HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kiprusoff?

Old
04-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Rasta

vCash: 500
Kiprusoff?

When the Sharks first signed the goalie that stonewalled them in the WCF against Chicago, I was pretty excited. However, Niemi's been streaky ever since coming here, and was a weakness of the Sharks for the majority of the season. Ever since the All star break I've been waiting for him to put a couple consecutive great performances in a row, but it seems like its never going to happen. He'll make some great saves, but still find a way to let an easy one past him. Now I'm in now way blaming him for the Sharks struggles, especially on the PK (even though the goalie should be your best penalty killer).

The point is, does SJ have the necessary assets to re-acquire Kiprusoff? And if they did, would he even want to return to SJ?

Rasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 02:08 PM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
If we're going with a new goalie let it be Stalock or Sexsmith.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Oppa
#FunMustBeAlways

vCash: 157
Stalock given he doesn't shatter into pieces.

Oppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 02:23 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
With the way Crawford has played this season and in the playoffs, IMO Kipper is headed there at the draft before his NMC expires at July 1st.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
With the way Crawford has played this season and in the playoffs, IMO Kipper is headed there at the draft before his NMC expires at July 1st.
The Flames would be better off waiting for his clause to expire and open the market up for teams when it comes to Kiprusoff. They're not going to get much but it will be better than closing it off to teams that Kipper is willing to go to. The Sharks should not be interested as Kipper has a high cap hit and a lot of miles at 35. The man has not played less than 70 games in any year since the lockout. I'd rather trade for Luongo than trade for Kiprusoff. I doubt the Hawks would be terribly interested either. I think they'd rather trade for Niemi if given the opportunity. Someone they've won with, won't require much to trade for, and doesn't require a significant investment in terms of cap space.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 04:20 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
The Flames would be better off waiting for his clause to expire and open the market up for teams when it comes to Kiprusoff. They're not going to get much but it will be better than closing it off to teams that Kipper is willing to go to. The Sharks should not be interested as Kipper has a high cap hit and a lot of miles at 35. The man has not played less than 70 games in any year since the lockout. I'd rather trade for Luongo than trade for Kiprusoff. I doubt the Hawks would be terribly interested either. I think they'd rather trade for Niemi if given the opportunity. Someone they've won with, won't require much to trade for, and doesn't require a significant investment in terms of cap space.
Wait you would want Luongo?! I mean he's almost as Shakey as Niemi. Plus didn't they like sign him to some absurd amount of like 10 million or 10 years or something? (sorry brain fart moment).

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 04:59 PM
ramstoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post
Wait you would want Luongo?! I mean he's almost as Shakey as Niemi. Plus didn't they like sign him to some absurd amount of like 10 million or 10 years or something? (sorry brain fart moment).
$5.3m through 2022. Not the worst cap hit, but for that length, no thanks.

ramstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 05:00 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramstoria View Post
I like Luongo and I don't think his cap hit is bad, but the fact that he's signed until he's like 43 is awful.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 05:15 PM
eddiing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramstoria View Post
That's a horrible contract...

eddiing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 05:17 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiing View Post
That's a horrible contract...
How Vancouver fans have convinced themselves that Tampa would give up Brett Connolly and their 1st for him is beyond me.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post
Only when compared to Kiprusoff. I don't want either goalie. Hell, I don't want Niemi and he's at a perfectly acceptable level of salary relative to his play. He's like the 14th highest paid goalie in cap hit and that's roughly what he's been playing like, maybe slightly less.

I would rather invest less in the goaltending position and improve the depth in front. I'd rather let Greiss, Stalock, Sateri, Sexsmith, and Heemskerk all battle for the two spots at a very small cap hit and make use of the savings up front.

Depth up front and on the blue line is what wins Cups. If you can't achieve that, you can't win. Yes, you can pay a goalie a healthy amount and still win but only after you've achieved the depth necessary in front of him. This organization can't create depth in one position w/o sacrificing it at another. They have to sacrifice it in net in order to get it, I feel.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Spacemania
Murray says: Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
I don't think he would want to come back after being traded. Besides, I think we'd regret the contract long-term

Spacemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

vCash: 163
I doubt we get a new goalie ... besides, Niemi hasn't been too bad in the PO's

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Sharksfan83

vCash: 50
Give the young guys a try.. Stalocks been great in the AHL.

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Korolyuk15

I think the goaltending depth needs to be given a chance...surely someone can rise to their potential out of Stalock/Greiss/Sateri

Korolyuk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 06:29 PM
VP and GM
Havlat is gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korolyuk15 View Post
I think the goaltending depth needs to be given a chance...surely someone can rise to their potential out of Stalock/Greiss/Sateri
I have to agree. We have alot of decent looking prospects in this area, we really need to sort through them and see if anyone of them can be the next Elliot/Schnider level player.

VP and GM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 07:25 PM
sharkfan95
Stalock is the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
I have to agree. We have alot of decent looking prospects in this area, we really need to sort through them and see if anyone of them can be the next Elliot/Schnider level player.
I agree too. We need to try out Sateri or Stalock. we cant just ride niemi out. we gotta give these guys a chance before their 40...

sharkfan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Kegsey
#joeMONEY

Give Greiss a chance.

Kegsey is offline   Reply With Quote