HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars and GBR: #51 @ Devils

View Poll Results: POTG
Artem Anisimov 1 1.85%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Marian Gaborik 5 9.26%
Brandon Dubinsky 0 0%
Brandon Prust 3 5.56%
Brian Boyle 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 0 0%
Mike Rupp 1 1.85%
John Mitchell 0 0%
Carl Hagelin 8 14.81%
Henrik Lunqvist 25 46.30%
Ryan McDonagh 6 11.11%
Dan Girardi 1 1.85%
Michael Del Zotto 3 5.56%
Stu Bickel 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
If it's a "push", it's about the lightest interpretation we can have of a "push".

As numerous people have already stated here, the call could have gone either way.

And frankly, if THAT'S going to be the definition of "push" from here to eternity, I'd rather the goal stand because I dont want any further pussification of the sport that I love, because if that's a "push", then we may as well eliminate hockey contact altogether, because defensemen wont want to get within 8 feet of an opposing forward.

What Volchenkov SHOULD have done in that situation with < 5 seconds left on the clock is what Scott Stevens used to do in those situations with < 5 seconds left on the clock, which is to put a WWF move on Gaborik and take a ridiculously blatant penalty by hauling the opposing forward down with a bear tackle.

Because who cares if you're shorthanded with 2.8 seconds left in the game? It's better than giving up a scoring glance.
If thats your attitude why dont you just tell Marty to push the net off if the Rangers are about to get a late chance?

Same ****.

I don't remember Stevens doing that, but it doesn't surprise me considering how classless he is.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Parisalchuk View Post
Im sorry, I didnt see in the rules where if a game goes into OT that the Rangers get the automatic win. EVEN if yesterday went to overtime whos to say the Rangers get the win, and if there was continuous OT whose to say the Rangers would win in that situation?

No worries though, Devils still are 2-1 against the Rangers and thats all that matters, dirty wins are still wins.
Thats fine, but just remember you were on your way 0 points if not for an absurd bounce, and we tied the game with 3 seconds left last night.

Be happy all you want about the result, but if you can't admit you got lucky youre just kidding yourself.

Not asking you to give it back, I wouldn't either.

Old
02-08-2012, 01:06 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
If thats your attitude why dont you just tell Marty to push the net off if the Rangers are about to get a late chance?

Same ****.

I don't remember Stevens doing that, but it doesn't surprise me considering how classless he is.
Please give me an examples of Stevens being classless. Don't let the rivalry overshadow his accomplishments as a player.

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
If it's a "push", it's about the lightest interpretation we can have of a "push".

As numerous people have already stated here, the call could have gone either way.

And frankly, if THAT'S going to be the definition of "push" from here to eternity, I'd rather the goal stand because I dont want any further pussification of the sport that I love, because if that's a "push", then we may as well eliminate hockey contact altogether, because defensemen wont want to get within 8 feet of an opposing forward.

What Volchenkov SHOULD have done in that situation with < 5 seconds left on the clock is what Scott Stevens used to do in those situations with < 5 seconds left on the clock, which is to put a WWF move on Gaborik and take a ridiculously blatant penalty by hauling the opposing forward down with a bear tackle.

Because who cares if you're shorthanded with 2.8 seconds left in the game? It's better than giving up a scoring glance.
There is snow blowing off his skates, which means he's stopping. Congrats on your two fluke wins. And on winning the February Cup.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Thats fine, but just remember you were on your way 0 points if not for an absurd bounce, and we tied the game with 3 seconds left last night.

Be happy all you want about the result, but if you can't admit you got lucky youre just kidding yourself.

Let's be serious. The rangers had no business winning the first matchup 4-1. The king bailed you out in the first and second periods of that game. Conversely, the second game the rangers should have won, until that fortuitious bounce to Clarkson. Last night, Lundqvist thwarted the devils again, in that the game should not have been 1-0 heading into the third.

Tundra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:08 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
There is snow blowing off his skates, which means he's stopping. Congrats on your two fluke wins. And on winning the February Cup.
If this was your team that won, you'd be just as happy. Don't say you wouldn't either. It's a 2 way street here.

Old
02-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
I'm not even talking about. I just said everyone has eyes.

Watch it again, when you've calmed down and the TV is on mute in real time.

It's going to get called every time. Here's a play where it happened in favor of you guys:

well look at that.. and in this video, Dubinsky appears to be pushing Pacioretty (at least more so, then compared to Volchenkov). And Pacioretty got the penalty... goalie interference.... in favor of lundqvist... it was OK then? But NOT ok now? Give me a break. Calls go for you and against you throughout the year.

Quote:

Complete luck for us, at least game 2 this season ( i will disagree about last night). Absolutely game 2. You need luck to win. Sometimes bad luck goes against you for a loss. We had that happen to us a bunch of times recently. In seems finally the Devils are getting some puck-love / on the winning side of calls, and I for one apologize for nothing.

Quote:
Snow blowing off your skates... at the very end of the game/period (in which the ice is garbage) does not mean he's stopping. Sure, he's slowing down... but ask anyone who has ice skated... you can "slow down" without actually stopping. If you watch it in real time, Gaborik knew full well he was going to hit him.

Winning the cup in February? Grow up. We beat the team with the best record in the East. A huge rival. On top of that, we're making moves to look like we can make the playoffs. Of course we're happy.

/troll

Last edited by Mr Bojanglez: 02-08-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Please give me an examples of Stevens being classless. Don't let the rivalry overshadow his accomplishments as a player.

Hit was clean but the game was over. There was never a reason to attempt to kill someone in a game that is over.

That hit disgusts me just as much as the dirty hits we see today.

Old
02-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
Boston has scored nearly 40 more goals than the rangers. Philly 30 more. The Rangers aren't nearly in their class in terms of manufacturing offense consistently from 3 lines.

And for the record, I've watched about 10 ranger games. On paper, the rangers have a better team. Lundqvist is Brodeur's superior. The Rangers defense is top notch. But the devils forwards are definitely superior in terms of star power and versatility. The devils boast 5 players up front with 15 goals or more.
Don't care about Philly. Their goaltending and defense is pathetic.

Old
02-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Quote:
Let's be serious. The rangers had no business winning the first matchup 4-1. The king bailed you out in the first and second periods of that game. Conversely, the second game the rangers should have won, until that fortuitious bounce to Clarkson. Last night, Lundqvist thwarted the devils again, in that the game should not have been 1-0 heading into the third.
Having your goalie steal is a game is more worthy than getting a gift bounce off the boards, or having a goal wiped out with 3 seconds to go.

Old
02-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Parisalchuk View Post
Im sorry, I didnt see in the rules where if a game goes into OT that the Rangers get the automatic win. EVEN if yesterday went to overtime whos to say the Rangers get the win, and if there was continuous OT whose to say the Rangers would win in that situation?

No worries though, Devils still are 2-1 against the Rangers and thats all that matters, dirty wins are still wins.
And who says the Devils would win those? We can go back and forth all day with this.

Old
02-08-2012, 01:11 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:

Man, I haven't seen FS this mad since his neighbor accused him of destroying his driveway.

02-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Quote:
Boston has scored nearly 40 more goals than the rangers. Philly 30 more. The Rangers aren't nearly in their class in terms of manufacturing offense consistently from 3 lines.

And for the record, I've watched about 10 ranger games. On paper, the rangers have a better team. Lundqvist is Brodeur's superior. The Rangers defense is top notch. But the devils forwards are definitely superior in terms of star power and versatility. The devils boast 5 players up front with 15 goals or more.
lol wut They've also given up over 50 more goals and lost to us 4 out of 4 times this year

Old
02-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Man, I haven't seen FS this mad since his neighbor accused him of destroying his driveway.
ROFL

today he drove past me as I was coming home and I gave him a troll fist pump/wave

Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Having your goalie steal is a game is more worthy than getting a gift bounce off the boards, or having a goal wiped out with 3 seconds to go.
This. A goalie is part of the team. I wouldn't see you whining if Gaborik had a hat trick. It's one player, just like the goalie.
And for the record, a goalie is part of the team, while stanchions and refs aren't.

Old
Tundra

Quote:
Don't care about Philly. Their goaltending and defense is pathetic.
I agree. But you matchup much better with them than we do, due to your stellar defense. You can lock down on them and exploit their crappy backend and goalie.

Tundra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:14 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
And who says the Devils would win those? We can go back and forth all day with this.
Exactly. So why don't we focus on what happened? The Devils won. A very fortunate bounce took the Devils into overtime last week, and a favorable call gave the Devils a regulation win last night. Luck is a part of the game. At the end of the day, they count as W's in the standings, not W*. There are no asterisks for luck.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:15 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

So now we're saying that games have more worth to them depending on what the outcome is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
Exactly. So why don't we focus on what happened? The Devils won. A very fortunate bounce took the Devils into overtime last week, and a favorable call gave the Devils a regulation win last night. Luck is a part of the game. At the end of the day, they count as W's in the standings, not W*. There are no asterisks for luck.
As my father says, I'll take luck over skill any day of the week.

Sometimes teams get the lucky bounces. There's nothing you can do about it except move on and play harder next game.

Old
02-08-2012, 01:18 PM
McRanger

Back in the day Devils fans would never have to invade our boards after wins, except maybe to rub it in. They would just point to the standings and laugh at us while we all freaked out after a loss.

Now they are here defending their victories like their lives depend on it.

Truly is a new era for the Devils. I like it.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Lou's Koolaid
I live here

vCash: 162
Quote:
Wait now we got a long way to go in Feburary! Plaese don't jinx us!

Lou's Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:20 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Back in the day Devils fans would never have to invade our boards after wins, except maybe to rub it in. They would just point to the standings and laugh at us while we all freaked out after a loss.

I'm not defending anything. I'm trying to have a civil conversation, one I will probably have with my husband tonight anyway. Just trying to gather all points of view.

Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post

Old
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
ROFL

today he drove past me as I was coming home and I gave him a troll fist pump/wave
LOL should have blasted Jericho's theme in your car while trolling.

On the game, Rangers lost because they didn't show up for 40 minutes. The Devils outplayed them in those 40 minutes and basically dominated the first period too. When that happens and add in the fact that the Devils are extremely hot, chances are you're not gonna win.

Big part of the reason why the Rangers turned it on in the 3rd was because of the Devils sitting back. I don't think they adjusted well the first 40 minutes when it was obvious Marty playing the puck was killing their forecheck. Next time the two teams meet, the Rangers gotta adjust and not come out flat as hell and I have confidence they will get a W. Marty also came up big when he needed to but he's shown before that he's prone to softies and has declined at his age. He is beatable but last night he wasn't. Hat tip to him.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou's Koolaid View Post
Wait now we got a long way to go in Feburary! Plaese don't jinx us!
It's all part of the plan

Old
02-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
Fair enough. Not asking anyone to give the win back. All I want to see is people acknowledge the breaks you got.

Devils played well enough to win both games, either way. As did we, though IMO.

Can't wait to play again. It was getting a little boring beating you guys every time