vCash: 500
Official Sports Radio Thread Part 6

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=990191 Link to Part 5

02-09-2012, 06:30 AM
bruinsfan1970
Global Moderator
B's R always Champs!

Does WEEI have a link?I would like to listen on computer as I can't get any reception on radio.

Old
02-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Shaun

Here you go

http://player.streamtheworld.com/_pl...layer/?id=WEEI

Old
02-09-2012, 07:52 AM
bruinsfan1970
Global Moderator
B's R always Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Thank-you very much.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Pastafarian!

great post- but you understand, we live an era of overreaction, and lets face it, look around you and you should not be surprised.

I agree though- had Asante Samuel intercepted that pass in 2007 (forget the insane Tyree catch and throw) and Welker catch the pass last Sunday in the 4th, Brady probably has 5 SB's. His greatness depended on two others and yet he now sucks.
Anyone and I mean anyone who thinks he's a bum has zero respect with football from me. I'm sure if we could watch Pete Prisco or Skip Bayless for 24/7 like the Truman Show we'd see some weird ****, and likely some pretty ****ed up individuals. I have no doubt Bayless has some issues going back to childhood. Guy is a tool.

also, Brady was 20-23 at the time Tuck crushed him; so he is great and sucks in the same game. Being a freaking moron 24/7 must just suck....imagine having to be some of these people.

Add to that; At the time Tuck crushed him, Brady had completed 16 in a row, a SB record.

And further, to play the "What If" game, had Reche Caldwell caught that pass in the AFC Championship game, the Pats would have beaten the Colts, and quite likely the Bears too. Simply put, he's 3 completions away from being 6 for 6 in Super Bowls...what a bum!

At least the SBs have been exciting...if you like heart attacks!

Old
02-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Greatest Of All Time

It's pretty obvious that, regardless of our individual opinions on him or the media, Tim Thomas's public image in Boston isn't going to recover from this.

Old
02-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
It's pretty obvious that, regardless of our individual opinions on him or the media, Tim Thomas's public image in Boston isn't going to recover from this.
you talking about the anti TT jihad going on at the Felger and Mazz show? They're accusing him of crimes against humanity or something.

don't know about TT's public image but i do know that this station is at the top of the ramp revving their motors as they look down at the shark tank they're about to jump.

Old
02-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
They're still talking a/b Thomas? Why?

Every time I've listened in the past few days it's been a funeral for the pats. Which is getting unbearable and old, too.

A knowledgeable fan called in to 98.5 before the Buffalo game, interrupting the pats funeral, mentioned Kaleta and the potential for bad blood etc. You could tell no one had any clue who Kaleta was. If they're still talking a/b TT, it's confirmation it's an excuse to not have to intelligently discuss hockey. They really need a hockey guy.

Old
02-09-2012, 02:37 PM
bigbadjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
They're still talking a/b Thomas? Why?...
they are talking about Tim and his opinions because he continues to post them on Facebook.

he is currently standing beside the Catholic Hierarchy and their fight against women having access to contraception. he's calling it religious freedom.

just to clarify.

Old
02-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Pie O My

wow! tailgunner Joe was just on and it sounds like full on "occupy locker room" by the media.

Felger, Mazz, and Haggs just promised that they would not let this go away until TT is driven out of town.

Quick question since it's been awhile, where on the dial is EEI again?

Old
02-09-2012, 02:54 PM
hoss75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadjohn View Post
they are talking about Tim and his opinions because he continues to post them on Facebook.

he is currently standing beside the Catholic Hierarchy and their fight against women having access to contraception. he's calling it religious freedom.

just to clarify.
Didn't realize Facebook was a sport.

And I thought the issue was the man requiring birth control on privately funded health insurance.

Old
02-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Neely08

Quote:

just to clarify.
Wow. Someone disagrees w/ me politically? WHAT? WHAT??? Jihad time, baby! Get my semtex...

Lemme help you out, at any given time anywhere from 48 to 51 % of the US population is going to disagree w/ you on given issues. That's a lot of people. One of them happens to be Thomas.

Who cares? Is he running for office? Is he going to change a single vote in the coming election? Nope.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
wow! tailgunner Joe was just on and it sounds like full on "occupy locker room" by the media.

Felger, Mazz, and Haggs just promised that they would not let this go away until TT is driven out of town.

Please tell me you're kidding.

You know what? Then get off the radio, stop hanging around the B's locker room, and go campaign for Obama.

Christ...

Old
02-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Here is what I don't get about this Thomas thing.

The media is making a big deal out of the fact Thomas did not want to answer questions about his facebook post. They are media people, their livelihood depends on getting comment from players and extrapolating, I get that.

What I don't get is why they think, we as fans, give a ****? I for one steer clear away from player interviews and press conferences. Don't care what they have to say because its all BS.. and if I was in the same situation, I would lie or have no comment either.

Its the same with the BS about player skipping out on the media after a loss. I get why the media types make a big deal, because that don't have **** to write about. But again, why should we as fans care?

Thomas is entitled to his opinion, he let everyone know, big ****ing deal. Its times like this I do with all these media outlets would go out of business and just let the games be played. Save us all the bull ****.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Please tell me you're kidding.

You know what? Then get off the radio, stop hanging around the B's locker room, and go campaign for Obama.

Christ...
i'm interested in seeing what the ratings will be for the 2 weeks leading up to the SB for our 2 wonderful sports radio stations.

The "hockey station" (which now deserves to be in quotes) has been doing their best to imitate the old arrogant EEI. There has been no semblance of any kind of intelligent hockey talk for a while now, reaching its nadir with that unlistenable morning show. I actually couldn't take it anymore last week and turned to the D&C show and lo and behold what did i hear? An actual informative interview with Andy Brickley. wtf!!?

If EEI had any brains they'd see what's going on and start some sort of promo aimed at B's fans along the lines of "Bruins fans! Point made. Lesson learned. Contrition in progress. WEEI, your home for real hockey talk. (No, seriously, we're not kidding)".

Old
02-09-2012, 03:20 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Here is what I don't get about this Thomas thing.

The media is making a big deal out of the fact Thomas did not want to answer questions about his facebook post. They are media people, their livelihood depends on getting comment from players and extrapolating, I get that.

What I don't get is why they think, we as fans, give a ****? I for one steer clear away from player interviews and press conferences. Don't care what they have to say because its all BS.. and if I was in the same situation, I would lie or have no comment either.

Its the same with the BS about player skipping out on the media after a loss. I get why the media types make a big deal, because that don't have **** to write about. But again, why should we as fans care?

Thomas is entitled to his opinion, he let everyone know, big ****ing deal. Its times like this I do with all these media outlets would go out of business and just let the games be played. Save us all the bull ****.
Extremely well put!

Somebody asked these questions in a similar manner last night to DA around 620pm, and his response was "I talk about the current topics and the things that people want to talk about." What I wanna know is, who the hell dictates what qualifies as a current topic? It was an awful response by DA and I give the caller huge props for asking the question the way he did.

I know the media makes stories out of nothing so they have material, but this is just getting ridiculous. Thomas isn't out there beheading baby seals. He's a man, he has an opinion on a very largely debated issue in this country right now, and he posted his opinion. Keywords "HIS" and "OPINION"

Old
02-09-2012, 03:23 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
i'm interested in seeing what the ratings will be for the 2 weeks leading up to the SB for our 2 wonderful sports radio stations.

The "hockey station" (which now deserves to be in quotes) has been doing their best to imitate the old arrogant EEI. There has been no semblance of any kind of intelligent hockey talk for a while now, reaching its nadir with that unlistenable morning show. I actually couldn't take it anymore last week and turned to the D&C show and lo and behold what did i hear? An actual informative interview with Andy Brickley. wtf!!?

If EEI had any brains they'd see what's going on and start some sort of promo aimed at B's fans along the lines of "Bruins fans! Point made. Lesson learned. Contrition in progress. WEEI, your home for real hockey talk. (No, seriously, we're not kidding)".
It would draw me in, no question.

I can tolerate speaking negatively of the Bruins, but the grasping at straws for stories to put guys down and turn this into a circus is maddening. Tell me that Thomas played like crap last night, not what his personal opinion on Catholicism is.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:30 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:

Is this true?

****ing garbage.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:32 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:

just to clarify.
Nice job clarifying considering that's not what the issue is at all.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
It would draw me in, no question.

I can tolerate speaking negatively of the Bruins, but the grasping at straws for stories to put guys down and turn this into a circus is maddening. Tell me that Thomas played like crap last night, not what his personal opinion on Catholicism is.
Neely08's item about the carpet bagging cheesehead not knowing who Kaleta is was very telling. That crap is not gonna cut it. It was a no brainer getting us to listen and drop the other guys. Bruins fans were like a guy stranded in the desert with no provisions on day 7. All we wanted was a glass of water and a few bread crumbs. However, now that we've been revived, keeping us is going to be a whole other ballgame. This BS they're pulling trying to drive the SC MVP out of town because they think he has cooties isn't helping things.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Therick67

I gave EEI years with the crap they spewed. I'm not going to jump ship on 98.5 yet, they've given more hockey talk in just over 2 years than EEI had in station history.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Habs killer

i hate the competition of 98.5 and always will, but sports hub has become garbage, I barley listen. gossip crap. busy body tweeters.
the need for more actual technical people with hockey knowledge is a must on a continuous rotation. btw tt is completely trolling the media, & look at all the sunfish hook on.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Is this true?

****ing garbage.
about as true as anything being written by Hackerty regarding this issue.

But you know what? We have freedom of the press in this country and they have every right to write and say whatever they want.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
I have been listening to WRKO more over the past month, I just despise football talk. Hell, I might even accept some basketball because at least the topics change every few days.

2 weeks about the same game, christ all mighty thats boring.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Neely08

Quote:

Hopefully they do. A year ago Felger couldn't even get their names or positions straight. Now he wants to stand on a box and counter TT's political beliefs? Most people immerse themselves in sports to get away from this crap, I know I do. You're 100% correct, I hope EEI picks up the ball and runs w/ it.

Closed Thread