HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

AK's limited icetime

Old
02-10-2012, 12:04 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

vCash: 500
AK's limited icetime

Before JM got fired, he was using AK alot! Double shifting him sometimes and giving him alot of icetime...If I remember correctly he was even playing him on the point on the PP (I was surprised that JM was actually confident with AK's game)

Now that Cunneyworth became the head coach, I find he is using AK less and less. Hell...he even puts him on the 4th line...

I'd personally like to see him play on the top 6 with Pleks and Bourque instead of Darche. Or keep him with Eller and give them more icetime.

Any thoughts?

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:12 PM
ThaDevilGirl

I don't think anybody knows what are the 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines. At least I don't know what they are.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Avim86

He's no Darche .

Avim86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:18 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

I feel bad for Pleks, his best scoring chance last game came when Darche and Moen changed and he had a 1 on 3... be nice if he had at least one of Bourque/Kostitsyn to play with.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
I don't think anybody knows what are the 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines. At least I don't know what they are.
I'm pretty sure there's only two lines. They are:
Pacioretty-DD-Cole

3 other players randomly selected out of a hat.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:30 PM
MsChanandlerBong
The Chan-Chan Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'm pretty sure there's only two lines. They are:
Pacioretty-DD-Cole

3 other players randomly selected out of a hat.
Bourque and Pleks don't really work together but AK should stay with Pleks for sure. Put them with Gomez or Leblanc.

MsChanandlerBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Roulin

I agree, RaMMuT. Although Kostitsyn has been good against top opposition, it appears that he doesn't fit Cunneyworth's (more narrow than Martin's) definition of a shut-down player. Moen and Darche may be more coachable, but Kostitsyn is more effective.

Roulin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
Bourque and Pleks don't really work together but AK should stay with Pleks for sure. Put them with Gomez or Leblanc.
Bourque and Pleks wasn't the worst thing in the world but they aren't great compliments, because Bourque is a terrible passer and Plekanec is usually better with someone he can give and go with. Kostitsyn is a better fit. I wouldn't mind seeing Plek play with Leblanc actually.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Undertakerqc

AK's days has a Habs are numbered and thank god for that, the lazyest player on the Habs right now

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:39 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
AK's days has a Habs are numbered and thank god for that, the lazyest player on the Habs right now
I think your record is broken. Might want to fix it.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadevilgirl View Post
i think your record is broken. Might want to fix it.
lol.

Avim86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:43 PM
blueinmtl

Quote:
Untrue lately. Though all the players seem to be playing hard. AK is among them, skating, making plays. He should have done better on the set-up in front of the net yesterday, but at least twice he won board battles to keep the puck in their end, keep plays alive. Skating hard and working hard positionally in his own zone, things we didn't see before.

Trust me I loathed him and wanted him gone on his next hot streak. But I'd rather have this version of him than the hot-5-games/nonexistent-15-games version we were used to.

Don't know about more ice time though now that we've finally found the way to win: 20 mins + for Darche...

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Stradale

He is playing with Gomez and Bourque lately.. and that is somehow our fourth line. When that line starts clicking, it could easily be our 2nd line. I always hated to see Gomez and AK but they seem to like each other so maybe with time they will create some chemistry.

Also, at least AK is getting some PP lately.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Pleky Roks

Cunneyworth needs to stop changing the lines every shift....he needs to start dressing 12 forwards and 6 defence and he needs to give Plekanec and Kostitsyn more icetime with decent linemates. He also needs to stop playing Darche....there is nobody worse in the NHL than Darche!!!

Try these lines and leave them together for more than 1 shift.

Patches - DD - Cole
Kostitsyn - Pleks - LeBlanc
Bourque - Eller - Moen/Palushaj
Darche - Gomez - Palushaj/Moen

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Weber
Campoli - Diaz
Gill

I'd also like to see Gomez getting more icetime with better wingers too. And the faster PG can trade Moen and Gill away....the better. I like Moen but I doubt he'll stick around so get what you can for him. Gill.....well he's just plain painful to watch....ship him out to the Flyers for a prospect or a 2nd rounder.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
I think your record is broken. Might want to fix it.
The only way posts of the dogmatic patofqc show up on my screen is if somebody bothers to answer him. Try not to the next time or else put him on your ignore list (as I did). Eventually he'll wonder why all his strident, repetitious, unthinking posts go unanswered.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:10 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

My only concern is that the limited icetime has killed AK's offensive swaaaaagggg

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Will you stop repeating that statement on every single thread? Stop repeating what the french media puts in your head and start being objective ffs.

I understand that Cunneyworth wants to put a checking line to play against the opposition's best line (Darche-Plekanec-Moen) but I think the line should be Bourque-Plekanec-Moen/Darche and then put Kostitsyn-Eller-Leblanc (as another line that can produce with DD's line)...and have a 4th line of Darche/Moen-Gomez-Rotating winger.

If we can win by putting Plekanec as a shutting line and have Pac-DD-Cole Kosty-Eller-Leblanc scoring our goals, I'm all for it.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Undertakerqc

This guy will ask too much for what he is worth. He hasnt become a good offensive player, and his defensive side his not is strong point. A 15 goal guy that has tough time defending aint worth much

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Kirk Muller

I dont mind akosts but people need to be serious here. He is a 40-45 point player who is freakishly inconsistent. Which means a coach has to try and judge and play Akosts lots on his "on" days and be leery of him on his off games. His ice time has dropped slightly under Cunneyworth. If my calculations are correct, under Martin just shy of 16 minutes a night, and under Cunneyworth around 15:30 a night.

He is a third liner with burst of offense. In terms of ice time, he is right where he should be.

Kirk Muller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:32 PM
billy piton

darche 20 min per game

rc sucks! if martin was still here we would hold a playoff spot.

billy piton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

What I find most appalling is Bourque, on the other hand, has been getting 18 mins on avg and has been a no-show for pretty much all of those since he's been here.

I think AK is done here to be honest, and we might as well deal him since there's no point in having him play 12-14 mins of ice-time per game. Sign a PK/2-way guy that can net 25-35 points in the offseason and you've pretty much filled the gap.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
I dont mind akosts but people need to be serious here. He is a 40-45 point player who is freakishly inconsistent. Which means a coach has to try and judge and play Akosts lots on his "on" days and be leery of him on his off games. His ice time has dropped slightly under Cunneyworth. If my calculations are correct, under Martin just shy of 16 minutes a night, and under Cunneyworth around 15:30 a night.

He is a third liner with burst of offense. In terms of ice time, he is right where he should be.
On a good, healthy team, Kostitsyn can get 3rd line minutes. On the Habs, with Gionta injured, he should be top 6 at evens. The problem is that Darche, Leblanc and Moen have been getting more 5v5 minutes than Kostitsyn.

Roulin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
On a good, healthy team, Kostitsyn can get 3rd line minutes. On the Habs, with Gionta injured, he should be top 6 at evens. The problem is that Darche, Leblanc and Moen have been getting more 5v5 minutes than Kostitsyn.
Or coaches believes he hurts you the more he plays or against tougher competition. Its been like this for Kostitsyn's entire career. All the coaches he has went through seem to be seeing the same thing. I cant tell you necessarily what they see that the fans dont, but we arent talking simply one coach who has played him this way.

Kirk Muller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
Before JM got fired, he was using AK alot! Double shifting him sometimes and giving him alot of icetime...If I remember correctly he was even playing him on the point on the PP (I was surprised that JM was actually confident with AK's game)

Now that Cunneyworth became the head coach, I find he is using AK less and less. Hell...he even puts him on the 4th line...

I'd personally like to see him play on the top 6 with Pleks and Bourque instead of Darche. Or keep him with Eller and give them more icetime.

Any thoughts?
The only thing Cunneyworth does wrong, or fails to realize, is that Kostitsyn loves playing with Eller. Period. It's weird but, when AK plays with Plekanec, he plays less aggressive--it's like he changes his mentality completely when he goes from a bottom 6 to top 6 role. I think it works well when he plays with Eller because he sees it as an offensive 3rd line. If the coaches can somehow get him to understand that there is no difference between any line, and that aggressive forecheck pretty much always equals success, then I think he could really come into his own. I just find he plays too passive when he plays with other periphery types.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Edgy

Quote:
This guy will ask too much for what he is worth. He hasnt become a good offensive player, and his defensive side his not is strong point. A 15 goal guy that has tough time defending aint worth much
Might want to read this thread --> http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ght=money+bomb that has him saying he's willing to take a discount to stay here. But why let facts get in your way.

Edgy is offline   Reply With Quote