HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poking the Bear Edition

Old
02-09-2012, 03:52 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Awesome. Fire. Too fun to watch to be a part of this season.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 04:34 PM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr View Post
Sure, it's only one game, and we can't put too much weight in it - but beating Boston 6-0 in the first game without Ruff behind the bench? That says something.

Pulling out a 3-2 win would be one thing, but to have Miller get the shutout and for this team to score 6 goals - I think that's a big deal. A really big deal. Add in the fact that it was against Boston of all teams, and Ruff's inability to get even average performance out of this roster for most of this season and a good chunk of last season, and I really don't think it's much of a stretch.
Yea, because the players had no reason to get fired up for a Boston game other than Ruff being in the pressbox (sorry, that sounded more condecending that I wanted).

We've been playing well, Boston hasn't, and they kicked our ass early this year and beat us in the built-up rematch. Clearly, we're getting desperate (in a very good way) and when you give a team that's been playing as well as we have an extra reason to play well, especially against a struggling opponent, you sometimes get a 6-0 blowout.

Anyone saying this happened because Ruff wasn't behind the bench is reaching pretty far.

msm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:15 PM
vcv
Deal with it

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonzo View Post
My opinion of all the "Ugly" given to the goal being waved off due to GI:

If you don't want ticky-tack goaltender interference calls to go against you, then maybe you shouldn't run goalies and laugh about it.
Bravo, sir. Bravo.

Too bad they didn't call Chara on running his own goalie...

vcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Kyndig86

Think I was swearing at my TV through the entire game. Hate Versus always have.
(not all exact quotes but close enough)
"We were dominated entire first 20 minutes" err it was 2-0 buffalo last i saw

"Leino deserves to be smashed for snowing the goalie" ok whatever I'm gonna join their crew and just say Chara needs his spine snapped in half on a glass divider

"Miller needs to make at least 28 saves for buffalo to win" I think we were winning 4-0 at the time

"Thorton is too strong for McCormick" it was an even fight if not tilted towards Mc in favor of winning.

"Bad Goalie interference call completely changed the game" uhh we still would have won 6-1 they weren't playing us any differently.

Every time we are on that GD channel they are so anti-sabres and their play by play is so freaking bad they don't talk about hockey half of the time. They also never hesitate to point out a penalty that should be against us but always fail to point out other teams.

Oh well we beat my most hated team on most hated channel. FU VS same **** different channel name.

Kyndig86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:59 AM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty View Post
I think you meant groveling...!
No Crazy, Chain meant kneeling ...

Anyway, I loved the GBU title change so much I came back to post.

I worked 12 LONG hours then missed the 1st pd due to a domestic issue, UGH, but I am pleased to say my 2 Bruins-fan friends were out watching the game and were so pissed at 3-0 to start the 2nd, that they ended up leaving before the 2nd period was over.

And, had the game been scoreless or had I got there for the 1st pd start, I was willing to bet them each a beer on the outcome of the game.

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote