HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2012, 12:12 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
That's not too bad, so you think he has 2nd line potential in his future?
I see him playing the 3rd line with Eller and AK/Geoffrion if AK is traded for a year or two depending on his progress.Eventually getting top six minutes after he's learned the NHL game from a defensive role,the same for Eller.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:33 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Watched the North Dakota vs Denver game on Friday night, did a little write up on it, was a hell of a game to watch, very intense and physical.

http://www.habprospects.com/modules....rticle&sid=173

Also liked the duo of Gord Miller and Kerry Fraser doing the game as there were a ton of calls and one player got tossed, so it was very interesting to hear the former NHL ref giving his thoughts.

Kristo had a big night, was likely the best player on the ice, he setup the opening goal and then scored on penalty shot. Was physically involved all night in what turned out to be a huge game as that win helped them secure home ice for the playoffs in 2 weeks, and should help their pairwise rankings for the frozen four tournament.

I was also impressed with Didier, he played a solid physical and defensive game despite ND really taking it DU. He got into with Kristo a couple times which was interesting to see.

Watched some of the 2nd ND/DU game last night. Wasn't as good of a game to watch. I thought MacMillan was playing better but Kristo and Didier looked better on Friday. Denver and North Dakota battle for 3rd place in the WCHA, as the regular season ends next weekend for the WCHA and Hockey East Conferences. DU and ND both will have home ice in the playoffs but don't have a frozen four chance locked down, so one or both will need to pick it up.

Michigan gets a 1st round bye but didn't repeat as CCHA regular season champs. The CCHA playoffs start next weekend.

If Dustin Walsh is to make it back this season, Dartmouth plays what could be their final games of the season as the playoffs start Friday night on the road for the big green against St. Lawrence so it should be a good series as it's a best of 3 so Dartmouth has to win at least one on the road to have a shot to advance in the ECAC playoffs. I haven't heard any update on Walsh so it's too bad the hip injury continues to hamper him as you hate to see him miss playoff hockey on top of most of the season. But on the other hand, if he can take care of it now and just rest until Nov when Dartmouth starts the new season in what would be his final year in the NCAA.

Quailer helped his team to a big win on Friday night but they got thumped last night. Next weekend in the final 2 games of the regular season, so Quailer's season is likely coming to a quick end as they will be on the road to start the Hockey East playoffs in 2 weeks, so that could be the last games he plays this year unless he opts to turn pro and go to Hamilton. then again the team might not want to risk reinjury to the knee and might want him to take it easy until the summer.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Was Kishel hurt or was he back at not playing regularly again?

Old
02-26-2012, 05:23 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Was Kishel hurt or was he back at not playing regularly again?
He is not injured, seems like since the start of February they started giving games to freshman/sophomore D who didn't play much this season.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:35 PM
le_sean

Went to the Knights/67s game today. Tinordi got a goal on a nice wrister.

He's relied upon a lot at ES and on the PK. He's great at forcing guys to the outside and laid some massive hits. He's got very good defensive awareness and doesn't chase the puck everywhere. He's the most vocal player on the ice with his teammates.

The problem is his puck skills. I don't know if he lacks confidence but sometimes he should just take a second or two longer with the puck and make better decisions. He is able to make a tape to tape pass when he has time, but if he gets the puck in the defensive zone he simply throws it down the ice. That's fine sometimes but not every time. He reminds me a lot of Gill in that regard. Off the boards or flipped down the middle.

I think he would benefit a lot in the AHL and NHL. I think bigger and more physical guys will bring out even more of the physicality in him. But the biggest reason is that he will work in a specific system in which he knows where his teammates should be. That should help with the puck skills.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:47 PM
EveryDay

3 assists for Holland so far today...ranked 6th in points in the WHL

Old
02-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Impossible Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
3 assists for Holland so far today...ranked 6th in points in the WHL
96 points for him now 34 more than last year, and the season is not over yet.

I guess it's a very good progression for a 7th round pick in 2010...

Old
02-26-2012, 11:13 PM
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucheneToEller View Post
96 points for him now 34 more than last year, and the season is not over yet.

I guess it's a very good progression for a 7th round pick in 2010...
4 assists on the night, that is 4 straight 4 point games for Holland and gives him a total of 24 points in his past 6 games.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants19 View Post
4 assists on the night, that is 4 straight 4 point games for Holland and gives him a total of 24 points in his past 6 games.
Damn. I guess I need to start watching his game. Are they streamed sometimes ?

Also any apparent flaws in his play?

Old
02-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Damn. I guess I need to start watching his game. Are they streamed sometimes ?

Also any apparent flaws in his play?
He's not a very big or strong guy, as of yet. I don't see him having a huge impact in Hamilton next season. Maybe in two years he'll show a bit of what he's got in the AHL.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
At least one guy the habs can rely on is Timmins (and his staff)

Old
02-27-2012, 12:42 AM
double5son10

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Watched the North Dakota vs Denver game on Friday night, did a little write up on it, was a hell of a game to watch, very intense and physical.

http://www.habprospects.com/modules....rticle&sid=173

Also liked the duo of Gord Miller and Kerry Fraser doing the game as there were a ton of calls and one player got tossed, so it was very interesting to hear the former NHL ref giving his thoughts.

Kristo had a big night, was likely the best player on the ice, he setup the opening goal and then scored on penalty shot. Was physically involved all night in what turned out to be a huge game as that win helped them secure home ice for the playoffs in 2 weeks, and should help their pairwise rankings for the frozen four tournament.

I was also impressed with Didier, he played a solid physical and defensive game despite ND really taking it DU. He got into with Kristo a couple times which was interesting to see.

Watched some of the 2nd ND/DU game last night. Wasn't as good of a game to watch. I thought MacMillan was playing better but Kristo and Didier looked better on Friday. Denver and North Dakota battle for 3rd place in the WCHA, as the regular season ends next weekend for the WCHA and Hockey East Conferences. DU and ND both will have home ice in the playoffs but don't have a frozen four chance locked down, so one or both will need to pick it up.

Michigan gets a 1st round bye but didn't repeat as CCHA regular season champs. The CCHA playoffs start next weekend.

If Dustin Walsh is to make it back this season, Dartmouth plays what could be their final games of the season as the playoffs start Friday night on the road for the big green against St. Lawrence so it should be a good series as it's a best of 3 so Dartmouth has to win at least one on the road to have a shot to advance in the ECAC playoffs. I haven't heard any update on Walsh so it's too bad the hip injury continues to hamper him as you hate to see him miss playoff hockey on top of most of the season. But on the other hand, if he can take care of it now and just rest until Nov when Dartmouth starts the new season in what would be his final year in the NCAA.

Quailer helped his team to a big win on Friday night but they got thumped last night. Next weekend in the final 2 games of the regular season, so Quailer's season is likely coming to a quick end as they will be on the road to start the Hockey East playoffs in 2 weeks, so that could be the last games he plays this year unless he opts to turn pro and go to Hamilton. then again the team might not want to risk reinjury to the knee and might want him to take it easy until the summer.
I work a 2nd job as an usher for DU games. FYI Jacques Martin was at both games. Gave a big smile on Saturday when I hollered out to him about Kristo's penalty shot the previous night. Kristo did look very good in game 1.
I've been impressed all season with Didier. He's raw and on the 3rd pairing, so he doesn't see a lot of offensive opportunities, but he skates well for a big kid and seems to have good instincts; he's defensively responsible and rarely out of position, plays w/ grit but isn't stupid about his physicality. I'm looking forward to watching him develop.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:49 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by double5son10 View Post
I work a 2nd job as an usher for DU games. FYI Jacques Martin was at both games. Gave a big smile on Saturday when I hollered out to him about Kristo's penalty shot the previous night. Kristo did look very good in game 1.
I've been impressed all season with Didier. He's raw and on the 3rd pairing, so he doesn't see a lot of offensive opportunities, but he skates well for a big kid and seems to have good instincts; he's defensively responsible and rarely out of position, plays w/ grit but isn't stupid about his physicality. I'm looking forward to watching him develop.
Interesting. I thought they'd give him the Q games. Nope

Thanks for the info. Stop by more often.

Old
02-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Watched Ellis, Bournival vs. Halifax on Saturday afternoon. First, it was great game with lots of skill and good goaltending on display.

Ellis played really well. He has great positioning and is a man among boys on the back end. He is great at retreiving the puck on the dump-in and wins every battle for the puck on the boards. He had something going with MacKinnon and those two seemed to go at it with each other hard at times (MacKinnon is so good). On the negative side, he has slowish feet. And Ellis is very methodical and deliberate in his movements (there is not much explosive about Ellis). Good hard low point shot too.

Bournival played hard both ways but was off a bit timing-wise. Good to see that he still works hard when he is having an off day.

Old
02-27-2012, 09:48 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
that was a heck of a game on Friday. I saw Joe Sakic was there on Friday night, didn't know that Martin was there. I like Didier and think he's shown good improvement from the start of the season to how he's playing now. Should be interesting to see how he can do next year with a little more ice time.

Old
02-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Is the D pairing on Collegehockeystats real or do they not represent when they are actually playing? 'Cause most of the year, Didier was in fact on the last pairing but at one point seemed to have reached the 2nd and one or 2 games on the 1st? Possible? Or that site just put the players like that with no real order?

Old
02-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Bullsmith

Holland is on an incredible tear lately. Everything I hear about the guy says he's borderline to make the NHL and won't be an impact player if he does, but at the same time he's having a hell of a season in the W. Hard not to hope he can develop into a legit 2nd-3rd liner with the stats he's putting up.

This season absolutely sucks, but as a fan of the prospect side of the game, the additions of Holland, Boom Boom jr. jr. and three second round picks are something to be happy about.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:10 PM
zzoo

Patrick Holland

Patrick Holland has had 26 points in his last 10 games ! 2.6 ppg is not too bad.

Holland is now ranked #6, with 96 pts in 62 games. 1.55 ppg.
While injured Gallagher is ranked #20, with 71 pts in 46 games. 1.54ppg

Last year, in WHL, RNH finished #4 with 106 pts in 69 games. 1.54ppg
In 2009-10, Eberle finished #3 with 102 pts in 72 games. 1.42 ppg.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:13 PM
llamateizer

wow not bad at all

I'm thrilled about this kid

Old
02-27-2012, 12:15 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

To me, at the worst he turns out like White (bottom-six fwd). Man..if even a little of that offense translates..I will like that trade even more.

Should be interesting to see how he develops. AHL next year for him right?

Old
02-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Bullsmith

He's coming off 4 straight 4-point games. Every scouting report I've read rates him as iffy to make the NHL, but he has sure improved his stats since he was drafted.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:18 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Could be a steal throw in from the Cammy deal.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:20 PM
EmelinHipCheck

Happy for the kid, but please, PLEASE let's not start overhyping him.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:20 PM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
He's coming off 4 straight 4-point games. Every scouting report I've read rates him as iffy to make the NHL, but he has sure improved his stats since he was drafted.
Who says Habs are not good at developping prospects, Holland doing much better as a Habs than he was as a Flame.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:21 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
To me, at the worst he turns out like White (bottom-six fwd). Man..if even a little of that offense translates..I will like that trade even more.

Should be interesting to see how he develops. AHL next year for him right?
Yup. No scout I've heard seems to think he's anything more than a quality AHLer, but you have to like how much he's improved since being drafted. Michael Ryder was a low draft pick who started in the ECHL and turned himself into a top 6 NHL player. It happens. We'll see how he does in Hamilton over the next 2 years. Hopefully, he continues to work on his game.

Closed Thread