HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Panthers @ Capitals. 7PM. Verizon Center. 2/7/12.

Old
02-08-2012, 12:10 PM
My Backstrom Hurts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOld View Post
huh? The game summary has it as 42-24. Caps were still out shot, but I thought most of them were pretty harmless.
Shots attempted includes shots blocked and missed as well as shots on goal.

My Backstrom Hurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:18 PM
LUUUUUIS
Bandwagoneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Currently, Washington has 28 wins versus Florida which has 24 wins. Caps have lost in OT 4 times where as Florida 11 times. Seems Florida has the tendency to have a lot more ties after 3 periods.

Goal differential: Caps currently at 0 with 149 goals for and 149 against, whereas Florida with a minus 18/-18 with 131 goals for and 149 against.

Head to head competition: Two games (home and away still remain). Washington at home has shut out the Panthers both times 3-0 and 4-0, while have lost to the Panthers in Florida 5-4 and 4-2, goal totals being 13-9 in favor of the Capitals.

Measuring the quality of a team purely by the points it has accrued can be a flawed gauge.
So qualification for the playoffs isn't based on quality? Or maybe only when it's a tie does the NHL look at the quality of a team.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:38 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

The whole SE sucks a turd. Not sure why this is even debatable. We're both the best of the ugly. Caps may be more hitable if their zit cream takes affect.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:42 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiluis View Post
Seeing as Washington has around the same amount of points as Florida. I am led to believe that Washington is that great either. Actually, since Florida has a game in hand, Washington is not as good as a team that isn't that great.

It was a battle of goalies, and Vokoun is definitely the better. Congrats on the win.
The difference being that Caps fans are embarrassed by our team's results and you seem rather pleased.

02-08-2012, 12:44 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
So qualification for the playoffs isn't based on quality? Or maybe only when it's a tie does the NHL look at the quality of a team.
Did you think the Habs were better than the Cats the year you guys got screwed by their shootout wins (or whatever it ended up being)?

Not asking if you thought either were good, but did you think the Habs were better?

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:49 PM
BiPolar Caps
Failure is an option

Quote:
Who mentioned playoffs?

I responded to your post "Seeing as Washington has around the same amount of points as Florida. I am led to believe that Washington is that great either. Actually, since Florida has a game in hand, Washington is not as good as a team that isn't that great". Doing my best to decipher, you were comparing the Panthers and the Capitals and said that they were about the same based on the points. I addressed other indicators that would suggest that's an incorrect premise on your part and that your use of strictly points to measure the quality of a team versus another team was flawed. If you are going to compare the teams, head to head play is your best gauge.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:20 AM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
The whole SE sucks a turd. Not sure why this is even debatable. We're both the best of the ugly. Caps may be more hitable if their zit cream takes affect.
Keep in mind though that we're playing right now without 2 of our best 4 players.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:45 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Keep in mind though that we're playing right now without 2 of our best 4 players.
Never heard of such a thing.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:47 AM
Carlzner
Game of Tanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
i would say... 2 out of 3....

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote