HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Purpose Trade Rumors and Speculation Thread Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
I have St. Louis on a do over since the arrival of Hitch. Hitch is not as ignorant as the previous coach. I also throw out the first game vs. the Yotes as Tippett hadn't had time to get everyone on board for his system. Trap teams take a bit of time to get their game going.

I don't think any goalie will have stellar numbers with Chicago, but I do think Crawford is that bad. Backup or worse on most teams. A better goalie would help them. I agree that they will give up goals but they are also more capable of scoring than any other playoff-bound team. They can turn games into track meets.

I am more concerned with the shotclock in more recent games. I am really interested in the score-tied shotclock as the Sharks have shown that they can generate shots in great abundance when behind. I turn off my shotclock watching once there is a two goal differential, either way.
Even throwing out the third game of the year, the Sharks still outshot St. Louis 24-19 in the one game they've had against them.

Even throwing out the first game against the Yotes, they haven't been able to keep the Sharks under 30 shots.

As for Chicago, look who is available on the goalie market. Khabibulin and Nabokov pretty much head the class. Neither are going to do well in that setup.

Old
02-11-2012, 10:24 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Even throwing out the third game of the year, the Sharks still outshot St. Louis 24-19 in the one game they've had against them.

Even throwing out the first game against the Yotes, they haven't been able to keep the Sharks under 30 shots.

As for Chicago, look who is available on the goalie market. Khabibulin and Nabokov pretty much head the class. Neither are going to do well in that setup.
I am not looking at shotclock differential so much as shots generated and score-tied shots. 24 is not a good total for the Sharks unless it is a blowout in their favor early. I use it as an indicator, not a raw stat. It comes from seeing which teams are consistently stopping the Sharks forecheck.

Agree that neither Nabby nor the Wall would work for the Hawks. Nabby wouldn't have any groin left after playing for them. I was thinking under the radar, Giggy. Giggy wouldn't blow himself up under the potential load. Giggy is more a Niemi-type goalie. Don't give much chance for Giggy happening for the Hawks, but you never know. Hiller and Bryz are a couple of others of that ilk although I don't know that they are playing that well this year.

Old
02-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
I am not looking at shotclock differential so much as shots generated and score-tied shots. 24 is not a good total for the Sharks unless it is a blowout in their favor early. I use it as an indicator, not a raw stat. It comes from seeing which teams are consistently stopping the Sharks forecheck.

Agree that neither Nabby nor the Wall would work for the Hawks. Nabby wouldn't have any groin left after playing for them. I was thinking under the radar, Giggy. Giggy wouldn't blow himself up under the potential load. Giggy is more a Niemi-type goalie. Don't give much chance for Giggy happening for the Hawks, but you never know. Hiller and Bryz are a couple of others of that ilk although I don't know that they are playing that well this year.
I agree it's not a good total for them but it's relative to what they're giving up as well. As much as they were stymied in that game against the Blues, the Blues didn't get much of anything in that game either. They got a power play goal late in the first and didn't generate anything after that. That's not a recipe to beat a team in a seven game series. Tomorrow's game will be a better indicator of where both teams are at against each other although St. Louis will be on the back end of a back-to-back.

Old
02-11-2012, 10:36 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Vancouver has so much speed on the blue-line that the chip-and-chase game pretty much becomes useless.
Yeah, and we saw what happens if we catch any injuries in the playoffs. (which will happen)

Old
02-11-2012, 10:46 PM
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck

Quote:

Now that would make me Hiller to Chicago (and worse, Nabby to Detroit also)

Old
02-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan View Post
Now that would make me Hiller to Chicago (and worse, Nabby to Detroit also)
At least with Nabokov, the team should know what to do. Aim between the wickets for glory. lol

Old
02-11-2012, 10:52 PM
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
At least with Nabokov, the team should know what to do. Aim between the wickets for glory. lol
Too bad the Sharks like to aim center-chest!

Old
02-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
I think Cooter would win that series on his own. lol

Old
02-12-2012, 12:36 AM
bleedteal12

Quote:

Gigučre's not going anywhere. With Varlamov playing very mediocre (he was very good tonight, except for those three he let in), Gigučre's been keeping the Avs in a lot of games. No way are they going to let him go elsewhere.

Old
02-12-2012, 10:34 AM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmarleautime View Post
Gigučre's not going anywhere. With Varlamov playing very mediocre (he was very good tonight, except for those three he let in), Gigučre's been keeping the Avs in a lot of games. No way are they going to let him go elsewhere.
Giguere's importance to the Avs goes far beyond the win / loss column, as far as I know, the Avs don't have a full time goalie coach and Giggy is about as good at it gets to help a guy like Varlamov who desparately needs it. I don't think they'd make the mistake of trading him (though, they're track record of trades recently isn't great).

I can't imagine the Blackhawks will pick up a goalie, and it won't be Khabby (2 year contract) or Nabby (NYI said they don't want to move him)...Harding could be an option if Minn decides to move him but I'm not sure he'd help all that much.

Back to rumors, Andy Sutton is reportedly going to sign a 1 year extension so there's one more d-man off the market, not that the Sharks would've been interested.

Old
02-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

vCash: 990
Quote:
If the Sharks ever play against a goalie with a hole in the middle of his chest, we're going to get some major goalage.

Old
02-12-2012, 02:25 PM
VerySuperFamous

I'd really like to see Downie or Bailey but I doubt we'd be able to get either at value to us(I see both as 3rd liners who could play 2nd if needed).

Oh and sorry to post this here but does anyone know why I can respond to threads but not create any? Do I need a certain amount of activity or was it a mistake or what?

Old
02-12-2012, 04:19 PM
sharkbite3
blood in the water

It's not a mistake. I believe you need a certain amount of posts before you can create threads.

Old
02-12-2012, 04:45 PM
VerySuperFamous

Alright, thanks.

Old
02-12-2012, 07:31 PM
TealManV
A man has said

If the Sharks could acquire only one of the following at the deadline, who would you want? Ray Whitney, Ryan Smyth or Teemu Selanne?

Old
02-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealManV View Post
If the Sharks could acquire only one of the following at the deadline, who would you want? Ray Whitney, Ryan Smyth or Teemu Selanne?
Teemu, easily.

Old
02-12-2012, 07:59 PM
SharksAddict

Quote:

Shane Doan

Between those 3.....Whitney.

Old
02-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Inub0i
For the Alliance!

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:
Wizard!

Old
02-12-2012, 08:45 PM
TealManV
A man has said

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksAddict View Post
Shane Doan

Between those 3.....Whitney.
I forgot all about Cowboy Doan. It's just so strange to think about him on another team.

Old
02-13-2012, 06:12 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

watching sportscenter, the pannel comes on, and pierre lebrun says that the sharks dont know what they have in havlat, and are looking for a top 6, and have strong interest in ray whitney and temmu selenne.

didnt give the expected return for either though.

Old
02-13-2012, 06:18 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloweForbidzYou View Post
watching sportscenter, the pannel comes on, and pierre lebrun says that the sharks dont know what they have in havlat, and are looking for a top 6, and have strong interest in ray whitney and temmu selenne.

didnt give the expected return for either though.
LeBrun has been saying this for a little while now...problem is, neither of those guys are available right now and there's really only a slight possibility either will be in 2 weeks.

Would be pretty happy to get either, assuming they can be had for fair value, but I just don't know that either will be traded.

Old
02-13-2012, 07:37 PM
sjshrky27

I really dont think Whitney will be traded. Dude is arguably the best player on the team right now. And the Yotes are fighting for a playoff spot...

Old
02-13-2012, 08:10 PM
skilks
This is nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post
I really dont think Whitney will be traded. Dude is arguably the best player on the team right now. And the Yotes are fighting for a playoff spot...
That organization is such an unfortunate mess. If they had ownership they could become buyers and get much stronger than they are.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:16 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Selanne

Whitney

Smyth

Old
02-13-2012, 09:22 PM
bigwillie

Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Selanne

Whitney

Smyth
Mine's the exact same, except the gap between Whitney and Smyth would be comically, annoyingly large. Like you would be pissed off at having to scroll for so long.

Closed Thread