HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Paajarvi Recalled

Old
02-09-2012, 04:35 PM
SChan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
There is no other options. You'd know that if you actually paid attention around here.
When Omark comes up there will be options.

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firenze View Post
Tank options.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 04:43 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Has he even played in the AHL yet? He could be 2-3 weeks away from being able to handle the NHL pace.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Has he even played in the AHL yet? He could be 2-3 weeks away from being able to handle the NHL pace.
He's back tonight against the Flames farmers.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 04:47 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I stand by my comment.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post

I think it might take a bit more than one game against an AHL squad before anyone declares him ready to bring up.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 05:59 PM
missinthejets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
but from what I've seen Gagner-Eberle are well matched and with a Sedin type cycle game going on.

I've wanted to see what Eberle and Gagner could do together for a while and now that we've seen it it's looked pretty good. Gagner has always been a smart player who can adapt his game well so you put him with another smart player who can adapt his game well and they just feed off each other so well. Hall fits well with them too, but Hall I think has the ability to elevate other people around him more than the others do so if the goal is getting more lines going having him with people who need more help just makes sense.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 06:26 PM
oil dog

I think while we're amidst running hemsky out of town we should see the omark experiment run its course. Short term he's the reasonable replacement #2 rw. Is he a top six at this point, nope. Neither is anyone else i can't think of after the big 3+G. He's only 25 and a smurf but creative and strong on the puck. Throwing another guy with a major winning attitude alongside the kids is (hopefully) a good thing to change the culture of a last place team. If he's not playing at 110% every night surely by now he knows he won't stick here, and we won't have size in that position until our other farm boys grow another year at least.

oil dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 06:47 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Why not?:
Penner Gagner Eberle
Hall RNH, Paajarvi

I know this too is putting a lot on RNH but from what I've seen Gagner-Eberle are well matched and with a Sedin type cycle game going on. Penner being a downlow player and whose size would fill out that pair.

Similary RNH and Hall seem well suited to each other. RNH as a setup guy and a drag racer on either side to forward the puck to.

The trouble with any of these configurations is Paajarvi being on it. He's just not topsix material at this point. He's arguably not even an NHL player right now.
Yeah that might even work a bit better, but I feel that RNH has to a guy who gets the most EV and PP minutes of the centers on the team. He is only 18 and not only does he think the game on a whole other level than anyone else on the team (Eberle is close) but he also makes plays at another level as well.

As for Paajarvi not being a top 6 player right now, that is obvious. He should still be in the AHL, but instead Renney and Tambo thought they could send him down for a few weeks a put a band-aid on the problem that needed reconstructive surgery. Hopefully Nelson is up with the big club sooner than later and can get the most out of his players at the NHL level like he has at the AHL level.

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:29 AM
SChan*

Quote:
Tank options.
what's your hatred for the guy anyway? He had a goal and assist in his return today, definitely showed more jump than MPS latest AHL stint.

I dont get it, why does the oiler fans hate a guy that badly wants to play in the NHL? (or else he would of gone home right now)

Old
02-10-2012, 02:33 AM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
what's your hatred for the guy anyway? He had a goal and assist in his return today, definitely showed more jump than MPS latest AHL stint.

I dont get it, why does the oiler fans hate a guy that badly wants to play in the NHL? (or else he would of gone home right now)
says the guy who hates on MPS.

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:35 AM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
but MPS has done very poorly this season. He deserved to be criticized and yet people defend him do death. He hasnt scored a single goal ffs.

It is funny that people think MPS is better than Omark. Omark will always be the better player.

Old
02-10-2012, 03:29 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post

Quote:
but MPS has done very poorly this season. He deserved to be criticized and yet people defend him do death. He hasnt scored a single goal ffs.

It is funny that people think MPS is better than Omark. Omark will always be the better player.
The point is that most posters here don't hate on Omark, they critisize him. You have been making weak sauce points for a long time about Omark vs PRV (even though Omark wasn't even playing). I think everyone in here wants Omark to succeed, but you have to be able to look at a player with your eyes open and not with your eyes to the ground in a worship position...

The odd thing is that, last year, I was on your side of this argument in the various discussions in here (and there were many more with me). I can only speak for myself when I say that I still want the guy to do great and take a place on the Oilers roster (same as I want for PRV), but when it comes to blind adoration of a player, ignoring whatever weaknesses he has and instead of arguing the player, drawing comparisons and essentially hating on other players, I'm not on-board.

LaGu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 04:16 AM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post

The point is that most posters here don't hate on Omark, they critisize him. You have been making weak sauce points for a long time about Omark vs PRV (even though Omark wasn't even playing). I think everyone in here wants Omark to succeed, but you have to be able to look at a player with your eyes open and not with your eyes to the ground in a worship position...

The odd thing is that, last year, I was on your side of this argument in the various discussions in here (and there were many more with me). I can only speak for myself when I say that I still want the guy to do great and take a place on the Oilers roster (same as I want for PRV), but when it comes to blind adoration of a player, ignoring whatever weaknesses he has and instead of arguing the player, drawing comparisons and essentially hating on other players, I'm not on-board.
umm wrong. Lots of posters here want him gone. I dont get it.

Last edited by SChan*: 02-10-2012 at 04:22 AM.
Old
02-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Kayen
Fire Eakins

vCash: 658
Quote:
I agree it's head scratching how many want a guy who wants to be playing at this level gone.

Kayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:17 AM
LaGu

Quote:
I would say that lots of poster want him gone but ok, bad formulation on my part. Let's say that most posters don't want him gone (and if you want to say that I am wrong about that you'll need start coming up with names... But maybe that's against forum rules?...). I also don't get why some would want to get rid of him now since there any trade including Omark should be for another NHL ready player, and they won't get for him that at the moment. Bottom of the line is that there is still time, most probably until the end of this season to see what will be of him here. Again, it's all up to him.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:29 AM
LaGu

Nice quotes in the reporting after last game. This is exactly what PRV should keep on doing, or at least try to do.
-----
“I felt good, I got a lot of shifts,” Paajarvi said. “I wanted to be a little greasier, battle a bit more and I think that helped me. It was better than the last games I’ve played here.”

He had four assists in 33 games heading into the game against the Red Wings, where he attempted to utilize his size and speed by driving to the net.
“That’s so much of what we’re looking for,” said Renney. “If he can continue to do that on a regular basis, off both wings, it’ll appreciate how much more valuable he becomes. That’s going to be part of what he needs to do moving forward.”
-----

Old
02-10-2012, 03:30 PM
alanschu

Quote:
I don't mind Omark and I like his strength (especially for his size) and thought he finished last season decently strong, but I have seen very little that would make me believe that Omark will always be a better player than Paajarvi. I am hesitant to state that he even is now.

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 04:03 PM
missinthejets

Quote:
the only reason anyone ever thinks they just want omark gone is so that his screaming fanbois will follow him and leave the rest of this place in peace.

No one hates omark, some people just mistake not being an unabashed omark booster with hating omark and wanting him gone.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Skm

Pajaarvi scores his first goal and gets rewarded with this:

Quote:
@dantencer: Oilers lines today: Hall-Gagner-Eberle, Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky, Paajarvi-Belanger-Jones and Eager-Lander-Petrell.

Skm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmingswerth View Post

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Truth Movement

Baffling. The Oilers enjoy their first bout of depth scoring in what seems like forever and we immediately go back to the setup that brings everybody down. For the love of God, get Belanger off of the third line.

Truth Movement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Skm

I realize that the young guys should be sheltered somewhat and don't play on the PK (Eberle and Hall) but this is frustrating too:

Quote:
@TSNRyanRishaug: Eberle 11th in league in scoring.. Avg 16:47 per game. Of top 30 scorers in league, he averages fewest minutes.

Skm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmingswerth View Post

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Bryanbryoil

Renney is a ****ing disgrace of a coach.