HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Can anyone vouche for non big Brand sticks?

Old
12-02-2011, 10:59 AM
r3cc0s

vCash: 500
Can anyone vouche for non big Brand sticks?

Just cause we all know what we like from Bauer, Warrior, Easton, Sherwood and RBK
being that there is one thread just for hockey tron with reviews that lack credibility, perhaps we should discuss?
Anyone can vouch as to how good sticks are from:

Rebellion
Flite
Fury
Inno
Combat/Ballastik
Blue Ice
Hockey Tron
Kynetix

I have a feeling that Rebellion & Combat aren't quite low end, like the rest of the other companies and that Inno might actually be warrior now.

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 11:17 AM
AIREAYE

Out of those, Combat I would say has the most credibility. Coming from baseball, they really know their stuff and their sticks are amazing. Hockey Tron, takes and rebrands OEM stuff so I'm hesitant to say they make their own product. Inno is a very old company, now integrated with Warrior. Their stuff now are repaints from what I've heard.

AIREAYE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 11:44 AM
bp spec

Can I borrow this thread for a question? Are there anyone who can provide me with a complete Combat blade chart or just a comparison with bauers blade chart.

On topic: I would also say that combat is the best of those. I've seen many with Rebellion sticks, but no one on my team or myself, so I don't know.
Ballistik- same story, but a more rare brand.
Inno-Warrior right?
Never heard of the other brands before, just Fury.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 11:55 AM
ArrogantOwl

Pretty sure Jagr uses Combat sticks, but they don't seem very durable, looks like he's breaking one or two a game or there-a-bouts.

ArrogantOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:09 PM
bp spec

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrogantOwl View Post
Pretty sure Jagr uses Combat sticks, but they don't seem very durable, looks like he's breaking one or two a game or there-a-bouts.
He sure does. He uses Combat gloves too.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Combat is really high end stuff. They have been in the game a while in other sports. I would use them but they've never been on sale while I was buying.

Harrow is a solid smaller company. The only thing I've used of theirs is the 300 series, which is equivalent to the Easton ST, but a 2-piece version.

Inno got bought out by Warrior over 5 years ago so I wouldn't touch any of it. The old, old stock is gone and anything with the name is an SMU that I wouldn't trust.

Battleaxe is another brand I've used, did a review on the BX10 one piece. It was like a pro stock stick, super super light weight with fantastic kick but I snapped mine after a couple months on a shot, the only time I've ever broken a stick through game play. Based on that I think the next stick down might be very good for a rec leaguer.

Rebellion looks identical to the Battleaxe product and I would bet they come from the same manufacturer overseas.

Base is still a small company IMO but they have a lot of word of mouth. I have used their sticks and talked with reps and it's good stuff, not the highest end, but about on par with the Harrow and Easton ST IMO.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 03:50 AM
Gibson19

I've posted this before but I've broken one Hockey Tron stick already and got some nasty chips and a dent in the blade of the other one. I fear it'll snap before the new year.

Whereas my 5K which has more ice time on it is practically unscathed.

Gibson19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 10:42 AM
shawn1331

Had 2 blue ice Nano pros . Great sticks for a great price. If you were to compare it would match up to an S19 but IMO the blue ices are a bit more durable. Only broke them because of a slash and a guy stepped on the blade. For $100 you can't really go wrong with one of them.

shawn1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 09:02 PM
flyers10

I've used Combat (formerly known as Ballistik) and BASE sticks. The BASE are a great value at $140 US. Play a bit whippy and have a lot of curves to choose from. I'm using a new Combat Pure right now. Blade seems to have a nice dampened feel to it and good pop. Only used it once so far.

Here's some Combat curve comparisons: Patterns:
CC (similar to Coffey), HCR (Heel Curve Round, similar to Drury), HCS (Heel Curve Square, similar to Lidstrom), IC (similar to Iginla), MC (similar to Modano), SC (similar to Spezza), TC (Toe Curve, similar to Sakic)

flyers10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 06:46 PM
ArrogantOwl

I do know Harrow makes some pretty nice lacrosse stuff that I've had the pleasure to use, but not sure how that carries over to hockey.

Old
12-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Does anyone have any experience of Fischer (known better as a ski manufacturer) sticks? Has anyone even seen one in North America?

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Gibson19

Well update on my hockey tron. I've got a four inch crack along the face of the blade. I'm gonna use it til it breaks but it's probably gonna die after tonights game. So the average life span for these two sticks I've bought from them are about 2 months per stick. I'm done with them.

They won't stop spamming me with promotions like everyday either.

Gibson19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 10:18 PM
stamkosisboss

Ya I use the Blue Ice nano, ive had it for about 2 years now and I have loved it. Great price as mentioned above

stamkosisboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 11:42 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

vCash: 588
Love my rebellon black line red sticks as well Winnwell Makes an amazing stick for under
a 100 bucks GX 8. http://howtohockey.com/winnwell-gx-8...y-stick-review

I have 2 fury shafts but they are heavy and I use them for pond hockey.

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 07:35 PM
r3cc0s

I've also heard nothing but good thing about the Nano... but its just so hard to pay that price when I can find a One95, SE16, or even a retail price T90 for about the same.

I did however try a Miken stick the other day, and was impressed, and the rep said he can get me them for about $100 a piece

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Alkali, new brand, ex-Mission guys, roller specific, but their sticks look sick and I'm sure can be used for ice as well, except one that I recently ordered which is ABS since I play on asphalt rinks

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:21 PM
ArrogantOwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
Alkali, new brand, ex-Mission guys, roller specific, but their sticks look sick and I'm sure can be used for ice as well, except one that I recently ordered which is ABS since I play on asphalt rinks
I thought one was also from Bauer?

Old
12-13-2011, 09:18 PM
malkovsby

if you can find any montreal player sticks you can really rip the puck with em

malkovsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
I got a combat 52 cal and that stick is amazing.

Out of all the sticks ive had in my life, the EQ50 was better but this stick is performing beyond expectations. Great whip.

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Howard35

Quote:
Their sticks are crap. Skates might be legit but their sticks are bad. I know of three people who used it and their bad. Plenty of room to improve.

Old
12-14-2011, 12:42 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
I thought one was also from Bauer?
ohh I think you misunderstood me when I said "one" I meant a stick from Alkali, not a One (brand name) stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Their sticks are crap. Skates might be legit but their sticks are bad. I know of three people who used it and their bad. Plenty of room to improve.
care to elaborate on why they are crap? I mean I can't say because I still haven't used mine, but from what I've seen it's exactly what I'm looking for, the CA3 is a one piece composite with an ABS blade, something which I can't find unless I suck at seeking it out

plus the sticks aesthetically look pretty sweet, again I would have to reply when I use mine

well their skates have a notable incline, something which obviously has been inspired by the Mission skates

Old
12-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Howard35

Quote:
ohh I think you misunderstood me when I said "one" I meant a stick from Alkali, not a One (brand name) stick

care to elaborate on why they are crap? I mean I can't say because I still haven't used mine, but from what I've seen it's exactly what I'm looking for, the CA3 is a one piece composite with an ABS blade, something which I can't find unless I suck at seeking it out

plus the sticks aesthetically look pretty sweet, again I would have to reply when I use mine

well their skates have a notable incline, something which obviously has been inspired by the Mission skates
The stick is heavy and has a poor whip. Play with it for a while. It's one of those sticks you think just needs to be broken in a little, but then you're 5-10 games in and its still not feeling right.

Old
12-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
The stick is heavy and has a poor whip. Play with it for a while. It's one of those sticks you think just needs to be broken in a little, but then you're 5-10 games in and its still not feeling right.
Yeah I've read that it's a bit blade heavy but that's to be expected from ABS I guess ...either way I'll be able to test it out on Friday since its supposed to arrive to tomorrow

Old
12-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Blueland89

Quote:
I have the Combat 45 cal and I love will probabley buy another when this one breaks.

Yeah Jagr uses them, some other players who used them or atleast used to are dustin Brown, Zach Bogosian, Ondrej Pavelec, Radim Vbrata, and Laurie Korpikoski.

I have a pair of Winnwell gloves also they are actually the one in my avatar with my son. I like them comfortable, light, breathable, durable I like'm and got a good deal on them.

Winnwell gloves are were being worn by atleast Rick Nash, Matt Stajan, Kyle Quincey, and I believe M.A Bergeron I looked this up a little while back so it may be wrong. Doug gilmour used to wear them

Blueland89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 07:16 PM
ArrogantOwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueland89 View Post
I have the Combat 45 cal and I love will probabley buy another when this one breaks.

Yeah Jagr uses them, some other players who used them or atleast used to are dustin Brown, Zach Bogosian, Ondrej Pavelec, Radim Vbrata, and Laurie Korpikoski.

I have a pair of Winnwell gloves also they are actually the one in my avatar with my son. I like them comfortable, light, breathable, durable I like'm and got a good deal on them.

Winnwell gloves are were being worn by atleast Rick Nash, Matt Stajan, Kyle Quincey, and I believe M.A Bergeron I looked this up a little while back so it may be wrong. Doug gilmour used to wear them
He uses Combat Pures.