HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Weber To Vancouver (deadline)

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2012, 10:18 PM
CISSP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAME CANADA View Post
I'd love to play the Preds again, we have Rinnie number, we chased him from net what? 2 times already this season?... Preds top line centre is Fisher, that's not putting fear into Sharks, Canucks or Wings. Preds lack the offence punch they'll need to get by the Canucks, Wings or Sharks. I'm sure you'll give them a run for their money but in the end I just don't see how they can beat any of the top 3 in the West in a 7 game series.
The Preds have Weber and Suter and play a great team defense. I could see them easily making a run if they shore up their top lines with a bit more offense.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:20 PM
CISSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flgatorguy87 View Post
He won't be traded now. The value of Weber for the playoffs is way to much for us. We can play him for the remainder of the season, and then if he happens to get an offer sheet we would be compensated. We don't want this to happen, but as a worst case scenario it's still better than the OPs proposal.

I kind of look at it like what would it take for us to acquire a Dman like Weber for the playoff push. That's what makes you realize how important it is to keep him even if he takes off in the off season. He is worth it for the playoffs.
How about from a value perspective then?

Old
02-08-2012, 10:21 PM
predfan24

Quote:
I'd love to play the Preds again, we have Rinnie number, we chased him from net what? 2 times already this season?... Preds top line centre is Fisher, that's not putting fear into Sharks, Canucks or Wings. Preds lack the offence punch they'll need to get by the Canucks, Wings or Sharks. I'm sure you'll give them a run for their money but in the end I just don't see how they can beat any of the top 3 in the West in a 7 game series.
Apparently you missed the game last night.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

vCash: 538
canucks would be better off sending Weber offer july first.

5 first round picks in the 24-** range well worth. Having said that i think Preds will match.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:36 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Apparently you missed the game last night.
you mean the one Canucks won when they were half asleep?

Old
02-08-2012, 10:40 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CISSP View Post
The Preds have Weber and Suter and play a great team defense. I could see them easily making a run if they shore up their top lines with a bit more offense.
You need an offensive weapon.... Mike Fish isn't that. I just don't see how they'll beat out one of the top 3 teams in 7 game series, who also have a great D but with the offense.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:41 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

No Kesler or Hodgson?

Ya right, you don't get a player like Weber w/o giving up significant core assets.....

I still want Anaheim to offer the Preds a Ryan package for Weber at the draft, if infact the Preds entertain offers

Old
02-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Sayonara77
Farewell Kes

At this point, this thread should be stickied. I can't count how many times have seen this same exact thread in these recent years. The responses are always the same.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Flgatorguy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by CISSP View Post
How about from a value perspective then?
Well I avoided the value part because these preds vs nucks value portions tend to get chippy, but since you asked...I don't want pieces, parts, or prospects. If we are loosing Weber before the deadline then it hurts really bad, so I would want an equally painful return from y'all. I would want Kesler.....and before you talk about the length and affordability of his contract, I am aware of that. That's what makes it hurt. I know some fans of Nashville wouldn't do this trade, and probably a larger amount of Nucks fans would oppose it, that's why I don't think it happens. You asked for a value, and that's just my .02 as worthless as it may be.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:49 PM
predfan24

Quote:
you mean the one Canucks won when they were half asleep?
Wait, you mean the one where the Preds could have played much better and still deserved to win the game?

See we can play this game all night. Vancouver is good no doubt. But if you don't think an improved Nashville team doesnt have a legit shot to beat them in a series you are just being a blind homer. But I suspect we will we another witty quote from you where you claim Vancouvers superiority because the team you played last night was named the "Nashville Predators"

Old
02-08-2012, 10:59 PM
dsedin

Quote:
So you've named only 3 teams in the west that Nashville can't beat in the playoffs (in your opinion), yet you don't think Nashville are contenders...then you contradict yourself by saying they'll give any of these teams a run for their money. They were 1 of the top 8 teams last year, and took the Canucks to 6 games...what exactly constitutes being a contender, in your opinion?

Old
02-08-2012, 11:07 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Wait, you mean the one where the Preds could have played much better and still deserved to win the game?

See we can play this game all night. Vancouver is good no doubt. But if you don't think an improved Nashville team doesnt have a legit shot to beat them in a series you are just being a blind homer. But I suspect we will we another witty quote from you where you claim Vancouvers superiority because the team you played last night was named the "Nashville Predators"
I'm trying not to run down the Preds cause I respect how they won't allow themselves to tank or suck but will build to compete. Preds just are a few steps below the top 3 in the West, come on do you really think the Preds offence can run with Canucks, Wings or Sharks?. It has nothing to do with being a "homer" but just look at the teams players and come up with your own conclusion, Mike Fisher is your top line centre, I doubt he makes the top 6 on any of the top 3. I don't see how the Preds can go into a series vs Wings, Sharks or Canucks and be looked at as a team that will win the series.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
I'm trying not to run down the Preds cause I respect how they won't allow themselves to tank or suck but will build to compete. Preds just are a few steps below the top 3 in the West, come on do you really think the Preds offence can run with Canucks, Wings or Sharks?. It has nothing to do with being a "homer" but just look at the teams players and come up with your own conclusion, Mike Fisher is your top line centre, I doubt he makes the top 6 on any of the top 3. I don't see how the Preds can go into a series vs Wings, Sharks or Canucks and be looked at as a team that will win the series.
No way the Preds could hang offensively with the Sharks. They score a full .02 G/G more than them. Whatever will they do to make up that .02 goals per game difference?

Old
02-08-2012, 11:12 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsedin View Post
So you've named only 3 teams in the west that Nashville can't beat in the playoffs (in your opinion), yet you don't think Nashville are contenders...then you contradict yourself by saying they'll give any of these teams a run for their money. They were 1 of the top 8 teams last year, and took the Canucks to 6 games...what exactly constitutes being a contender, in your opinion?
What are you talking about? I never called them a cup contender or said their in the same ball park as Sharks, Wings or Canucks... How do I contradict myself? saying they could give those teams a run for their money isn't the same as saying they stand a good chance to win it, it means I don't expect a top team to steam roll them.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:14 PM
ZetterBurger

I would be embarassed as a 'nucks fan.

They would get 3 1sts and a couple more picks if he signs an offer sheet. That is a better package then this.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:15 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
No way the Preds could hang offensively with the Sharks. They score a full .02 G/G more than them. Whatever will they do to make up that .02 goals per game difference?
How about the Canucks and Wings? think you can hang with those 2? any team that has Mike Fisher as their top line centre has offense issues.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
How about the Canucks and Wings? think you can hang with those 2? any team that has Mike Fisher as their top line centre has offense issues.
Any team that has Alex Burrows as their top line wing has offense issues. You can't just look at one player, or only at offense...

The Canucks have a better offense than the Preds, so what? Could the Preds beat them in a 7 game series? Absolutely. Could the Canucks beat the Preds in 5 or 6? Absolutely. Luckily, playoff rounds aren't decided by regular season stats.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:23 PM
AmericanRocket91

When will people realize that cap dumps like Ballard won't get you top tier players. If Vancouver wants Weber offer up Scneider, Hamuis/Bieska, and a 1st round pick.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:27 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

It's relieving to see Canucks fans policing themselves.

Weber is absolutely not available.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:29 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Any team that has Alex Burrows as their top line wing has offense issues. You can't just look at one player, or only at offense...

The Canucks have a better offense than the Preds, so what? Could the Preds beat them in a 7 game series? Absolutely. Could the Canucks beat the Preds in 5 or 6? Absolutely. Luckily, playoff rounds aren't decided by regular season stats.
Burrows is pretty dam good, 30+ goal scorer who plays a high level defensive game is pretty nice to have on your top line. Saying things like anything can happen is just a copout. I guess I should buy lotto tickets cause someone has to win?... Preds just don't have the offensive power to match a team like Vancouver in 7 games, who also have a great deep D and in net. Plus we have Kesler who seems to be the Preds achilles heel
Anything can happen but I don't like their chances.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:31 PM
FaceOfTheFranchise

Quote:
While I'm hoping we add some offense and a vet dman this trade deadline, you obviously don't get that Nashville relies on their depth and the ability to bring an offensive threat EVERY shift. We have 9 players over 10 goals at the moment.

Mike Fisher has played two less games than Ryan Kesler, yet has one less goal (16 compared to Kesler's 17). In his last 14 games he has 16 points, and our "first" line of him, Kostitsyn, and Erat has really heated up.

With Rinne in net and Shea Weber and Ryan Suter playing 30 minutes a night in the playoffs, I have no doubt that we could hang with Detroit and Vancouver...at the very least.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:32 PM
rypper

This is an awful trade proposal and does not in any way shape or form reflect on any real canuck fans.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Burrows is pretty dam good, 30+ goal scorer who plays a high level defensive game is pretty nice to have on your top line. Saying things like anything can happen is just a copout. I guess I should buy lotto tickets cause someone has to win?... Preds just don't have the offensive power to match a team like Vancouver in 7 games, who also have a great deep D and in net. Plus we have Kesler who seems to be the Preds achilles heel
Anything can happen but I don't like their chances.
Burrows isn't a 30+ goal scorer. He's a guy that scored over 30 goals once, playing with the Sedins...

Old
02-08-2012, 11:35 PM
TradeGuru*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL KING View Post
since weber is up for a new contract this off season, what would it take vancouver to get him out of nashville for the playoffs? Nashville fans, lets face it. he's not staying after this year is over.

Ballard
raymond
Schroeder
1st 2012
conditional 2013 1st if weber resigns

for

weber
tootoo

?
you realize that Weber will get 7+ million dollars a year right? with the Sedins and Luongo already making a ton, it would be foolish for them trade for him.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Tayvaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL KING View Post
since weber is up for a new contract this off season, what would it take vancouver to get him out of nashville for the playoffs? Nashville fans, lets face it. he's not staying after this year is over.

Ballard
raymond
Schroeder
1st 2012
conditional 2013 1st if weber resigns

for

weber
tootoo

?

Closed Thread