HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 53: Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators - Feb 7 - 5:00PM PST - SPAC

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Verviticus

vCash: 500
the preds have won a million of their past million + 1 games, im pretty sure they arent going to trade one of their top three players at the deadline when they are currently on this tear.

Old
02-06-2012, 07:53 PM
thenextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
And if Suter walks with no return?
Teams are gonna trade picks and prospects to the Preds to rent Suter. The Preds are basically doing the same...renting Suter for this run by sacrificing what they could get at the deadline.

Old
02-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Kagee*

Quote:
And if Suter walks with no return?
Well then they could say "at least we tried" and then get a 3rd rounder for him in June.

Old
02-06-2012, 08:54 PM
ephmrl
#tanknation

Send a message via AIM to ephmrl Send a message via Skype™ to ephmrl
Don't have a good feeling about this one. Predicting a 4-1 loss.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Old
02-06-2012, 09:09 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Maybe Kesler will give us all a sneak peak Beastmode performance. I hope.

Old
02-06-2012, 09:57 PM
biturbo19

This one is really on the back end to tighten up their game. The turnovers we've seen lately just aren't going to fly against Nashville. They WILL make us pay if our defence wants to be careless with the puck.

Old
02-06-2012, 10:30 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Phoenix wins against Detroit in regulation, a win tomorrow night brings us with in 1 point of top spot in the West with a game in hand.

Come on boys, go on a tear, please.

Old
02-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextone View Post
Teams are gonna trade picks and prospects to the Preds to rent Suter. The Preds are basically doing the same...renting Suter for this run by sacrificing what they could get at the deadline.
This is really how the Preds have to be looking at it. The only problem with it is that they would like to and may need to rent on top of that. In order to keep Suter they are going to have to show they are serious about winning. That means adding at the deadline. If they add a rental and both end up walking, they might be in big trouble. They can go the Nonis route and add garbage for cheap but that probably doesn't do enough to convince Suter.

Old
02-06-2012, 11:18 PM
DennisReynolds
the implication

I'll say 2-1 for us, with Luongo and Rinne making +30 saves.

Old
02-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Phoenix wins against Detroit in regulation, a win tomorrow night brings us with in 1 point of top spot in the West with a game in hand.

Come on boys, go on a tear, please.
This. Super important to get this win.

Old
02-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Sedinery2011

The Nuge injured again..........................C'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnn Cody!

Old
02-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Proto

Quote:
A tough decision for David Poile at the trade deadline with Ryan Suter who has said he will not talk contract until after the season is over when he will be a pending UFA.

Do you keep him for the play-offs, hoping to sign him later but run the risk of losing him with no return a la Ehrhoff if he does not sign?

If Suter does leave then the Preds pretty much have to lock up Shea Weber.
http://www.foxsportstennessee.com/01...70&feedID=3731
I'm almost positive Suter will walk and I also think when he does there is a 0% chance Weber will re-sign. I just don't see it. Even if they sign both at zero-discount contracts like they did Rinne, they just aren't getting the value a franchise needs to from homegrown talent.

Old
02-06-2012, 11:44 PM
thenextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
This is really how the Preds have to be looking at it. The only problem with it is that they would like to and may need to rent on top of that. In order to keep Suter they are going to have to show they are serious about winning. That means adding at the deadline. If they add a rental and both end up walking, they might be in big trouble. They can go the Nonis route and add garbage for cheap but that probably doesn't do enough to convince Suter.
The problem with adding garbage as Nonis found out is that its hard to integrate garbage into a teams system in time for the playoffs. A team like the Preds probably has a super-disciplined defensive game plan that the average shmuck won't be able to figure out in one month of games.

Old
02-07-2012, 12:03 AM
ProstheticConscience
Yes or no, Lester?

Worried about Higgins. Not good news that his meds are being switched up.

Really don't have the best feeling about this one. Nashville's been on a tear for a while, and as we all know, the Canucks have been asleep at the switch except for the goalies. Gonna need some big saves and some stanchion mojo to get out of Nashville with one point, much less two.

Oh yeah, and the Sedins can wake our PP back up aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany time now.

Old
02-07-2012, 12:21 AM
aandbreatheme

Higgins!

Please have this problem sorted out before the playoffs start!

Old
02-07-2012, 12:50 AM
keslerburrows

Have a feeling this will be goalie duel as well. And for the love of god Higgins, get better!

Old
02-07-2012, 12:56 AM
flack

No way we are going to out luck Nashville...the team that gets the most bs goals. Team will think they will win again by playing like ****. 5-2 loss. Predators with empty netter (Weber).

Old
02-07-2012, 01:08 AM
cjcanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Canucks win so far.

Prediction Tracker

FLA: Vancouver would score around the 3 minute mark and that would be the only goal we'd score and lose. VAN scored at 3:11 and lost 2-1.

TB: Vancouver would win by one goal possibly in overtime. VAN wins 5-4 in SO.

STL: Vancouver would win 3-2. VAN wins 3-2.

ANA: Vancouver would lose 4-2. VAN loses 4-2.
She said Vancouver was playing a team with black and orange.
She also said we'll probably look good in the first but flush it away in the 2nd and 3rd.
Then while we were watching the game she said the Canucks would score with around 3 mins left in the 3rd and it would be the last goal of the game.
The Canucks lost 4-2, while being tied in the first and letting the game get away in the 2nd and 3rd. They also scored with 3:20 left in the 3rd and it was the last goal of the game...

LAK: Vancouver would win. Vancouver lost 3-2(SO) - Wrong

SJS: Vancouver would win. Canucks won 4-3.

EDM: Vancouver would win and pot 3. Vancouver wins 3-2(SO) - Might not count as I fell asleep before being able to post.

CHI: Vancouver would win. Vancouver won 3-2.
The Witch knew the Canucks were at home tonight and the team they were playing a team with a jersey colour combo of black, white, red and yellow.
She said a shutout was a possibility, but that sure as hell didn't pan out.
She also said there would be an injury. Higgins caught the flu some time around the game and couldn't play the next against DET. Does that count?

DET: Vancouver would lose a close game in OT/SO. Vancouver lost 4-3 in SO.

COL: Vancouver would win. Vancouver won 3-2 in SO.
I now scroll through the GDT just looking for the witch's predictions. Come playoffs we'll have to do something to have her influence games, not just predict them.

Old
02-07-2012, 01:17 AM
cjcanucks

Higgins could be gone for the year if this is now an immune system issue and it does sound like it. Trade deadline has a new wrinkle?

Old
02-07-2012, 01:23 AM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

I really hope Higgins wears socks from now on when he gets back in the line-up. If he wasn't so damn John McClane, this never would've happened. Damn you McClane! *shakes fist*

Old
02-07-2012, 01:37 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
Higgins!

Please have this problem sorted out before the playoffs start!
It's really quite pissing me off TBH. If he can't control it (he should be able too..), that's fine, but it's still pissing me off.

Old
02-07-2012, 02:11 AM
yoss

Andy Pipkin - i saw your name and that someone asked for the oracle's prediction, and now i can't read this thread. I scrolled past it without reading because all these predictions are ruining the surprise.

From now on, any witch prediction talk should be either prefaced with a spoiler alert or else pm'ed to those who do want to know. It's pretty crazy it has come to this, but those predictions seem to pan out alot, and i'd like to just see how it turns out without knowing.

I never thought i'd make a request like this lol your girlfriend has quite to clairvoyant talent or whathaveyou.

I am serious too, i'm staying right away from this GDT until the game is over.

Old
02-07-2012, 02:22 AM
xtr3m

Not that we should even question him, but Higgy was hit by the vicious cycle of antibiotics. He's sick because the original treatment has weakened his immune system. Without a doubt everything is being done to bring him up to speed. Higgins is an integral part of this team, which is so evident lately.

Old
02-07-2012, 02:39 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
Not that we should even question him, but Higgy was hit by the vicious cycle of antibiotics. He's sick because the original treatment has weakened his immune system. Without a doubt everything is being done to bring him up to speed. Higgins is an integral part of this team, which is so evident lately.
This. Anyone who has had a staph infection can tell you it takes it out of you. Whether it's the medication, or infection, or what ever, you feel like crap for weeks, and I lucked out, so I'm told, but avoiding a bad flu or cold/fever or other illness that you'd usually be able to fight off easily. I am hoping for a speedy recovery still, but he hasn't been the same guy since his last flare up.

Old
02-07-2012, 02:57 AM
ProstheticConscience
Yes or no, Lester?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximLapierre View Post
It's really quite pissing me off TBH. If he can't control it (he should be able too..), that's fine, but it's still pissing me off.
What are you talking about, "he should be able too...(sic)"?! What, you can control your immune system voluntarily? You can control when you get sick? Hook up with Rogue and get her to transfer your freaky-deaky X-Men powers to Higgins, huh?

Also, how the bloody hell did freakin' Nashville wind up with the #2 PP in the NHL?!

Closed Thread