HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Carnival 2012

Old
02-07-2012, 01:05 PM
cheddar56

vCash: 500
Carnival 2012

First time going, any tips? I saw in another thread that its best to hit the alumni early cause the line backs up.

I have early admission, and decided my budget is $200.

Did not buy any pre-sold.

Anyone have strategies that worked? That didnt?

Anyone else going?

Mod edit: http://www.flyerscarnival.com/

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 02-09-2012 at 05:47 PM.
cheddar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 01:11 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
from what I've heard $200 wont be enough...

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 01:17 PM
pughater

sig for non presold players i believe are 25 per player. and i dont remember how much mystery bags are. but you could easily spend over 300 in a day there. its such a great event for a great cause .
Ill be there

pughater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 01:18 PM
cheddar56

Yeah, enough or not its what I got, if I can hammer out the alumni table and 6-10 player autographs it goes along way towards my project.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=130

Old
02-07-2012, 01:22 PM
pughater

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddar56 View Post
Yeah, enough or not its what I got, if I can hammer out the alumni table and 6-10 player autographs it goes along way towards my project.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=130
good luck dude. im still trying to figure out how im going to get stanley cup to sign something for me.

Old
02-07-2012, 02:18 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by pughater View Post
sig for non presold players i believe are 25 per player. and i dont remember how much mystery bags are. but you could easily spend over 300 in a day there. its such a great event for a great cause .
Ill be there
$25 per player!? **** it used to be way less....like $10. Guess I'm gonna need a little more. I'll also be there for the first time in about 10 years.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:37 AM
pughater

ill be there with my extended family they ve never been to a carnival so it will be the first for them and their two young sons. should be fun

Old
02-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Eric Lindros

I've got sigs purchased for Jagr, Pronger and the 2 sig, 1 photo combo with Giroux. Also the photo with the Stanley cup.

Unfortunately, a week and a half away, I still haven't seen any indication on whether Pronger will be attending, and what I should do if he doesn't. I know there are no refunds, but can I use my ticket for any other player? Or only non-sold-outs?

Really hoping he's there though.

Eric Lindros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:53 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lindros View Post
I've got sigs purchased for Jagr, Pronger and the 2 sig, 1 photo combo with Giroux. Also the photo with the Stanley cup.

Unfortunately, a week and a half away, I still haven't seen any indication on whether Pronger will be attending, and what I should do if he doesn't. I know there are no refunds, but can I use my ticket for any other player? Or only non-sold-outs?

If they dont refund the Pronger signing, I will be pretty ticked off. I have pre-ordered signings with Briere and Pronger

They at least better give you a signing with one of the players that you couldn't pre-order.

orangecrush8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:51 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:

This happened to me a few years back when we traded Foppa to the Preds. I had a pre-sold autograph and what they did was give you chance to get either another pre-sold or get a few that equaled the $ amount (plus some "Carnival Dollars").

Should work out fine

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:12 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
I can't see Pronger even going to this thing

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:15 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8476
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Yeah, it used to be 10 bucks for 2 players. Those were the days.

BillyShoe1721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Hollywood Couturier

I haven't been to a Carnival since I was a little kid and was wondering when the time slot for Autographs is two hours should I expect to be there for the entire two hours if I get in line late?

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Flyrs21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
I haven't been to a Carnival since I was a little kid and was wondering when the time slot for Autographs is two hours should I expect to be there for the entire two hours if I get in line late?

Your ticket should have a time on it and the workers shouldn't let you in the line before the time on your ticket.

Let's say the signing is from 1-3 p.m. and the time on your ticket is 1:30, the workers aren't supposed to let you in line until after 1:30. So you can use that half hour to get other sigs. So even if you get to the line at 2:15 you still get to go in before the people who have tickets for 2:30.

I went last year and every line went smoothly except Briere because the workers were letting everyone in. People in front of me had tickets for an hour after my time but the workers didn't care. So I left the line got other signatures and then went back with 15 minutes to go.

Flyrs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Hollywood Couturier

I don't remember my tickets having a specific time on them outside of the entire time slot that the player is scheduled. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Flyrs21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
I don't remember my tickets having a specific time on them outside of the entire time slot that the player is scheduled. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Maybe they changed it. My tickets from last year had time slots for when you were supposed to go to the line.

Flyrs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 03:59 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

I'll have to look at mine when I get home, buT i do not think mine had a specific time either.

I got a photo ticket with Jagr, but could not get the autograph ticket. They were sold out already in Oct

shipwreck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Eric Lindros

Looking at my tickets right now. No time slot is indicated. Would have made more sense if it had one. They don't even say what the full time slot is for the players to give autographs or pictures, so make sure you print a schedule or something to bring with you.

Also, "No Refunds or Exchanges" is on the ticket for Pronger, so I guess I'm getting Zac Rinaldo to sign that nice hockey stick I purchased to hang on my wall.

Old
02-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Looking at my tickets right now. No time slot is indicated. Would have made more sense if it had one. They don't even say what the full time slot is for the players to give autographs or pictures, so make sure you print a schedule or something to bring with you.

Also, "No Refunds or Exchanges" is on the ticket for Pronger, so I guess I'm getting Zac Rinaldo to sign that nice hockey stick I purchased to hang on my wall.
whats wrong with getting Rinaldo?

matter of fact I have 0 tickets for any big name guys... I believe someone said it in this or the autograph thread... I'm about quanity not quality... why waste 45+ minutes in line for Briere Giroux Pronger etc. when you can snag about 4 other guys in the same time...

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Eric Lindros

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post

matter of fact I have 0 tickets for any big name guys... I believe someone said it in this or the autograph thread... I'm about quanity not quality... why waste 45+ minutes in line for Briere Giroux Pronger etc. when you can snag about 4 other guys in the same time...
I've been once before and I did the quantity over quality thing. If I was getting my jersey signed again I'd probably do that, but I'm looking to continue a collection of memorabilia on my wall, and I thought signed sticks and jerseys from Giroux, Jagr and Pronger would go well with Forsberg, Gagne and Gretzky. Rinaldo, not so much.

Old
02-10-2012, 03:40 PM
orangecrush8

No Pronger

Just got this email...

No Pronger at the Carnival

Quote:
Dear ####:

On behalf of the Flyers Wives and Comcast-Spectacor Charities, we would like to thank you for your continued support of the Flyers Wives Carnival.

The Carnival is our most significant fundraising event of the year.

Unfortunately, due to health issues, Chris Pronger will not be able to attend the Carnival this year. Due to his injury, Chris has not made any public appearances. He is focusing all of his time on his recovery.

At his suggestion, we will be mailing you a special autographed Chris Pronger memento. In addition, we would like to offer you an opportunity to utilize your ticket at any other available player booth during the Flyers Wives Carnival. If you have any concerns during the Carnival, please visit by Guest Services

On behalf of more than 150 charities we support in the Greater Philadelphia Region, thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you at the 35th Anniversary Flyers Wives Fight for Lives Carnival at the Wells Fargo Center on Sunday, February 19.

Remember, if it matters in your community, it's important to Comcast-Spectacor.

Sincerely,

COM 120209 MD Mary-Ann-Saleski(2)

Mary Ann Saleski
Senior Vice President, Comcast-Spectacor Charities

orangecrush8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 04:06 PM
cheddar56

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post

Shotgun on that. I ran through last years meet the team and got 14 players, while a guy I was with sat the whole time for richards. if you need him to complete a set, then yes, wait, otherwise, i get the low hanging fruit.

Old
02-10-2012, 04:16 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
Just got this email...

No Pronger at the Carnival
That's pretty awesome, good on them.

So what's the amount for player autographs? $25 for two?

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 05:13 PM
pughater

so this is a super stupid question. does anyone know if you can get admission tickets at the door

Old
02-10-2012, 08:42 PM
cheddar56

Quote:
Originally Posted by pughater View Post
so this is a super stupid question. does anyone know if you can get admission tickets at the door
It's my first time, so I'm just guessing and going off friends past experience, but I'm fairly sure you can walk up. Tickets are still on sale now