HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting Info: Part XII (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2012, 02:28 PM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Anyone want to point out the irony of him being with Ottawa?

In Ottawa they have the exact same thing happen when playing Toronto and Montreal.
I can't imagine it ever being as bad as... the... Penguins game.

Old
07-29-2012, 02:33 PM
bizzz*

EspenK, Crede777, Matthew - thank you for clarification. That sounded weird for me. And I agree it didn't sound as a shot at the fans. Any player would have been frustrated playing in the home barn like on the road.
What I like about Methot's comment - it shows that players care about fan's support.

Old
07-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Honestly, I hold that more against Garrioch than I do Methot.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
07-29-2012, 06:51 PM
db2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
It's a classic self defense mechanism.

It's similar to "no offense, but" or "I'm not racist, but"...

Usually when somebody says that before making their point, it means somebody is going to get offended, etc.
It's not like that at all. There's a difference between your two examples.

"No offense, but there usually alot of opposing fans in the seats for big matchups"... no offense because even though what I said is true, you're going to take offense to it.

"I'm not racist, but xxxxes are terrible workers". I'm not racist to encode the very thing I'm about to say as racist.

Methot gushed about the city and the fans when he was traded. No cause to suspect he was lying. Way to get oversensitive.

Old
07-29-2012, 06:57 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Thank goodness I don't have to listen to our acknowledge Methot's existence any more. I generally don't like what comes out of his mouth when he talks. His statement was accurate, but unnecessary.

That's a pretty impressive box jump Methot had there.

Old
07-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
No one cares (or should care) what that cross-eyed fat**** ****sucker has to say. I rank his opinion on hockey somewhere between that of late grandmother and the raving derelict on the on-ramp off Cooke Rd.

The derelict probably drools on himself a bit less, as well.

Old
07-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
No one cares (or should care) what that cross-eyed fat**** ****sucker has to say. I rank his opinion on hockey somewhere between that of late grandmother and the raving derelict on the on-ramp off Cooke Rd.

The derelict probably drools on himself a bit less, as well.
And now, an illustration of Turnabout Is Fair Play:

Old
07-29-2012, 08:27 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
I would provide a better illustration, but my stomach was hurting so I had to go take a Garrioch. Turns out that, much like actual Garrioch's teeth, my Garrioch was loaded with rotting food particles.

(If this is too far, you REALLY don't want to see my sign idea for the March 22 home game against Ottawa)

Old
07-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Speedy Sanderson

Quote:

The Ottawa Senators - bankruptcy free for 9 years.

Old
07-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Stretch Factor

Rick Nash (a Canadian) would rather stay in Columbus than go to Ottawa and Garrioch still has his women's panties in a bunch about it.

Old
07-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch Factor View Post
Rick Nash (a Canadian) would rather stay in Columbus than go to Ottawa and Garrioch still has his women's panties in a bunch about it.
I object to this turn of phrase.

Old
07-29-2012, 11:28 PM
candyman82

Quote:
I object to this turn of phrase.
Alright, instead, Garrioch had his crotchless leather chaps in a bunch

Good look getting that thought out of your head

Old
07-30-2012, 12:37 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post

Thank you so much. Now pardon me while I go find an icepick so I can remove that image.

Old
07-30-2012, 12:39 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post

Quote:
Thank you so much. Now pardon me while I go find an icepick so I can remove that image.

Old
07-30-2012, 05:57 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
I guess I'd rather have writers that block people (Porty) than writers that do whatever the hell Garrioch is doing in that screen cap.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:24 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
I guess I'd rather have writers that block people (Porty) than writers that do whatever the hell Garrioch is doing in that screen cap.
To rework the words of Marc Methot a bit:

I don't want to insinuate I ever respected Garioch, because it's clear he's always been a small-minded, jingoistic sot with no sources, but did a professional newspaper writer, and for that matter a grown man, just reply "Waaahhhh!!" to an @ Tweet?

Old
07-30-2012, 07:39 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Nevermind!

Old
07-30-2012, 07:48 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

From the same article, since I'm annoyed in the morning by this tool

Quote:
Methot was drafted by former Jackets GM Doug MacLean in 2003. The 27-year-old was happy in Columbus, but is excited at getting the chance to play where hockey matters. The Jackets are rarely front-page material.
The italics part. You would think a guy who has covered the Sens for so long would understand that being horrible for several years in a row tends to lower enthusiasm for a team. Selective memory, perhaps.

But the bold part is what gets me. The freaking Dispatch owns part of the team. Whenever there's a story on the team, it's almost always on the front page of the paper. Even during football season the article will at least start on the front page. He's flat out wrong, there was no fact checking whatsoever here, and it's just attacking for the sake of attacking at this point.

What an infantile writer. He fits the profile of somebody who would have been banned from HFboards due to making so many topics about "southern" teams not deserving hockey, etc. on the main forums.

Old
07-30-2012, 08:21 AM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

Garrioch has been on my ignore list for years; I suggest everyone else here add him to theirs.

Old
07-30-2012, 09:05 AM
blahblah

People actually follow that guy? I'm disappointed that I ended up heading over to read and, sadly, re-read this article because of the last couple of pages.

This guy is unprofessional, but why do we have people feeding the troll? The article was framed to take shots at the Columbus market. Yeah, nothing we can do about it with him. No matter what you do, he's going to make it sound like we are just a bunch of whiners. The people that don't like him already don't follow him. Those that do like him are the guys that are going to laugh at our responses anyway. I suppose you could talk to his boss, but I'm sure the Sens fans aren't up in arms about it.

Methot said some stuff I don't appreciate, even if he was directed there by the questions from that guy. He's responsible for that. He said some things while he was here that I didn't like. I never got the feeling this guy was all in for the team, I always got the impression it was about him. Good riddance. Just because Garrioch is what he is, that doesn't absolve Methot.

What Garrioch doesn't understand or doesn't care to. The Jackets do matter in Columbus. Sure not the level of the Buckeyes, but the same can be said of most markets in the US. If it's not college football it's pro. However, the CBJ routinely get front page of the sports page and when you get big enough news it does make the front page of the paper. For example the Nash trade. It is one of the few front pagers I am saving. The Columbus market is what it is, beat down by years of neglect. There was some momentum that was built when Hitch came in and lead us to the playoff. Interest in hockey was at an all time high. That has diminished a bit. However, interest in hockey is still strong. From youth to beer leagues. If he spent some time down here and took a look around, he would realize that his impressions of Columbus are inaccurate even if he wouldn't admit it.

I can take his shots and pretty much ignore them. His opinion is meaningless to me as most of them come from a place of ignorance.

Old
07-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Stretch Factor

Quote:
But the bold part is what gets me. The freaking Dispatch owns part of the team. Whenever there's a story on the team, it's almost always on the front page of the paper. Even during football season the article will at least start on the front page. He's flat out wrong, there was no fact checking whatsoever here, and it's just attacking for the sake of attacking at this point.

What an infantile writer. He fits the profile of somebody who would have been banned from HFboards due to making so many topics about "southern" teams not deserving hockey, etc. on the main forums.
Jeez Matthew cut him some slack. That's not what he meant at all. What Garrioch was really saying is the CBJ are rarely front page news in other city's papers. You know like how MTL and TOR are often on the front page of his paper.

Old
07-30-2012, 09:13 AM
Iron Balls McGinty

Garrioch is just still upset we gave them Pascal LeClaire and Nikita Filatov.

He can't get past the fact we rob them blind with every trade we make with them.

Old
07-30-2012, 09:31 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post

He can't get past the fact we rob them blind with every trade we make with them.
You know, you could be on to something there. One of the worst GM's in the league, if you are judged by team performance, routinely fleeces your GM?

As others mentioned, you would think there would be some bitter fans/reporters/teams in Canada over Nash. Not once, but twice. First he re-signs with us, then he doesn't have a Canadian team on his trade list.

We'll see this year if the Sens playoff run was legit.

Old
07-30-2012, 11:35 AM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post

I don't think the Jackets robbed the Sens in "Leclaire + 2nd rounder for Vermette trade". That 2nd rounder eventually became Robin Lehner - currently #4 goalie prospect in the world: http://thegoalieguild.com/top150prospects/
We obviously could use him.

Old
07-30-2012, 12:00 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
I don't think the Jackets robbed the Sens in "Leclaire + 2nd rounder for Vermette trade". That 2nd rounder eventually became Robin Lehner - currently #4 goalie prospect in the world: http://thegoalieguild.com/top150prospects/
We obviously could use him.
Highly rated, yes. Doesn't mean he will amount to anything

Closed Thread