HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Game #52: St. Louis Blues Vs Ottawa Senators | 6:30 CST | FSNMW

Old
02-08-2012, 10:41 AM
The Note
Expectations: Low

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiko View Post
I agree not a great performance, but a road win, finally more than 1 goal, overall I am happy with it. I feel it makes up for all the times they worked so hard and out played their opponent and didn't win.

I don't have the dislike for Stewart most have, I haven't given up on him yet. Certainly not his best or living up to expectations but I haven't jumped on the "trade him now" bandwagon.

The injuries have me nervous. Would like to get at least one of them back ASAP.
I would like to think by the time they get back to STL they'll have 2/4 of Arnott, Steen, AMac, and D'Ags (assuming it's not the c word)

The Note is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:07 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
I just don't want people to miss what he has begun to do right in the past fifteen games because they're so intent on criticizing how he doesn't meet their expectations.
You mean how he has 3 goals and 3 assists in his past 17 games? Or 0 goals in his past 10 games?

You shouldn't get praise when you do the little things right because Stewart, like every other NHL player is expected to do those things. If you want to say Stewart is now on Berglund's level of playing better, but not producing, that's fine, but I've had Berglund a small step above Stewart this season, so I'm not gonna start praising either one until they start producing. Stewart is a proven 60+ point player. I can understand having an off season, but anything less than 50 is completely unacceptable IMO.

Guess he went from and F to a D.

Last edited by bleedblue1223: 02-08-2012 at 11:13 AM.
bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:59 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Hitchcock's recent comments about production and effort and the recent line-ups (excluding D'Agostini's injury) make it look like Stewart was demoted to the 3rd line. I'm glad he's playing with more passion, but he needs to crank up the production if this season is going to be anything more than a disaster for him.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Bluesnatic27

Hey, maybe Stewart will pull an Elliott on us next season and produce NHL leading numbers I just hope he's with us if it happens

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

I really think Stewart should just be focused on playing Hitchcocks system and then worry about offense. Most players seem to be gripping their sticks to tight and Stewart is definitely one of them. I think if he just focuses on playing the game the right way the points will follow.

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:06 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Well I didn't quote you and as I said, I don't think Stewart should be singled out tonight I said nothing to criticize Stewart related to the game. I do think there is a dynamic on Blues boards here and elsewhere that goes like this:

1. People start accurately begin seeing and commenting on certain players who aren't playing well over long stretches of time. (I was one of the first to talk about Berglund and Stewart, I said they should trade them for Bobby Ryan who now has as many goals as the two combined and more if you take away their ENGs.)

2. Then for awhile reasonable others start speaking up and noticing the same thing.

3. Then it filters down to the lowest common denominator group who lives for that kind of trolling/confrontation and they take it to absurd levels. But these are stupid people acting out some kind of dysfunction, and it has literally nothing one way or another to do with the actual subject matter whether the player does or does not deserve criticism.

4. Then the older, longtime fan crew begins attacking those posters (who are gnats that should be expected), and everyone who criticizes the original players is lumped in together. So the original critique, which remains valid and unchanged, has now been caricatured as something only (insert ad hominem here) posters make while the wiser posters know better and more and they begin to defend the player(s) almost reflexively.

It's a crap dynamic.

But it happens over and over and over. IMO it happens because the older and wiser crowd takes the bait of the trolling gnats every time. EVERY TIME. But it winds up being a giant disservice everywhere. And it's primarily the fault of the older and wiser crowd.
This didn't happen with near the frequency here prior to the dissolution of the official Blues board.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
This didn't happen with near the frequency here prior to the dissolution of the official Blues board.
Agreed. I also noticed the same thing after Walter left.

I wonder where he and ChicagoBlues went? There are a few old posters I wish were still here.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote