Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Baseball > Fantasy Baseball - ATD
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Fantasy Baseball Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2012, 08:32 PM
JaeTM

vCash: 500
I need a little help with my team, I'm in last place, 20+ games out and there's only 10 weeks or so left in the season. I need to start doing something. It's a keeper league as well. I need to make a move to get some offense but I really don't know who to trade.

C: Yadier Molina
1B: Mark Teixeira
2B: Dustin Pedroia
3B: Ryan Zimmerman
SS: Jed Lowrie
OF: Chris Young
OF: Austin Jackson
OF: Ichiro Suzuki
UTI: Rafael Furcal
BN: Troy Tulowitzki (DL)
DL: Carl Crawford
DL: Ryan Howard

SP: Stephen Strasburg
SP: Johan Santana
SP: Jake Peavy
SP: Jarrod Parker
SP: C.J. Wilson
SP: Josh Beckett
RP: Fernando Rodney
RP: Santiago Casilla
RP: Ryan Cook
RP: Tyler Clippard
RP: Aaron Crow

How can an infield of Molina, Tex, Pedroia, Zimmerman and Tulo be in last place?

Old
06-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

My ERA in my rotisserie scoring league is a 4.64 overall (next lowest 4.5 then 4.38 and most people with below a 4). I think that's beyond fixable

Might as well start everyone everyday and keep my #2 ranking in Ks and wins. My WHIP is finally starting to plummet and my saves are racking up so I'm starting to pass people again in those categories. I'm top 3 in HRs, RBIs, and runs, but nearly last in batting average Such a weird season.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:48 AM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTM View Post
I need a little help with my team, I'm in last place, 20+ games out and there's only 10 weeks or so left in the season. I need to start doing something. It's a keeper league as well. I need to make a move to get some offense but I really don't know who to trade.

C: Yadier Molina
1B: Mark Teixeira
2B: Dustin Pedroia
3B: Ryan Zimmerman
SS: Jed Lowrie
OF: Chris Young
OF: Austin Jackson
OF: Ichiro Suzuki
UTI: Rafael Furcal
BN: Troy Tulowitzki (DL)
DL: Carl Crawford
DL: Ryan Howard

SP: Stephen Strasburg
SP: Johan Santana
SP: Jake Peavy
SP: Jarrod Parker
SP: C.J. Wilson
SP: Josh Beckett
RP: Fernando Rodney
RP: Santiago Casilla
RP: Ryan Cook
RP: Tyler Clippard
RP: Aaron Crow

How can an infield of Molina, Tex, Pedroia, Zimmerman and Tulo be in last place?
Because, for the most part, they suck this year. Tulo is hurt obviously but Pedroia and Zimmermann have been terrible and Tex comes and goes. Looks good on paper but theyve really struggled this year.

Old
06-15-2012, 07:29 PM
JaeTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Because, for the most part, they suck this year. Tulo is hurt obviously but Pedroia and Zimmermann have been terrible and Tex comes and goes. Looks good on paper but theyve really struggled this year.
I understand, it wasn't really a question of how they are sucking because it's pretty obvious lol, I was just like, how is this infield doing so poorly?

Like I said, it's a Keeper league so Pedroia is most likely going to be one of my players that I'm keeping, so even with a tough year, it will take a lot to pry him away from me. Do I look to trade him, and if so, for what?

What do I do that basically all my players are slumping? I can't trade All-Stars for players that are "performing" now because they could become cold in an instant and lose their hot streak. Yet, I can't trade Zimmerman for an upgrade, because who in their right mind would trade a hot All-Star for a slumping All-Star.

I need help...I'm totally lost right now.

Old
06-15-2012, 08:24 PM
keslerburrows

Just made this deal.

I get Corey Hart and Ricky Romero for Brett Lawrie and Ivan Nova.

The reason I did it is because Jed Lowrie is just sitting on my bench while out playing Brett Lawrie so now I can start Jed, and With Brett Gardner suffering another set back I needed help in the OF. And Ofcourse Romero>Nova.

How'd I do?

Old
06-15-2012, 08:52 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTM View Post
I understand, it wasn't really a question of how they are sucking because it's pretty obvious lol, I was just like, how is this infield doing so poorly?

Like I said, it's a Keeper league so Pedroia is most likely going to be one of my players that I'm keeping, so even with a tough year, it will take a lot to pry him away from me. Do I look to trade him, and if so, for what?

What do I do that basically all my players are slumping? I can't trade All-Stars for players that are "performing" now because they could become cold in an instant and lose their hot streak. Yet, I can't trade Zimmerman for an upgrade, because who in their right mind would trade a hot All-Star for a slumping All-Star.

I need help...I'm totally lost right now.
Well you're in a tough spot. For me, I wouldn't give up much for either of them. They have just been terrible and, believe me, I have Zimmerman in one of my leagues. I know how it feels. If you came to me before the season and said that was your infield, I'd think you'd contend. Tulo, you can't do anything about that. Just bad luck. The others.. Even Tex hasn't been up to par. Chris Young is another big problem. He looked so good early on, changing his swing a bit and it was more effective. But since his injury he has been beyond bad. I don't think he is 100 percent and I think he came back too early.

In a keeper league, hold on to them. How many guys do you keep? I'd plan for next season because with so many "stars" slumping this far into the season, good luck trying to contend. Just sit tight and keep some of them and hope they rebound next year and I'm sure they will. You just got the unlucky break of taking guys who have sucked who others would have wanted on draft day.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:01 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Just made this deal.

I get Corey Hart and Ricky Romero for Brett Lawrie and Ivan Nova.

The reason I did it is because Jed Lowrie is just sitting on my bench while out playing Brett Lawrie so now I can start Jed, and With Brett Gardner suffering another set back I needed help in the OF. And Ofcourse Romero>Nova.

How'd I do?
Decent. Hart can get you a good amount of power and Lowrie has had alot more power than Lawrie. Confusing, I know As a Jays fan, I love Romero and watch him every time he starts. His control has been off quite a bit this year but he could be a great buy low. He's still winning atleast but I think he'll get it together soon.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:22 PM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Decent. Hart can get you a good amount of power and Lowrie has had alot more power than Lawrie. Confusing, I know As a Jays fan, I love Romero and watch him every time he starts. His control has been off quite a bit this year but he could be a great buy low. He's still winning atleast but I think he'll get it together soon.
Half the reason I traded him is to avoid the confusion and yeah I agree. I love Romero just as much as I love Lawrie and I remain some what faithful to my jays.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:16 AM
mapes

What do you guys think of a Haren/Tex swap in a keeper league? The leagues stats values speed, avg and pitchers a lot (singles, doubles and triples count, as well as pretty much all pitching cats). I have no pitcher worth keeping (they suck aside from Dempster who I don't see repeating this). To keep tex it would have cost me a 2013 3rd, to keep Haren it cost a 2013 4th. I have Miguel Cabrera and Kinsler that I may keep costing me a 1st and 2nd. I didn't want to lose my top 3 picks. Thoughts? Can Haren rebound?

My other keepers are Bourne costing a 7th and Perez costing a 17th.

Old
06-17-2012, 01:14 AM
keslerburrows

I know this could be potentially the 4rth time
I've traded/traded for Hart this year but how does this look for me:

I trade Hart and Brandon McCarthy for Heyward, Derek Holland and Tim Hudson.

Old
06-17-2012, 07:52 AM
mapes

Is there any guys who might take over the closing roles soon? I need saves in a h2h league. I have Perez and Marmol (just took over the role) then Tom Wilhelmsen and Pryor in case League blows it again.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:36 PM
keslerburrows

Any of you guys know who a solid player I could trade Ortiz for could be? Looking for someone who can hit around 25 homers, solid avg. and pitch in a few SB's. Just exploring options as I have 3 empty spots in my roster so a 2-1 with Ortiz being the 1 going the other way could work.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:39 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

What position?

Old
06-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Looking for someone who can hit around 25 homers, solid avg. and pitch in a few SB's.
Hunter Pence springs to mind. You'd need to get more than him back for Ortiz, though.

Old
06-19-2012, 04:08 PM
topshelfie

Thoughts from anyone on my team? I have a .500 record in a H2H league and I need to make some improvements.

Ruiz
Pedroia
Pujols
Trumbo
Jeter
Wieters
A Ramirez
Cruz
Gordon
Pagan
Pierre
Suzuki
Cespedes
Utley(DL)

Strasburg
Hernandez
Peavy
Macdonald
Moore
Worley
Jackson
Beckett(DL)
Nathan
Frieri
Wilhemsen
Buchholz

Old
06-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Quote:
Any of you guys know who a solid player I could trade Ortiz for could be? Looking for someone who can hit around 25 homers, solid avg. and pitch in a few SB's. Just exploring options as I have 3 empty spots in my roster so a 2-1 with Ortiz being the 1 going the other way could work.
Depends on what type of league, 1 year or keeper. I'm in a keeper league so it may not translate, but I recently traded Ortiz for Billy Butler and a 2nd round pick. I suppose I could have gotten more value for him, but I was really searching for 2 things, age (younger the better), and consistency (Butler's calling card).

Old
06-19-2012, 05:39 PM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres57 View Post
Hunter Pence springs to mind. You'd need to get more than him back for Ortiz, though.
Sad part is, I already have Pence on my team.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:39 PM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
What position?
Doesn't matter it would be for my Utility spot

Old
06-19-2012, 07:13 PM
KH1

I've got both Altuve and Aviles at second base, and am looking to move one to improve my pitching. Who would you guys keep?

Old
06-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Sad part is, I already have Pence on my team.
What about Melky Cabrera? He'd be pretty hard to get, I'm sure, but mostly fits what you're looking for. Doesn't have 25-HR pop, but he does everything else well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1 View Post
I've got both Altuve and Aviles at second base, and am looking to move one to improve my pitching. Who would you guys keep?
Altuve's a way better player, which means he'd have more trade value. I doubt Aviles and his .284 OBP would bring back anything special in a trade. So would you rather have a weak link like Aviles at second plus another good starting pitcher or have a solid second baseman (Altuve) and a hole in your rotation? It's a dilemma.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:31 PM
canucksfan

vCash: 990
Who would you choose Reddick or Kubel for LF?

Old
06-20-2012, 12:26 AM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
Who would you choose Reddick or Kubel for LF?
Probably Reddick.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:16 AM
Fighter
Legend

What a great move was to drop Trumbo for Cespedes At least I picked up Jose Bautista to make up for it...

Old
06-21-2012, 12:06 AM
canucksfan

vCash: 990
Quote:
Probably Reddick.
I was leaning towards Reddick too but he is struggling a lot now. I think he will bounce back though.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:56 PM
I Am Beat You

Landed King Felix and Yadier Molina for McCann, Young and BJ Upton. Will be picking up Aramis Ramirez, my team is badly in need of pitching.

Closed Thread