HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/9/12 "Crowning Achievement" - Kings VS Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2012, 12:41 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
How about we win this one? AND THE NEXT ONE?...AND THE NEXT ONE?...AND THE NEXT ONE? ETC., ETC., ETC.

I'm tired of the mediocrity. Find a way to go on a winning streak at a very important time in the season. The last time we had a 4-game winning streak was an eternity ago.

I'm tired of the 6 in 5 thing, sorry. If the Devils can go on a winning streak against the elite of the league when they were expected to falter, why can't we go on one?

It's becoming rather annoying. The way the conference is shaping up, the league is basically saying "here, this is your great opportunity!" and our players are playing like "hmmm...maybe. 6 in 5, eh?" NO! It's time for some separation. These are playoff games already. Now. Let's show we're not mediocre for a change. No excuses, we're fairly healthy. Kulikov is the only really big injury, and the guys who have filled in are doing alright. They're not the problem right now. Where are our best players? Time to step up!
When we consistently were winning 6 in 5, we WERE seperating. We had a 5 or 6 point div lead and fighting for first in the conference WITHOUT winning 4 in a row. . Most of all it puts one or 2 losses in perspective. But if its not for you , its cool.

We now have to win 3 games in a row to get to 6 in 5, so we're on the same page ...

Old
02-09-2012, 12:42 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
We need a good and convincing win tonight to get our confidence back up. LA has trouble scoring, so if we shut them down and pepper Quick we can win tonight.

A win tonight would help alot going into this weekend with two games we could potentially lose.

Losing the next 3 games could very well ruin our season.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
When we consistently were winning 6 in 5, we WERE seperating. We had a 5 or 6 point div lead and fighting for first in the conference WITHOUT winning 4 in a row. . Most of all it puts one or 2 losses in perspective. But if its not for you , its cool.

We now have to win 3 games in a row to get to 6 in 5, so we're on the same page ...
That's the problem. It's impossible to get 6 in 5 every time. You need hot streaks because you're going to go through slumps. Even the best of teams go through slumps. They, on the other hand, get hot. Where's our hot streak?

Also, we had a 5 or 6 point lead in the division at the time because our division sucks, to be fair.

And I completely understand that part of our struggles had to with injuries, but that shouldn't be an excuse anymore. We're basically now back to being fully healthy. It's time to start winning. Ottawa is losing every single game lately, and we're not really taking advantage just playing .500 hockey.

I understand and like your idea of 6 in 5 as, yes, it does mathematically put us in over the course of the season. Realistically, however, we need to get a little hot streak going. They're only human. It's impossible to be a consistent 6 in 5 machine over the course of an 82-game season. There are ups and downs and we desperately need our up sooner or later.

Old
02-09-2012, 01:27 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
That's the problem. It's impossible to get 6 in 5 every time. You need hot streaks because you're going to go through slumps. Even the best of teams go through slumps. They, on the other hand, get hot. Where's our hot streak?

Also, we had a 5 or 6 point lead in the division at the time because our division sucks, to be fair.

And I completely understand that part of our struggles had to with injuries, but that shouldn't be an excuse anymore. We're basically now back to being fully healthy. It's time to start winning. Ottawa is losing every single game lately, and we're not really taking advantage just playing .500 hockey.

I understand and like your idea of 6 in 5 as, yes, it does mathematically put us in over the course of the season. Realistically, however, we need to get a little hot streak going. They're only human. It's impossible to be a consistent 6 in 5 machine over the course of an 82-game season. There are ups and downs and we desperately need our up sooner or later.
We agree on the hot and cold no doubt!! what the cats were doing was incredibly consistent, not losing 2 in a row for 4+ months.

the NY Rangers finished 8th with 93 pointshad 2 cold sets and 2 hot ones...

Set #1 Record: 2-2-1 (5 points)
Set #2 Record: 3-2-0 (6 points)
Set #3 Record: 2-3-0 (4 points)
Set #4 Record: 3-2-0 (6 points)
Set #5 Record: 4-1-0 (8 points)
Set #6 Record: 3-2-0 (6 points)
Set #7 Record: 3-2-0 (6 points)
Set #8 Record: 2-1-2 (6 points)
Set #9 Record: 4-1-0 (8 points)
Set #10 Record: 2-3-0 (4 points)
Set #11 Record: 1-3-1 (3 points)
Set #12 Record: 2-3-0 (4 points)
Set #13 Record: 2-3-0 (4 points)
Set #14 Record: 3-2-0 (6 points)
Set #15 Record: 4-0-1 (9 points)
Set #16 Record: 3-2-0 (6 points)
Set #17 Record: 1-1-0 (2 points)

Old
02-09-2012, 02:23 PM
CatWoman34
Fool on the Hill

C'mon Cats!!! I want a good old fashioned beat down tonight, like the one we suffered against Washington.

Get 'er done boys!

Old
02-09-2012, 02:30 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
How about we win this one? AND THE NEXT ONE?...AND THE NEXT ONE?...AND THE NEXT ONE? ETC., ETC., ETC.

I'm tired of the mediocrity. Find a way to go on a winning streak at a very important time in the season. The last time we had a 4-game winning streak was an eternity ago.

I'm tired of the 6 in 5 thing, sorry. If the Devils can go on a winning streak against the elite of the league when they were expected to falter, why can't we go on one?

It's becoming rather annoying. The way the conference is shaping up, the league is basically saying "here, this is your great opportunity!" and our players are playing like "hmmm...maybe. 6 in 5, eh?" NO! It's time for some separation. These are playoff games already. Now. Let's show we're not mediocre for a change. No excuses, we're fairly healthy. Kulikov is the only really big injury, and the guys who have filled in are doing alright. They're not the problem right now. Where are our best players? Time to step up!
its weird seeing you with some emotion in your posts lately.Im used to you being the level headed statistician of the bunch.

I can understand and agree with the frustration at some point in time we do need to go on a winning streak longer than 3 games. Right now i think a long losing streak is more likely than a long winning streak.

Old
02-09-2012, 02:53 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:

Maybe this team is nothing but mediocre? Which would explain the lack of winning streaks, the one goal games, all the OT/SO losses, the bad goal differential, and everything else that adds up to a.......mediocre team. I want them to be awesome like any other Panther fan but maybe, just maybe, they're.......not. All you can do is hope for a win every game they play.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Catsfan7

Erick, I love the way you put that, your right, and it's about time we make a legit statement that we won't falter like we did a few years ago. We need to show that we can win more of these clutch games, and we need to show some ****ing effort tonight! I want my drive home from the BAC to be a happy one.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
Maybe this team is nothing but mediocre? Which would explain the lack of winning streaks, the one goal games, all the OT/SO losses, the bad goal differential, and everything else that adds up to a.......mediocre team. I want them to be awesome like any other Panther fan but maybe, just maybe, they're.......not. All you can do is hope for a win every game they play.
I am kind of feeling the same way. It doesn't make sense to me as to why they have been playing the way they have.. Was the first few months a fluke after all? I mean I was really starting to believe that having guys like Campbell, Jovo, Sammy, Steeg, Flash, Bergy.... would help this club from slipping like it has in the past. I was hoping that the vet leadership would control their emotions and keep them from completely deflating, but it hasn't. I am not forgetting the season but I am def worried now because we do have to capitalize on these opportunities with other teams losing, but we aren't. We had such a big lead in the division and now it's gone. I was expecting to see more desperation out of the team against Tampa and Washington and to be quite honest, I didn't see that at all. I didn't see players who knew what was on the line and did whatever needed to be done to earn 2 points.

I hope I am wrong and this team goes on a tear, but for now I am worried.. 30 games left and we aren't exactly winning right now.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
its weird seeing you with some emotion in your posts lately.Im used to you being the level headed statistician of the bunch.

I can understand and agree with the frustration at some point in time we do need to go on a winning streak longer than 3 games. Right now i think a long losing streak is more likely than a long winning streak.
Statistically speaking, we need to get 2 points on a more consistent basis.

Bummer, I can't watch tonight. I got a job for the next two nights as a PA announcer for high school baseball games. Hopefully I see a good result from the Cats when I get home.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
I am kind of feeling the same way. It doesn't make sense to me as to why they have been playing the way they have.. Was the first few months a fluke after all? I mean I was really starting to believe that having guys like Campbell, Jovo, Sammy, Steeg, Flash, Bergy.... would help this club from slipping like it has in the past. I was hoping that the vet leadership would control their emotions and keep them from completely deflating, but it hasn't. I am not forgetting the season but I am def worried now because we do have to capitalize on these opportunities with other teams losing, but we aren't. We had such a big lead in the division and now it's gone. I was expecting to see more desperation out of the team against Tampa and Washington and to be quite honest, I didn't see that at all. I didn't see players who knew what was on the line and did whatever needed to be done to earn 2 points.

I hope I am wrong and this team goes on a tear, but for now I am worried.. 30 games left and we aren't exactly winning right now.

I agree. That's definitely the most disappointing thing.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:22 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Last game I bought all the build up for an epic first-place battle.

After 13 seconds, it turned out to be an old-fashioned Panthers a-s kicking in DC courtesy of the prolific goal-scoring of the Caps.

Far from a first-place battle.

With that being said, I am done buying into those headlines until we have a team that can put up more than just 2 goals per game. I am done thinking we might be able to win the game despite our goalie having a star performance.

Yes, we're one or two games away from leading the division. In the same thought, we're one or two games away from being 4 points out of the playoffs and failing yet again. The culture hasn't changed yet.

We could win the game 2-1 or could lose 4-0.

Anything could happen.

Drop the puck and get it over with it.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:

Bummer, I can't watch tonight. I got a job for the next two nights as a PA announcer for high school baseball games. Hopefully I see a good result from the Cats when I get home.
You should rip off Will Ferrel and do this

Old
02-09-2012, 04:38 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Cats need nothing less than two points tonight, and hopefully the Jets beat the Caps. We need to be back in 1st going into Saturday's matinee against the Devils because I dont see us coming out of here with any points in that game. We cannot fall 3 points behind WAS tonight. Damnit, I want a 6 goal outburst for the Cats for a change, 2 points tonight. LETS GO CATS!!!

Old
02-09-2012, 04:59 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Nervous about this game. Hopefully the Washington game was a slap to the face for the guys. Need them to come out with something to prove tonight.

Old
02-09-2012, 05:10 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Bad news: Seems like there is no stream for this game.

Good news: You guys don't have to put up with me just ****ing around. Yes, I'm drunk.

Old
02-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Boooooth10

^^^ When are you not drunk? lol

Old
02-09-2012, 05:20 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
^^^ When are you not drunk? lol
Friday is too mainstream. Thursday is the new Friday for me. Atleast for today.

It's Thursday, right? Right..?

Old
02-09-2012, 05:33 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post

rofl

Old
02-09-2012, 05:37 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

off to the game im more nervous than confident but hey im paying for a game that matters so wtf ... Lets go Panthers!!!

Old
02-09-2012, 05:43 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:

Good luck man! I do some PA myself - it's a blast.

Old
02-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post

I really hope you are over 22 and out of college, or at least over 18. lol

Old
02-09-2012, 05:53 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Heard Markstrom was seen skating yesterday at practice.

This true?

Old
02-09-2012, 06:00 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I really hope you are over 22 and out of college, or at least over 18. lol
19,5 actually. Waiting for my armyservice, which begins at July.

And I've been done with upper secondary school since December, whatever that is in America. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Educati...dary_education

Old
02-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LassieMaven View Post
Heard Markstrom was seen skating yesterday at practice.

This true?
All 3 goalies skated today.

Closed Thread