HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

'11/'12: Leafs Trade Rumors/Proposals: Trades a comin? Hmmm maybe not.

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2012, 01:40 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
No Bobby Ryan?

The package will not include any of Kessel, Lupul, McArthur, Grabovski, Kulemin, Phaneuf, Liles, Reimer and Gustavsson. So Schenn, Gardiner, Gunnarsson, Franson, Aulie, Komisarek(cap reasons), Connolly, Lombardi, Bozak, Kadri, Colbourne, Frattin, 1st and 2nd rd picks and any other prospect or bottom 6 player not mentioned.

If one or more of the bolded players are not included you can cross Getzlaf off the list. He's still a top ten center in the league despite the slump and you have to give to get.

Ducks won't take any of those underlined players unless it's something like

Schenn
Gardiner
Bozak
Kadri
1st

and please don't cite the Richards trade. Philly was dumping Richards because they didn't want him anymore. They took the best possible deal. The Ducks aren't TRYING to get rid of Getzlaf. It will take a lot to move our captain and top line center.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Halibut

vCash: 500
Nice list, I'm sure all of those teams will be highly interested in trading away some of their best players for draft picks, prospects and bottom 6 players.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
1. Getzlaf -
2. Spezza If Sens continue on slump - Spezza won't move from Ottawa to Toronto
3. Lecavalier Tampa could use the D and picks/prospects - Lecavalier is staying in Tampa Bay and will retire there.
4. Nash CLB also could use the D. - Toronto doesn't have the D to give to Columbus that would make a difference

For those ones.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:44 PM
TorontoTrades

1. Getzlaf
2. Spezza Ottawa dealing a franchise player to Toronto? doubt it.
3. Lecavalier 7.727 cap hit till 2015 for declining player? no thank you
4. Nash one of my favourites but cap hit of 7.8 till 2018 is off putting
5. M.Koivu
6. Ribero never been a fan of him, pass
7. Weiss Florida won't trade off, even if they miss the playoffs they'll be close and have some promise for next year
8. Statsny

An other to consider would be Briere. Philly has made it clear that they want Schenn and Burke wants JVR but why not go for Briere in stead. injuries and alot of miles, pass

Getzlaf, Koivu and Statsny would all be great pick ups

Old
02-06-2012, 01:45 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post
1. Getzlaf
5. M.Koivu
7. Weiss Florida won't trade off, even if they miss the playoffs they'll be close and have some promise for next year
8. Statsny

An other to consider would be Briere. Philly has made it clear that they want Schenn and Burke wants JVR but why not go for Briere in stead. injuries and alot of miles, pass

Don't count on it.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Goulet17

I think the Leafs should go target:

Getzlaf
Perry
Ryan
Kopitar
Benn
Ericksson
Backes
Hall
Nugent-Hopkins
Carter
Nash
Crosby
Malkin
Ovechkin
Giroux
Duchene

I think that Burke has a good chance to land 4 or 5 of the players listed above at the trade deadline.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:47 PM
bobbyt911

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
No Bobby Ryan?

The package will not include any of Kessel, Lupul, McArthur, Grabovski, Kulemin, Phaneuf, Liles, Reimer and Gustavsson. So Schenn, Gardiner, Gunnarsson, Franson, Aulie, Komisarek(cap reasons), Connolly, Lombardi, Bozak, Kadri, Colbourne, Frattin, 1st and 2nd rd picks and any other prospect or bottom 6 player not mentioned.

If one or more of the bolded players are not included you can cross Getzlaf off the list. He's still a top ten center in the league despite the slump and you have to give to get.

Ducks won't take any of those underlined players unless it's something like

Schenn
Gardiner
Bozak
1st+2cd
loose the 2nd and it may work, Ana wins long term tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
Nice list, I'm sure all of those teams will be highly interested in trading away some of their best players for draft picks, prospects and bottom 6 players.
Well how often do you see playoff bound teams trade important roster players? Also most of the players i mentioned may be on teams that would really like quality D-men and multiple 1sts.

Old
Carlzner

Gustavsson, the untouchable.
Ha

Old
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post
1. Getzlaf
5. M.Koivu
8. Statsny

Lecavalier is in the top 30 in scoring and should break 70 points again this season. Since about the 40 game point of last year he's been around PPG.
Koivu I really doubt will be dealt.
Getzlaf won't be dealt.

I'd say the only semi-realistic options are Ribeiro and Stastny.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
I think that Burke has a good chance to land 4 or 5 of the players listed above at the trade deadline.

Absolutely, I could see as many as 13 if he traded away all his bottom 6 players plus all of his draft picks. I mean it is Burkie.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:49 PM
TorontoTrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Don't count on it.
I didnt say they would land him I just said of that list those are the three I would want them to go after.

chill out, so many butt hurts on this board afraid someone mentions a player on their team in a trade.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:49 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
Jones would be a really good pickup of course.

Price might be a little high though.
Jones would be a great addition.

If Ryan Malone is a Ryane Clowe lite... David Jones is a Ryan Malone lite.

Not huge, but 220 and 6'2 which is solid... decent scoring touch... good for about 40 points.

Had a nice year last year... very good bottom six guy.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:51 PM
bobbyt911

vCash:
Quote:

Getzlaf
Perry
Ryan
Kopitar
Benn
Ericksson
Backes
Hall
Nugent-Hopkins
Carter
Nash
Crosby
Malkin
Ovechkin
Giroux
Duchene

Do I sense jealousy that your team's GM doesn't have the balls to make a big trade? Also if you noticed I listed all Centers and from teams that may be selling and that a strong offer of 1st's and D-men may get it done.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:52 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
Just an FYI - Carter played (and scored) in the CBJ versus Anaheim game on Saturday.

Old
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
Here are some players that I would like if Burke would go for. I haven't taken NTC/NMC's, yrs left or cap issues into consideration because if the 2 teams want to make the trade they will make it happen. They are in order of who I would like the most to least. The package will not include any of Kessel, Lupul, McArthur, Grabovski, Kulemin, Phaneuf, Liles, Reimer and Gustavsson. So Schenn, Gardiner, Gunnarsson, Franson, Aulie, Komisarek(cap reasons), Connolly, Lombardi, Bozak, Kadri, Colbourne, Frattin, 1st and 2nd rd picks and any other prospect or bottom 6 player not mentioned.

1. Getzlaf
2. Spezza If Sens continue on slump.
3. Lecavalier Tampa could use the D and picks/prospects
4. Nash CLB also could use the D.
5. M.Koivu If the Wild fall back and sell.
6. Ribero again if Dallas sells.
7. Weiss same if Panthers fall back and sell
8. Statsny
An other to consider would be Briere. Philly has made it clear that they want Schenn and Burke wants JVR but why not go for Briere in stead.

Any how that's my wish list and I'm sure I will get a ton of player A is not going anywhere bla bla bla but this is Burke were talking about and soo many teams are close to being sellers. The Leafs have the D and picks prospects to make a pkg of 1 or 2 D+pick(s)+player/prospects. Of course it may not be 4 pieces but I'm sure that Schenn+Aulie+2012-13 1st or swap out Aulie and the 13 1st for Gardiner or swap out the 13 1st for Kadri or Colbourne should land any one on that list.
I would not want Nash or Lexcalier.

To be honest on that list the player I want the most would probably be Mikko Koivu. He is exactly what we need on the team, but Minny would not trade him.

Old
bobbyt911

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Ha
Not cuz he is a star cuz the Leafs can't put all their eggs in one basket yet.

Old
Avs44

vCash: 380
A) I think this should belong on the Maple Leads board
B) I don't see you getting any of those guys judging by what you've taken off. Really the only pieces of value there are Gunnerson, Schenn, Gardiner, Colborne, Kadri, and your 1st. So basically your offering D-men and firsts prospects. Looking at team needs I don't see why any of those players
would be moved.
Getzlaf:we've been over this before, and nothing has ever been agreed on
Spezza: he won't be moved,
but if he is, it's sure not gonna be TO.
Lecavalier:I think Tampa fans have made it pretty clear he's
not getting moved. Still, they do need D
Nash: probably your best hope since CBJ needs D, but highly doubt he moves.
M.Koivu. So, why would they trade their best player who's not
even that old? If they rebuild he's going to be the centerpiece of that rebuild.
Riberio: If the Stars fall you
could probably get him
Weiss: They are fighting for 3rd and desperately need to make the playoffs. Unless the bottom
completely falls out he stays
Stastny: Avs need top line wingers, not defensman. Almost guarantees he won't be moved to Toronto.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Halibut

Quote:
Well how often do you see playoff bound teams trade important roster players? Also most of the players i mentioned may be on teams that would really like quality D-men and multiple 1sts.
How often do you see teams trade away top line talent for bottom 6 players and draft picks if those players arent UFA's in the summer? I dont think one player on your list is going to be a UFA on July 1.

Unless you are seriously overpaying any team with a player that you are after will get the same trade offer or better at the draft or in the summer. Summertime more teams will have open cap space plus the ability to go over the cap during the summer to fit some of these big contract players into their roster.

Old
02-06-2012, 01:57 PM
ElGuapo
Cheese

So, what would you give up for Ribeiro?

Old
02-06-2012, 01:59 PM
bobbyt911

vCash:
Quote:

Getzlaf
Perry
Ryan
Kopitar
Benn
Ericksson
Backes
Hall
Nugent-Hopkins
Carter
Nash
Crosby
Malkin
Ovechkin
Giroux
Duchene

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
Oh god...

I apologize for this guy.
OK I didn't think I needed to point this out but this is a WISH LIST!!!!! and I understand that the odds of any of these guys coming to the Leafs is super low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
B) I don't see you getting any of those guys judging by what you've taken off. Really the only pieces of value there are Gunnerson, Schenn, Gardiner, Colborne, Kadri, and your 1st. So basically your offering D-men and firsts prospects. Looking at team needs I don't see why any of those players would be moved.
Getzlaf: we've been over this before, and nothing has ever been agreed on
Spezza: he won't be moved, but if he is, it's sure not gonna be TO.
Lecavalier: I think Tampa fans have made it pretty clear he's not getting moved. Still, they do need D
Nash: probably your best hope since CBJ needs D
M.Koivu. So, why would they trade their best player who's not even that old? If they rebuild he's going to be the centerpiece of that rebuild.
Riberio: [B]If the Stars fall you could probably get him
Weiss: They are fighting for 3rd and desperately need to make the playoffs. Unless the bottom completely falls out he stays
Stastny: Avs need top line wingers, not defensman. Almost guarantees he won't be moved to Toronto.
I didn't know the fans in Tampa ran the team, I agree that Koivu is super unlikely but I'd love to have him as the Leafs #1C

I forgot about E.Staal he would be between 4 and 5

Old
02-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Nizdizzle
The Shanaplan.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Ha
Not untouchable by any means, but we'd need a goalie in return because our AHL/ECHL goalies are all prospects/projects (Scrivens/Owuya/Rynnas) and not ready to be NHL backups

Old
02-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Mojo19
GOlf LEAFS GOlf!

I wonder what it would take to get JVR? He is on a great contract.

Old
02-06-2012, 02:02 PM
SeenSchenn2
Itchin' For Mitch

Quote:
OK I didn't think I needed to point this out but this is a WISH LIST!!!!! and I understand that the odds of any of these guys coming to the Leafs is super low.

I didn't know the fans in Tampa ran the team, I agree that Koivu is super unlikely but I'd love to have him as the Leafs #1C

I forgot about E.Staal he would be between 4 and 5
That's fine and dandy, but why does this need to be on the main board?

Old
bobbyt911

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
How often do you see teams trade away top line talent for bottom 6 players and draft picks if those players arent UFA's in the summer? I dont think one player on your list is going to be a UFA on July 1.

Unless you are seriously overpaying any team with a player that you are after will get the same trade offer or better at the draft or in the summer. Summertime more teams will have open cap space plus the ability to go over the cap during the summer to fit some of these big contract players into their roster.
My god man it is a D based package with multiple 1st's the forwards included other than Kadri, Colbourne are to fill out the deal if necessary. Too funny how you try to make it look like I'm suggesting that a bottom 6 guy and a pick could get land one off of my list.

Old
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
B) I don't see you getting any of those guys judging by what you've taken off. Really the only pieces of value there are Gunnerson, Schenn, Gardiner, Colborne, Kadri, and your 1st. So basically your offering D-men and firsts prospects. Looking at team needs I don't see why any of those players
would be moved.
Getzlaf:we've been over this before, and nothing has ever been agreed on
Spezza: he won't be moved,
but if he is, it's sure not gonna be TO.
Lecavalier:I think Tampa fans have made it pretty clear he's
not getting moved. Still, they do need D
Nash: probably your best hope since CBJ needs D, but highly doubt he moves.
M.Koivu. So, why would they trade their best player who's not
even that old? If they rebuild he's going to be the centerpiece of that rebuild.
Riberio: If the Stars fall you
could probably get him
Weiss: They are fighting for 3rd and desperately need to make the playoffs. Unless the bottom
completely falls out he stays
no. no it should not.

Closed Thread