HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Carnival 2012

Old
02-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Hollywood Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Hollywood, did you get your Schenn jersey signed?

(Sorry if it's already in the thread, I don't feel like going alllllllll the way back to page 4)
Nah I didn't. Too many stories about felt and pens not working out well. Not worth the risk IMO. I wouldn't break out that jersey for that type of event either. Maybe a signing at a store where it's less "Go, Go, Go" and their aren't people everywhere. Too scared to bring it out in public.

Also for whatever reason some collectors think it's a crime to get gamers signed and i'm still trying to figure what side of that fence i'm on.

Just got a 16x20 and puck signed with "First NHL Goal" inscribed and my MegaTicket. Let my buddy get the other signature for waiting in line for me.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by schroed3r View Post
These are 19 year old kids in their first real social interaction with this many people. It's natural for them to have some anxiety.
I am pretty much agreeing with you. I am a bit disappointed that people expect so much for them on something that isn't even hockey related. People need to remember they are still just normal kids who happen to be good at hockey. I feel some people get to emotionally involved with players they never met and then they take it to personal when the player who has never met or seen them before doesn't seem thrilled.

Schenn and Couturier are fine, they will get used to it over time and they aren't snobs nor do they have character issues they are just normal 19 and 20 year old's adapting to being seen as celebrities.

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Talbot - In my opinion is made for an event like this. I didn't personally talk to him or anything but he was singing to my friend's sister & her mom. He seemed to love the dancing part of the whole thing. He was getting involved and overall seemed awesome.

I wanted to get around to Timonen but didn't get a chance to and IIRC my buddy was in someone else's line at the time.

Maybe it was just because I was later in the row for Schenn, and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt with everything. Just expected a little more.

I was debating so many times on a Mystery Bag, but decided against it because I didn't want to get something useless. Like my friend got the moving photo album which I would never use, and a pad of paper.

When we got up to talbot which was early in his auto time slot he was singin sweet Caroline to us and was absolutely awesome to my 4 year old... Right as my buddy who was behind me got up to talbot the girl said I know you like mingling with fans but you have to speed it up times running out .. He looked at my buddy and rolled his eyes and said fine... Same with rinaldo a friend of my wife's got autos and then got a pic with Rini and as she was walking away she was like would you sign my jersey the dude was like zac this is a photo booth not autograph he turned around and was like "shut up its my jersey and im singing it" zac was awsome

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:08 PM
s3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Also for whatever reason some collectors think it's a crime to get gamers signed and i'm still trying to figure what side of that fence i'm on.
Most believe that gamers should remain untouched, but of those, many believe that getting the reverse side of the logo on the inside of the jersey (not visible) signed is perfectly fine and actually increases value. Plus, that way, there is no need to worry about any issues with the felt.

s3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:49 PM
orangecrush8

Got some pics of my Timonen signed jersey

orangecrush8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3x View Post
Most believe that gamers should remain untouched, but of those, many believe that getting the reverse side of the logo on the inside of the jersey (not visible) signed is perfectly fine and actually increases value. Plus, that way, there is no need to worry about any issues with the felt.
Probably shouldn't have said "for whatever reason" but I knew that. The idea of getting a jersey signed on the inside doesn't really do anything for me since the jersey is hanging in a shadowbox and I obviously can't see the inside of the jersey.

I'm just not sure if i'm in the should be kept as it was worn on the ice or have no problem getting it signed.

With Schenn i'll probably be happy with the Puck, 16x20, and MegaTicket for now. Giroux on the other hand when I get his jersey, I will have a decision to make.

On that note I just took my picture to get framed. Here is what it should look like:

Did that online and the picture in the "frame" was taken with my phone.

Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:01 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

I ordered two jersey frames just now. And off to Walmart to buy photo frames tomorrow

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:24 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Now that I am back in Texas, I can take pics:

2 Signed Jerseys (my fav things from the carnival):

Signed Photos:

Bryzgalov, Simmonds, Timonen, and Talbot (its a canvas square, ready to hang):

And Talbot and Timonen signed pucs

Last edited by shipwreck: 02-20-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old
02-20-2012, 11:22 PM
tntkid

Jaromir Jagr did a really nice job signing that jersey.

Did Ilya Bryzgalov pose for pictures at the carnival?

tntkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 06:42 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntkid View Post
Jaromir Jagr did a really nice job signing that jersey.

Did Ilya Bryzgalov pose for pictures at the carnival?
I think I saw him scheduled for it, but do not remember. I know he had to do the shots on goal after the autographs.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:23 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
I am pretty much agreeing with you. I am a bit disappointed that people expect so much for them on something that isn't even hockey related. People need to remember they are still just normal kids who happen to be good at hockey. I feel some people get to emotionally involved with players they never met and then they take it to personal when the player who has never met or seen them before doesn't seem thrilled.

Schenn and Couturier are fine, they will get used to it over time and they aren't snobs nor do they have character issues they are just normal 19 and 20 year old's adapting to being seen as celebrities.
yup, that's pretty much it

just compare it to doing a presentation for yourself. I'm sure the first time you did one, you were really nervous. But once you start doing more, it gets easier and easier on yourself

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:50 AM
kicksave27

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post

Bryzgalov, Simmonds, Timonen, and Talbot (its a canvas square, ready to hang):

Dude, thats a great idea, how did you get that done?

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 03:18 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
Dude, thats a great idea, how did you get that done?
They sell these. Back of the jersey with any name ya want - or the front.

I bought it from Wayfair.com, if I remember right.

It was something cool, and different than a puck. I can get more signatures on it later. I got that for the players I did not have photos of

Old
02-22-2012, 09:55 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

lots of videos on youtube

Old
02-23-2012, 06:18 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Yes, they made fun of him on the large screen in the stadium during an interview

Old
02-24-2012, 12:27 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Maybe its just me... But does anyone else think that Max Talbot looks a LITTLE like the guy from the Highlander tv show... What was his name... Adrian Paul, I think.....

Old
02-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Shipwreck, you had a very productive trip

02-24-2012, 12:35 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Maybe its just me... But does anyone else think that Max Talbot looks a LITTLE like the guy from the Highlander tv show... What was his name... Adrian Paul, I think.....
Yes. Yes he does.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:46 PM
pughater

anyone get anything cool from the mystery bags?

pughater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:53 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pughater View Post
anyone get anything cool from the mystery bags?
I was disappointed. I got a photo clock and a note pad holder. I was expecting mystery signed items from what I had read about years passed.

I bought mine from the place on center ice. I did not try the one by the entrance where you grab the bag you want with a pole.

I only bought 1 bag, and decided not to buy another after I saw what I got and what others got as well.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:59 PM
pughater

i bought several and i think the best items to worst. 1 leather porfolio, 2 winter classic alum towels, 1 clock, 2 they look like travel bathroom bags, 1 photo clock, 1 clock. needless to say not as impressive as i remembered. i remember getting sweatshirts, polos, button downs, amongst other things that were not autographed that at least made the price worth it.

pughater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 12:21 AM
FlyerCub

My first mystery bag had the clock with photos of previous players in place of the numbers and my second had the leather padfolio. I quickly checked that but there wasn't anything inside. A few years ago, I seem to remember a friend had something similar with an autographed photo inside. My friend got the alumni beach towel.

I did try the $5 fishing game. I got a Flyers Carnival pennant, Flyers yo yo, 3 Atlantic City wristbands (that one had me scratching my head), and one of the purple Minding Your Mind drawstring backpacks that was a recent giveaway out of that. I think everyone got the backpack because they were very visible. I hooked a bag that didn't have that showing but there was one stuffed inside.

Out of the carnival games, I think my best prize was upstairs at the gold rush booth pulling out a puck for a large prize and getting a zip up sweatshirt from the 2010 Cup Final. That only set me back $3.

FlyerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 08:10 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:

slightly