Kings were working on making Robitaille a GM long-term? I truly don't know , but I don't want a francois giguere type of GM.Basically the same as Gauthier:Experience in the business , nothing spectacular happened etc...

Of course if Robitaille is hired I take for granted the habs organization made sure he had some skills for the job , which is something I can't judge by myself.

To me, my hate for the habs organization since the Gainey regime started is always rising so I'm willing to give any guy with decent potential a shot if I like them.Might as well lose with people you like than with people you hate.

Old
04-15-2012, 02:52 PM
vancityluongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobnobs View Post
I'm almost inclined to agree...

Daniel Briere is ridiculous.

Edit: Philly-Pittsburgh has been ****in awesome so far. I'm kinda hoping for a Pens comeback in this one now so the series can go seven. Crosby vs Giroux?!!

Old
04-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
I'm almost inclined to agree...

Daniel Briere is ridiculous.

Edit: Philly-Pittsburgh has been ****in awesome so far. I'm kinda hoping for a Pens comeback in this one now so the series can go seven. Crosby vs Giroux?!!
Refs got in to protect Crosby prettt damn fast.

Old
04-15-2012, 03:04 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Philly has it made for the next 5 years with Giroux-Simmonds-Schenn-Voracek-Couturier. To think they don't even have the best defenceman in thw world for their run this year either.

Holmgren is a beast of a GM.

Old
04-15-2012, 03:05 PM
vancityluongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Refs got in to protect Crosby prettt damn fast.
They really should've just let them scrapped. Two best players in the league in a fight in a heated playoff game? The NHL should be salivating at the thought.

Wow what a series of events. Huge hit by Schenn, idiotic retaliation from Asham. This series should've been the ECF.

Old
04-15-2012, 03:07 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Crosby is probably one good punch away from retirement. That's probably why the refs stepped in

Old
04-15-2012, 03:10 PM
vancityluongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Crosby is probably one good punch away from retirement. That's probably why the refs stepped in
Not from Claude Giroux. Crosby challenged Giroux anyways if you're to believe Ray Ferraro.

I think this might be the best game I've seen this season. Fleury blows.

Old
04-15-2012, 03:20 PM
monster_bertuzzi

ATD scrub Danny Briere now with 101 points in his last 99 playoff games!

Old
04-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Dreakmur

Makes you wonder why Milbury had to apologize for saying Crosby has some punk in him....

Old
04-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post

The Rangers are the new Canucks in Sweden, I remember when there was a lot of young prospects who wanted to play for the Canucks when they were drafted, now it's a thing of the past and the Rangers are pretty popular over there.
What? Penguins are probably most popular in sweden. Plus I dont care where swedes wants to play.

Closed Thread