HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Playoffs? Playoffs? We still have a division title to take! *Cowbell*

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2012, 08:22 PM
awfulwaffle

vCash: 500
Playoffs? Playoffs? We still have a division title to take! *Cowbell*

Finally a use for my Accounting degree!

Coyotes win in Regulation:
1) Sharks win period, Coyotes need just 1 point.
2) Kings win in SO, Coyotes just need 1 point.
3) Kings win via ROW, Coyotes need any victory.

Last edited by awfulwaffle: 04-06-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old
02-08-2012, 08:28 PM
hbk

I usually just check this site.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

Old
02-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Grimes

I like it.

Old
02-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Grimes

Hope tonight is a 4-3 win for San Jose that just barely misses going into overtime so an exhausted Flames is at Jobing. Hell I will take a win for Flames tonight followed by a lackluster performance tomorrow.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:13 PM
awfulwaffle

I would like to see the Sharks lose this game, seeing as how if we go on a ridiculous tear, and the Sharks somehow falter a bit, who knows what could happen. Any Pacific Division team loss is good in my book.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:28 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Good idea, I was thinking about it myself. I think I'm just rooting for a 2 point game out of the Flames/Sharks contest tonight. Like others have said, a tired Flames team for tomorrow would be good. Chicago will be doing the same, playing the Sharks the night before they come here on Saturday night. We win these next 2 and Chicago loses 2, we'll be looking at the 6th seed possibly. Just win, baby!

Old
02-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

I like having this thread. i am watching who plays who every night now and how it impacts the conference. lets keep this going.

I havent checked the scores yet but i just want a two point game from cal vs sj and carolina to beat ana. the ducks are still pretty far back but i dont like how well they are playing right now

Old
02-08-2012, 11:55 PM
awfulwaffle

Calgary gets 2 points, Anaheim gets 2 points, Sharks get 0. Damn you Hurricanes!

Old
02-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Grimes

Close games at least. Here's to hoping Calgary plays Karlsson tomorrow to rest Kip who has played 47 games so far this season.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:29 AM
DouX
Keeping Arizona Icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
I usually just check this site.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html
Sweet website, thanks for sharing. We have a 50%, can't ask for much more considering everything we have dealt with all season.

Old
02-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Lots of games tonight: st. louis, dallas, nashville, l.a., minnesota. Lets take care of business against calgary. if we do we should close ground on at least a few.

Old
02-09-2012, 10:04 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

I'm all for it, awfulwaffle. By the looks of it, even if we do get in, we're looking at #7 or 8 and another date with the Wings in all likelihood, but hey at least there's a chance in that scenario! The schedule is a lot more favourable now--should be able to make up some ground if they stay healthy and add a piece or two on Feb. 27.

Old
02-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Colt45Blast
In your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
I'm all for it, awfulwaffle. By the looks of it, even if we do get in, we're looking at #7 or 8 and another date with the Wings in all likelihood, but hey at least there's a chance in that scenario! The schedule is a lot more favourable now--should be able to make up some ground if they stay healthy and add a piece or two on Feb. 27.
If the Coyotes continue to play like they have as of late the rest of the way then I do see any reason why they wouldn't win the division. Also I'll go on a rampage if we end up facing the Dead Wings again in the 1st round. Unacceptable at all costs and I don't want to see anyone again jinx the team into playing Detroit in the 1st round, just like last season when most of you voted you wanted Detroit in the 1st round. Coyotes and Coyotes Fans deserve much better than a 1st round date with that team.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Grimes

Quote:
If the Coyotes continue to play like they have as of late the rest of the way then I do see any reason why they wouldn't win the division.
Sharks have a brutal schedule coming up. Just saying. 5 back to back games that all include road trips and 2 weeks on the road. Then they end the season playing the Kings twice.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:10 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
Sharks have a brutal schedule coming up. Just saying. 5 back to back games that all include road trips and 2 weeks on the road. Then they end the season playing the Kings twice.
Yep, they have a 9 game road trip I believe after they play the Blackhawks on Friday. Might not be correct on that, but I know it's coming up. I hope that really wears on them. We went through a rough patch, and they are too. Either way, Coyotes just need to focus on what they need to do, and everything will fall into place elsewhere.

Old
02-09-2012, 10:43 PM
awfulwaffle

Picked up 2 points on a few teams tonight. Stars staying close, and Calgary still got a point against us tonight. 4 straight games of 2 points, I like it! Sole holders of 8th place now. I'd like to see the Stars lose a game in regulation tomorrow.

Old
02-09-2012, 10:52 PM
awfulwaffle

Added another column to the standings in the OP. GL, the amount of times we play that team the rest of the way this season.

Old
02-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Time to keep things rolling and pass l.a., chicago and san jose.

Nashville and st.louis are pretty far ahead but i am glad nashville lost tonight at least. i thought columbus had a shot at coming back after nash closed the score to 3-2 but no dice

Old
02-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Double post

go yotes!

Old
02-09-2012, 11:56 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Added another column to the standings in the OP. GL, the amount of times we play that team the rest of the way this season.
I like it. Nice job.

Old
02-10-2012, 01:06 AM
BUX7PHX

Biggest piece of the equation is the logjam of teams fighting for those spots. Right now, LA, PHX, MIN, CGY, COL, ANA, and DAL are the teams to stay ahead of, and after the win against Calgary, we still have 11 total games against these teams. Pick up points, but use as much of the opportunity to get those in regulation.

Our remaining games have some tough teams and some teams that are out, so any chance of .500 or better and 15 points in those remaining 11 games is a good sign. The more we win in regulation, the better we are going forward, as we are also solid on that tiebreaker, at the moment...

Old
02-10-2012, 01:11 AM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
If the Coyotes continue to play like they have as of late the rest of the way then I do see any reason why they wouldn't win the division. Also I'll go on a rampage if we end up facing the Dead Wings again in the 1st round. Unacceptable at all costs and I don't want to see anyone again jinx the team into playing Detroit in the 1st round, just like last season when most of you voted you wanted Detroit in the 1st round. Coyotes and Coyotes Fans deserve much better than a 1st round date with that team.
I agree, but I also thought that we matched up with the Red Wings better than any other team we could have played. SJ and Vancouver pounded us all year, and the only other teams that we could have faced were LA, who did well against us, Anaheim, who also was playing better than us at the time, or Nashville, which would have made for a tight series, but a difficult one.

Some teams are going to slow down, too, so the final shake-up hasn't come through, but Detroit is playing too well right now to not get the #1 seed. Vancouver will be close, but I think Detroit winds up at #1, and I don't think we will be 8th. My guess is 6th or 7th...

Old
02-11-2012, 08:45 AM
awfulwaffle

I don't remember the Blackhawks game, but I saw they lost. They have been on a bad run lately. Still though, our boys are gonna have to show up tonight. Quite a bit of games today that are of importance to us.

Old
02-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Colt45Blast
In your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post
I agree, but I also thought that we matched up with the Red Wings better than any other team we could have played. SJ and Vancouver pounded us all year, and the only other teams that we could have faced were LA, who did well against us, Anaheim, who also was playing better than us at the time, or Nashville, which would have made for a tight series, but a difficult one.

Some teams are going to slow down, too, so the final shake-up hasn't come through, but Detroit is playing too well right now to not get the #1 seed. Vancouver will be close, but I think Detroit winds up at #1, and I don't think we will be 8th. My guess is 6th or 7th...
The Coyotes were not going to get out of the 1st round last season no matter who they faced, it would have been nice to just see someone other than the Dead Things in the 1st round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
I don't remember the Blackhawks game, but I saw they lost. They have been on a bad run lately. Still though, our boys are gonna have to show up tonight. Quite a bit of games today that are of importance to us.
As Dave Strader said in the past, we can't only rely on what other teams do but rather what the Coyotes do. As long as the Coyotes win then it doesn't matter what the other teams do.

Old
02-11-2012, 09:55 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
As Dave Strader said in the past, we can't only rely on what other teams do but rather what the Coyotes do. As long as the Coyotes win then it doesn't matter what the other teams do.
Well that's obvious. It's still nice to talk about what the other teams are doing, any of their losses help us. As much as I'd like the Coyotes to win every game, it just won't happen.

Closed Thread