HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Value of Couture

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2012, 04:30 AM
  #1
Squeeven
Registered User
 
Squeeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,579
vCash: 500
Value of Couture

Let me just make it clear that I never want to see Couture in any other uniform aside from a Sharks one.

Couture has become an elite player in the league and arguably our top player and most arguably our most consistent player.

So I am just curious as to what you guys think we could get in return for Couture if DW ever for whatever insane reason wanted to trade him?

Squeeven is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 05:27 AM
  #2
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,588
vCash: 500
What DW would get in return is SJ fans throwing stuff at him...

210 is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 07:31 AM
  #3
CBJenga
Registered User
 
CBJenga's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
What DW would get in return is SJ fans throwing stuff at him...
Sharp pointy things with a very solid amount of mass.

CBJenga is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 08:07 AM
  #4
redfish
Registered User
 
redfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
Let me just make it clear that I never want to see Couture in any other uniform aside from a Sharks one.

Couture has become an elite player in the league and arguably our top player and most arguably our most consistent player.

So I am just curious as to what you guys think we could get in return for Couture if DW ever for whatever insane reason wanted to trade him?
a pink slip from the owners!

redfish is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 08:46 AM
  #5
rangerssharks414
Registered User
 
rangerssharks414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,979
vCash: 500
Couture has arguably the best contract on the Sharks for the next two years. DW would be crazy to trade him, let alone put him on the block.

rangerssharks414 is online now  
Old
02-07-2012, 08:57 AM
  #6
krudmonk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sannozay
Posts: 5,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
Let me just make it clear that I never want to see Couture in any other uniform aside from a Sharks one.

Couture has become an elite player in the league and arguably our top player and most arguably our most consistent player.

So I am just curious as to what you guys think we could get in return for Couture if DW ever for whatever insane reason wanted to trade him?
Heh, your disclaimer comes after people have already become infuriated by the thread title.

krudmonk is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 08:57 AM
  #7
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,742
vCash: 500
There is no possible way to get fair value for Couture. Since trading for a similar player is out of the question, you'd be looking at either quantity for quality, or trading a young star for an older star.

hockeyball is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 10:07 AM
  #8
Inub0i
For the Alliance!
 
Inub0i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UC Irvine, Irvine
Country: United States
Posts: 8,627
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
DW is gonna get Torches and pitchforks

Inub0i is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 10:08 AM
  #9
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor
 
KpopandHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,698
vCash: 500
Gagner

KpopandHockey is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 10:13 AM
  #10
Linkster
Rebuildt?
 
Linkster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Coastal Sharkifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
DW could probably get himself an empty arena + shopping center in Glendale, AZ. And lock himself in there to re-enact Dawn Of The Dead.

And a nightly Zombies-On-Ice show.

Linkster is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 10:16 AM
  #11
Squeeven
Registered User
 
Squeeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,579
vCash: 500
meh...was hoping for some seriousness, but that went out the window before I even started the thread, lol. Any serious answers though? Even though most of this is true.

Squeeven is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 10:19 AM
  #12
do0glas
Registered User
 
do0glas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,126
vCash: 500
His contract versus his skill/PPG is insanely good for the sharks. anything we get would be a downgrade in the big picture.

do0glas is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 10:22 AM
  #13
Sharkway Drive
****ing All Star!
 
Sharkway Drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SF
Posts: 1,523
vCash: 500


Last edited by Sharkway Drive: 02-07-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Sharkway Drive is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 10:29 AM
  #14
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
meh...was hoping for some seriousness, but that went out the window before I even started the thread, lol. Any serious answers though? Even though most of this is true.
Because there is no serious answer. Let me give you an example.

To Buffalo:
Logan Couture

To SJ:
Tyler Myers

Does not serve a need for the Sharks, we are stacked on defense.

or

To TO:
Logan Couture

To SJ:
Kulemin, Kadri, 1st


Those are just examples, but as you can see, it really doesn't make any sense to trade Logan.

hockeyball is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 10:55 AM
  #15
Scottiebrea
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
I get what your saying... serious idea even though it wouldnt happen!

To Pens:
Loco and (2) !st's

To Sharks:
87 if EVER healthy

Scottiebrea is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 11:03 AM
  #16
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiebrea View Post
I get what your saying... serious idea even though it wouldnt happen!

To Pens:
Loco and (2) !st's

To Sharks:
87 if EVER healthy
Doesn't work cap wise, another reason trading Logan is not practical.

to Pens:
Logan Couture
Joe Thornton

To SJ:
Sidney Crosby
Tyler Kennedy

From a business perspective, you have to consider that. Sidney would make the Sharks a TON of money. Other than that, it doesn't make the Sharks any better, especially considering Crosby's injury issues. Also, of course, ignores NTC's.

hockeyball is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 11:09 AM
  #17
AbsolonMoreau*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Doesn't work cap wise, another reason trading Logan is not practical.

to Pens:
Logan Couture
Joe Thornton

To SJ:
Sidney Crosby
Tyler Kennedy

From a business perspective, you have to consider that. Sidney would make the Sharks a TON of money. Other than that, it doesn't make the Sharks any better, especially considering Crosby's injury issues. Also, of course, ignores NTC's.
How about
Couture
Demers
2 1sts

For:
Malkin

AbsolonMoreau* is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 11:26 AM
  #18
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,919
vCash: 500
I want Doughty. At least that level of player should come in return. A young guy with high potential.

Myers isn't even that good IMO, so I wouldn't trade for him.

I'd consider Subban + Pacioretty for Couture + Demers.

magic school bus is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 11:31 AM
  #19
Lebanezer
Registered User
 
Lebanezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 2,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
I want Doughty. At least that level of player should come in return. A young guy with high potential.

Myers isn't even that good IMO, so I wouldn't trade for him.

I'd consider Subban + Pacioretty for Couture + Demers.
Sweet merciful Christ, Doughty's contract is poison, do not want. Heck I wouldn't be that happy if we swapped him for Boyle straight up and that'd never happen.


Lebanezer is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 11:40 AM
  #20
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 56,493
vCash: 500
IMHO this thread will go no where as Couture is unlikely to be traded for at least half a decade.


Closed.

LadyStanley is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.