HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash

Old
02-08-2012, 07:36 AM

vCash: 500
Rick Nash

Columbus appears to be no closer to winning a cup than they were when Nash first came into the league. It would likely be best for both sides to part ways. What kind of package would be best for Columbus and what teams have the assets to get Nash. Would be great for the league if a player of Nash's caliber was on a team that made it into the playoffs.

66877168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:44 AM
Gardiner Express
(base)ball is life

2 top 6 forwards + top prospect + 1st rounder

Gardiner Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardiner Express View Post
Seriously? No. Maybe a top prospect and a 1st, but that is way too much.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

his value has been discussed in the 4 big Nash to Trade threads...a top dman, a roster player and picks/prospects

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
his value has been discussed in the 4 big Nash to Trade threads...a top dman, a roster player and picks/prospects

So.... Jack Johnson, Brad Richardson, Hickey, and Vey?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:29 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardiner Express View Post
7.8 million..............nope

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:33 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Nash's cap hit is brutal. If the Kings were to trade for him he better be a 40-40 man for many years to come along side Richards. Everyone assumes Kopitar needs a sniper, but I think Richards is a better playmaker and Kopitar is a better shooter.

I have heard rumors along the lines of Bernier, Brown, Martinez and a 2nd for Nash and Sanford. That might be what the Kings are offering and Columbus is holding out for more. That would be a pretty big blockbuster for a deadline deal, so I doubt that it happens.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Lets just keep him.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:48 AM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
So.... Jack Johnson, Brad Richardson, Hickey, and Vey?
I would think Columbus would insist Bernier be involved in the trade.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

yeah...i would think JmfJ, Bernier, and prospects/picks...the one LA guy said Howson asked for Brown, JmfJ, and two prospects and LA said pass...so we have that as a starting point for discussion

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:10 AM
BlueStorm

Nash will be 28 in a few months. How long will it take for Columbus to develop into a playoff team let a lone a cup contender? By the time they get to that point, if ever, he will be what Iginla is now to Calgary. However, Nash chose to resign there instead of becoming a UFA. If he's content there then let him stay. In the days of the salary cap, big contracts like his are hard to move. He has scored 40 goals twice and had a career high 79 points 3 years ago. Is he worth this money?

BlueStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:13 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

From the Habs I would give up this years 1st, Beaulieu, and a salary dump. But IMo I would take that offer and try for Getz instead..

He would be worth more if it was not for the huge cap hit....

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I have heard rumors along the lines of Bernier, Brown, Martinez and a 2nd for Nash and Sanford.

You think they'd trade Brown before trading Johnson? Wouldn't we still have holes in our top 6?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:55 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
You think they'd trade Brown before trading Johnson? Wouldn't we still have holes in our top 6?
Just hearing that Lombardi really likes how Johnson is coming along and that he sees him as a necessary component going forward after Mitchell and Scuderi are gone some day. Dean likes cost certainty with good players and Johnson certainly provides that.

I don't think he likes the idea of giving up Brown, but if the choice is Bernier + Johnson, or Bernier + Brown, I think Dean prefers keeping Johnson.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:36 AM
BKR

Quote:
I don't think he likes the idea of giving up Brown, but if the choice is Bernier + Johnson, or Bernier + Brown, I think Dean prefers keeping Johnson.
I would much rather give up Brown than J. Johnson, but my fear would be that we would only be creating a new hole by giving up Brown, and filling it with Nash.

BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Asheru

Quote:
If he truly believes that, I would think less of him. He'd be trading for a contract with an awful cap hit (Nash, unlikely to start scoring 40 goals here as you say) and giving them three excellent value contracts in return (Brown, Martinez and Bernier). And with Doughty, Kopitar, and Nash all on one team, you'd need a ton of value deals to make up for it. Plus, we don't know what Quick wants!

Cringe-inducing.

Asheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
I'd give up Anisimov, Saur, Thomas, 1st

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:56 AM
thedoctor
                    

Colorado offers Stastny + Quincey + choice of S. Elliott/Barrie. young #1C + young #2D + top flight, NHL-ready offensive D prospect. We could take a cap dump too if needed.

Maybe not the best rebuilding offer, or the offer with the most potential, but I doubt you'll get more "right now," proven talent than this offer.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:57 AM
BillDineen

How many teams would offer Nash 6 years at 7.8mm per if he was a UFA after this, his worst season in a while? I think his value is lower than what some fans think. Just saying.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:00 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
From the Habs I would give up this years 1st, Beaulieu, and a salary dump. But IMo I would take that offer and try for Getz instead..

He would be worth more if it was not for the huge cap hit....
woah! lets not get carried away now. the point is to get THEIR first pick, not give ours

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
How many teams would offer Nash 6 years at 7.8mm per if he was a UFA after this, his worst season in a while? I think his value is lower than what some fans think. Just saying.
On the open market, this is probably exactly where he would end up. Not to deviate into Jeff Carter, but in an open market, he'd be ending up with probably at least a million more per year than what he's making.

Nash is still a perennial All-Star and an Olympian who can play pretty much any role that's asked of him at a high level. Those guys don't just grow on trees.

Mayor Bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:54 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
Colorado offers Stastny + Quincey + choice of S. Elliott/Barrie. young #1C + young #2D + top flight, NHL-ready offensive D prospect. We could take a cap dump too if needed.

Maybe not the best rebuilding offer, or the offer with the most potential, but I doubt you'll get more "right now," proven talent than this offer.
I love how this is totally ignored.. That's ok with me though as much as I like Nash the strength of our team is our center depth, big D and our goalie tandem. I am not breaking that up for a 7.8 million cap hit when there is possibly one of the best UFA winger classes coming up in the off season. We will fix it then.. Thanks

(Parise, Semin, Ruutu, Kostitsn, Hemsky, and guys like Boyes who might turn it back up with a playmaker and sign cheap for a shot.)

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 02-08-2012 at 01:02 PM.
CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:56 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I love how this is totally ignored.. That's ok with me though as much as I like Nash the strength of our team is our center depth, big D and our goalie tandem. I am not breaking that up for a 7.8 million cap hit when there is possibly one of the best UFA winger classes coming up in the off season. We will fix it then.. Thanks
i assume it was ignored because the jackets could much better address their needs than the proposed offer. they have a crazy amount of C right now (weak at the W) and have even more d prospects (many of them offensive d).

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Keep in mind that the defenseman we really need would be a shutdown defensive guy - ideally a LHD to be paired with Wisniewski. We're in a division with guys like Henrik Zetterberg and Jonathan Toews and Pavel Datsyuk and David Backes and Patrick Kane and so forth. We need to be able to tell them they won't be scoring today.

Yes, Flames fans, Bouwmeester would probably be perfect.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post

While that is good value, I'd definitely decline and look for something that addresses Columbus's needs more. Stastny would end up being a 3rd line C next year, obviously Quincey is a very good piece, but we also don't need another D prospect at the moment.

Doug19 is online now   Reply With Quote