HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tomas Plekanec

Old
02-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Be a Hab

vCash: 500
Tomas Plekanec

what would he be worth at the deadline ?

Be a Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:06 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66theNBERofthebeast View Post
what would he be worth at the deadline ?
You spelled Pleks name wrong. For me, it will be your 1st + a decent prospect.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Batali Crocs*

1st round pick + top6 potential prospect.

or

young nhler + 2nd/3rd/4th (depending on who young nhl player is)

That's what I'd look for...

Certainly shouldn't be salary dump, no name longshot prospect and 2nd like they got for Cammalleri

Batali Crocs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

I would want him on the Ducks for picks prospects as long as RPG stay.

2013 1st + Holland

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Not available. Not for futures especially.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:38 PM
mytor4*

More than anyone would be willing to pay would be my guess.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:42 PM
DaveT83*

Mid range 1st + prospect I guess

DaveT83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:53 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
Mid range 1st + prospect I guess
If by mid range you mean around the 15 th than i will gladly be the first to say you guessed wrong unless that prospect your throwing is something special.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:55 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
available.

aside from the NTC, nobody will be willing to pay what we want for him. if he's traded, expect a bombing for mckinnon (does he have a meme yet?) next season. the most interest i've seen was from the blackhawks - and you can have wet dreams about that second line for a second, but hawks and habs fans couldn't quite pinpoint the right value.

start with a first, then add

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Habitant le colon

the guy is one if not the best Pker in the league. any team to pick him will assure to be in top 5 pk team. he got a great pass on stick and can create offensive play easily. he just need sized player surronding him and make some space. he worth alot. a 1st ( it,s a freaking Joke : established player + 1st and we will start talking. we need another pker to replace him (probably a better face-off man)

A Vermette + 2013 1st (now that some says that they want to keep their 2012 1st. not saying that he worth the first overall )

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:46 PM
mikef18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
the guy is one if not the best Pker in the league. any team to pick him will assure to be in top 5 pk team. he got a great pass on stick and can create offensive play easily. he just need sized player surronding him and make some space. he worth alot. a 1st ( it,s a freaking Joke : established player + 1st and we will start talking. we need another pker to replace him (probably a better face-off man)

A Vermette + 2013 1st (now that some says that they want to keep their 2012 1st. not saying that he worth the first overall )
Totally agree.

mikef18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:17 PM
m00ks

I want Pleks + for Ryan

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
I want Pleks + for Ryan
Not happening. The latest reports was Murray's reply to Burke was Kessel +. That should tell you something.

We want a center to play with Ryan. Not instead of Ryan.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Dharvey33

Sure for the ducks 1st this year plus smith pelley we will give you pleks.(it's overpayment but it would take that to trade Plekanec)

Guy is worth a lot and that's why i'd trade him Eller is looking more and more ready to replace him as a two way center and we need a player a la grigorenko for our 1st line. Elite Talent with offensive ability let the others care for defense (he can still learn it).

If we are in tank mode after the dealine i could Plekanec moved for a top 5 pick or packaged for a Bonafide 1st center.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 02:31 AM
Zrinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
I want Pleks + for Ryan
From a fan of neither team:

Plekanec + Pacioretty for Ryan + First

Makes some sense for both but a bit lopsided for Anaheim. Maybe drop Patches and the first, Montreal adds one of Kostitsyn/Eller/Leblanc? That's closer to fair value (if Kostitsyn wasn't UFA) but I don't think the Ducks consider moving Ryan unless they're getting a great deal.

Zrinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post

2013 1st + Holland
It would have to be this year's first and Smith-Pelly or a winger prospect of similar ceiling. While you guys are 27th now, with Plekanec odds are you have a solid chance of climbing out of the basement, thus you're not giving up a lottery ticket. Next year Anaheim is liable to contend in the playoffs, which would devalue that pick.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:

2013 1st + Holland
That wouldn't do it.

IF the Habs decided to move Plekanec i would hope that they would target a C in return. Maybe someone who hasn't accomplished as much but has big upside.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:33 AM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
That wouldn't do it.

IF the Habs decided to move Plekanec i would hope that they would target a C in return. Maybe someone who hasn't accomplished as much but has big upside.
And the thing is, i don't get how some Habs fans feel Pleks is expendable. David Desharnais is hardly a proven commodity. I get the lovefest with him given his production this season but he doesn't make Pleks expendable. We have no centerman or forward for that matter who can kill penalties or play key situations like Plekanec does.

If anything there should be a "value of David Desharnais" thread as i find he is expendable. Sell off the little guy while his value is high (probably the highest it ever will be).

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:51 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Not happening. The latest reports was Murray's reply to Burke was Kessel +. That should tell you something.

We want a center to play with Ryan. Not instead of Ryan.
woah what?

plekachu is a center, what are you willing to offer - if anything for his services

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
And the thing is, i don't get how some Habs fans feel Pleks is expendable. David Desharnais is hardly a proven commodity. I get the lovefest with him given his production this season but he doesn't make Pleks expendable. We have no centerman or forward for that matter who can kill penalties or play key situations like Plekanec does.

If anything there should be a "value of David Desharnais" thread as i find he is expendable. Sell off the little guy while his value is high (probably the highest it ever will be).
We are liable to draft Grigorenko, who is projected to be a first line center with similar characteristics to Malkin. Granted, I doubt he will elevate to that level but the probability is he becomes our first line center relatively soon. This leaves us with three options for the second line: Plekanec, Desharnais and Eller. Of the three only Plek has enough value to garner another high end pick to solidify the rebuild. If we got Anaheim's pick, we could grab another center or shore up our defense.

Desharnais and Eller are not likely worth much, especially the former. They are too early into their respective development and Bobby Mac commented on many GMs wary of Desharnais being a product of good chemistry in lieu of gifted himself. He needs to prove his talent is individual not just riding off the success of Cole and Pacioretty.

Basically, it comes down looking to the future. We're not going to suddenly compete next season even with Grigorenko. Montreal needs to bring in assets and let some bad contracts play themselves out. People assume Gomez will get buried but I'm not convinced of it. Therefore, if we want a solid return, we have to deal solid assets. Plekanec is our best asset.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:35 AM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
We are liable to draft Grigorenko, who is projected to be a first line center with similar characteristics to Malkin. Granted, I doubt he will elevate to that level but the probability is he becomes our first line center relatively soon. This leaves us with three options for the second line: Plekanec, Desharnais and Eller. Of the three only Plek has enough value to garner another high end pick to solidify the rebuild. If we got Anaheim's pick, we could grab another center or shore up our defense.

Desharnais and Eller are not likely worth much, especially the former. They are too early into their respective development and Bobby Mac commented on many GMs wary of Desharnais being a product of good chemistry in lieu of gifted himself. He needs to prove his talent is individual not just riding off the success of Cole and Pacioretty.

Basically, it comes down looking to the future. We're not going to suddenly compete next season even with Grigorenko. Montreal needs to bring in assets and let some bad contracts play themselves out. People assume Gomez will get buried but I'm not convinced of it. Therefore, if we want a solid return, we have to deal solid assets. Plekanec is our best asset.
IF the Habs are able to draft Grigorenko then yes i would consider Pleks (and more likely DD) to be expendable. But until then, he is firmly planted within our core.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:59 AM
powerstuck
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
If by mid range you mean around the 15 th than i will gladly be the first to say you guessed wrong unless that prospect your throwing is something special.
If you expect a top10 1st you can keep on dreaming.

powerstuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Habitant le colon

grigorenko can also play a right wing

Pacioretty Desharnais Grigorenko
Bourque Plekanec Cole
Leblanc Eller Gionta
Blunden White Moen

if we move Plekanec

Pacioretty Desharnais Cole
Bourque Grigorenko Gionta
Leblanc Eller Moen
Blunden White ?

Old
02-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
If you expect a top10 1st you can keep on dreaming.
even in a top draft he can be able to reach at least 10 to 20 range 1st round. Knowing that 2012 is not deep maybe .. i said maybe we can grab 5 to 15 ... but somehow ... unless a team in this area is motivated to pick a PKer beast as Pleky i don,t see him being moved ... CBJ is the best option cuz this team need to build around a good def system to let their offensive produce.

Someone told me that Carter value more than Pleky. I answer this : where on Earth will the production of Carter can benifit to you if you loose by four fffffff goal ? Pleky is also a great playmaker but need alot of space to make it done ... wich smurf are not able to do here in MTL !!

Old
02-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
IF the Habs are able to draft Grigorenko then yes i would consider Pleks (and more likely DD) to be expendable. But until then, he is firmly planted within our core.
Depends on the offer. If we could get something like Anaheim's first and Smith-Pelly, I'n sold. We take a bit of a risk on where the pick ends up but odds are quite high it remains a top ten.