HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Stanislav Lascek?

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2004, 01:24 PM
Rich09

vCash: 500
Stanislav Lascek?

Hello!

I would like to know what do you think of this guy. He have a very good start in the "Q"! (15 games/9/21/30) Do you think he will be a good foward in the NHL?

Also, I would like to know which player you think will be the best between Chris Higgins and Mike Richards. Is it true that Richards is suppose tu be the next Mike Ricci?

Thanks!

SportBoy

Old
10-22-2004, 02:23 PM
markov`

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBoy
Hello!

I would like to know what do you think of this guy. He have a very good start in the "Q"! (15 games/9/21/30) Do you think he will be a good foward in the NHL?

Also, I would like to know which player you think will be the best between Chris Higgins and Mike Richards. Is it true that Richards is suppose tu be the next Mike Ricci?

Thanks!

SportBoy
I know Lascek very well. I saw him play for a dozen of times, live. I couldn't believe he went undrafted in the 2004 draft. The only option I see is he may have opted out, however, I feel he will be drafted in 2005 for sure. He is currently leading the Q and scoring and he led the Q in scoring in the last playoffs for a while. He's the smartest player on the ice, night in and night out. I don't think he will be a player, since his game doesn't translate very well to the NHL. His play reminds me of a Pierre-Marc Bouchard, how played for the Sags too, they are very similar, but Lascek doesn't have the speed of Bouchard. One thing I can say, Lascek isn't a fluke, he will be remembered as one of the Sags best player in their history when he will leave the Q, don't forget he is only 18. I said I don't think he will be a player, but I wouldn't be surprise if he makes his way in the NHL. His downside is a top AHL player, his upside is a top NHL player. If he makes it to the NHL, he will play on the top line or the 2nd, because he isn't good defensively, and really not physical.

I hope it helped you.

Old
10-22-2004, 03:03 PM
Form and Substance

The comparison with bouchard is apt, though Bouchard doesn't have that much top end speed either (that's not to say he's slow). I'd say he's a poor man's version of Bouchard, albeit with a bigger frame.

Old
10-22-2004, 03:55 PM
markov`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leachmeister2000
The comparison with bouchard is apt, though Bouchard doesn't have that much top end speed either (that's not to say he's slow). I'd say he's a poor man's version of Bouchard, albeit with a bigger frame.
Bouchard wasn't fast but at the same time, he didn't have to. When he touched the puck the game slowed down around him. Lascek have the same kind of ability, but he doesn't move his feet as fast as Bouchard did. I agree with the poor-man Bouchard, however, I feel Lascek, with some luck, could become better than Bouchard in the long run. Stanislav is a very intriguing player and each time I see him, he impresses me.

Old
10-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Boondock Saint

Here's a clip I found that shows Lascek's skating stride.....

Not a happy ending, though...

http://www.hockeyjunior.com/shaw_lascek.wmv

Old
10-27-2004, 01:20 AM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint

Damn that is a huge hit!!

Old
10-27-2004, 02:09 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Damn that is a huge hit!!
Holy crap was it ever...

Old
10-27-2004, 10:35 AM
Sag96

That was a cheepshot!!!!! He didn't even have puck !!!!! Shaw should be suspended for hit like that. Imagine if he did it on Crosby???

Old
10-27-2004, 02:30 PM
Boondock Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sag96
That was a cheepshot!!!!! He didn't even have puck !!!!! Shaw should be suspended for hit like that. Imagine if he did it on Crosby???
Get a grip...

He reached out for the puck with one hand on his stick and got blasted...

Great play by Shaw...

If you think that was a terribly dirty play, I think you should find a new sport to follow....

Old
10-29-2004, 11:06 AM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint

Holy ***** is he alright? or was this awhile ago?

Old
10-29-2004, 11:40 AM
highstickingyerface

Send a message via MSN to highstickingyerface
Hasn't played since.... apparently the dumb medical staff in Chicoutimi dressed him even tho he was suffering concussionlike effects from a previous game against Baie-Comeau where he was chopped across the head by Benjamin Breault (who was suspended 9 games)... surely Shaw's hit didn't help the recovery process

Lascek will never make it in the NHL unless he gets tougher and learns to stop taunting teams when he makes a play

Old
10-30-2004, 05:53 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

He played the last 2 nights...seems fine.

And PS the hit was as clean as soap.

Old
10-30-2004, 07:39 PM
Sweeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by La-La-Laprise

everything is claen for you, Crosby when he was injured, lascek too

Old
10-30-2004, 10:50 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyIsGod
everything is claen for you, Crosby when he was injured, lascek too
Watch the hit...pause it when Shaw's shoulder hits Lascek.

No Elbow
No Cross-Check
No Fore-arm

100% Shoulder to chin.

And If Lascek wants to reach for a puck at the blueline like that he deserves to be filled in. is the Quebec Major Junior HOCKEY League.

Last time I checked, you can hit in hockey.

PS: I never called the Crosby hit clean, i said it wasnt as bad as Rimouski fans made it out to be.

Old
10-30-2004, 11:30 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by La-La-Laprise

I don't know. I don't have a dog in this hunt, but did he touch the puck or come near it before he was hit? It looks like he was making a swipe at it but the video quality is such that it's hard to tell. If he's attempting to make contact with it and gets hit just after he either makes contact or slightly misses, then the hit is legal in my book. Is that what happened?

It did look like he got his forearms up, but thems the breaks.

Old
10-31-2004, 01:18 AM
Boondock Saint

Looks like we need to get Van in here for his take on the hit.....

Van???

By the book, or no??

Old
10-31-2004, 11:31 AM
BCCHL inactive

My computer is a POS and I can't get the video to work. I'll see it later when I get on my old man's computer tonight.

Anyway, from one description, I see "shoulder to chin". While in the QMJHL, there is no Checking To The Head penalty, I suppose it is technically clean. (Keep in mind that Roenick got a Match Penalty for intent to injure when he nailed Svehla shoulder to head, so the call can be made if the referee judges it to be blatant enough.) However, if such a hit happens in Jr.A hockey or at any lower level, such hits are easy Check To The Head penalties.

To me, any hit with initial contact above your opponent's shoulders is cheap.

Old
10-31-2004, 11:56 AM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

It was a Scott Stevens type hit.

Old
10-31-2004, 10:47 PM
Boondock Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
My computer is a POS and I can't get the video to work. I'll see it later when I get on my old man's computer tonight.

Anyway, from one description, I see "shoulder to chin". While in the QMJHL, there is no Checking To The Head penalty, I suppose it is technically clean. (Keep in mind that Roenick got a Match Penalty for intent to injure when he nailed Svehla shoulder to head, so the call can be made if the referee judges it to be blatant enough.) However, if such a hit happens in Jr.A hockey or at any lower level, such hits are easy Check To The Head penalties.

To me, any hit with initial contact above your opponent's shoulders is cheap.
So what is one to do if an opponent is coming DIRECTLY towards you with his head between his knees???

Is there no room for a referee's discretion on a play like this, or is any check that initiates with contact to the head a penalty in Jr. A??

I agree wholeheartedly that deliberate checks to the head are dangerous and have no room in the game, but I don't think it is as black and white as it sounds in your post.

EDIT: I would also like to hear your opinion of the Ovechkin on Gonchar hit.... Would like to know your opinion on whether you think it would be a penalty in the NHL and whether it would be a penalty in the BCHL...

Thanks

Boondock

Last edited by Boondock Saint: 10-31-2004 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Added question
Old
10-31-2004, 11:04 PM
BCCHL inactive

Checking To The Head is seen in the same light as Checking From Behind. The onus is on the player delivering the hit to hold himself back. Just like any check to the back, intentional or not, is a CFB, any hit with initial contact to the head, intentional or not, is a CTH.

I haven't seen the Ovechkin hit.

Old
11-01-2004, 12:47 AM
BCCHL inactive

Just for curiousity's sake, here is what is in the Hockey Canada Rulebook...

Checking To The Head (Rule 86)
(a) A Minor and a Misconduct penalty, or a Major and a Game Misconduct penalty, at the discretion of the Referee based on the degree of violence of impact, shall be assessed to any player who checks an opponent to the head area in any manner.

(b) A Major and a Game Misconduct penalty, or a Match penalty shall be assessed any player who injures an opponent by Checking To The Head.

(c) A Match penalty shall be assessed any player who deliberately attempts to injure or deliberately injures an opponent by Checking To The Head.

Note: Referees are instructed not to substitute other penalties when a player is checked to the head with significant impact.

CLARIFICATIONS ON CHECKING TO THE HEAD

Referees should be aware of the tragic consequences of head injuries and concussions and strictly enforce the rule. It is the responsibility of players, team officials and Referees to make every attempt possible to reduce the incident of this frightful injury. Team officials can teach players legitimate methods of checking an opponent, while players can be educated to the dangers of checks to the head. The Referee has the responsibility to penalize players who check an opponent to the head. If the Referees are consistent and strict in calling infractions that may lead to concussions, then along with the cooperation of players and team officials, these type of fouls and the chances of a player suffering such injuries can be significantly reduced.
The Checking To The Head penalty is based on the "degree of violence of impact" and can be defined in three categories: minimal, moderate and severe.

Minimal impact would be called under other appropriate rules. e.g. Elbowing, High Sticking, Roughing, Roughing After The Whistle, etc. A glancing blow or minimal impact to the head where a penalty is warranted.

Moderate impact would be a more significant degree of violence without injury that warrants a Minor and Misconduct penalty under Checking To The Head rule.

Severe impact would be a high degree of violence, with or without injury, that warrants a Major and Game Misconduct or a Match penalty, at the discretion of the Referee under Checking To The Head rule.

What previously may have been considered a legal check with a shoulder check to the head shall now be penalized as Checking To The Head if moderate or severe impact is made.

These Checking To The Head infractions can occur anywhere on the playing surface as a result of the initial contact to the head. Checking To The Head could also be the result of an open ice hit, with or without the fouled player's head being down.

Body checking has not been removed from the game, but high hits or targeting the head shall be penalized.

A fight is still to be called a fight, not Checking To The Head.

Referees are to strictly enforce penalties that call for infractions as a result of low hits as these types of infractions may increase.

Old
11-01-2004, 02:03 AM
Boondock Saint

Wow.

Thanks, Van.

I hadn't read that clarification before.

So Hockey Canada is now really putting it's foot down with this, much like it's insistence on removing checking from behind a couple years ago.

So, in the BCHL, what would that hit warrant in your eyes??

2 and 10, or more??

Old
11-01-2004, 08:48 PM
BCCHL inactive

I just watched it. That's an easy Major and a Game Misconduct under the Hockey Canada rulebook, if not a Match Penalty if the referee feels there was intent to hit him in the head.

Old
11-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
I just watched it. That's an easy Major and a Game Misconduct under the Hockey Canada rulebook, if not a Match Penalty if the referee feels there was intent to hit him in the head.
This rule sounds good, I would love to see it implemented world-wide.

Old
11-02-2004, 11:31 AM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

That rule is good, but according to the rules of the QMJHL it was a clean hit. That is all i was saying.

I watch a lot of Midget and JR A hockey here and they both have that hit to the head rule, its a good rule, but under current CHL rules the hit Shaw put on Lascek was clean.

Closed Thread