Have you tried to mail them?

Spinkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Stray Wasp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnit458 View Post
The Leeds tickets were the only ones I didn't have trouble getting. I've been looking around at matches for another day (for PL teams) and I think I'm just looking to early. The big clubs seem to be membership only, but midtable teams and below seem to have general sale for only a few weeks in the future. I guess I'll just keep looking as we get closer to the end of the year.
For what it's worth, Newcastle's ticket details have been announced only as far ahead as the Stoke game on 28th November. So if other clubs operate similarly, you're looking at tickets being put on sale around four weeks in advance of the game.

If you keep an eye on official club web sites, you shouldn't miss out on any announcements. As Chimaera suggested, cast about for respected fan sites as a second source of info, just in case the club site is run by morons or hard to navigate.

The third round of the FA Cup takes place on the weekend of 5th January. If you're around then, some of the highest profile clubs may have home ties with substantial numbers of tickets going spare.

Stray Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 11:21 AM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Just found a pretty good app on the iPhone called fantasy manager football. It's kind of like SIMS but football orientated

there are lots of teams to choose from (each team has their own app)

It's free too

vsk92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 07:43 AM
RussianRocket10

Why does it seem like everyone here hates Chelsea?

RussianRocket10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 08:54 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Because everyone who isn't a Chelsea fan hates Chelsea for some reason or another?

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 10:36 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Not speaking specifically for posters here, but a lot of the hate I've seen towards Chelsea stems from the amount of money Roman Abramovich has thrown at the club, plus his antics (like the handling of club managers, for instance), since his takeover in the early 2000's.

Last edited by CanadianFlyer88: 11-21-2012 at 10:41 AM.
CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 11:08 AM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Not speaking specifically for posters here, but a lot of the hate I've seen towards Chelsea stems from the amount of money Roman Abramovich has thrown at the club, plus his antics (like the handling of club managers, for instance), since his takeover in the early 2000's.
I didn't mind them when Ranieri and Zola were at the club and they weren't considered as relevent but then lots of people starting to 'support' them

Also I've seen some Chelsea fans (right wing one's) shout racist things when they came up to Glasgow

Old
11-21-2012, 01:31 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Quote:
- Abramovic's 0 patience with coaches
- racist fanbase
- racist captain

I have to admit, I like Stamford Bridge though

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

They also didn't have much of a fan base. Throw in being one of the first massive sugar daddy clubs and there you go

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:20 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Basically getting so much success in such a short period of time just doesn't sit well with neutrals and fans of other teams. Chelsea were similar to the current Everton team. They'd win the odd FA/League cup. Fight for a CL spot but would struggle in terms of quality, depth, etc. And their financials were in a shambles.

Just like Man City now, people don't like how they got so much cash influx and bought every player out there to be able to finally compete with the big clubs. People who are jealous just say "money doesn't buy success". Well, tell that to a club that just won their first ever CL title and all those other titles before. In modern times, football is a business and owners are running teams like a business. If the CEO isn't handling ****, he's shown the door. Don't agree with it, but it's a fact.

They don't like Abrahamovic. His past, where he got his money, his attitude towards managers, etc. Not like Liverpool is any better. 4 managers in 2 and half years.

Certain players haven't helped either with on and off pitch antics, drama and controversy.

People also point the finger at Chelsea for ruining the transfer market when a lot of the big clubs were already splashing the cash. More competition, more demand, prices are bound to go up. Chelsea is playing the same game as all the other teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
I didn't mind them when Ranieri and Zola were at the club and they weren't considered as relevent but then lots of people starting to 'support' them
I supported Chelsea before Abrahamovic came in. But all this new "support" is justified. Chelsea suddenly became a relevant team. Fans who liked certain players started supporting the team and just like Man U, Real and Barça, they are building their fanbase around the world. You can't criticize them for playing the same game as the others.

Quote:
Also I've seen some Chelsea fans (right wing one's) shout racist things when they came up to Glasgow
You can't stereotype the whole fanbase because of a handful of idiots. Every team has them. Eto'o suffered abuse from Barca fans too, does that make every Barca fan racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
- Abramovic's 0 patience with coaches
Agreed.

Quote:
- racist fanbase
Excuse me? fan...BASE? A couple of Algerians attacked my mom and mugged her a few years ago. All Algerians are thugs. See how that works? I've seen racism in Belgium, Holland, Germany, France in stadiums. Again, just because a few act like complete tools, doesn't represent the majority.

Quote:
- racist captain
Cech?

He was cleared in court. He might have used a racial slur, but even the FA said that he isn't a racist. What he said doesn't make him a racist. It was a stupid thing to say, but in the heat of the moment, people (especially uneducated people) will say some very stupid things. I don't believe he's a racist, but he hasn't represented the club well on and off the pitch. He won't be around for long anyways.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:25 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
They also didn't have much of a fan base. Throw in being one of the first massive sugar daddy clubs and there you go
How do you think Man U, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Barcelona got their fanbase? How did you become a fan of your team?

- Buying players. Money
- International coverage. TV and sponsorship deals. Money
- Investing in merchandise. Money

Sugar daddy clubs existed before. The spending was just not so erratic since the competition for players wasn't so fierce.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:37 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Basically getting so much success in such a short period of time just doesn't sit well with neutrals and fans of other teams. Chelsea were similar to the current Everton team. They'd win the odd FA/League cup. Fight for a CL spot but would struggle in terms of quality, depth, etc. And their financials were in a shambles.

Just like Man City now, people don't like how they got so much cash influx and bought every player out there to be able to finally compete with the big clubs. People who are jealous just say "money doesn't buy success". Well, tell that to a club that just won their first ever CL title and all those other titles before. In modern times, football is a business and owners are running teams like a business. If the CEO isn't handling ****, he's shown the door. Don't agree with it, but it's a fact.

They don't like Abrahamovic. His past, where he got his money, his attitude towards managers, etc. Not like Liverpool is any better. 4 managers in 2 and half years.

Certain players haven't helped either with on and off pitch antics, drama and controversy.

People also point the finger at Chelsea for ruining the transfer market when a lot of the big clubs were already splashing the cash. More competition, more demand, prices are bound to go up. Chelsea is playing the same game as all the other teams.

I supported Chelsea before Abrahamovic came in. But all this new "support" is justified. Chelsea suddenly became a relevant team. Fans who liked certain players started supporting the team and just like Man U, Real and Barça, they are building their fanbase around the world. You can't criticize them for playing the same game as the others.

You can't stereotype the whole fanbase because of a handful of idiots. Every team has them. Eto'o suffered abuse from Barca fans too, does that make every Barca fan racist?

Agreed.

Excuse me? fan...BASE? A couple of Algerians attacked my mom and mugged her a few years ago. All Algerians are thugs. See how that works? I've seen racism in Belgium, Holland, Germany, France in stadiums. Again, just because a few act like complete tools, doesn't represent the majority.

Cech?

He was cleared in court. He might have used a racial slur, but even the FA said that he isn't a racist. What he said doesn't make him a racist. It was a stupid thing to say, but in the heat of the moment, people (especially uneducated people) will say some very stupid things. I don't believe he's a racist, but he hasn't represented the club well on and off the pitch. He won't be around for long anyways.
Of course they dont represent the majoity

Heck I'm a Madrid fan, and some Spanish fans at Bernabeu Stadium made monkey noises directed at the black players from the English NT

But damn ,they have a lot of racist fans @Chelsea

Old
11-21-2012, 02:44 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
But damn ,they have a lot of racist fans @Chelsea
Again. A lot? Do you have a list of every racist fan for every team? Your posts are baseless.

I could say Barcelona or Real Madrid have a lot racist fans, just because I've seen a couple of incidents. That doesn't make me right.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:56 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

So because -insert entity here- says Terry isnt racist, it means he is not racist

And dont get me started on the " but he has black friends" argument

Old
11-21-2012, 02:58 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
So because -insert entity here- says Terry isnt racist, it means he is not racist

And dont get me started on the " but he has black friends" argument
Just because you and other "entities" say he is, doesn't make him a racist.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:03 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Well, he looks like one ....

But hey what do I know ?

Old
11-21-2012, 03:07 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Well, he looks like one ....
Well, that's a new one. What the ****. Looks like a racist? Does he have a swastika tattooed on his forehead?

Quote:
But hey what do I know ?
Funny, I was going to ask you the same thing. Apparently not too much.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:13 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Quote:
Well, that's a new one. What the ****. Looks like a racist? Does he have a swastika tattooed on his forehead?

Funny, I was going to ask you the same thing. Apparently not too much.
wow

Old
11-21-2012, 03:43 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
wow
I recommend aloe for that burn

Old
11-21-2012, 03:54 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Quote:
I recommend aloe for that burn
Aloe is overrated

Chamomille FTW

Old
11-21-2012, 05:11 PM
villevalo

Quote:
Because as soon as they got the cash, about 4/5 million people switched to Chelsea over here.

And because of their ******** football factory fans. (That's the fans before the money history buffs).

villevalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:47 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Ok, another newbie question. When I look at the EPL table, I see certain positions are color coded.

I know the bottom 3 are in the relegation zone and I know the top 4 are Champions League.

What does the 5th position mean?

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Europa League.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 04:42 AM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Some pretty cool posters by Zoran Lucic

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Sucke...Soccer/1289701

Old
12-07-2012, 03:12 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 750
Where do clubs get new players, and what leagues do they come from

Just curios since there is no draft (at least not to my knowledge)

Also, are there trades and free agency

saskriders is offline   Reply With Quote