HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Interesting Info: Part XII (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2012, 04:25 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Anybody still have a Carter jersey? Want to make it a JMFJ jersey for FREE?
Wow thats actually a great promotion.

Old
03-08-2012, 04:41 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I always liked Gary Thorne & Bill Clement on ESPN-last I saw Clement he was broadcasting badminton I believe from the last Summer Olympics. Apparently Thorne is now the voice of the Baltimore Orioles. Well, since the jackets don't make the playoffs he could be free by the second week of the season.(well, at least this year) Now that Brian Engbloom is traveling all over the continent for NBCSports maybe his wife would let him come to Columbus 41 nights a year.
I hear Clement all the time. He does color or studio when Keith Jones does color on the Flyers broadcasts. He's a favorite.

Old
03-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Anybody still have a Carter jersey? Want to make it a JMFJ jersey for FREE?
I didn't know Johnson took #7 until I looked up this promotion... thought it would be funny if all they changed was the nameplate but he was #33 or something

Old
03-08-2012, 05:05 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
I hear Clement all the time. He does color or studio when Keith Jones does color on the Flyers broadcasts. He's a favorite.
On NBCsports (the old versus)?

Old
03-19-2012, 02:51 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Toronto Star: CBJ, Leafs in Dead Heat

In what I can only imagine is an attempt to embarrass Brian Burke and MLSE or as perhaps part of a campaign to get Burke fired, The Star released a story today comparing the teams. It begins "This is how bad itís become for the Maple Leafs: They are on par with the Columbus Blue Jackets."

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...s-in-dead-heat

Quote:
This is how bad itís become for the Maple Leafs: They are on par with the Columbus Blue Jackets...when comparing the franchises top to bottom
To add insult to injury, they rate the CBJ's goaltending and DEFENSE as better than Toronto's

Old
03-19-2012, 02:57 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
On NBCsports (the old versus)?
On Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia.

Old
03-20-2012, 02:26 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

From PuckRakers:

Of note: Former Blue Jackets goalie Ty Conklin was recalled by Detroit today but must clear re-entry waivers by Noon on Wednesday to rejoin the Red Wings. Conklin's cap hit would be miniscule.

Thoughts? Isn't it DSL who still has a Conks quote as his sig?

Old
03-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Of note: Former Blue Jackets goalie Ty Conklin was recalled by Detroit today but must clear re-entry waivers by Noon on Wednesday to rejoin the Red Wings. Conklin's cap hit would be miniscule.

Pick him up and let York actually get in some games for the Express. York has just been completely shafted all year.

Old
03-20-2012, 03:02 PM
FANonymous

Would be funny if someone claimed him just to F over the Red Wings...

Old
03-21-2012, 12:18 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

So I was listening to the FAN yesterday and CM&T mentioned the Fan Protest in January in regards to a handful of Dolphins fans (they said 30) that were protesting outside the stadium down in Flordia, calling for the termination of GM Jeff Ireland.

Torg mentioned briefly that the CBJ fan rally had a few hundred on a cold day and summed it up as a success for the given situation, Riccordotti, who, while he has some opinions I usually agree with, made it point to basically say it was a failure because only a few hundred showed. What was interesting was that Riccordotti was invited to the Rally via the FB page and he declined.

Now, I understand if he's obligated to decline to participate because the station he is employed with is billed as the "Flagship Station" of the Team and it would be seen as a conflict of interest, but I don't think a guy thats practically agreed with everything from the get go with this movement needs to call this failure when he himself didn't attend. I had also heard on the friday before the protest that Torgersen and their shows producer "T-bone" would be attending. I wasn't sure if they were in attendance, but thats beside the point as they didn't openly declare the numbers as a failure since they never claimed not to be there.

I don't know why, but that actually bothered me when Riccordotti said it.

Old
03-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Why are so many of the folks involved in the neon protest so freakin sensitive to criticism when being super critical is in essence their own game plan? Do you see the irony?

Comments like that reinforce my hunch that this is generally about a lame notice-me-I'm-protesting attitude.

Who cares what the hacks at that station think. If it was a success. Enjoy that!

Old
03-21-2012, 12:27 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Why are so many of the folks involved in the neon protest so freakin sensitive to criticism when being super critical is in essence their own game plan? Do you see the irony?

Comments like that reinforce my hunch that this is generally about a lame notice-me-I'm-protesting attitude.
"Super Critical" is protesting a franchise thats done essentially nothing but spin its heels in the 5 years since Priest and Howson took over?

You must have the patience of a saint, Derby.

Old
03-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post

Who cares what the hacks at that station think. If it was a success. Enjoy that!
You walked right into that one.

03-21-2012, 12:28 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
I don't know why, but that actually bothered me when Riccordotti said it.
I can't imagine why, either. I assume Riccordotti is the world's preeminent expert on jai lai, because he knows absolutely nothing about any sport with which I am familiar. On top of that, he expresses his worthless opinions with such smug self-satisfaction that it makes this old man want to punch in his face. Other than that, I suppose his children like him (assuming he was able to afford to hire someone to bare them).

No, I don't like him much.

Old
03-21-2012, 12:31 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
I can't imagine why, either. I assume Riccordotti is the world's preeminent expert on jai lai, because he knows absolutely nothing about any sport with which I am familiar. On top of that, he expresses his worthless opinions with such smug self-satisfaction that it makes this old man want to punch in his face. Other than that, I suppose his children like him (assuming he was able to afford to hire someone to bare them).

Riccordotti doesn't have kids, but he never seems all too eager to not give Torgersen parenting advice...

Old
03-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Haha, well said pete.

Old
03-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

My point is that your group deemed that protest day a success. Ignore the ignoramuses at that station. Who cares? Don't sweat it, move on.

And I am no saint, remember, I want Mike Todd replaced.
My patience with his amateur hosting duties is over.

Old
03-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Halfboard
New Look

Quote:

Right on Pete! Here's another "old man" who would like to smack that whippersnapper around!

Then again, how smart am I to continue to listen to those morons occasionally?

Old
03-21-2012, 02:51 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfboard View Post
Right on Pete! Here's another "old man" who would like to smack that whippersnapper around!

Then again, how smart am I to continue to listen to those morons occasionally?
I hear them every now and then when I'm in the car and had left their station on. I can only take a few minutes, though, until they piss me off and I change the channel.

Old
03-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:

Remember when games were considered critical?

Old
03-21-2012, 03:49 PM
JacketsFanWest

There was no point in claiming Conklin, other than screwing the Dead Things:

Quote:
The Blue Jackets will not claim Detroit goaltender Ty Conklin off re-entry waivers because Conklin could not play for the Blue Jackets or any other team that claimed him for the remainder of this season. Players who are transferred from the reserve list of one NHL team to another after the trade deadline are ineligible to play for the rest of that season.

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...me-no.-73.html

Old
03-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post
There was no point in claiming Conklin, other than screwing the Dead Things:
I'm curious as to what could be done if, say, after the trade deadline every CBJ goalie in the system were injured (which sadly is nearly the truth). Would the team be forced to use an unsigned player, or would they be able to grab a legit goalie for emergency reasons?

Old
03-21-2012, 04:27 PM
JacketsFanWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo16 View Post
I'm curious as to what could be done if, say, after the trade deadline every CBJ goalie in the system were injured (which sadly is nearly the truth). Would the team be forced to use an unsigned player, or would they be able to grab a legit goalie for emergency reasons?
I believe the Jackets would have to sign a player on an AHL contract like Legace or a draft pick once their season was over or a college free-agent.

Trades can take place after the trade deadline, but the player is ineligible for the playoffs. In the case of the Jackets, that doesn't matter. For a team like Boston, they had to go to great lengths to find someone.

Old
03-22-2012, 07:36 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

From Lori Schmidt's blog:

One other note of interest from the Coachís Show: Richards said that, as of now, he plans to stick with the line combinations he used in the third period against the Blackhawks, Friday night against Carolina.

That means Rick Nash will be skating with Vinny Prospal and Mark Letestu. Cam Atkinson will be on the ice at the same time as RJ Umberger and Derick Brassard.

I'd guess this is more a promotion of Vinny and Test Tube than a demotion of Nash, but it's certainly open to other interpretations.

Old
03-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Celebrity batender fundraiser for the Foundation was awesome lat night. The blue line was well represented by Methot, Johnson and Moore. There was a competition to see who could raise the most money in tips and the winner was Marc Methot. I was surprised to see how good Methot looked considering his jaw being wired shut for 6 weeks. Pretty robust, not much different than pre-wired Methot.

This was the first time my family attended one of the bartender events.

Anyway, great time on a beautiful night. The event was held outdoors on the patio. Hopefully lots of dollars were raised for the good work of the Foundation.

Closed Thread