HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Another Stick-swinging incident

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Rahan

vCash: 500
Another Stick-swinging incident

In french: http://www.rds.ca/lhjmq/chroniques/165286.html

Breault, last week, hit Stanislav Lascek to the head with a two-handed stick swing, and he gets 9 games. The hit was so hard that he broke his stick.

Perezhogin got 1 year for the same kind of incident.. yay. Not the same league, but still the same kind of incident. This all reminds me how too severe I think the suspension handed to Perezhogin was. Half a season, maybe... and Breault's 9 games is too low.

What'd yall think?

Old
10-22-2004, 08:23 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Suspensions are handed down on the amount of damage, not the actual incident.
If Perez had given the other guy a gash and knocked out a few teeth he would have gotten maybe a few games. If Bertuzzi hadn't knocked out moore and broken his spine he would have gotten two games for the same incident. Its sad to say, but people only care when people get hurt.

Old
10-22-2004, 08:26 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Bloulain was involved in another stick-swinging incident about a week ago I think

Old
10-22-2004, 08:28 PM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
Bloulain was involved in another stick-swinging incident about a week ago I think
Blouin. Please don't butcher my last name. :p

Old
10-22-2004, 08:55 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan

Breault, last week, hit Stanislav Lascek to the head with a two-handed stick swing, and he gets 9 games. The hit was so hard that he broke his stick.

Perezhogin got 1 year for the same kind of incident.. yay. Not the same league, but still the same kind of incident. This all reminds me how too severe I think the suspension handed to Perezhogin was. Half a season, maybe... and Breault's 9 games is too low.

What'd yall think?
i read the article and i didn't see anything about the fact that he hit the head ,neither about a two-handed swing...

they just talk about a guy who hit another one and that the stick has broken with the impact

Old
10-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
i read the article and i didn't see anything about the fact that he hit the head ,neither about a two-handed swing...

they just talk about a guy who hit another one and that the stick has broken with the impact
http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_fr/index...d_nouvelle=523

There you go.

Old
10-22-2004, 09:02 PM
Bileur

Seems to me that if the stick breaks it would hurt less.

Old
10-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
And guess what...Stanislav Lascek leads the league in points (30 in 15 games)

Old
10-23-2004, 01:41 PM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Who will be the first to make the "favoritism towards a French player" claim?

Old
10-24-2004, 03:17 PM
PEI Hockey Factor

Those sticks break with very little effort and though I know the stick was high there are 2 factors I'd look at.

1. Breault has never had any suspensions before and is not known for this type of play.
2. Lascek is a show boat and sometimes you get what's due to ya.

He got his again a few nights later when Shaw knocked his ass out with one of the best hits I've seen in a long time.

www.hockeyjunior.com/shaw_lascek.wmv

Old
10-24-2004, 03:52 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI Hockey Factor
Those sticks break with very little effort and though I know the stick was high there are 2 factors I'd look at.

1. Breault has never had any suspensions before and is not known for this type of play.

He got his again a few nights later when Shaw knocked his ass out with one of the best hits I've seen in a long time.

Nice hit!!!!

Old
10-24-2004, 04:02 PM
Rahan

Quote:

1. Perezhogin's record was clean too, and he still got 1 year.. Breault, 9 games??

2. How is Lascek a showboat? He just plays the game, and happens to put up a lot of points. I don't think it's a reason to tomahawk him to the head.

Old
10-24-2004, 06:14 PM
PEI Hockey Factor

Quote:
1. Perezhogin's record was clean too, and he still got 1 year.. Breault, 9 games??

2. How is Lascek a showboat? He just plays the game, and happens to put up a lot of points. I don't think it's a reason to tomahawk him to the head.
1. Perezhogin's suspension is the product of the AHL ****ting the bed. It was a reaction to take a chop, I'm sure he didn't know it was the guys face. Had it been in the ankle like it was intended for then he would have received nothing.

2. Lascek came to Charlottetown and jumped around on the ice when he scored the 5th goal, making it like 5-1 , like it was a game 7 ot winner. Max Lapierre gave him a going over that night for rubbing our noses in it. Better if he misses the next trip to Charlottetown.

Old
10-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
Nice hit!!!!
I can't see the link

Old
10-24-2004, 07:36 PM
Habs4Life

vCash: 666
Quote:

What'd yall think?
If Perez hadn't of hurt stafford he would of only been handed a 9 game suspension...

Old
10-24-2004, 08:05 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:

i am very sorry to say that, but i am sure that it explain a lot about his long suspension ;

perezhogin is a russian

:mad:

Old
10-24-2004, 11:47 PM
Guriken

Quote:
[...]
2. Lascek came to Charlottetown and jumped around on the ice when he scored the 5th goal, making it like 5-1 , like it was a game 7 ot winner. Max Lapierre gave him a going over that night for rubbing our noses in it. Better if he misses the next trip to Charlottetown.
So he can't celebrate his goals? man 4-1 is not a sure win in the LHJMQ. And it doesn't explain the stick swinging incident, he was on a breakaway and the guy hit him on the head. The problem is other teams struggle to stop Lascek so they use the old bad way. It's the same thing that happens to Crosby but he is so well known... nobody wants to go too hard on him, else if someone injure him, there are risks that this player will have troubles in the Q after that.

Old
10-25-2004, 06:42 AM
PEI Hockey Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guriken
So he can't celebrate his goals?

Celebrate like you respect your opponent. The goal that makes it 3-2 is different then the goal that puts you up by 4.

Old
10-25-2004, 07:52 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
You shouldn't showboat anyway, weither it is a GW or the last goal in a blowout. Show class in all situations.

Old
10-25-2004, 08:12 AM
littleD

Send a message via MSN to littleD
Quote:
Thanks Don Cherry. What a dumbass comment. No one is "due" to be hit over the head with a stick, no matter how hard the stick is swung.

Old
10-25-2004, 10:43 AM
ShootOut

Send a message via ICQ to ShootOut Send a message via MSN to ShootOut
Quote:

That's not a great hit, that's a penalty. Made with an intention to hurt, I don't know, probably not; but it's not a pretty footage.

Old
10-25-2004, 09:50 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootOut
That's not a great hit, that's a penalty. Made with an intention to hurt, I don't know, probably not; but it's not a pretty footage.

Sorry but that's a clean hit on a guy with his head down.....maybe you'd rather watch some ballet footage?

Old
10-25-2004, 09:55 PM
ShootOut

Send a message via ICQ to ShootOut Send a message via MSN to ShootOut
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
Sorry but that's a clean hit on a guy with his head down.....maybe you'd rather watch some ballet footage?
With such great company as you, I would be foolish to decline, lollipop.

Old
10-25-2004, 11:12 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
What really sickens me is that they learned nothing from the Bertuzzi incident last year. It'll probably keep escalating until someone gets hurt then we'll a huge suspension. They should treat any stick swinging incident like it knocked the other guy out in a bloody fashion. Hitting someone in a brutal way is bad enough but hitting the guy in the head with a stick...that's something else entirely.

Closed Thread