HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Tons of scraps tonight

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2004, 10:08 PM
Cropduster

vCash: 500
Tons of scraps tonight

anyone see any that were good?

Old
10-22-2004, 10:09 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

No. I heard Bergeron finally fought!

Old
10-22-2004, 10:13 PM
Cropduster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
No. I heard Bergeron finally fought!
was he suppose to fight regularly? I dont mean this sarcastically, just wondering

Old
10-22-2004, 10:21 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropduster
was he suppose to fight regularly? I dont mean this sarcastically, just wondering
No, it was just surprising.

Old
10-22-2004, 10:37 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt

I was listening to The WB/S-Norfolk game. David Koci and Mike Brown got into it, and from what I heard, Brown pasted him. Quintin Laing and Darcy Robinson also scrapped, but it must have been pretty minor, because I didn't hear much about it.

Kris Beech also recieved a 10 minute "Obscene Language Misconduct"

Old
10-22-2004, 11:27 PM
kurt
the last emperor

I see Eric Godard dropped the mitts tonight with Bridgeport. Where does he rank in the world of AHL heavyweights?

Old
10-23-2004, 12:45 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I watched Ivanans destroy Cote of the Phantoms. I really felt bad for Cote, he was getting smacked around badly, then threw a cheap shot after the refs stepped in, I thought Ivanans was going to kill Cote after that. Good thing he got tossed.

Old
10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
paxtang

Ivanans did indeed beat down Cote. Big size disadvantage there, and Ivanans is a bad, bad man. Thank god Fedoruk is coming to the Phantoms.

Old
10-23-2004, 05:02 AM
clefty
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindWillyMcHurt
I was listening to The WB/S-Norfolk game. David Koci and Mike Brown got into it, and from what I heard, Brown pasted him. Quintin Laing and Darcy Robinson also scrapped, but it must have been pretty minor, because I didn't hear much about it.

Kris Beech also recieved a 10 minute "Obscene Language Misconduct"
Laing pulled Robinson's hair, then Robinson gave him a nice beatdown. The Koci fight was the first time to my recollection that David Koci lost a fight that badly.

I'm itching for the Penguins to unleash little Pascal Morency. I'd love to see how he does against a few of the leagues best.

I also want to see this Ivanans fellow as well. Is he a guy who just "wins" his fights, that is, does he just grapple and overpower guys with brute strength like Brashear or does he actually go out and throw bombs and destroy his opponents?

Last edited by clefty: 10-23-2004 at 05:10 AM.
Old
10-23-2004, 06:24 AM
HockeyGoddess

From a fan who was at the P-Bruins/Lock Monsters game:

"When push comes to shove -- again and again and again -- they constantly pushed and shoved, and decided to shove back tonight. Yep, when tough guys and annoyers, Brad Fast, Jim Henkel and Craig MacDonald all hit, whacked or whatever, Patrice, Jay and Andy (after having done so, continually last Saturday night) all three of them just lost it. It began with Brent Thompson and Richie Regehr (think that is who he fought), and then the other six all went at it. I don't think any of the Lowell players expected them (especially Patrice or Andy) to fight, but they did. And, my gosh, Patrice was pounding the ever-living crap out of his dance partner. I was shocked!

It stunk to lose Patrice and Jay for the rest of the game, but our scoring depth is so good, that we were able to score and score and score. Oh, congrats to Brad Boyes on his first hat trick of the P-Bruins season tonight!

Also, the best part is we got three of their enforcers off the ice!"

Old
10-23-2004, 06:34 AM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
From a fan who was at the P-Bruins/Lock Monsters game:

"When push comes to shove -- again and again and again -- they constantly pushed and shoved, and decided to shove back tonight. Yep, when tough guys and annoyers, Brad Fast, Jim Henkel and Craig MacDonald all hit, whacked or whatever, Patrice, Jay and Andy (after having done so, continually last Saturday night) all three of them just lost it. It began with Brent Thompson and Richie Regehr (think that is who he fought), and then the other six all went at it. I don't think any of the Lowell players expected them (especially Patrice or Andy) to fight, but they did. And, my gosh, Patrice was pounding the ever-living crap out of his dance partner. I was shocked!

It stunk to lose Patrice and Jay for the rest of the game, but our scoring depth is so good, that we were able to score and score and score. Oh, congrats to Brad Boyes on his first hat trick of the P-Bruins season tonight!

Also, the best part is we got three of their enforcers off the ice!"
Craig MacDonald an enforcer ??? Please.

Not sure about Fast & Henkel as they must be Canes property but MacDonald is certainly no enforcer.

Old
10-23-2004, 06:42 AM
HockeyGoddess

Fast and Henkel are definitely tough little bastidges...

Old
10-23-2004, 07:21 AM
HellsBells

Quote:
What was the final score ?? How did Chuck Kobasew look for the Monsters ?? Also, who was in nets for Lowell, Ward or Krahn ??

Thanks.

Old
10-23-2004, 10:48 AM
ThememanXX
It's a hockey night!

Send a message via AIM to ThememanXX
What happened in Binghamton with Bonvie and McGrattan??

Hershey - Dennis Bonvie - (Roughing), 2 min, 10:46
Hershey - Dennis Bonvie - (Fighting (Off the Ice) Misconduct), 10 min, 10:46
Binghamton - Brian McGrattan - (Roughing), 2 min, 10:46
Binghamton - Brian McGrattan - (Fighting (Off the Ice) Misconduct), 10 min, 10:46

Old
10-23-2004, 10:53 AM
shoyen

Send a message via ICQ to shoyen
Moose vs RoadRunners

Did anyone watch the Moose vs Runners game? I see that big Brent Henley and Wade Brookbank scrapped. Im very interested in how that one turned out. Those are two very large men!

Old
10-23-2004, 11:34 AM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Nick Bootland laid out a Houston player (Reitz) and Erskine came right after him. 2 for instigator, 5 fighting, 10 min. Bootland was mainly trying to be defensive, since Erskine had size on him. I think Bootland caught him once.

I'm also wondering about that Bonvie-McGrattan tussle.

Old
10-24-2004, 04:03 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Ryan Flynn knocked Tim Gleason(his teamate) on his ass(accidentally)

Then he kicked the crap out of one of the Grizzlies'(I don't know who)

10-24-2004, 04:34 AM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX
Binghamton - Brian McGrattan - (Roughing), 2 min, 10:46
Binghamton - Brian McGrattan - (Fighting (Off the Ice) Misconduct), 10 min, 10:46
I remember McGrattan Had a try out for the Detroit Red Wings. I wont say the wings were High on him, but he had Size, Physical presence, and a wee bit of scoring touch. The wings WANTED him to succeed.

IN the prospect tournament in Traverse City he, in Full Stride, Skated up and Cross Checked somebody right in the jaw. Im not sure which team it was, as there were 3 or 4 other teams there. But needless to say the WIngs didnt sign him.

Old
10-24-2004, 05:14 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Ryan Flynn knocked Tim Gleason(his teamate) on his ass(accidentally)

Then he kicked the crap out of one of the Grizzlies'(I don't know who)
Doug Doull. Flinn won easily.

Old
10-24-2004, 08:17 AM
Satan's Hockey

I saw a great fight last night in Hershey, Denis Bonvie and Josh Gratton had a great fight they just pounded each other

Old
10-24-2004, 09:40 AM
SadMonstersFan

Quote:
What utter nonsense!

You clearly don't know anything about the Lock Monsters players. Fast and Henkel rarely even fought last year and certainly didn't "start" anything.

Orr was so mad about losing the fight to Brantt Myhres on opening night, he was skating around bashing everything in sight. He's a disgusting pig and Walsh is no better.

As for the fight between Orr and Commodore, that was clearly a premeditated assault and if it happened in Lowell, Orr would have been removed from the rink in the Paddy Wagon.

Ryan Fraser completely lost control of the game.

Old
10-24-2004, 02:59 PM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadMonstersFan
What utter nonsense!

You clearly don't know anything about the Lock Monsters players. Fast and Henkel rarely even fought last year and certainly didn't "start" anything.

Orr was so mad about losing the fight to Brantt Myhres on opening night, he was skating around bashing everything in sight. He's a disgusting pig and Walsh is no better.

As for the fight between Orr and Commodore, that was clearly a premeditated assault and if it happened in Lowell, Orr would have been removed from the rink in the Paddy Wagon.

Ryan Fraser completely lost control of the game.
When I say "tough little bastidges", I don't necessarily mean they are pugilistic heavyweights... a player can be very tough without being a goon. They hit well and often, and annoy the other teams' players. Thanks for assuming what I meant, when you clearly didn't. Please don't attempt to read my mind or put words at the tips of my fingers.

When Orr and Myhres fought last Saturday night, it was pretty much a draw. Orr had Myhres pretty good for the first two-thirds of the fight, then Myhres got the upper hand and the takedown.

Given that Providence lose in a shootout to the Lock Monsters the previous time they'd met, there appeared to be quite a bit of unfinished business (in the minds of the P-Bruins) that they decided to finish this past Friday evening.

As for Orr being a disgusting pig... one team's pugilist is another team's disgusting pig. Interestingly enough, P-Bruins (and Boston Bruins fans) generally felt that way about Myhres... when he was PART of the Bruins organization. Glad he's not our problem anymore.

To the person who asked what the final score was, it was 6-2 in favor of Providence. I'd have to go look at the boxscore to see who was in net for Lowell. I wasn't at the game... my initial post on the matter was what a friend had emailed to me. She was at the game.

Old
10-24-2004, 04:16 PM
paxtang

Quote:
When I say "tough little bastidges", I don't necessarily mean they are pugilistic heavyweights... a player can be very tough without being a goon. They hit well and often, and annoy the other teams' players. Thanks for assuming what I meant, when you clearly didn't. Please don't attempt to read my mind or put words at the tips of my fingers.
I agree with you with everything except this. I read what you wrote as those two guys were good fighters, and the fact that the P Bruins held their own was an accomplisment. I think if you didn't mean that tough little bastidges had no reference to fighting, when that was what the original conversation was about, you should have specified. Just my opinion.

Old
10-24-2004, 08:15 PM
SadMonstersFan

Nice to see you explain yourself, g-ddess. I can agree with most of what you said in your most recent post. But that first homer post you shared was more than a little inflammatory and you didn't make any corrections to it. Read it again and think how it played to other people, followed by you calling two of the least pugilistic, most hard-working guys "bastidges". You call someone a bastidge, it's not kindly meant. Try using "chippy" as a less derogatory term.

But let's get it straight. Fast and Henkel aren't goons. There's a huge difference between "willing to defend themselves if they must" and goons. Likewise if they were big pests -- let's pick a good example from neither team, Portland's Darcy Verot; I think you'll agree he's the kind of pest one loves if he's on one's team and resents if he's not? -- they'd have accumulated more than 35 total PIM (Fast) and 10 total PIM (Henkel) last season just because other teams' players would be picking fights with them. Those frequent-flyer minors do add up.

Of course they can't afford to turtle when their noses, teeth, and jaws are on the line. When someone assaults them, they're going to defend themselves. That's just survival in pro hockey.

And I'll freely grant that Brantt Myhres isn't on the roster for his playmaking, though he wasn't on the roster Friday night so don't blame him for what happened. Some of the more knowledgeable Monsters fans think he is too much of a goon to take up a roster spot. But in the AHL it's impossible to last the season without an enforcer. If Brantt can stand up to the big beasts on a regular basis, I'll gladly cheer him on. I won't defend him blindly against all comers, though I'm sure some of his teammates are glad to have him take the bruises. Oh, and BTW, before you malign him further, the last time he served in the Providence goon gang, 2002-2003, he racked up a wimpy 185 PIM to go with 3 goals and 10 assists over 63 games. Maybe he won't be a wasted roster spot after all.

By the same standards, I stand by what I said about Orr and Walsh. Disgusting pigs, no matter what team's jersey they wear. Walsh (281 PIM) was the penalty minutes King in the Atlantic division, just a shade ahead of Trevor Gillies (277), and Orr was nagging along in third (257 PIM). Hartford's Martin Grenier (250) and Jeff Paul (212) were only with the team part-time, Manchester's Joe Rullier had a paltry 186 PIM, Lowell's Joey Tetarenko (167 PIM) wasn't particularly effective, Worcester's Steve McLaren was barely there (146 PIM), and Portland's big bruiser was Mel Angelstad (118 PIM).

Here are the team PIMs from last season, just for kicks.

Hartford ......... 1632
Springfield ...... 1549
Manchester .... 1438
Worcester ...... 1358
Lowell ........... 1301
Providence ..... 1186
Portland ......... 1127

Looky there, wimpy Lowell had more penalties than Providence. Which means Walsh and Orr were the heavy muscle on their team by a huge margin. I have to admire Walsh's 17 points (10 and 7) -- he plays dirty but he does score -- but Orr's 5 (1 and 4) looks worse than Myhres' 2002-03 numbers and not even as good as Tetarenko's 7 (1 and 6). So I have reason for saying Walsh and Orr are disgusting pigs, beyond the fact that they don't play for any team I care to support.

Now, if you had said Rourke was a b****** for boarding Andy Hilbert on opening night, I'd have had to point to his 3-game suspension and say the AHL didn't like it either. I saw it and I was shocked, I never thought Rourke would do something like that. Likewise I was shocked in the preseason game in Nashua when Colin Forbes knocked the Monarchs goalie flying. In both cases, I just hope it was a mistake.

As for reading your mind, SAY WHAT YOU MEAN.

Old
10-24-2004, 10:20 PM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
I agree with you with everything except this. I read what you wrote as those two guys were good fighters, and the fact that the P Bruins held their own was an accomplisment. I think if you didn't mean that tough little bastidges had no reference to fighting, when that was what the original conversation was about, you should have specified. Just my opinion.
I quoted what someone who was at the game said. *I* didn't say they were Lowell's enforcers, just that they were tough little bastidges.

Closed Thread