HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

River Rats Game Thread-10/22

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Star_Devil
Voros and Redlihs have both been playing well today. Very well indeed.
Does Redlihs have a chance to make the NHL?
I was going to say the same thing about Voros too, looks like we might have a nice gem on our hands with him.

10-22-2004, 08:51 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Puddy
Have you ever heard the Flyers' TV guys?

You are right. The whole broadcast of Devils at Islander games, including the pre-game, pays little attention to the Devils even though it is, in essence, a Devils broadcast as well. When the Devils host the Islanders, Doc, Chico, and Matt and the Maven spend good time discussing the Islanders.
I remember Ed Westphal and Ziggy McDonald I think, they were the worst ever, espicially Westphal. Biggest homer I ever heard.

Old
10-22-2004, 09:28 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Talk about refereeing a game to death.
so many weak penalty calls it completely killed the flow of the game.

speaking of voros, no one noticed he had a gordie howe hattrick!! his goal was nice, too. a redirection with his back to the net. obviously the turning point in the game, as it became a lot more entertaining after that.

suglobov's second goal was a beauty, a breakaway that had the whole arena on their feet as he was skating in. i see from the scoresheet that he had 10 shots on goal, which isn't surprising, considering how much powerplay time they had.

btw-if anyone's planning on ever coming up to see a game, next saturday would probably be a good choice as i think it's autograph night where all the players come on the ice after the game and sign stuff.

Old
10-22-2004, 09:32 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsgirl
Talk about refereeing a game to death.
so many weak penalty calls it completely killed the flow of the game.

speaking of voros, no one noticed he had a gordie howe hattrick!! his goal was nice, too. a redirection with his back to the net. obviously the turning point in the game, as it became a lot more entertaining after that.

suglobov's second goal was a beauty, a breakaway that had the whole arena on their feet as he was skating in. i see from the scoresheet that he had 10 shots on goal, which isn't surprising, considering how much powerplay time they had.

btw-if anyone's planning on ever coming up to see a game, next saturday would probably be a good choice as i think it's autograph night where all the players come on the ice after the game and sign stuff.
I'm gonna get up there eventually... but I'm in the midst of writing college apps and don't have time next weekend. Oh well.

Old
10-22-2004, 09:43 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

We're leading the AHL in PIMs. I think that's a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Puddy
Rats win 5-1

1st Star Aleksander Suglobov
2nd Star Aaron Voros
3rd Star Dean McAmmond
Redlihs was the third star, I believe.

Old
10-22-2004, 09:51 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Suglobov had atleast 2 posts that didn't count as shots. There was a reason I stayed up to listen to Alaska Fiarbanks games last year. Voros will be a future PF of the NHL. He now has 5 points in 4 games, Suglobov 7 in 4 and Parise with 5 in 4 games. Ahonen is going to prove why he was worth a 1st round pick by New Jersey, the guy is money under pressure.

Old
10-22-2004, 10:32 PM
David Puddy

Quote:
I disagree. I think Lou Lamoriello would also disagree.

Quote:
Redlihs was the third star, I believe.
I was listening to Bridgeport's Bill McLaughlin call the game. I probably misheard what he said. That certainly makes sense because Redlihs had 3 assists.

Old
10-23-2004, 06:48 AM
Devils Unseen Hand

Let me say this...that's a very good thing! It shows other teams that we're not gonna be pushed around like we've been in the past. We have a good number of up-in-coming stars on this team that cannot be wearing bulleyez for the other teams to target on. There has to be a sheriff on the team (Skrlac) but he'll also need deputies (Janssen, Clouthier, Varos, Hale, Schultz...even Rheaume if need be to show leadership.)

I like Robbie Ftorek's philosophy towards the team, "Either way...we'll beat the opposition on the ice."

Thatta boy Robbie!!!

PS ~ How bad does this suck that Fox Sports or ESPN haven't even attempted to pick up these games. Hell, I'd even use pay-per-view if need be. Especially when ESPN is showing Poker games & Iron Man competitions. That's awful!!!

Old
10-23-2004, 08:04 AM
4check22

Send a message via MSN to 4check22 Send a message via Yahoo to 4check22
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devils Repairman
PS ~ How bad does this suck that Fox Sports or ESPN haven't even attempted to pick up these games. Hell, I'd even use pay-per-view if need be. Especially when ESPN is showing Poker games & Iron Man competitions. That's awful!!!
Well, if you haven't noticed, hockey is the whipping boy in sports now that the lockout is in full effect. ESPN pretty much wants very little to do with hockey because they lose money every time they air a game. The booming years of the mid-to-late 90s are long gone. Get used to it.

Old
10-23-2004, 09:45 AM
Devils Unseen Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4check22
Well, if you haven't noticed, hockey is the whipping boy in sports now that the lockout is in full effect. ESPN pretty much wants very little to do with hockey because they lose money every time they air a game. The booming years of the mid-to-late 90s are long gone. Get used to it.
You mean to tell me that Poker & Iron Competitions make them more $$$ with advertisers than hockey? And that both of them have larger fan bases?

If that's so...the world has really gone astray from what a true sporting event really is!

Old
10-23-2004, 10:14 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devils Repairman
You mean to tell me that Poker & Iron Competitions make them more $$$ with advertisers than hockey? And that both of them have larger fan bases?

If that's so...the world has really gone astray from what a true sporting event really is!
Yeah sadly I think they are, hell women's softball got better ratings than the SC playoffs. ESPN is not shedding one tear over this strike, trust me.

Old
10-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Devils Unseen Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
Yeah sadly I think they are, hell women's softball got better ratings than the SC playoffs. ESPN is not shedding one tear over this strike, trust me.
Wow!!! Then I have only one thing to say to Bettman...

A very sad time for die-hard hockey fans!

Old
10-23-2004, 02:04 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise = The Future
http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1328

Devils/Rangers 1994 ECF games to be aired on MSG.

Thursday, November 11 / 8-10 PM
New Jersey at Rangers (5/17/94) ... Game 2, Eastern Conference Finals - Game 2

Thursday, November 18 / 8-10 PM
Rangers at New Jersey (5/19/94) - Game 3, Eastern Conference Finals (2 OT)

Thursday, November 25 / 8-10 PM
Rangers at New Jersey (5/25/94) ... Game 6, Eastern Conference Finals / Messier's Guarantee

Thursday, December 2 / 8-10 PM

New Jersey at Rangers (5/27/94) ... Game 7, Eastern Conference Finals (2 OT)
/ Stephane Matteau's goal lifts Rangers to Finals.

If I'm correct lost ever single game that the ******** are going to show. *sigh*

Old
10-23-2004, 02:31 PM
DevilFisch

Send a message via ICQ to DevilFisch Send a message via AIM to DevilFisch
Quote:
ESPN was also not shedding much about hockey. I was amazed they even aired the WCoH. And the most infuriating thing about it is that you almost need ESPN to support you if you want to get the games on TV and the game more notice.

I just miss hockey on TV. Stupid owners and players, they both knew damn well a lockout would bring nothing but pain; but noooooooooo. Couldn't agree. At least I can LISTEN to the AHL games.

Good win by the Rats, from what I read. Who's next?

Old
10-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Missionhockey

Quote:
If I'm correct lost ever single game that the ******** are going to show. *sigh*
Well did you really expect MSG to show a taped game which their team loses?

Closed Thread