Kelly Johnson would be my pick.
Mine too

Old
05-20-2013, 05:46 PM
mapes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
He offered me Trout, Maholm for Choo, Moore and Soriano.

I really like Choo though.
Do it without hesitation. Is it Rafael Soriano? Even then, take it you won't get better value. Closers get available throughout the year. Joel Peralta might be a good option if you have room. I think he might take over eventually

I got Strasburg and a 27th round for Moore and a 10th. Thoughts? It's a keeper H2H league, I just like Strasburgs opponents rather than staying in the AL East. I hate losing Moore with the way he's been but how long will he be this good?

Old
05-20-2013, 06:08 PM
canucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Do it without hesitation. Is it Rafael Soriano? Even then, take it you won't get better value. Closers get available throughout the year. Joel Peralta might be a good option if you have room. I think he might take over eventually

I got Strasburg and a 27th round for Moore and a 10th. Thoughts? It's a keeper H2H league, I just like Strasburgs opponents rather than staying in the AL East. I hate losing Moore with the way he's been but how long will he be this good?
It is Rafael. I already have Peralta and Rodney. I have Romo too. Saves are not that big of a deal. I don't like losing Choo but Trout is better.

I think that's a good deal.

Old
05-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

I picked up Profar at the expense of the mediocre Josh Rutledge in my 12 teamer, someone already had him in my 10 teamer.

Hopefully he stays up from here on out.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Bob Barker

Quote:
I have Victor Martinez. I thought he would rip this year. However, he has sucked. Should I drop him or just wait?
What are some alternatives on the wire?

Old
05-20-2013, 10:38 PM
canucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barker View Post
What are some alternatives on the wire?
Only good one is AJ P from Texas.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Bob Barker

Quote:
Only good one is AJ P from Texas.
I think I'd grab Pierzynski.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:23 AM
darko

I'd probably stick with V-Mart little longer.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:01 AM
mapes

Damn, was going to pick up Leake this week but used my moves. Now I pray he's not picked up before Monday

Old
05-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

I've never wanted to call someone out for being an absolute **** as much as I do right now. I don't care if it's a keeper league, I don't care about ****ing FIP, I am not trading Matt Moore for Travis D'Arnaud.

Old
05-23-2013, 01:50 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
I've never wanted to call someone out for being an absolute **** as much as I do right now. I don't care if it's a keeper league, I don't care about ****ing FIP, I am not trading Matt Moore for Travis D'Arnaud.
So... I take it you have Moore? Lol

Not only is it obviously brutal but TDA has already had injury concerns which is never good for a catcher

Old
05-25-2013, 07:25 PM
mapes

If you need saves, I'd suggest picking Joel Peralta up. Rodney with yet another blown save, only a matter of time

Old
05-25-2013, 11:05 PM
Burrows19

Quote:
If you need saves, I'd suggest picking Joel Peralta up. Rodney with yet another blown save, only a matter of time
Interesting. So who do you think out of these guys to have? Peralta, Veras or F-rod/ Axford? All are available for me. Veras has the job right now and will continue to get the save chances when they happen , F-Rod or Axford will get the job in the coming days with Henderson just being placed on the DL, but I guess Peralta could be the best since he's on tampa and will get the chances more often..

EDIT: And let's throw Brandon League and Kenley Jansen out there too.

Old
05-26-2013, 03:21 AM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrows19 View Post
Interesting. So who do you think out of these guys to have? Peralta, Veras or F-rod/ Axford? All are available for me. Veras has the job right now and will continue to get the save chances when they happen , F-Rod or Axford will get the job in the coming days with Henderson just being placed on the DL, but I guess Peralta could be the best since he's on tampa and will get the chances more often..

Lol league and Jansen are beyond bad.

Old
05-26-2013, 07:54 AM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrows19 View Post

Veras won't get many opportunities. I'd possibly look at Krod. Henderson is out and I'm not sure if Axford or Krod get the job tbh, I'm just guessing. Peralta or Krod would be my suggestion.

Rodney has given up 13 ER in 19.2 IP this year. Last year gave up 5 ER in 74 IP (his ERA was lower than his WHIP). This is why I rarely draft closers early. A 1.76 WHIP this year as well

Old
05-26-2013, 08:50 AM
mapes

Pick 2:

Krod, Pettibone, Nolasco, Leake

I only get 2 moves a week and tomorrow starts a new week. I need pitching depth (it counts IP, QS and W as stats so it helps having depth). Im thinking Krod since my closers arent the best (Cishek, Soriano, Street, Peralta, Cook are my RP's) which then makes the next one a toss up. Pettibone has started his career extremely well going 3-0 and not giving up more than 3 runs in any of his starts with an ERA of 3.21. But the other 2 are safer guys. Which 1 would you pick up?

Old
05-26-2013, 09:55 AM
Burrows19

Quote:
Pick 2:

Krod, Pettibone, Nolasco, Leake

I only get 2 moves a week and tomorrow starts a new week. I need pitching depth (it counts IP, QS and W as stats so it helps having depth). Im thinking Krod since my closers arent the best (Cishek, Soriano, Street, Peralta, Cook are my RP's) which then makes the next one a toss up. Pettibone has started his career extremely well going 3-0 and not giving up more than 3 runs in any of his starts with an ERA of 3.21. But the other 2 are safer guys. Which 1 would you pick up?
Thanks for your input Mapes. I agree with you picking up Krod if you have the room haha. Regarding your other pickup that's a bit more difficult... Personally I would take Leake as your other man since he's been doing well this year, and your right in saying he's the safer option. I also like the fact he's on the reds, but that's just me. Going with Pettibone would be perfectly fine as well, then Nolasco comes last to me. Sorry I couldn't be more specific but hope this helps!

Old
05-26-2013, 09:59 AM
mapes

Thanks, I like putting them in order in case one gets grabbed before I wake up (happens alot) so that helps. Tbh that was the exact order I was thinking as well. Ike Davis and Cooke are my likely drops, Davis is terrible and Cooke likely won't take the closing job, thought he had a shot so I drafted him late but Balfour has been so good.

Old
05-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Burrows19

Yeah I drafted Balfour late aswell, he's been fantastic to date so hopefully he can keep it up!

Old
05-28-2013, 01:56 AM
keslerburrows

My team tonight.. 20 hits, .500 avg, 3 steals and 3 homers.

Thank you Kelly Johnson and Evan Gattis

Old
05-28-2013, 04:12 AM
Wiqkid*

Hi guys. I think I may have overpaid for Trout. Wanted some opinions. I gave Chris Davis, Jean Segura, and Will Middlebrooks. I have Votto at 1st, Castro at SS, and Wright at 3rd so I could afford it. 12 team H2H

Old
05-28-2013, 01:26 PM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiqkid View Post
Hi guys. I think I may have overpaid for Trout. Wanted some opinions. I gave Chris Davis, Jean Segura, and Will Middlebrooks. I have Votto at 1st, Castro at SS, and Wright at 3rd so I could afford it. 12 team H2H
You robbed him. No need to worry. Segura and Davis will cool off and Middlebrooks is nothing special.

Old
05-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Richards to Gaborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiqkid View Post
As long as it's not a re-draft league, then you should be fine.

Old
05-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Wiqkid*

Na its just a standard 12 team h2h 5x5. I think I should of gave Castro instead of Segura but he probably wouldn't have accepted. Chris Davis is killing it though. I also traded Headley + Cobb for David Wright. Now I'm trying to flip Wright + for Longoria. My teams pretty solid now but my pitching needs work. Here's my team I was wondering if I should drop two of my pitchers for Travis Wood(just cut) and Beachy. If yes, who?

Team:
C W.Rosario
1B J.Votto
2B M.Carpenter
3B D.Wright
SS S.Castro
OF M.Trout
OF G.Stanton
OF M.Bourn
UT J.Willingham
UT D.Brown
B B.Belt

SP C.Hamels
SP R.A.Dickey
RP H.Street
RP J.Peralta
P Y.Gallardo
P D.Fister
P I.Kennedy
P A.Ogando
P K.Gausman
P D.Phelps
P A.Cashner
P J.Teheran
P F.Liriano
Wow my pitching is awful lol.
Thx guys!

Old
05-28-2013, 05:40 PM
JaeTM

I have Howie Kendrick at 2nd, and Kelly Johnson is a FA. Should I drop Kendrick and go for Johnson who's super hot right now? Or should I just keep Kendrick?

Closed Thread