Bit late but....don't start him LOL.
Hah, no worries. Left him on the bench.

Old
04-25-2012, 10:48 AM
ricky0034

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
I say no and wait for Latos to pick it up before you think about it. Also, Santana pitched well tonight.
ended up going for it already,I figure with how dominant my starting pitching is I can afford to take some risks

I am having second thoughts on Santana being the pitcher I got rid of though

should I drop Beckett and get Santana back if he clears waivers?

Old
04-28-2012, 01:22 PM
mapes

So I noticed suspicious activity going on in my league leading me to believe 2 guys are the same guy. One is named beastball, the other headstrong. I noticed after I updated my trading block Wednesday and received 2 offers, one after the other from these two. Then on Friday I checked to see if any guys I sent offers to have been on. These 2 edited their lines 5 minutes apart. I then thought to myself "I wonder if these 2 are the same". So I looked at both of their profiles and beastball has everything hidden but headstrong doesn't. Both have a ton of history but then as I looked down (a bunch all said headstrong as his name) he had one league where it said "beastball". Then today beastball rejected my offer and headstrong accepted.. they were 10 minutes apart.

So what would you do if you were commish? They have made one trade with eachother and I want it to be fair for everyone. Both teams are in the top 4.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Toasty95

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
So I noticed suspicious activity going on in my league leading me to believe 2 guys are the same guy. One is named beastball, the other headstrong. I noticed after I updated my trading block Wednesday and received 2 offers, one after the other from these two. Then on Friday I checked to see if any guys I sent offers to have been on. These 2 edited their lines 5 minutes apart. I then thought to myself "I wonder if these 2 are the same". So I looked at both of their profiles and beastball has everything hidden but headstrong doesn't. Both have a ton of history but then as I looked down (a bunch all said headstrong as his name) he had one league where it said "beastball". Then today beastball rejected my offer and headstrong accepted.. they were 10 minutes apart.

So what would you do if you were commish? They have made one trade with eachother and I want it to be fair for everyone. Both teams are in the top 4.
ask beastball to reveal his profile? Weird situation

Old
04-28-2012, 04:33 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Biggs View Post
ask beastball to reveal his profile? Weird situation
I posted this.

"So.. just so everyone knows both A and Dereklique have been replaced, neither have been active since March 26th and neither have responded to emails asking why. I want an active league and its not fair someone who hasnt been on is in first.

But anyways on to my next issue. It has come to my attention (and investigation you might say lol) that 2 guys in this league are in fact run by the same guy. I actually noticed this yesterday after looking around. 1 of those teams will have to be replaced as 1 guy cant run 2 teams, it isnt really fair to others. I'd appreciate if whoever it is came forward, if they don't I may remove both teams. I want this league to be fair for everyone involved and 1 guy running 2 teams gives them an unfair advantage.

Good luck everyone and thanks for staying active "

It was my way of trying to trick them and possibly have more than 2 or maybe someone else is doing it Figured it was worth a shot.

I've done leagues since 2009 (3-4 a year, plus hockey) and never had this problem but it does give them an advantage over others so I'm removing atleast one of those teams.

Old
04-29-2012, 02:49 PM
mapes

So.. I'm undecided on a deal, looking for help. This weekend I've dealt Gallardo and Jennings for Haren and Crisp. My pitching has been terrible (4.93 ERA). Then Michael Young and Swisher for Longoria. Tremendous sell high IMO, Swisher hit 2 homers his final day with me.

Counts r, hr, RBI, avg, ops, sb, w, l, sv, era, whip, k's as the stats. Here is my team:

C - Yadier Molina
1B - Mark Texeira
2B - Rickie Weeks
3B - Evan Longoria
SS - Jose Reyes
OF - Corey Hart
OF - Drew Stubbs
OF - Giancarlo Stanton
Util - David Ortiz
Util - Aramis Ramirez
B - JJ Hardy
B - Lance Berkman (returns this week)
B - Chris Young (back around mid May I think)
B - coco Crisp
DL - Jacoby Ellsbury (back end of may, early June I think)
DL - Ryan Howard

SP - Ricky Romero
SP - Josh Beckett
RP - Mariano Rivera
RP - Joel Hanrahan
P - Brett Myers
P - Kenley Jansen
P - Santiago Casilla
B - Dan Haren
B - CC Sabathia

I was offered my Longoria and Ortiz for his Verlander and Bell. I just got Longoria for Young and Swisher so essentially I would get Verlander and Bell for Ortiz, Swisher and Young but is Longoria and Ortiz too much? With Berkman back this week, Young back soon and Ramirez heating up I have so much depth and would be forced to bench really good hitters, what do you guys think?

Old
04-30-2012, 10:09 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Would you do Kinsler for Zobrist plus Tim Hudson if you need pitching?

Old
04-30-2012, 07:53 PM
ricky0034

loving Edwin Encarnacion's season so far

him and Ortiz are really carrying my otherwise pretty horrible or struggling lineup(it certainly doesn't help with how few good hitters I have that Holliday and Avila are struggling so much so far and Ellsbury is injured)

Old
05-01-2012, 07:14 PM
mapes

I only just realized this but should I feel bad about this..

I dealt Longoria, Ortiz and Mariano Rivera for Uggla and Hamels. I just read Longoria is out 6-8 weeks but the deal was accepted at about 11 PM last night. I sent the deal yesterday afternoon. So when I sent the deal originally, he was healthy. When it got accepted, he was hurt. I duno, I guess I never did it on purpose. Should I feel bad or a deal is a deal?

Old
05-02-2012, 11:46 PM
ricky0034

4W,43K,2.00 ERA,0.86 WHIP for my pitching so far this week

(Weaver/Verlander/Darvish/Shields/Moore have started)

Ian Kennedy going tomorrow

Old
05-03-2012, 01:00 AM
keslerburrows

Who wins this deal?

TEAM 1
1B-Votto
3B-Bonafacio
OF-Kubel
RP-JJ Putz

For

TEAM 2
1B-Mauer
3B-Lawrie
OF-Crisp
RP-Rodney

How about if team 1 adds in 2B-Phillips and team 2 adds in 2B-Pedroia? Keep in mind that team 1 needs saves and team 2 needs stolen bases.

Old
05-03-2012, 01:03 AM
keslerburrows

Quote:

I dealt Longoria, Ortiz and Mariano Rivera for Uggla and Hamels. I just read Longoria is out 6-8 weeks but the deal was accepted at about 11 PM last night. I sent the deal yesterday afternoon. So when I sent the deal originally, he was healthy. When it got accepted, he was hurt. I duno, I guess I never did it on purpose. Should I feel bad or a deal is a deal?
If Longoria was healthy I think you got completely screwed over in this deal. Especially the way Ortiz is going. Other then that a deal is a deal.

Old
05-03-2012, 02:13 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
Would you do Kinsler for Zobrist plus Tim Hudson if you need pitching?
No, Kinsler has the potential to be the best fantasy 2B out there. He hits for contact, power and steals bases.

Old
05-03-2012, 05:17 AM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
If Longoria was healthy I think you got completely screwed over in this deal. Especially the way Ortiz is going. Other then that a deal is a deal.
Really? Rivera is no loss (picked up Guerra with the deal, also have Jansen) as I have 4 other closers. Aramis is hitting much better so I slotted him in the 3B slot. Weeks was my only 2B after I dealt Michael Young and Swisher for Longoria (too good to say no). Howard, Chris Young and Berkman are back soon and with 3 OF spots and 2 utility spots I'd have Hart, Stanton, Young, Berkman and Howard and then Stubbs on the bench and still have Ells on the DL. My SP is Haren, Romero, Beckett, Hamels and Sabathia. I duno maybe I did overpay I just don't have much room for Ortiz. I also don't see him hitting this good all year

Old
05-03-2012, 08:20 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
No, Kinsler has the potential to be the best fantasy 2B out there. He hits for contact, power and steals bases.
Hahaha. I know. But the other guy needs pitching bad. He's last in ERA and WHIP by a mile. I don't want to give up Cain, Hernandez, or Halladay. What about Zobrist + Luebke?

Old
05-03-2012, 11:02 PM
ricky0034

things like this always make me feel like such a horrible person

I mean....it sucks to see Rivera possibly end his career like that

but....overall i'm really happy about it right now,my closers are really horrible(I had Santos and Capps....and Santos is injured) and I was fast and got David Robertson for free so I probably just got an elite closer for nothing

Old
05-03-2012, 11:09 PM
GIN ANTONIC

Quote:

Now you should feel bad.

Old
05-03-2012, 11:20 PM
ricky0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIN ANTONIC View Post
Now you should feel bad.
now i'm worried

I have Ortiz

Old
05-04-2012, 04:49 AM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIN ANTONIC View Post
Now you should feel bad.
Woooow lol. I dealt Rivera and Phillips yesterday for Fielder in another league. My luck this week has been incredible.

Old
05-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Woooow lol. I dealt Rivera and Phillips yesterday for Fielder in another league. My luck this week has been incredible.
Haha, I was laughing pretty hard when I saw that last night.

Well done Shawn, well done.

I pulled off something similar last year, obviously not to that extent though. I traded Jorge De La Rosa when he was lights out, and the very next day he had pains in his shoulder and had to have Tommy Johns.

PS. I'm absolutely free-falling in the "BaseballBlowout' League.

Last edited by Everlong: 05-04-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old
05-04-2012, 05:56 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Haha, I was laughing pretty hard when I saw that last night.

Well done Shawn, well done.

I pulled off something similar last year, obviously not to that extent though. I traded Jorge De La Rosa when he was lights out, and the very next day he had pains in his shoulder and had to have Tommy Johns.

PS. I'm absolutely free-falling in the "BaseballBlowout' League.
My team is really struggling. Funny part is, I know just 2 guys outside the league (well I suppose not "know" but guys I talk to outside of it) and it's you and Jon (Vic). The rest are guys that I randomly invited from the Yahoo message boards who now do annual leagues. But you are 8th, I'm 9th, Jon is 10th out of 10 lol. Hopefully we can move up but this league is pretty good guys, guys never last the waiver wire. I tried picking up Roberson but SOMEONE already did Then I check another league and this same person did it in that league

Old
05-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
My team is really struggling. Funny part is, I know just 2 guys outside the league (well I suppose not "know" but guys I talk to outside of it) and it's you and Jon (Vic). The rest are guys that I randomly invited from the Yahoo message boards who now do annual leagues. But you are 8th, I'm 9th, Jon is 10th out of 10 lol. Hopefully we can move up but this league is pretty good guys, guys never last the waiver wire. I tried picking up Roberson but SOMEONE already did Then I check another league and this same person did it in that league
Honestly, I was at work on twitter and I see the tweet about Rivera's injury. Immediately I go on yahoo and pick up Robertson in those two leagues. So you really never had a chance.

I hope atleast one of us gets up into the top 5 or so. If you have any trades you wanna throw my way feel free. I'm up for anything considering my position in that one league.

I've got a question for anyone that uses fantasy baseball on yahoo. I recently cleared all my cookies/history/etc. I've done this before with no issues, but for some reason it's hidden all the Manager names in ALL my leagues. Just yesterday the names were clearly visible and now it just says "hidden". Is there a way to change it so managers are no longer hidden? Cheers.

Old
05-04-2012, 07:08 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Honestly, I was at work on twitter and I see the tweet about Rivera's injury. Immediately I go on yahoo and pick up Robertson in those two leagues. So you really never had a chance.

I hope atleast one of us gets up into the top 5 or so. If you have any trades you wanna throw my way feel free. I'm up for anything considering my position in that one league.

I've got a question for anyone that uses fantasy baseball on yahoo. I recently cleared all my cookies/history/etc. I've done this before with no issues, but for some reason it's hidden all the Manager names in ALL my leagues. Just yesterday the names were clearly visible and now it just says "hidden". Is there a way to change it so managers are no longer hidden? Cheers.
Mine is like that too. Every name says "A Yahoo! user", is that what you mean? If so it was a problem with Yahoo not your computer.

Though the names are back now.

Old
05-04-2012, 10:57 PM
keslerburrows

How is this deal for me:

I get, Brett Lawrie, Corey Hart and Fernando Rodney.

For Emilio Bonafacio, Adam Jones and JJ Putz.

The catch here is me needing saves and the guy I'm trading with needing stolen bases.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:13 AM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
How is this deal for me:

I get, Brett Lawrie, Corey Hart and Fernando Rodney.

For Emilio Bonafacio, Adam Jones and JJ Putz.

The catch here is me needing saves and the guy I'm trading with needing stolen bases.
Take it and run

Closed Thread