HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

First away game

Old
02-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Shrimper
WinItFor#58

vCash: 50
First away game

I've been to a game before between the New York Rangers - Washington Capitals last year in the play-offs at MSG but I'm flying over for the game between the Pittsburgh Penguins - New York Rangers at MSG and was wondering what it's like for away fans in general and at MSG? Should I wear anything Pittsburgh related or should I keep my colours covered?

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
I've been to a game before between the New York Rangers - Washington Capitals last year in the play-offs at MSG but I'm going to a game between the Pittsburgh Penguins - New York Rangers at MSG and was wondering what it's like for away fans in general and at MSG? Should I wear anything Pittsburgh related or should I keep my colours covered?
This ain't Philadelphia. Feel free to wear your jersey. Curious though, where are you sitting? Based on where you're sitting, wearing your jersey can be a 100% no problem. If you're up in the 400's, you'll get heckled.

02-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Shrimper
WinItFor#58

Not entirely sure where I'm sitting but I think it's the bottom of the second tier. I think I was in 300 and something last time. Will have to check.

Old
02-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

300's are fine. As long as you don't boast and ask for pain, you will not receive any. People might yell at you and say Crosby sucks, but they won't physically hurt you as long as you don't ask for it.

I went to my first away game last season in Washington (we won 6-0 ) and no one really bothered me. On the way out I had people yelling at me saying "Go back to Queens you ****ing ******!", but other than that I was fine.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

What was previously said is true. Long as you're not drunk and obnoxious, you should be golden. Pitt colors aren't a surprise at MSG, hell, I saw somebody wearing a Crosby sweater to a Rangers-Atlanta game.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 06:36 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
300's are fine. As long as you don't boast and ask for pain, you will not receive any. People might yell at you and say Crosby sucks, but they won't physically hurt you as long as you don't ask for it.

I went to my first away game last season in Washington (we won 6-0 ) and no one really bothered me. On the way out I had people yelling at me saying "Go back to Queens you ****ing ******!", but other than that I was fine.
Queens? We don't play in Queens lol. Shows how much Cap fans know.

02-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Shrimper
WinItFor#58

Good to know. I don't normally drink but you always get one ha.

Old
02-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Giacomin

You might get heckled a little bit but it is almost always verbally and very time. MSG has mellowed out over the years especially the "Blue Seats"

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 06:41 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Seriously don't think you should worry at the garden. When I see people in other gear there I could care less. I usually am happy as it is a sign of dedication to your team and the sport.

I'd say most people are pretty open. If your posting on this site chances are your not the guys whose gonna be a 12 pack deep screaming crap at people. You'll be fine

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 07:19 PM
arunnair87

Every team has those fans that are an embarrassment. Hopefully you don't sit next to them

In all seriousness, worst I've ever seen is after a playoff game vs. jersey that a fight broke out outside the garden. I would assume in a regular season game as long as you are not overly obnoxious, you should be ok.

arunnair87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie

vCash: 3000
As long as you keep your mouth shut, you can sit anywhere wearing a Pens jersey without getting hurt.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

NHL Standings Under Different Point Systems
Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:54 PM
McIlrathsWrath

You'll be fine and I don't get why everyone is saying to keep your mouth shut. Cheer for your team no one will do anything. You paidfor your tickets there is no reason not to enjoy it. I just went to an islander ranger game and there were all kinds of islander fans and ranger fans going back and forth in good fun. There is no need to be timid

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:57 PM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
As long as you keep your mouth shut, you can sit anywhere wearing a Pens jersey without getting hurt.
What are you the godfather? Keep your mouth shut and no one gets hurt?! Lmao. Sounds like a stick up.

Old
02-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Ih8theislanders

As long as you're not obnoxious you should never have any problems. May get some ribbing, and as much as you want to just try not to respond or just laugh it off and it'll stop there.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:08 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by McIlrathsWrath View Post
You'll be fine and I don't get why everyone is saying to keep your mouth shut. Cheer for your team no one will do anything. You paidfor your tickets there is no reason not to enjoy it. I just went to an islander ranger game and there were all kinds of islander fans and ranger fans going back and forth in good fun. There is no need to be timid
That's a little different because at Nassau Coliseum, the building is literally a 50-50 split. At MSG, you will never get a 50-50 split and any away fan will be severely outnumbered. But everyone's right, as long as you don't cheer loudly or be rude to others, nobody will bother you at MSG.

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 06:41 AM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
That's a little different because at Nassau Coliseum, the building is literally a 50-50 split. At MSG, you will never get a 50-50 split and any away fan will be severely outnumbered. But everyone's right, as long as you don't cheer loudly or be rude to others, nobody will bother you at MSG.
I was at msg. I find it much more hostile at nvmc btw.

Old
02-07-2012, 06:50 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by McIlrathsWrath View Post
What are you the godfather? Keep your mouth shut and no one gets hurt?! Lmao. Sounds like a stick up.
Lol I didn't mean it like that. I meant it as in don't go around talking ****. He can cheer all he wants, but just don't ask for trouble.

Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:31 AM
petejudge

unless you're loud and obnoxious you won't hear anything, but i was at the pens/rangers game last month (the 4-1 loss) and some pens fans around me in the 300s were hearin it pretty bad

petejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:40 AM
mahonistan*

Only fans in trouble at the garden are filthy fans. Especially back in the 80's and 90's there were some good filthy fan beat downs in the 400's

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote