HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tomas Plekanec

Old
02-09-2012, 05:33 PM
m00ks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
If they do decide to rebuild...What has to be added for this to work?

Schwartz
Ponich
1st
Habs would never full out rebuild. Too many good pieces already in place and at ripe ages.

Also, I would never move Pleka for futures. I'd be aiming for a 1-2 year maximum turnover, something you can't get with mid-round picks and prospects.

Pleka + for unhappy/struggling star (not necessarily talking about one of RPG). That's the return I'd be looking at and nothing less.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 05:33 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
I said skillset?? did I???? ummm nope i didn't nice try tho, I actually used Eller as the skill set example if you actually read it to the end. A good reason might be he can reach the light switch, freezer and cookies for the rest of the centers
Here read it's in your original post not your edited post

Originally Posted by bobbyt911
Pleks for Ryan or any thing like that would never happen. It has nothing to do with value or anything but how things work in the NHL. If Pleks were to be traded it would prob be for a big skilled center prospect like Colbourne and a pick. I'm not suggesting Colbourne but a player similar. Or it could be a pkg of a few descent prospects. I would think that the Habs would be more interested in a situation like Eller and I see Pleks fetching roughly the same as Halak did.

See the part that says ..big skilled center prospect like Colbourne .
Editing a post doesn't always work but nice try.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
If they do decide to rebuild...What has to be added for this to work?

Schwartz
Ponich
1st
I'd probably do that deal, but I'm very high on Schwartz. Don't think it'd be something that Habs management would do, but that's more expectation than anything else.

Value is good though.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 05:50 PM
bobbyt911
you must quote me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Here read it's in your original post not your edited post

Originally Posted by bobbyt911
Pleks for Ryan or any thing like that would never happen. It has nothing to do with value or anything but how things work in the NHL. If Pleks were to be traded it would prob be for a big skilled center prospect like Colbourne and a pick. I'm not suggesting Colbourne but a player similar. Or it could be a pkg of a few descent prospects. I would think that the Habs would be more interested in a situation like Eller and I see Pleks fetching roughly the same as Halak did.

See the part that says ..big skilled center prospect like Colbourne .
Editing a post doesn't always work but nice try.
I edited it to make it 100% clear because I thought saying "I'm not suggesting Colbourne" was clear enough. Back to the point at hand if the Habs are trying to get a better bigger C then good luck cuz most teams aren't going to trade a C for a C unless the Habs include their top prospects. What would work however is pkg Pleks with picks/prospects go for top D then flip the D for the C you guys wanted.

bobbyt911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 05:53 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
I edited it to make it 100% clear because I thought saying "I'm not suggesting Colbourne" was clear enough. Back to the point at hand if the Habs are trying to get a better bigger C then good luck cuz most teams aren't going to trade a C for a C unless the Habs include their top prospects. What would work however is pkg Pleks with picks/prospects go for top D then flip the D for the C you guys wanted.
nice try.

Old
02-09-2012, 06:08 PM
angry pirate

Anaheim recieves:

Tomas Plekanec
2012 3rd Round pick
2013 3rd Round pick (Conditional on Anaheim missing the 2012 playoffs)

Montreal Recieves:

Devante Smith Pelley
Peter Holland
2012 1st Round pick (Changes to 2013 if Anaheim misses 2012 playoffs)

angry pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 06:14 PM
bobbyt911

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
nice try.
You say nice try like I was actually trying something lol. Any how the Habs are in a tough spot in that they're talent is young so you don't trade it away and they only have Gionta, Gill and Cole for Vets to try and snag top prospects with. Gionta should get a 1st any day but Cole and Gill won't bring home whats needed so i suspect a cpl yrs more of no play offs for the Habs untill the prospects get going. And the Habs love to take their time with them.

Old
02-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
Anaheim recieves:

Tomas Plekanec
2012 3rd Round pick
2013 3rd Round pick (Conditional on Anaheim missing the 2012 playoffs)

Montreal Recieves:

Devante Smith Pelley
Peter Holland
2012 1st Round pick (Changes to 2013 if Anaheim misses 2012 playoffs)
Or Holland + 1st?

We are not going to trade away pick/prospects like they are throwaways when we suck this bad.

I would give up 2 of Holland/DSP/1st. Not all 3. Even if you guys do add 2nd/3rds to even it out.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Chris G

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Or Holland + 1st?

We are not going to trade away pick/prospects like they are throwaways when we suck this bad.

I would give up 2 of Holland/DSP/1st. Not all 3. Even if you guys do add 2nd/3rds to even it out.
Pleky for holland + 1st 2012?

Done

Chris G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
Pleky for holland + 1st 2012?

Done
before the draft. Not now. If the pock is top 8 then we keep it sorry. 2013 1st instead.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Beendair Donedat

I'd rather get McNeil from Chicago for a big young center prospect. Imagine a 1-2-3 punch of Grigorenko, McNeil, Desharnais in a couple of years?

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:18 PM
bobbyt911

OMG Gomez Scored!!

Old
02-10-2012, 04:30 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
OMG Gomez Scored!!
And he's almost double the pt total of pylon Komi.

Old
02-10-2012, 05:08 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Depends on the offer. If we could get something like Anaheim's first and Smith-Pelly, I'n sold. We take a bit of a risk on where the pick ends up but odds are quite high it remains a top ten.
Anaheim is not going to do that right now.....Koivu is playing very well, so is our no.3 center Nick Bonino. I could see Anaheim having interest in Pleks after the season, but their pick is still top 5 right now with a difficult 8 game road trip coming.

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:20 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
And the thing is, i don't get how some Habs fans feel Pleks is expendable. David Desharnais is hardly a proven commodity. I get the lovefest with him given his production this season but he doesn't make Pleks expendable. We have no centerman or forward for that matter who can kill penalties or play key situations like Plekanec does.

If anything there should be a "value of David Desharnais" thread as i find he is expendable. Sell off the little guy while his value is high (probably the highest it ever will be).
In part I agree but Desharnais has good chemistry with Pacioretty and Cole. Making him an effective #2 center. Plekanec will fetch the most in a trade. Plekanec face-off and PK duties could replaced by signing a good 4th line center like Moore or Gaustad

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote