Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Cleary=Jerry Gergich

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
I get way more excited for games each day but ya, playoffs can be unfair. Like this year if you had Bautista and Strasburg, good luck.
There's 13 categories and he only had ERA and WHIP in hand going into Sunday. Everything else was within 2-5 and we were tied in Saves and Wins. And Don'tcha know Willingham, Granderson, Molina, Zimmerman and Jennings get the day off and Walker was already hurt.

I ended up losing like 8-4-1 or something but every category was close.

In my other league I was winning my division with a few weeks to go and the guy in 2nd made some shady trades with a bottom feeder that went through cause the commish never got on in time to veto and beat me by like a half of game.

Next year I'll probably drop out of the latter and try to convince everyone to make the former a Roto league.

Old
09-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Everlong
-

JJ effing Hardy. 22 points today. Helping me in the Semis.

Old
09-13-2012, 05:14 AM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
There's 13 categories and he only had ERA and WHIP in hand going into Sunday. Everything else was within 2-5 and we were tied in Saves and Wins. And Don'tcha know Willingham, Granderson, Molina, Zimmerman and Jennings get the day off and Walker was already hurt.

I ended up losing like 8-4-1 or something but every category was close.

In my other league I was winning my division with a few weeks to go and the guy in 2nd made some shady trades with a bottom feeder that went through cause the commish never got on in time to veto and beat me by like a half of game.

Next year I'll probably drop out of the latter and try to convince everyone to make the former a Roto league.
In '09 I ran away with the regular season, lost 7-5 in first round or something. Last time I did H2H until this year.

Old
09-13-2012, 04:08 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Just picked up Chris Denorfia (SD) for my semi's. This guy has been on a tear lately, but hasn't played in two days. Any Padres fans out there non whats up? I need help, im losing this week so far and only have two moves left. I would like to keep them for any pitching help needed later in the week, but if this guy isn't going to play I better use a move on a new OF

Old
09-17-2012, 02:18 PM
ricky0034

team hit 3/33 yesterday and I lose on batting average by a few points and runs by 1(even tying in one of them would have gotten me to the second round)

ah well lets see how my better team that just had a bye week does

Old
09-19-2012, 11:44 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Really wish I would have traded trumbo for some help now. Sitting in second but I could be in first.

Old
09-22-2012, 12:28 AM
ricky0034

terrible week for my offense as far as counting stats go so far(losing 30-9 in runs,8-2 in home runs,39-8 in rbis) fortunately I have 7 stolen bases and my pitching has been great so me advancing is still looking good

Old
09-26-2012, 01:08 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

My freaking team can't buy a break. I've had some unbelievably good numbers recently, but I can't freaking gain any ground. All I need are stolen bases, and no one is stealing any!

Old
09-27-2012, 03:56 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
My freaking team can't buy a break. I've had some unbelievably good numbers recently, but I can't freaking gain any ground. All I need are stolen bases, and no one is stealing any!
Same here. Picked up Everth Cabrera Sunday and hasn't had any (had 3 ON Sunday but obv couldn't play him). I have Davis and Bourn too but Bourn has been hurt and Davis keeps getting caught

Old
09-27-2012, 04:34 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

And whoever's on my bench manages to break out. Last week was Swisher, today Reddick hit two 2 HRs and ugh.

Old
09-27-2012, 05:05 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
And whoever's on my bench manages to break out. Last week was Swisher, today Reddick hit two 2 HRs and ugh.
Don't you hate that? Ike Davis did that to me this week. When Bautista came back for the few days, I noticed right before game time so I swaped them and played Bautista and benched Chris Davis. Baltimore and Jays were actually playing eachother so I was watching the game. Bautista went 0 for 4 and Davis? Meh, he didn't hit 1 homerun. He didn't even hit 2. He hit 3! Major facepalm.

Old
09-28-2012, 02:39 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

And even when I have good days, I manage to lose points because of the categories I'm leading in. Ugh. Next year more of a focus on steals.

Old
09-28-2012, 12:41 PM
mapes

Everth Cabrera is a good source of steals if you need it. 2B and SS eligible.

Old
09-28-2012, 10:31 PM
ForzaFCBAnaheim

Need some advice in the following trade I was offered in one of my keeper leagues. We keep 8 players:

I give: Encarnacion + Castro
I get: Longoria + Zobrist.

Other potential keepers I have are: Kershaw, Lee, Mauer, Trout, Harper, Tulo, Pedroia.
Scoring for batters is: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, OBP and XBH.

I guess I'm not really sure what to expect going forward from Encarnacion. Will he be able to put up similar seasons as this year? And with Tulo, I guess I can move Castro. Zobrist is more or less a throw-in, because I don't think I'll keep him any way.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Old
09-29-2012, 08:53 AM
mapes

Do it. Can EE do it again? Who knows, I doubted Bautista. But Longoria, if healthy, would be a top tier 3B. Much safer pick

Old
09-29-2012, 09:26 AM
ForzaFCBAnaheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Do it. Can EE do it again? Who knows, I doubted Bautista. But Longoria, if healthy, would be a top tier 3B. Much safer pick
I obviously much rather have Longoria than Encarnacion. But I wonder if it's worth it to give Castro up for, because he is very young still and playing very well. I guess I'm wondering if I can't get a better player than Longoria for Encarnacion + Castro. Or if I should deal Tulo instead for a top-tier batter.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:56 AM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaFCBAnaheim View Post
I obviously much rather have Longoria than Encarnacion. But I wonder if it's worth it to give Castro up for, because he is very young still and playing very well. I guess I'm wondering if I can't get a better player than Longoria for Encarnacion + Castro. Or if I should deal Tulo instead for a top-tier batter.
Well since you have Tulo, go for it. Longoria - Tulo would give you a great infield. Of course, both have been injured this year but if healthy..

Old
09-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Honest question...standard keeper league 12 teams 6 picks.

Longoria Harper Trout Tulowitzki Upton Kinsler Wainwright Moore...I almost want to take all positional players and go pitcher crazy in the draft. Moore being in the AL east scares me long term.

Old
10-02-2012, 10:55 PM
ricky0034

opponent doing great offensively again in the finals(.337 average) but once again my dominant pitching is carrying me

Verlander,Weaver,Shields,Latos(plus Kennedy,Beckett,Moore) really is a pretty amazing group of starters for a 12 team league

I even straight up waived Darvish when he was sucking for Fiers(who I haven't even been playing since I don't trust him now against anyone) and it hasn't hurt me at all

Old
10-03-2012, 12:01 AM
GIN ANTONIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post

Longoria Harper Trout Tulowitzki Upton Kinsler Wainwright Moore...I almost want to take all positional players and go pitcher crazy in the draft. Moore being in the AL east scares me long term.
Which Upton?

Old
10-03-2012, 12:58 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIN ANTONIC View Post
Which Upton?
Justin Upton...I hate keeping 3 OF but the 3 OF have the potential for 80 HR and 100 SB.

Old
10-03-2012, 07:43 AM
GIN ANTONIC

Quote:
Justin Upton...I hate keeping 3 OF but the 3 OF have the potential for 80 HR and 100 SB.
Well, Trout is a no brainer. Tulo and Longoria are probably the two best at their position (or at least close) if they're healthy but that's becoming a real question. Upton should bounce back next year but that's maybe a risk too, he might need a change of scenery. Harper will continue to get better and better so I'd lock him in with Trout for sure. Kinsler is having a bit of a down year compared to last year but I dunno if you can really expect him to be a perennial 30 HR guy, but you have to look at who's better at 2B that you can pick up. I agree with you on Moore, he's a nice piece but no pitcher is ever going to truly dominate the AL east. Wainwright is obviously great and on a good team in a weak division. I dunno, it sucks keeping a high profile player and then losing them to injury for like half the year.

Old
10-03-2012, 09:11 AM
darko

Quote:

Kinsler and Wainwright would be the 2 I'd let go. Both are in their 30s now.

Old
10-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Kinsler and Wainwright would be the 2 I'd let go. Both are in their 30s now.
I think Moore and Wainwright will be dropped. This is the first year my rotation colapsed in fantasy baseball due to injuries. I lost Luebke, Beachy, Santos, Garcia and Farnsworth to injury plegged seasons, Lee was unlucky and then I lost Longoria, traded for Tulowitski before injury, experienced McCann's unlucky season, Hosmer's groundball disaster and JUpton's disaster.

It's safe to say this was a season where I went in thinking I had a dynasty and came out beat up.

Old
10-03-2012, 10:19 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

**** me. Lost 2nd place by half a point barely. Ugh.

Closed Thread