Fantasy Baseball Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-05-2013, 01:24 AM
keslerburrows

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Value is pretty good. Not really one-sided from either perspective. Without knowing what your league stats are, I'd probably prefer Altuve in that scenario.

----

Just made a fairly substantial deal in a keeper pts league. Teixiera for BJ. Kind of a buy low, sell low. I believe more in BJ's ability to return to form than Teixeira being able to hit 30+ dingers and remain healthy all year. Thoughts?
Thanks for the help!

In your situation, I likely would not have pulled the trigger. But with it being a keeper I can see potential upside in it for you as BJ will part of a stacked Braves core for years while Texiera is stuck in a more aging Yankees lineup. I'd have to see your team and his team to determine who really won but it doesn't seem like you did to bad.

Old
06-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Big Poppa Puck
SAWFT!

I need to activate Hanley Ramirez but IDK who to drop. Was planning to drop Profar but he's playing well enough to stay up when Kinsler returns. (non-keeper league)

Would I lose sleep if I dropped Gerardo Parra?

Here's the rest of my position players, I don't really wanna drop a P.

S.Perez
Pujols
Phillips
Wright
Andrus
Beltran
CarGo
Gardner

You start: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, 1 UTIL.

Old
06-05-2013, 09:13 AM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa Puck View Post
I need to activate Hanley Ramirez but IDK who to drop. Was planning to drop Profar but he's playing well enough to stay up when Kinsler returns. (non-keeper league)

Would I lose sleep if I dropped Gerardo Parra?

Here's the rest of my position players, I don't really wanna drop a P.

S.Perez
Pujols
Phillips
Wright
Andrus
Beltran
CarGo
Gardner

You start: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, 1 UTIL.
I'd drop Parra.

Old
06-05-2013, 09:22 AM
darko

Since it's a non keeper I'd drop Profar. You are set with middle infielders.

Old
06-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Big Poppa Puck
SAWFT!

Thanks. Gonna try and package one of them in 2 for 1 for an upgrade somewhere before I drop one.

In another league I was offered Bruce and Milone for Samardzija and declined, but would you do it if it was Burnett instead of Milone? I might have to throw in Lawrie or L.Cain but I ain't worried about that part, given I'll just drop them anyway when Stanton, Harper and Jackson get back.

I'm set on OF (I also have Gordon and Gardner) but am in need of HRs as I'm last in the league in that category. My only double digit HR guys are Votto, Harper and Moreland and Moreland has only been on my team for like a week and a half.

My other SPs are: Wainwright, Cain, Cueto, A.Sanchez, Miller, De La Rosa, Wood, Fernandez and Wacha.

Old
06-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Anyone know why Victor Martinez is NA on Yahoo? Tey didn't put an update.

EDIT: Weird, it's gone now.

Last edited by Rob Brown: 06-05-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old
06-05-2013, 06:03 PM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
Anyone know why Victor Martinez is NA on Yahoo? Tey didn't put an update.

EDIT: Weird, it's gone now.
Saw that as well. Pretty weird.

Old
06-06-2013, 02:21 AM
Richards to Gaborik

Traded for Goldy last year in a dynasty league..loving life. Now I just need harper to get healthy. Glad I passed on the Goldy/Shelby for JUP/Cueto trade, at least at the moment.

Old
06-06-2013, 10:33 AM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
The King of HF!

With all this steroid stuff, should I go after Braun for cheap and bank on no suspension?

Old
06-06-2013, 09:02 PM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
With all this steroid stuff, should I go after Braun for cheap and bank on no suspension?
Would be risky. I wouldn't give up a top 50 player in the deal.

Old
06-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Big Poppa Puck
SAWFT!

I give: Jeff Samardzija
I get: Jay Bruce

Should I do it?

My other SPs are in post #755 and now have recently added Moreland and Cueto to my list of injuries to go along with Harper, Stanton, A.Jackson and Lawrie.

Old
06-07-2013, 12:59 PM
canucksfan

Should I drop Maholm for Gerrit Cole?

Old
06-07-2013, 01:13 PM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
The King of HF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Would be risky. I wouldn't give up a top 50 player in the deal.
I offered Bruce for him, since its a keeper league. I already have the top 2B Cano, top SS Tulo, a top tier 1B Fielder, 3 top tier SP (Stras, Verly, Price) and you keep 6 so no biggie if he declines. If no suspension I planned on packaging Braun and Price for Cabrera or something.

Unfortunately he accepted another deal. Stanton for Braun and Cruz. Not sure how I feel about it. I doubt the suspensions last with no failed tests but who knows.

Old
06-07-2013, 02:02 PM
TootooTrain
Southern Hospitality

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
Should I drop Maholm for Gerrit Cole?
Maholm is a excellent 'stream' option right now on a 1st place team in their division. I'd wait for Cole to make a start or two before tossing Maholm aside.

It depends on what your FA pool looks like ofcourse. If you're the type that likes to pick up hot-shot rookies then by all means go for it. I won't tell you how to have fun.

Old
06-07-2013, 10:35 PM
BGDDYKWL

Trying to figure out a reasonable trade. I'm dead last in hitting and the guy I'm trying to trade with is 11th (of 12) in pitcher wins. My pitching's real deep so I feel like a deal would be in both our best interest.

I offered Pujols and Miller for Goldschmidt. Got declined. I also have Kershaw, Lee, Harvey, and Iwakuma. I felt like that offer was pretty fair, but maybe not.

He also has Trout and I offered Granderson and Miller for him. Granderson's hurt right now so I understand he loses on that deal for the next month, but from the all-star break on he wins it IMO so it seemed reasonable.

Old
06-07-2013, 10:43 PM
TootooTrain
Southern Hospitality

Pujols and Miller is a very fair offer. Might try Harvey instead of Miller, but I wouldn't want to expand much more than that original offer.

Old
06-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

My keeper options going into next year really excite me. Five keeper slots. Guys on my team now I'd like to keep:

Matt Harvey
Jordan Zimmermann

Those two seem like good choices since pitching is so important. Then I've got David Price, Matt Kemp (who hopefully can pick it up), David Wright, Matt Holliday, Liriano even is having a great year.

I've got Michael Wacha who will hopefully turn into a solid starter for next year. Then young guys like Wil Myers on my NA slot who will hopefully be called up this year, Yasiel Puig.

Gonna be interesting.

Old
06-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Big Poppa Puck
SAWFT!

Traded Samardzija and L.Cain for Beltran, then picked up up Kendrys Morales.

I have an open roster spot should I add Cole or Colon? I'm leaning Cole but there's a chance that could just be spot start for him. (Someone already picked up Wheeler.)

Old
06-08-2013, 11:38 AM
canucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Maholm is a excellent 'stream' option right now on a 1st place team in their division. I'd wait for Cole to make a start or two before tossing Maholm aside.

It depends on what your FA pool looks like ofcourse. If you're the type that likes to pick up hot-shot rookies then by all means go for it. I won't tell you how to have fun.
Kept Maholm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Trying to figure out a reasonable trade. I'm dead last in hitting and the guy I'm trying to trade with is 11th (of 12) in pitcher wins. My pitching's real deep so I feel like a deal would be in both our best interest.

I offered Pujols and Miller for Goldschmidt. Got declined. I also have Kershaw, Lee, Harvey, and Iwakuma. I felt like that offer was pretty fair, but maybe not.

He also has Trout and I offered Granderson and Miller for him. Granderson's hurt right now so I understand he loses on that deal for the next month, but from the all-star break on he wins it IMO so it seemed reasonable.
I have Goldschmidt and if I was offered that I probably would take it. Someone offered Albert and Arencebia for Goldschmidt. I declined that. JP is useless.

Old
06-09-2013, 11:49 AM
canucksfan

Anibal Sanchez was listed on the DL yesterday so I picked up Cole. Today, he isn't on the DL and I guess he wasn't placed on the DL. Guess it was a glitch and I benefited from it unless Cole gets shelled.

Old
06-09-2013, 08:25 PM
BGDDYKWL

Trout for Cliff Lee and Shelby Miller too lopsided a deal? I feel like I lose it, but those guys would probably go around the 3rd/4th round in a draft, so we're talking the number 1/2 pick for a 3rd and 4th rounder. I think I'd make that deal on draft day. I just feel like it's pretty easy to pick up decent pitchers off waivers. I'm also worried Miller will be shut down so I won't have him for the playoffs anyway. Wish this deal was offered a week ago cause I would've picked up Cole or Wheeler (who are both now gone). I still got Kershaw, Harvey, Iwakuma, Sabathia, so I feel like I'd be ok pitching wise.

Last edited by BGDDYKWL: 06-09-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old
06-09-2013, 08:34 PM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
The King of HF!

Wow I delt Moore for Strasburg right before his injury and was pretty mad about it. Watching Moore pitch makes me feel better

Old
06-09-2013, 11:46 PM
keslerburrows

If Tony Cingraini isn't picked up in your leagues I'd recommend doing so now. He's up against the Cubs Tuesday. He pitched extremely well when he was up earlier in the year and with Cueto back on the DL he will get another few starts to potentially prove himself worthy of a full time job.

Might be worth listening to me if he plays as well as the last guy I recommended you guys to pick up

Old
06-09-2013, 11:52 PM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
The King of HF!

Looks as though Wil Myers will be called up soon. He's been killing it lately. Drafted him in the 20th round in my keeper league and stashed him on the NA spot. He's atleast worth keeping an eye on, this was the kid involved in the James Shields trade

Old
06-10-2013, 12:53 AM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Looks as though Wil Myers will be called up soon. He's been killing it lately. Drafted him in the 20th round in my keeper league and stashed him on the NA spot. He's atleast worth keeping an eye on, this was the kid involved in the James Shields trade
Could be bad news for Desmond Jennings. Would suck for myself, but he has been having a rather dissapointing season. Dropped from 1st in the order to 7th a couple weeks ago.

Closed Thread