HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

#53 | SABRES vs BRUINS | WED FEB 08 | 07:30PM ET

Old
02-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Eh, the national media has pretty much settled on mocking them. I doubt winning tonight changes that one iota. They've lost too many games to be taken seriously or to be spoken well of.

They may also be past the "defining game" point. Right now, it's about how desparate are they? We'll soon see.
I think tonight's game is more important to how the Sabres will perceive themselves going forward. If they win tonight, I think it'll be a huge confidence boost. Then throw in the return of Vanek this weekend and home games against a sliding Dallas club and a poor road team in Tampa, they could be flying high confidence-wise come Sunday morning if they take care of business.

I'll predict right now that if they win tonight, they'll win their next three games (vs DAL, vs TB, vs NJ) and go into Philly with a 7-0-1 record in their previous eight. If they lose tonight, I think we'll see the same old team for the immediate future.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 04:17 PM
LGB24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squantosawuss View Post

You can try to work the numbers to the Sabres advantage any way you want if it makes you feel better, conveniently dismissing teams in the way, etc, but you're being mathematically naive. The Sabres will need a positive trend while everybody around them has to get into a negative trend.

What about the Sabre's play makes you so confident they will do that? Seriously? You say the bottom of the East is weak. Yup, sure is. Guess who's right in the middle of that bunch? I guess those other teams all belong their, while the Sabres, well, they're special.

T-19 days 'til the future of this team is decided.
Once again you're being dramatic. I never said I was confident, nor did I say it was probable the sabres make the playoffs, show me where I did? The a sabres need a positive trend... no kidding I already mentioned that. You originally said the teams around them need to tank. The teams around them don't need to tank at all. If the teams around keep playing the way they have this season they will remain out of a spot. At the same time the sabres need to surge, which if healthy is possible, AND the teams currently in a playoff position need to negatively trend.
You can roll your eyes as many times as you want, but you're perceiving my point wrong, and making you're own assumptions. I never said they were special, I said IF they can surge they have a chance at the playoffs.

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Evgeni Giroux

I would love to beat the Bruins but their is literally no point for this team to go on a run near the end, they have proved since 2007-08 that they are only a decent playoff bubble team, lacking in many areas. With the NHL being such a young mans game now you can turn around a team in only a few short years. Its time for Darcy or whoever to make some tough decisions. IMO Darcy should wait until the offseason if he trades a member of the "core"

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 04:35 PM
hizzoner
HFBoards Sponsor

This is a character game. I do not have a good feeling about this game and believe only a great performance by Miller will give us a chance. Unfortunately there has not been a game lately against anyone that I felt good about--for a founding fan that is hard to chew.

hizzoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizzoner View Post
This is a character game. I do not have a good feeling about this game and believe only a great performance by Miller will give us a chance. Unfortunately there has not been a game lately against anyone that I felt good about--for a founding fan that is hard to chew.
Rangers game? We thoroughly outplayed them??

We've been playing well lately, I think we can dispatch the Bruins as long as our boys don't get intimidated.

Stop Winnin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Jochen's in the tailgate tent tonight, so I imagine the Germans are somewhere around there too.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:47 PM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

vCash: 200
The Bruins are who we think they are....

B's 2-0...Lucic, Thorton, and Chara deliver the usual beatings.

VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Hank Moody
Easy, but not sleazy

My prediction for tonight's game: Buffalo absolutely dominates; wins 5-0. James Patrick coaches a magnificent game; rumors begin to surface about him replacing Ruff as head coach, a la Wade Aikman replacing Coach Taylor in Friday Night Lights.

Hank Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:11 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

****ing ridiculous that Kassian is in Rochester and Ellis is up for this game. ****in joke

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:20 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Yeah even with his character issues I think this is a game where Nasty Kass could have been a big deal.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:26 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

And the "Buffalo is wimpy" comments already begin...

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:34 PM
OcAirlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
****ing ridiculous that Kassian is in Rochester and Ellis is up for this game. ****in joke
Yeah, it's such an injustice that the guy who has shown little to no work ethic in the last few weeks has to play in the AHL while the hard-working teamplayer gets to be on our NHL-Roster.

OcAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:36 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
Yeah even with his character issues I think this is a game where Nasty Kass could have been a big deal.
NOPE GOTTA HAVE MATTY ELLIS IN!!!! Joke. Straight joke. No one on this team can take Lucic but Kassian is sitting in rochester cuz this team is ****ing retarded....

Old
02-08-2012, 06:38 PM
sbarnes41

Send a message via AIM to sbarnes41
Doc name dropping Cheektowaga in his open, haha love it

sbarnes41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zip15

What's Kass going to do? He's not going to intimidate the Bruins. He's not going to win a fight against Lucic or McQuaid or Thornton. We're talking about the same Kassian whose lack of a physical game is completely mystifying Amerks fans, right?

Boston is a great team when games turn physical. We need points. It's better to just play and not poke the bear tonight (no pun intended).

Old
SabresBillsBuffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcAirlines View Post
Yeah, it's such an injustice that the guy who has shown little to no work ethic in the last few weeks has to play in the AHL while the hard-working teamplayer gets to be on our NHL-Roster.
Too bad in a game like this you need Kassian, and last game he played in was our best game in a while....Kassian at minimal effort is just like Elllis at full not to mention Kassian does try when he is up here...and he has just as many points as Ellis and he has played 24 less games. Ellis won't hit and if he does he just gets tossed around and he will get it and slap it at the boards like the 500,000 pro he is.

Old
02-08-2012, 06:39 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
What's Kass going to do? He's not going to intimidate the Bruins. He's not going to win a fight against Lucic or McQuaid or Thornton. We're talking about the same Kassian whose lack of a physical game is completely mystifying Amerks fans, right?

Boston is a great team when games turn physical. We need points. It's better to just play and not poke the bear tonight (no pun intended).
How do you know he won't? We know for a fact none of the people on our team will win one? He's 10x more talented than Ellis. Fans who except mediocrity are just like Ruff and Regier.

Old
02-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Hank Moody
Easy, but not sleazy

Tuukka Rask looks like a character from Skyrim.

Hank Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
How do you know he won't? We know for a fact none of the people on our team will win one? He's 10x more talented than Ellis. Fans who except mediocrity are just like Ruff and Regier.
You're complaining just to complain. He doesn't belong up here right now.

Old
02-08-2012, 06:42 PM
OcAirlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Monk View Post
Tuukka Rask looks like a character from Skyrim.

OcAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:43 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

That was quick.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gallagt01

Not a bad scrap.

gallagt01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
not bad

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:44 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Kassian might be our best fighter too. The fact that our fighters lose like every fight is laughable to say he wouldn't win a fight. Kassian has 1 NHL fight he won and landed like 10 punches

Old
02-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Maximrules

oh my GOD I hate Pierre Mcguire. Just SHUT UP YOU CREEPY ****

Maximrules is offline   Reply With Quote